Jamal Adams doubles down on his challenge to Josh Allen

1 hour ago, Fadingpain said:

So God has been thinking about the Jets' problems and decided to send this asshat to the team in order to fix the problem.

Who knew?

Famine, war, nuclear proliferation, Mideast peace.  Nah, Nah, Nah.  Gotta work on the Jets 4-3 scheme today.  A lotta work to do.    

Sincerely,

God

2 hours ago, DJB said:

A lot of these guys simply aren't educated though . They just glide through College only worrying about football.

Can't blame them, playing high-end Division 1 ball is a full-time job that masquerades around as an amateur sport. If you are a legit enough prospect to make it to the NFL focus on the thing that is going to make you millions potentially. 

2 hours ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

"I know he seen it."  Still baffles me that grown, educated adults can't speak properly :)

You are overlooking the possibility that he can speak "properly" but chooses, in this context, to communicate in the vernacular. Besides, the language constantly changes and the one thing you can be sure of is that much of what is improper today will, because of frequent usage, become proper tomorrow. That is why you don't hear "forsooth" all that much now-a-days. 

1 minute ago, Mickey said:

You are overlooking the possibility that he can speak "properly" but chooses, in this context, to communicate in the vernacular. Besides, the language constantly changes and the one thing you can be sure of is that much of what is improper today will, because of frequent usage, become proper tomorrow. That is why you don't hear "forsooth" all that much now-a-days. 

Is that like firshizzle?

5 hours ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

"I know he seen it."  Still baffles me that grown, educated adults can't speak properly :)

You are making two assumptions here: (1) Educated? and (2) Adult?

Edited by CSBill
  • Like (+1) 1

I think I want this guy on the Bills. Just quit the trash talk and walk the trash walk brother.

Josh Allen and the Bills are going to be running the division soon. 

Edited by Lfod

Just now, FrankoElTanko said:

Nuts from a guy with one season and NO INT... He could be a stud but talking all that **** could see him end up like Whitner and have like 2 INT over his first like 5 seasons lol

Lil' Jamal. :lol:

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Who is he?

Highly drafted safety of the Jets and a former LSU teammate of Tredavious White.  Buffalo got the smarter of the two DBs.

Edited by TigerJ
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Johnny Hammersticks said:

He had a pretty good rookie year on a really bad team.  Was their best defender in many of the Jests games I watched last year, IMHO.   Physical SS with good range.  Interceptions aren’t everything, hombre.

The history of the NFL is loaded with rookies who stood out on bad teams.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

He had a pretty good rookie year on a really bad team.  Was their best defender in many of the Jests games I watched last year, IMHO.   Physical SS with good range.  Interceptions aren’t everything, hombre.

I certainly don’t doubt that he’ll be a solid 10+ year player.  Maybe even better than that. But I found it interesting that Tre was granted some kind of DB honor ahead of him (I forget the “designation”, but I’m sure others know), despite being the “lesser” prospect. That says something about Tre. 

• Like (+1) 3

6 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

So God has been thinking about the Jets' problems and decided to send this asshat to the team in order to fix the problem.

Who knew?

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.'

And God granted it."

- Voltaire

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

The history of the NFL is loaded with rookies who stood out on bad teams.

Indeed.  Agree to disagree I suppose.  What I saw on he field was a talented young safety.

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

I certainly don’t doubt that he’ll be a solid 10+ year player.  Maybe even better than that. But I found it interesting that Tre was granted some kind of DB honor ahead of him (I forget the “designation”, but I’m sure others know), despite being the “lesser” prospect. That says something about Tre. 

Jamal appears to be somewhat of a big floppin douchebag.  No doubt about that. 

Edited by Johnny Hammersticks

Saying God put him there so the jets can win a Superbowl is more annoying than the Allen tweet. 

I'm glad he's not a Bill. People invoking God into sports is almost as dumb as him talking about how he'd want to die on the field. He's lucky he's an athlete, because he comes across as dumb and self absorbed. 

Edited by Ol Dirty B

Adams lead the league in TFL’s last season. He’s a strong safety..his main job is run support and he did a very good job at it. He also has the ability to play good coverage..he has the football IQ and work ethic for it.

I think a lot of you are misinterpreting what Adams said about Allen. 

This is just some fun competitive fire. Outside of football, Adams is a very confident yet humble guy. Don’t have such thin skin..his comments weren’t mean to be taken as a lot of you are taking it. 

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

He was obviously talking about Wilkerson’s laziness and being late for meetings. All that more obvious when he said “Nah, that isn’t an issue anymore”

Yeah, because Mo plays in Green Bay now.

