Josh Allen to start Sunday

FluffHead

Anybody else seeing Colin Cowhard changing his tune on Josh Allen

Something to the effect of "I didnt realize his coaching was that bad at Wyoming looks like a totally different player with the bills"

Well Colin when you have

An OL that looks like they are TRYING to get you killed

No NFL caliber talent to throw to at all that cant get separation and drop balls that hit them in the hands

Having to contantly play hero ball trying to keep your team in games

The bills front office is very good now.....VERY good.   They saw the diamond through the poop

1 hour ago, CodeMonkey said:

This is still preseason, they can "flip flop" as much as they want still.  But that being said, in the "dress rehearsal" preseason game 3 you tend to see the week 1 starters play the first half and maybe a series or two into the second half.  So for the "start Allen" crowd, this is very good news.

However, with the news that McCarron does not have a fracture means he could still be considered, even though he likely won't play at all Sunday.  We'll know when McCoach wants us to know and not before :)

giphy.gif

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Something to the effect of "I didnt realize his coaching was that bad at Wyoming looks like a totally different player with the bills"

Well Colin when you have

No NFL caliber talent to throw to at all that cant get separation and drop balls that hit them in the hands

The bills front office is very good now.....VERY good.   They saw the diamond through the poop

The way I see it John, all the negativity on Allen including from the Bills fan base all helped bring Josh Allen to Buffalo in my humble opinion.

Without it Josh Allen in all likelihood ends up in Cleveland IMO.

Thank you Negative Nancy's

12 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Well Colin when you have

Wait! Are you describing his situation with the Cowboys (not Jerrah's boys) or the Bills?  ;)

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, eball said:

I'm not sure people understand what is meant by "vanilla" defense.  It doesn't mean teams aren't running their own schemes and looks.  It does mean teams are not specifically game planning for what the other team runs.  There's a huge difference.  What was reported by some of the Bills defensive players is that they saw looks from the Browns -- particularly in the running game -- they had not prepared for, which resulted in some of the big plays.

For the 3rd preseason game teams typically do a bit of game planning, as they are really trying to simulate a "normal" week leading up to a regular season game.  Of course, no team is going to show everything during preseason but this is going to be a good, true test for Allen against a better than average Cinci defense.

I’m aware of the “difference”, I just think the impact is way overblown. Good luck gameplanning for 60+ mph heaters thrown with anticipation. I saw Josh on the tablet between drives, Bills will adjust throughout the game.

Sorry wrong thread... OOOPS

Just called..

I got $12 per month off my Sunday Ticket Billing, $60 a month off my Bill for 12 months, and 6 months free HBO.

$800 in savings over the next year...  

$CHA CHING$

Edited by ddaryl

3 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

Just called..

I got $12 per month off my Sunday Ticket Billing, $60 a month off my Bill for 12 months, and 6 months free HBO.

$800 in savings over the next year...  

$CHA CHING$

yeah, but what are you paying per year??

and the proper thread is here:

Edited by Foxx

Just now, Foxx said:

yeah, but what are you paying per year??

My Bill with Sunday ticket for the next 6 months would of been $165.56, It is now About $97 per month, and after the Sunday Ticket is paid off My Bill drops to $49 until August next year.

If any of you think Allen is starting the dress rehearsal game just to see how he does with the 1s, you’re crazy. No coach would do this unless he’s expecting Allen to start week 1 against the Ravens. You don’t mess with the starting offense like that and then throw in another QB two weeks later.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Mat68 said:

Better Dline, and secondary depth.  Better wrs corp with a Healthy Benjamin, Streater, and Coleman.  

No way I'm adding Streater or Coleman as improvements. 

We'll see about the DL although on paper it could very well be improved.

5 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

No way I'm adding Streater or Coleman as improvements. 

while I don't 100% agree with Mat68's overall assessment of us improving in the offseason or the names he just dropped. I think it could be argued that a healthy KB along with zay jones in year 2 and the talent of a guy like coleman and even the kerley addition is much better on paper at the WR position than what we dealt with for the majority of last season. I still thinks its one of the lesser corps in the league, but I would argue its improved at face value.

Edited by Stank_Nasty

Just now, Stank_Nasty said:

while I don't 100% agree with Mat68's overall assessment of us improving in the offseason or the names he just dropped. I think it could be argued that a healthy KB along with zay jones in year 2 and the talent of a guy like coleman and even the kerley addition is much better on paper at the WR position than what we dealt with for the majority of last season.

