Dion Dawkins will tell you where to put your negativity!

YoloinOhio

LT Dion Dawkins said Thursday of the Bills' NFL-long Super Bowl odds: "I think that you [reporters] are the only guys that make us think about stuff like that. And you guys are the guys who brought that s--- into the locker room. So you can take that and go somewhere with it. Because I would have never even heard of that until you said it. But that's how I feel about it." Asked how much the odds motivate players, Dawkins said, "I don't think nobody else really knows about it. So it doesn't motivate us. It doesn't demote us. It's just outside noise that we really don't need. But, hey, you brought it into the locker room, so now it's in here. So I appreciate you for bringing it in here."
  • Like (+1) 11
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

They always say they aren't aware of this stuff.  But they are.  They always are.  The whole team knows that they aren't favored to do well this year.  I guarantee it. 

I just hope that they use it as motivation to be better than they are expected to be

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, berg1029 said:

They always say they aren't aware of this stuff.  But they are.  They always are.  The whole team knows that they aren't favored to do well this year.  I guarantee it. 

I just hope that they use it as motivation to be better than they are expected to be

McDermott really harped on the underdog stuff last year. I assume he’s using it to it’s fullest potential again.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
7 minutes ago, SoTier said:

IIRC, the last time Dawkins played in the preseason, he got embarrassed by Miles Garrett.   The team's performance on the field is exactly what inspired the Bills "NFL-long" Super Bowl odds.

He stepped in as a rookie LT and did a very nice job on the way to the playoffs.  Instead of acknowledging that he is a very promising young tackle,  you would rather trash him for having a few bad series against the #1 overall draft pick from last season who is expected to be one of the top pass rushers in the league for years to come.  Get a life dude.  

By the way it's Myles.

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

5 minutes ago, SoTier said:

IIRC, the last time Dawkins played in the preseason, he got embarrassed by Miles Garrett.   The team's performance on the field is exactly what inspired the Bills "NFL-long" Super Bowl odds.

You're correct.  But two things I'd add for perspective.   A) Gregggggg Williams is a douche and schemed for the game and B) Miles Garrett might be the best DE in the league.  

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Would the #1 pick be that bad? I feel McDermott and Beane got another couple years for getting to the playoffs. I’m sure if they bombed this year the Pegs would tie a good showing next year with extensions. 

Id rather we win every game but I’m not 10 anymore and can see how 2000s this team looks right now. No offensive line is like an automatic 10 losses. Rex Ryan farted his way to mediocrity on the coattails of a good trench. McDermott with a good line on both sides can easily win 10+, just not this year for sure.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

He stepped in as a rookie LT and did a very nice job on the way to the playoffs.  Instead of acknowledging that he is a very promising young tackle,  you would rather trash him for having a few bad series against the #1 overall draft pick from last season who is expected to be one of the top pass rushers in the league for years to come.  Get a life dude.

Poor OL play got AJ McCarren hurt in game 2.  Poor OL play nearly got Josh Allen sidelined indefinitely with a concussion in game 3.  The OL played so poorly in both games that McDermott played the starters longer than he had originally intended.   How could the team watch game film and not see that they were not playing well?

15 minutes ago, Gigs said:

Would the #1 pick be that bad? I feel McDermott and Beane got another couple years for getting to the playoffs. I’m sure if they bombed this year the Pegs would tie a good showing next year with extensions. 

Id rather we win every game but I’m not 10 anymore and can see how 2000s this team looks right now. No offensive line is like an automatic 10 losses. Rex Ryan farted his way to mediocrity on the coattails of a good trench. McDermott with a good line on both sides can easily win 10+, just not this year for sure.

1. You don't need to pick #1 to get good OL help.

2. Players are human beings, not Madden characters, and losing a ton of games affects team culture - you want your lows to not be too low, with the only possible exception if you are desperate for the QB of the future, and they think they already have that in Allen.

So, yes, being the worst team in the league (or close to it) would be bad for the process.

Edited by BobChalmers
  • Like (+1) 3

21 minutes ago, SoTier said:

Poor OL play got AJ McCarren hurt in game 2.  Poor OL play nearly got Josh Allen sidelined indefinitely with a concussion in game 3.  The OL played so poorly in both games that McDermott played the starters longer than he had originally intended.   How could the team watch game film and not see that they were not playing well?

th7PUVEHZG.jpg

42 minutes ago, SoTier said:

You truly are a douche canoe.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, SoTier said:

Dawkins and everyone elses LT of every NFL team this pre season on Garrett

Jesus your posts are so bad....just one after another after another

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, John from Riverside said:

Dawkins and everyone elses LT of every NFL team this pre season on Garrett

Jesus your posts are so bad....just one after another after another

This is a miracle.

I agree with John *checks out the window to see if there's an asteroid coming*

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
1 hour ago, SoTier said:

Now I know you are trolling.  You had me at first, Kudos, but this response is so dim-witted it can not possibly be serious.  Good job on the initial troll though.  

22 hours ago, SoTier said:

Don't think that it's any surprise we don't have an exceptional OL. You also can't really base any team, or overall line play on preseason performance, however, you can more accurately gauge individual performance in the preseason. The reason for this is that, up until they declared Peterman QB1, no offensive line player was able to acclimate to any particular QB cadence, pocket presence/movement, time to release, or even play style at all. To further complicate the continuity issues, we didn't even have a starting line set until roughly around the same time. I don't think it takes an expert to tell you that each OL player develops their style based upon the scheme and the guys next to them. 

Don't get me wrong, our OL is one of the biggest holes on this team imho. But you can't let what you've seen thus far be the end all be all for the remainder of the season, and consider the perspective that it's still just the preseason, and sadly, our coaches spent camp and the first four games answering questions and experimenting rather than developing a solid foundation of continuity to build from. While it can be argued they had no choice with Allen as a first round pick and the current state of the team, that is the result you are seeing on the field more so than the saying our OL is only comprised of terrible players.

Edited by ctk232

23 hours ago, stony said:

You're correct.  But two things I'd add for perspective.   A) Gregggggg Williams is a douche and schemed for the game and B) Miles Garrett might be the best DE in the league.  

*is the best DE in the league.

I can't be the only one that sees Bruce Smith rubbing off on him. I wouldn't be surprised if he had 15-20 sacks.

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

If i am playing for  a Team , thats a fine way to think !
If i am Coaching a Team ? that' s a guy i want playing for me. He also happens to be pretty decent for a second year player playing next to a former RG and whipping boy at that.
Dion is alright by me

• Like (+1) 2