Don’t be a high maintenance poster

SDS

9 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

I'm starting to see more asinine comments from members of 1 year or less.  There's your biggest problem, right there.

Yea that is surely the problem. Diminish the new guys....promote the old guys...always have to blame someone else who is not  you.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, tumaro02 said:

Yea that is surely the problem. Diminish the new guys....promote the old guys...always have to blame someone else who is not  you.

The troublesome new guys, not the new guys in general.  Us 'old-timers' had the same type of problematic posters years ago as well and they eventually moved on.  Well, it looks like they get replaced on an annual basis.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JohnC said:

I'm clueless. Give me a hint as to who is the sensitive diva among the unruly rabble? 

I'm not going to call out by name because I could be wrong, but he has yet to post in this thread.

Just now, Magox said:

I'm not going to call out by name because I could be wrong, but he has yet to post in this thread.

You are not an accomplished gossiper! Toughen up and be bold. In the world of professional gossip unfairly smearing is not only allowed but it is encouraged. If it's not your reputation why should you care? ?

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, KW95 said:

If you need help SDS, I can be a moderator!

If you need help SDS, I can call people idiots and morons.

10 hours ago, SDS said:

Hey guys and gals... I just wanted  to point out something obvious, but needs to be said anyway.

This is a Buffalo Bills message board and though occasionally conversations get heated, for the most part, most everyone should be transparent to the moderators in day-to-day conversations.

However, if you find yourself reporting posts every single day or if you have your posts reported every single day then that means you are inserting yourself into the life of the moderators on a daily basis. There is absolutely no reason in the world why this should ever happen. 

Interacting conflict free on a message board is a very low bar of social interaction to clear. We have had thousands of people come through here and able to navigate that successfully.

Please do not be a high maintenance poster. Thanks. 

I may be high maintenance, but I have fluid hips.

This thread completely ignores 2 social disorders.

#1 Alcohol

#2 Stressful Dumb bell Throwing Syndrome (SDTS)

It effects millions every day

Edited by THE SLAMMER

3 minutes ago, THE SLAMMER said:

This thread completely ignores 2 social disorders.

#1 Alcohol

#2 Stressful Dumb bell Throwing Syndrome (SDTS)

It effects millions every day

And a third: illiteracy.

That AFFECTS even more.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, tumaro02 said:

So just post the TOP 10 List of reporters here and see if that helps!

Nah. 

Probably 98-99%% of the people who report stuff have a legit beef - they either see, or are the target of, language or behavior SDS does not want to propagate on TSW

OR

They use the report function to flag threads that would "fit" better in a different forum etc etc - kind of book-keeping stuff

It's not a problem, and that includes multiple posts reported when there's a single poster who is legit demonstrating a consistent pattern of "bad acting", campaigning or crusading or otherwise interfering with civil discourse about football on TSW or within rather wider boundries of civility elsewhere.

I'm confident SDS is not trying to discourage folks from reporting legit beefs, not at all. 

It's more like, if you go to "Off the Wall" and then start reporting OTW has posts that have nothing to do with football!  I am shocked!  Shocked I tell you!  A mod tells you, "It's called "off the wall" 'cuz it is, in fact, the place to put stuff you want to share, not (or peripherally) related to football.  If that's not what you want, stay out of the Off the Wall forum"   Instead, you keep reading that forum and reporting that OTW has posts that have nothing to do with football.  Rinse and repeat. 

Or, you get a message from a mod saying "don't do this here" or "don't talk like this here" and instead of taking the hint politely, you go right on or even redouble your efforts.

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

If somebody is being a dickhead we should be able to call them a dickhead without having to worry about getting wanting points. There’s a few of them on here. Myself included

Oh, but you can, you can ..... just send them a nice little PM "Hey!  You're a dickhead!"  or better yet "Here's my email addy/phone number, let's go!"

Then the two of you can have a nice little brannigan, no one trying to talk football is disturbed by it, and newbies don't get the notion to model their behavior on yours.

Edit: not to be construed as allowing you to harass someone in PM who doesn't want to brannigan with you.   For one thing, it's just as easy to block someone from PMs as it is to ignore them as a poster.

7 hours ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

If somebody is being a dickhead we should be able to call them a dickhead without having to worry about getting wanting points. There’s a few of them on here. Myself included

My ex-son in law was banned from this board a few years ago for coming on here and trolling Bills fans because he was a Cowboys fan and he liked getting under their skin, mine included. The final straw was when he called a moderator a   "c**k sucking *****". I have to say one of the best days in my life is when my daughter divorced him. I'm disabled but I still managed to jump up and down like I won $1,000,000. But I did get 2 wonderful grandsons from him.:lol:   

Edited by The Monk
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Oh, but you can, you can ..... just send them a nice little PM "Hey!  You're a dickhead!"  or better yet "Here's my email addy/phone number, let's go!"

Then the two of you can have a nice little brannigan, no one trying to talk football is disturbed by it, and newbies don't get the notion to model their behavior on yours.

Just do what we Canadians do.....setup a place & time with your enemy for a good ol fashioned snowball fight....than all that stress just goes away eh!

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, The Monk said:

My ex-son in law was banned from this board a few years ago for coming on here and trolling Bills fans because he was a Cowboys fan and he liked getting under their skin, mine included. The final straw was when he called a moderator a   "c**k sucking *****". I have to say one of the best days in my life is when my daughter divorced him. I'm disabled but I still managed to jump up and down like I won $1,000,000. But I did get 2 wonderful grandsons from him.   

How old was your ex-son in law when he was trolling?

14 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Heyyyyyyyy, I want my warning point expunged!! "Richard Head" is the correct term

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Peace Frog said:

The troublesome new guys, not the new guys in general.  Us 'old-timers' had the same type of problematic posters years ago as well and they eventually moved on.  Well, it looks like they get replaced on an annual basis.

Maybe, just maybe the new guys question things. We didn't know we were supposed to bend over and defer.

49 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

But then how will they hide behind the anonymity of the internet while also showing how hard they are to everyone else?!

You speak in gibberish 

11 hours ago, SDS said:

Hey guys and gals... I just wanted  to point out something obvious, but needs to be said anyway.

This is a Buffalo Bills message board and though occasionally conversations get heated, for the most part, most everyone should be transparent to the moderators in day-to-day conversations.

However, if you find yourself reporting posts every single day or if you have your posts reported every single day then that means you are inserting yourself into the life of the moderators on a daily basis. There is absolutely no reason in the world why this should ever happen. 

Interacting conflict free on a message board is a very low bar of social interaction to clear. We have had thousands of people come through here and able to navigate that successfully.

Please do not be a high maintenance poster. Thanks. 

Image result for the internet is serious business