Week 1: Ravens Game Preparation - Nathan Peterman & Groy Starting

/dev/null

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Starting Nathan Peterman not a surprise, despite '17 disaster

The Buffalo Bills' decision to start Nathan Peterman in their regular-season opener Sunday against the Baltimore Ravens will be mocked by some, much like Bills coach Sean McDermott was jeered for his call to start Peterman in a disastrous 54-24 loss to the Los Angeles Chargers last season.

At first glance to those who only know Peterman for his five-interception starting debut last November, the move looks odd.

The Bills are starting Nathan Peterman? Really?

Really. To anyone who has watched the entire Bills preseason and followed training camp closely, it should not come as much of a surprise.

Iam still in some what awe... Peterman executed  in the pre-season bur it's still pre-season.Nm still not sure Josh is ready so here weeeeeeee go!

2 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

Good interview by Josh. 

I like that you could see/tell that he was disappointed not to be starting, too. 

I think this kid looks to have the right personality and mindset to make it as an NFL starter. 

That was played well by Josh...

He will get his shot!

Hopefully PETERMAN CAN!

7 minutes ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

Eh. Every SINGLE QB will throw picks. What's wrong with you? How about this: The present and the future is Nate Peterman. Josh Allen will never be handed the keys in Buffalo. Yes, he'll start IF Nate gets injured and can't play. However, Coach will yank him out very quickly once Nate is ready to go back in.

GM Beane got played during the draft. He should have never traded for Josh Allen as I written months ago.

What wrong with him?? 

12 minutes ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

Eh. Every SINGLE QB will throw picks. What's wrong with you? How about this: The present and the future is Nate Peterman. Josh Allen will never be handed the keys in Buffalo. Yes, he'll start IF Nate gets injured and can't play. However, Coach will yank him out very quickly once Nate is ready to go back in.

GM Beane got played during the draft. He should have never traded for Josh Allen as I written months ago.

Yes every QB has picks, good ones tend to space them out.

17 minutes ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

Your out of your damn mind

3 hours ago, njbuff said:

What are the odds Peterman finishes the Ravens game?

Are injury and/or ineffectiveness in order?

TBH - it really has to do with what kind of a game plan Daboll crafts.

If he understands what Peterman can and can't do, and makes sure Peterman understands that, and if he understands what our OL can and can't do and game plans for both of those things - we should be OK

If he doesn't, we won't.  That's it.

• Like (+1) 3

52 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

TBH - it really has to do with what kind of a game plan Daboll crafts.

If he understands what Peterman can and can't do, and makes sure Peterman understands that, and if he understands what our OL can and can't do and game plans for both of those things - we should be OK

If he doesn't, we won't.  That's it.

Having coached him for the past 6 months, he probably knows what NP can and can’t do well.

1 hour ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

Put the bottle down and go get some help.

• Thank you (+1) 1

From the Ravens app 

Allen may eventually be the starter in Buffalo this season, but the Bills are avoiding having a rookie make his first career start in M&T Bank Stadium.

Per ESPN, the Ravens are 14-2 against rookie quarterbacks at home. Under Head Coach John Harbaugh, Baltimore has allowed four touchdowns to rookie signal-callers at M&T Bank Stadium while forcing 13 interceptions in 10 games.

The Bears' Mitchell Trubisky won in his first NFL road start in Baltimore last year, though he went 8-of-16 for 113 yards and a touchdown and fumbled twice.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

Nate Peterman is the starter some of us predicted vs. the Josh Allen fans. No surprise here. Josh Allen has too many negatives compared to Nasty Nate. Josh is not ready this year and next year. The most damning negative is his slow decision making (holding on the ball too long a la Drew Bledsoe, JP Losman, Trent Edwards, Tyrod). Doesn't seem like he can ever fix that.

Nasty Nate era is here. He's our Franchise QB. I don't see Josh taking that away from him. Nate is fast with his decisions, fast trigger, and super accurate arm. Nate just has to stay durable and the Buffalo Bills QB position is his for a long time.

#SUPER-TROLL

2 hours ago, vincec said:

Not a full bodied endorsement of Peterman by McDermott at his press conference at all, IMO.

He dodged questions about if Nate would be looking over his shoulder and what steps Allen needs to take to become the starter, so you know both of those topics came up with the QBs in their meetings. The fact that he seemed to leave it open for Allen to take over at any time isn't really ideal for Peterman's confidence.

So you think that Nate's unaware of the short lease that he's on?

Also,Nate should be looking over his shoulder,hopefully, it give him greater motivation to succeed!

Go Nate!!! 

3 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

From the Ravens app 

Allen may eventually be the starter in Buffalo this season, but the Bills are avoiding having a rookie make his first career start in M&T Bank Stadium.

Per ESPN, the Ravens are 14-2 against rookie quarterbacks at home. Under Head Coach John Harbaugh, Baltimore has allowed four touchdowns to rookie signal-callers at M&T Bank Stadium while forcing 13 interceptions in 10 games.

The Bears' Mitchell Trubisky won in his first NFL road start in Baltimore last year, though he went 8-of-16 for 113 yards and a touchdown and fumbled twice.

Oh now it all makes sense it's cursed.

1 hour ago, OJ Tom said:

Without a doubt, when Allen takes over we are going to have to sift through countless posts from this guy explaining how Peterman didn't get a fair shot, or it was the o-line, or the OC, or some injury derailed a promising career. With this kind of commitment, I could see him holding on for years.

I'm blocking him now, just to save me the trouble of reading more nonsense.

So,Who you going to block if Josh doesn't make it?

This will be an extremely difficult game for the Bills to win. I see the Ravens competing for and maybe even winning the AFC this season. They will have a Top 5 defense and I think Flacco does much better this season throwing to Crabtree, John Brown and Willie Snead. They also have Marshal Yanda back, which will improve their run game.

I see the Ravens winning 12-13 games this season.

More likely scenario is Peterman QBs the Bills to a 1-5 start , then is pulled for Allen who will start the next balance of the next 3 years at minimum ( barring injury) . If Peterman is the future, the Bills will be drafting a QB in round 1 of the 2019 draft. 

5 hours ago, purple haze said:

That out route is a staple of any offense.  It's a basic throw.  At some point he will have to throw it; and often times it doesn't look good.

Agree, and if they run some variations of that the corners won't be able to sit on that route so tight.  That and they can work on timing and ball placement.  You have to believe that the coaches and Nate will continue to work on this. 

They won't all throw a career full of them in one half of one game.