Week 1: Ravens Game Preparation - Nathan Peterman & Groy Starting

/dev/null

Adam Benigni and Vic Carucci of the Buffalo News discuss the Bills decision to start Nathan Peterman at quarterback. (9:34)

Bills Name Nathan Peterman Starting QB

The Buffalo Bills have named Nathan Peterman the starting quarterback for their Week 1 game against Baltimore. Peterman beat out first-round draft pick Josh Allen, this after completing 33-of-41 passes for 431 yards, three touchdowns and one interception in the preseason.

“He won the competition fair and square,” WGR Bills sideline reporter Sal Capaccio said on After Hours with Amy Lawrence. “There’s no debating he was the best quarterback of the three throughout preseason and training camp. He completed over 80 percent of his passes, which was pretty incredible. Through three games, he was 33-of-41. I don’t care if you’re going against first team, second team, third team or a bunch of JV payers. When you do that in football, that’s really good.”

After Hours with Amy Lawrence - Sal Capaccio, Bills Sideline Reporter - After Hours with Amy Lawrence - Omny.fm (10:35)

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

axxo5s.jpg

5 Takeaways from the Bills Depth Chart, Pre-Ravens

The Buffalo Bills are fully turning their attention to their season opening contest against the Baltimore Ravens this Sunday.

It’s been a long, often bumpy, road to get here, but the Bills have 53 players they’re slated to head into battle with. Of those 53, only 47 will suit up on game day.

Ahead of Sunday’s game, the Bills released their latest unofficial depth chart, their first of the regular season. In it is a few nuggets worth noting.

With that, here are five takeaways from the Bills unofficial depth chart, pre-Ravens:

Murphy still low
Ray-Ray’s status
Backup RG, anyone?
Welcome to the show, Croom
Corner No. 2

25 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

5 Takeaways from the Bills Depth Chart, Pre-Ravens

The Buffalo Bills are fully turning their attention to their season opening contest against the Baltimore Ravens this Sunday.

It’s been a long, often bumpy, road to get here, but the Bills have 53 players they’re slated to head into battle with. Of those 53, only 47 will suit up on game day.

Ahead of Sunday’s game, the Bills released their latest unofficial depth chart, their first of the regular season. In it is a few nuggets worth noting.

With that, here are five takeaways from the Bills unofficial depth chart, pre-Ravens:

Murphy still low
Ray-Ray’s status
Backup RG, anyone?
Welcome to the show, Croom
Corner No. 2

TY for the update on Perriman etc

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Good question. They will likely sit one WR (Foster), one TE, a LB, a CB, Kyle if he is not playing, and McDermott. That’s 6. Ray Ray makes 7 although he may play play. If he is ok then maybe Murph is out. I would not dress Taiwan and keep Murph but McD loves Taiwan. 

Just added how my mind read this

Edited by co_springs_billsfan

2 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

He did it during preseason and looked good. But Jones was there for first kick in game three. And Ray Ray returned KO and P, and Kerley started the preseason as the PR. So they have guys that have done it this year if they need the spot. 

I want Murphy activated. But there is usually a surprise or two. Also depends on matchups and game plans. 

Taiwan was named ST captain.  Doubtful that he sits.  But he's due for an injury by week 2

8 hours ago, 3rdand12 said:

well moving Groy off center after starting him there is not my favorite option, thats for sure. Ducasse played RG till this offseason i thought. so Bills must have a plan when they moved him.
 hoping Teller comes stays focused and ready ! would like to see him this year improved and prepared enough to relegate Vlad to where he is likely best fro the team. a decent to good back up.

If a guard goes down in game they will move Groy to guard and put Bodine in at center. Then I would expect the following week Teller to start with Groy at C. Honestly to me that has to be the right option. I hated the idea you start your second best center because your best one can play guard as well. It is just horrible logic. 

12 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

This year will show how underrated Tyrod was by most of the fan base here, IMO.

I wasn't against them moving on from him and they absolutely needed to take a first round QB, but not having him with this roster is going to result in a rough season. As long as Allen shows progress it will be worth it.

Let’s throw 25 million dollars at a guy 

Who can pass for under 100 yards multiple times 

Who can get you 3 points in a playoff game 

giphy.gif

Take this stuff to the brownszone or browntown.       

Peterman is the 1.    Allen is the 2. 

Tyrod is gone 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

I just don't understand why they chose Taiwan Jones

here is the list of ST's.  Other than Haus$ who else can be looked at as a leader?

Stephen Hauschka *
Corey Bojorquez
Marcus Murphy
Jeremy Kerley
Ray-Ray McCloud III
Marcus Murphy
Taiwan Jones
Reid Ferguson
Harrison Phillips

9 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

here is the list of ST's.  Other than Haus$ who else can be looked at as a leader?

Stephen Hauschka *
Corey Bojorquez
Marcus Murphy
Jeremy Kerley
Ray-Ray McCloud III
Marcus Murphy
Taiwan Jones
Reid Ferguson
Harrison Phillips

Obviously Murphy because he's listed twice

• Haha (+1) 1

What Buffalo Bills coach Sean McDermott said about decision to start Nathan Peterman over Josh Allen

Orchard Park, N.Y. -- The Buffalo Bills named Nathan Peterman the starting quarterback on Monday and coach Sean McDermott addressed the decision at his Monday press conference.

The Bills traded AJ McCarron to the Oakland Raiders over the weekend and decided to sit seventh overall draft pick Josh Allen in favor of Peterman. Allen had his moments during the preseason but ultimately showed he needs more time to develop.

McDermott talked about all three quarterbacks and what went into the process of naming a starter.

14 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

Put it this way: if 3/5 of the line is different from last year and the offense STILL manages to put up better numbers, wouldn't you have to conclude that Taylor was holding them back?

No, I'd say Dennison was holding them back and Daboll is an upgrade. When they put up 775 points and 11,500 yards over 2 consecutive seasons we can talk about the QB.

Week 1 Game Plan: Ravens-Bills - Ravens

Ravens will unveil new-look offense against Bills in opener.

The Baltimore Ravens open the regular season against the Buffalo Bills at M&T Bank Stadium on Sunday, Sept. 9. Baltimore is looking to end a three-year playoff drought. The Bills snuck into the postseason last year when the Ravens were beaten by the Bengals on a last-minute touchdown in Week 17.

Bills Today: Bills Name Team Captains for 2018 season

DmVWFsLVsAI-or_.jpg

Top 8 Storylines for Bills-Ravens this Week

DmVWUZ5UcAAZ069.jpg

It’s the opening week for the 59th season of Buffalo Bills football. The Bills open at Baltimore Sunday with plenty of intrigue after ending the playoff drought eight months ago.

Here are the top storylines to follow as Buffalo gets ready to take on the Ravens:

1. FRESH START FOR NATHAN PETERMAN

2. RE-START FOR JOE FLACCO

3. NEW COORDINATORS GO HEAD-TO-HEAD

4. DOES BUFFALO’S INVESTMENT ON DEFENSE PAY IMMEDIATE DIVIDENDS?

5. DOES SHADY HAVE A SHOT AT 12K?

6. RAVENS READY FOR RECEIVERS TO BREAK THROUGH

7. IS THERE A ROLE FOR LAMAR JACKSON TO PLAY?

8. BILLS NEED TO BE BETTER ON THE ROAD

23 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

1. FRESH START FOR NATHAN PETERMAN

What are the odds that the lights will turn on for Peterman in a better designed offense, like they did for Goff last year?