Darby trade already one of the worst in Bills history

Yeezus

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

When doing confit wings, how long should the wings be fried the first time?  And is it recommended to refrigerate overnight prior to the round 2 frying?

@Jauronimo

What Wayne said. 

https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2012/01/ultimate-extra-crispy-double-fried-confit-buffalo-wings.html

The results are excellent and the quick second fry makes this an ideal game day recipe.  I think the sauce could use some work, but that's the fun part. 

5 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

What Wayne said. 

https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2012/01/ultimate-extra-crispy-double-fried-confit-buffalo-wings.html

The results are excellent and the quick second fry makes this an ideal game day recipe.  I think the sauce could use some work, but that's the fun part. 

Thanks, man.  And thank you, @Wayne Cubed!

As for the sauce, I just made a really good hot sauce from a variety of peppers (jolokia, cowhorn, chili, jalapeno, habanero) that I'll use as a base for a wing sauce.

Edited by Gugny

OP's argument is a bit simplistic IMO.

Darby is specifically excellent in a Jim Schwartz man coverage scheme.  Darby struggles in a zone scheme.  

EJ Gaines struggles in a man scheme but excells in a zone scheme.  

The Bills were matching talent to plan.  Square pegs to square holes.  

(FWIW, there were plenty of BIlls players who were All-Pro in the Jim Schwartz defense.  You could argue that the Bills biggest loss was Jim Schwartz, not Ronald Darby.)  

Edited by dpberr

1 hour ago, Yeezus said:

Eagles absolutly robbed us. They got rid of 2 useless players and got a potential all pro Cornerback that has yet to enter the prime of his career. 

When do you estimate Darby will enter the all pro prime part of his career?

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Their front-7 hides the deficiencies of their secondary.  Especially Darby.

Also, Darby was burned maaaaany times by Julio Jones -- Darby, like Gilmore, tends to be feast or famine. I'm not sure whether we were right to trade him, but we got pretty good value for him and our secondary was great last year, and will be this year if Davis returns to form. McDermott and Beane found some reason they thought the return was better than keeping him and so far they have taken a team who were expected to tank to the playoffs in their only season. Maybe that's a fluke, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

This again? Are we gonna have to tolerate these insufferable and pointless threads every time a traded player has a good game on national TV? Spilt milk, anyone? 

Bottom line is Darby is not a good fit for McDermott’s preferred schemes. That’s a coach’s prerogative and you can either respect that or not but it changes noting one way or the other. 

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

He played the entire Super Bowl. Spoiler alert: the Patriots didn't punt once.

C’mon now. Darby was part of a secondary that held Brady to 505 yards passing and three TDs.

Edited by K-9
  • Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Yes.  If Matt Ryan is a top 10 QB, there’s not many good QB’s in the NFL.  Slow in the pocket and his arm looked average.  

Average is being too kind IMO. That was really shocking to see. He's never had a rocket but man his passes seemed to hang in the air forever last night.

22 minutes ago, dpberr said:

FWIW, there were plenty of BIlls players who were All-Pro in the Jim Schwartz defense.  You could argue that the Bills biggest loss was Jim Schwartz, not Ronald Darby.

This.  I think the worst aspect of the Wrecks fiasco was saying goodbye to Schwartz.  The Bills had a killer defense, remember?  Under Wrecks it turned into toilet paper. 

As for Darby, I think he's a good player and whether we got the good or bad end of the trade won't pan out until we see what Harrison turns into.  I am concerned that last year gave the front office the idea they could scoop up street free agents, plug them into our D backfield, and coach them up.  We struck gold last year but so far it looks like that mine is played out.

22 minutes ago, dpberr said:

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Yeezus said:

Eagles absolutly robbed us. got rid of 2 useless players and got a potential all pro Cornerback that has yet to enter the prime of his career. Eagles fans are still raving about the trade. 

Trade to this day makes absolutly no sense for me. There was no reason Darby should have been traded. Huge mistake by our part and I think we will realize it this year when Vonte Davis gets injured for 90% of the season and we have no quality depth to fill his spot. 

Anyone go for some nachos?

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Yeezus is a troll but Darby for a third is a bad trade.  He is developing into a very good corner and would easily be #2 on our roster.  He just needs to stop covering for Jameis when Jameis goes into rape mode.

I am on record of not agreeing at the time with the Darby trade, BUT, felt at the time we still got FAIR compensation back and overall was ok with it.  I think Darby is better than some think here, however, without question I would rather have Horrible Harry right now than Darby.  Jordan didn't work out, but he wasn't a bad player to get also in the trade, unfortunately injuries since leaving Philly have derailed his career, but its not like he was a scrub.  Had he stayed healthy, the trade would have looked even better for the Bills and at the time of the trade we certainly needed a WR with the trade of Watkins at the same time.

So where I sit right now is that I think the trade was good for BOTH teams.  Eagles got a starting corner, and we got a promising Kyle replacement who has certainly looked the part so far and is a perfect fit for this team.  And we certainly need more help on the DL right now than the secondary, which is in the top 5 of the NFL currently IMHO.

Conclusion:  The only thing that is one of the "worst ever" is the claims of the OP and this thread.

2 hours ago, Yeezus said:

Eagles absolutly robbed us. They got rid of 2 useless players and got a potential all pro Cornerback that has yet to enter the prime of his career. Eagles fans are still raving about the trade. 

Trade to this day makes absolutly no sense for me. There was no reason Darby should have been traded. Huge mistake by our part and I think we will realize it this year when Vonte Davis gets injured for 90% of the season and we have no quality depth to fill his spot. 

Yeezus kryst... he doesn’t fit the bills scheme!! 

Mathews was a decent potential WR, CB was deep and the pick netted a meatball 2.0

the secondary was a strength without Darby last year. We was a weakness even with Mathews last year. It was a good trade. 

So maybe a regrettable trade at worst of harry fizzles and Darby miraculously became good at the bills scheme. 

Certainly not worst ever. And almost cant even be framed as such unless Darby becomes Charles Woodson and harry becomes mccargo. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

2 hours ago, TheTruthHurts said:

I don't understand the Darby trade. My only guess is he didn't fit in the culture. White and Darby would have locked down CB for the next five years. Our secondary would be set. 

At least you admit that you don't understand why Darby would absolutely not have locked down the CB position for us in the scheme we play.

• Like (+1) 1