Darby trade already one of the worst in Bills history

Yeezus

Eagles absolutly robbed us. They got rid of 2 useless players and got a potential all pro Cornerback that has yet to enter the prime of his career. Eagles fans are still raving about the trade. 

Trade to this day makes absolutly no sense for me. There was no reason Darby should have been traded. Huge mistake by our part and I think we will realize it this year when Vonte Davis gets injured for 90% of the season and we have no quality depth to fill his spot. 

Edited by Yeezus
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

When doing confit wings, how long should the wings be fried the first time?  And is it recommended to refrigerate overnight prior to the round 2 frying?

@Jauronimo

My first fry for my wings is at 225F for about 20 mins, you want the skin to be crispy but not brown. Put them on a cooling rack for about an hour then put them in the fridge overnight. Second fry is at 400F for about 10 mins, take the wings straight from the fridge to the fryer.

• Like (+1) 5

Don't let this distract you from the the fact that in 1966, Al Bundy scored four touchdowns in a single game while playing for the Polk High School Panthers in the 1966 city championship game versus Andrew Johnson High School, including the game-winning touchdown in the final seconds against his old nemesis, Bubba "Spare Tire" Dixon.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 9
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Oh yay, another terrible yeezus thread... 

Honest question for you yeezus - Are you a fan of s other team trolling us? 

If you’re not, why do you post on a Bills board, or even follow the Bills, when you so clearly hate the team? 

Oh, and Darby was traded because he didn’t fit the new scheme. He was struggling badly to pick up the zone concept (which is harder to understand than man coverage). 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Oh yay, another terrible yeezus thread... 

Honest question for you yeezus - Are you a fan of s other team trolling us? 

If you’re not, why do you post on a Bills board, or even follow the Bills, when you so clearly hate the team? 

Oh, and Darby was traded because he didn’t fit the new scheme. He was struggling badly to pick up the zone concept (which is harder to understand than man coverage). 

Davis doesn't fit the scheme. Trading Darby is because he wasn't a scheme fit is fine, but get a return for him. We got nothing for Darby. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

And I read an article on si.com yesterday that the young CBs the Eagles have are good enough to where they can release Darby, so there you go.

I got ripped by some for posting a thread last week asking why some folks are here is they can't say anything good about the team.  This guy is Exhibit A.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Davis doesn't fit the scheme. Trading Darby is because he wasn't a scheme fit is fine, but get a return for him. We got nothing for Darby. 

So far in this thread Harrison Phillips has been called a “useless player” and “nothing”...  why? 

5 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

And I read an article on si.com yesterday that the young CBs the Eagles have are good enough to where they can release Darby, so there you go.

I got ripped by some for posting a thread last week asking why some folks are here is they can't say anything good about the team.  This guy is Exhibit A.

I will give you Yeezus but nobody takes him very seriously. I mean "all pro" Ronald Darby? Pass the bucket.

30 minutes ago, Yeezus said:

Eagles absolutly robbed us. They got rid of 2 useless players and got a potential all pro Cornerback that has yet to enter the prime of his career. Eagles fans are still raving about the trade. 

Trade to this day makes absolutly no sense for me. There was no reason Darby should have been traded. Huge mistake by our part and I think we will realize it this year when Vonte Davis gets injured for 90% of the season and we have no quality depth to fill his spot. 

Here we go, another useless diatribe!

31 minutes ago, Yeezus said:

It hardly was a robbery.  Darby is not a Pro Bowl player nor is he one of the top CB’s in the league.

He is a very competent CB2.  What value would you place on a competent CB?  I’d say a 3rd round pick is very much fair.  Plus we got Jordan Matthew in the trade.  On paper, it was a great move.  In actuality injuries ended Matthews’ career.  

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I wonder if there are any trades the Bills have made that Yeezus doesn't consider among the worst in team history?

I don't necessarily agree with it, but it's a fair point that he raises. Darby is an objectively good player who played well last year. Matthews was a bust (injuries being the cause), and the draft pick is a complete unknown. Whether he's the next Kyle Williams or the next Tim Anderson is anyone's guess. 

3 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

He actually played very well overall last season when healthy, although he struggled in the SB (like everyone who has to cover Gronk). 

He’s fine but he’s not an all-pro. Maybe someday, you never know. Where will he play next year?  He’s a FA and doubt the Eagles will pay him. They were trying to trade him.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

He’s fine but he’s not an all-pro. Maybe someday, you never know. Where will he play next year?  He’s a FA and doubt the Eagles will pat him. They were trying to trade him.

He's not an all-pro, but the potential is certainly there. He also played really well last night ( https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/news/174451/ronald-darby-saves-day-eagles.php ) against arguably the best receiver in the league. Jones will get his catches regardless because he's *that* good, but bear in mind that in three straight games, he'll have been matched up against Gronk, Julio Jones, and Mike Evans. He has been facing off against truly elite players. 

2 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I don't necessarily agree with it, but it's a fair point that he raises. Darby is an objectively good player who played well last year. Matthews was a bust (injuries being the cause), and the draft pick is a complete unknown. Whether he's the next Kyle Williams or the next Tim Anderson is anyone's guess. 

Darby is good, not great, wasn't a particularly natural fit for McDermott's cover 3 and they got a 3rd round pick and a player back. I don't think it was a great trade but not sure it is really bad one either.

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Darby is good, not great, wasn't a particularly natural fit for McDermott's cover 3 and they got a 3rd round pick and a player back. I don't think it was a great trade but not sure it is really bad one either.

The jury is out because we don't know about Harrison and won't for a while, but Darby is a good player. Whether it was a good trade for the Bills is open to debate, but it was certainly a good trade for the Eagles.

https://247sports.com/college/miami/Board/92/Contents/FSU-Casher-Darby-Facing-Expulsion-for-Winstons-Situation-28724987

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jameis-winston-suspension-witness-reportedly-left-out-one-key-detail-in-uber-story/

Two incidents involving Jameis and Darby was with him on both occasions.

Beane knew Darby was not a "process guy". 

I'll give it 6 months and we'll hear about another incident with Darby. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BringBackFergy said:

https://247sports.com/college/miami/Board/92/Contents/FSU-Casher-Darby-Facing-Expulsion-for-Winstons-Situation-28724987

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jameis-winston-suspension-witness-reportedly-left-out-one-key-detail-in-uber-story/

Fall Guy!

Just now, BringBackFergy said:

Jim Schwarz is not a guy who relies on the choirboy strategy.

• Like (+1) 1