Still many question marks in the WR corps with many guys having quite a bit to prove including Zay and Coleman.  The potential is there, but at this juncture that is all it is. 

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Still many question marks in the WR corps with many guys having quite a bit to prove including Zay and Coleman.  The potential is there, but at this juncture that is all it is. 

I think its fairly obvious that a healthy KB and a year 2 jones is better than Matthews and rookie jones. I don't think there's much debate there. it still might be a turd. but its been polished slightly. i'm not arguing about the question marks. i'm just stating that on paper I think its a pretty obvious upgrade. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

Just now, Stank_Nasty said:

I think its fairly obvious that a healthy KB and a year 2 jones is better than Matthews and rookie jones. I don't think there's much debate there. it still might be a turd. but its been polished slightly.

We need it to be a helluva lot more than that.  :lol:

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

1 minute ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I think its fairly obvious that a healthy KB and a year 2 jones is better than Matthews and rookie jones. I don't think there's much debate there. it still might be a turd. but its been polished slightly.

I would be shocked if our WRs didn't do better this season.  I'm convinced that last year was a fluke for Zay Jones.  I think he does much better this year.  I'm concerned about KB's knee, but he's already proven that he will play through discomfort.  Lastly, regardless of which QB gets the starting nod, each of them will be more likely to utilize the WRs more than their predecessor did.

I like who we've got at WR and look forward to much better production out of them this year.

Allen is what... 245lbs?   For a 22 year old?   

I'm somewhat concerned about his weight... I've heard he likes to eat and eat a lot. 

Part of what makes him a special talent is his athleticism, ability to move around in the pocket and escape.    Let's hope he can keep his weight in check.   

He has a very round face which means his natural state is being overweight.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

I'm somewhat concerned about his weight... I've heard he likes to eat and eat a lot. 

Part of what makes him a special talent is his athleticism, ability to move around in the pocket and escape.    Let's hope he can keep his weight in check.   

This is pure !@#$ing gold.

• Haha (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

This seems like a weird thing to be concerned about.

2 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

Well look at Phelps he consumes 12K calories when he trains.

Some athletes burn calories at a ridiculous rate and have to eat just to maintain.

As long as he's eating good food and not crap he should be fine. I'm sure he's tuned into it to where if he starts to gain unwanted weight he'll adjust.. I doubt he's the one we will need to worry about in regards to eating themselves out of job

1 minute ago, ddaryl said:

Some athletes burn calories at a ridiculous rate and have to eat just to maintain.

As long as he's eating good food and not crap he should be fine. I'm sure he's tuned into it to where if he starts to gain unwanted weight he'll adjust.. I doubt he's the one we will need to worry about in regards to eating themselves out of job

You are ignoring the very very important round face issue.  

• Haha (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

This is awesome.   Can some of the medical folks here chime in on this golden nugget of wisdom?

12 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

8 minutes ago, Gugny said:

This is pure !@#$ing gold.

7 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

This seems like a weird thing to be concerned about.

7 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

5 minutes ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

You are ignoring the very very important round face issue.  

No worries guys. 

Once Josh perfects his JA#17 diet and training regiment, thus ensuring a great career until 50, his weight will not be an issue.

• Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

Next thing you know he'll be looking the way Jared Lorenzen used to.

image.jpeg.e69c72e504844a4fc38ea98bacf4d9cc.jpeg

41 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

If any of you think Allen is starting the dress rehearsal game just to see how he does with the 1s, you’re crazy. No coach would do this unless he’s expecting Allen to start week 1 against the Ravens. You don’t mess with the starting offense like that and then throw in another QB two weeks later.

I know, right?  It's funny how the media are trying to suggest it's still an open competition and this is simply Josh's "turn" with the ones.  Umm, no.  I'll go "out on a limb" right now and say the only way Allen isn't starting in Baltimore is if he sustains a significant injury that keeps him out of practice.

25 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

1 hour ago, Figster said:

The way I see it John, all the negativity on Allen including from the Bills fan base all helped bring Josh Allen to Buffalo in my humble opinion.

Without it Josh Allen in all likelihood ends up in Cleveland IMO.

Thank you Negative Nancy's

and now he be like 

giphy.gif

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, TheElectricCompany said:

Remember when EJ Manuel lit it up

No, I don't remember this. Apparently everyone else does. I remember EJ looking mostly competent in preseason. I don't remember him making any wow plays like the two TD passes Allen has thrown. I see a pocket presence that EJ never showed.

• Thank you (+1) 1