Edited by Patriot Killa

12 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

B/R: The tweet at Josh Allen. Is that part of the mental warfare?

Adams: Yeah, I know he's seen it. I know he's definitely seen it, so that means he's going to try me and I definitely want him to try me. I'm excited for this year. I'm itching for this year because a lot of people just don't know. They just don't know yet. I don't want to spoil the treats. I just can't wait.

are you the QB ?? Oh, I see, sit down.

9 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Adams lead the league in TFL’s last season. He’s a strong safety..his main job is run support and he did a very good job at it. He also has the ability to play good coverage..he has the football IQ and work ethic for it.

This is just some fun competitive fire. Outside of football, Adams is a very confident yet humble guy. Don’t have such thin skin..his comments weren’t mean to be taken as a lot of you are taking it. 

He was obviously talking about Wilkerson’s laziness and being late for meetings. All that more obvious when he said “Nah, that isn’t an issue anymore”

I really have no issue with what he said about Allen. It didn’t get my angry or anything.

Honestly, I just found it kind of funny that a guy with zero career (NFL) picks is doing so much trash talking about how he can’t wait to pick off our new QB. 

As to his other comments: it sure sounded like he was talking about more than just Mo. He used the word “everybody” multiple times. His exact words were that “everybody did the bare minimum”. 

Either way, it wasn’t a very good look for Adams IMO. Just like Kelvin Benjamin’s recent comments about Cam+Carolina wasn’t a good look for him. 

There’s no reason to throw your team under the bus like that. I don’t really see how any good will come of it. 

1 hour ago, BillsFan4 said:

I really have no issue with what he said about Allen. It didn’t get my angry or anything.

Honestly, I just found it kind of funny that a guy with zero career (NFL) picks is doing so much trash talking about how he can’t wait to pick off our new QB. 

As to his other comments: it sure sounded like he was talking about more than just Mo. He used the word “everybody” multiple times. His exact words were that “everybody did the bare minimum”. 

Either way, it wasn’t a very good look for Adams IMO. Just like Kelvin Benjamin’s recent comments about Cam+Carolina wasn’t a good look for him. 

There’s no reason to throw your team under the bus like that. I don’t really see how any good will come of it. 

He wasn’t throwing his team under the bus. He was throwing Mo Wilkerson under the bus and Wilkerson deserved it. This team went 5-11 last year.

this is what you want from a leader, you want him to step up and say the things others don’t want to say because they don’t want to step on toes. He didn’t do nothing but tell it like it is.

36 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

He wasn’t throwing his team under the bus. He was throwing Mo Wilkerson under the bus and Wilkerson deserved it. This team went 5-11 last year.

this is what you want from a leader, you want him to step up and say the things others don’t want to say because they don’t want to step on toes. He didn’t do nothing but tell it like it is.

I disagree. I guess me me and you just have a much different interpretation of what he said.

Adams: “Everybody was used to losing. You can always tell that vibe. I came in, and it was like everybody wanted to do the bare minimum.

They didn’t want to go above and beyond. They didn’t want to take that extra step. Theydidnt want to be uncomfortable, [but] to be great, you have to be uncomfortable. You have to be willing to sacrifice and willing to do the little things. And the team, the organization, just wasn’t doing those things”.

Adams: “...... That sense of everybody getting used to it. Like, it hasn’t been going good. People are not studying their plays. People aren’t knowing the plays. People aren’t knowing their assignments. We get paid to play a game. You think people would be dedicated to their craft and actually study it and know it like the back of their hand. It just didn’t happen on our team”.

Personally, I interpret that to mean that it was more than just Mo Wilkerson. He even refers to the entire team multiple times. 

Then when asked how you change that, he says -

“When you have that mind-set —when you have that dog in you—it kind of rubs off on people. When they see you out there flying around the ball, talking a little trash and having that energy, they feed off it and they appreciate it....” 

If it was only Mo, why would he say this? He is obviously talking about current teammates. Why would he have to rub off on guys to get them to change if it were only Mo? Mo is gone... 

But I get it. You’re a Jets fan. I am sure I’d defend a Bills player if he said something similar, and try to interpret it in the bets possible way.

I don’t think these comments are that big a deal anyway. But they were definitely ill advised (which is why Bowles and some fellow teammates said they addressed them with Adams). 

18 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

We once had a top-10 SS from a top college program that talked a big game, but when push came to shove he was a decent run defender and nothing more.

Maybe Adams turns out to be more than Donte Whitner, but until then it'd be more prudent of him to actually prove something on the field before he calls out divisional opponents.

• Like (+1) 1