Don’t be a high maintenance poster

SDS

21 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

ROTFL I don't think we have any chest-pumping mods handing out infractions for minutiae.  I'm trying to picture CBF or Nervous Guy in that role......naaaaah.

As we know. It wasn't always as described above. At least one poster quit because of some of us being handed out infranctions

for minutiae. 

27 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I believe BILLIEVERS is "invitation only", is it not? 

TBD these days is create an account, have it auto-checked as not spam, you're in.  So we need to do a certain amount of "after the fact" weeding.

ROTFL I don't think we have any chest-pumping mods handing out infractions for minutiae.  I'm trying to picture CBF or Nervous Guy in that role......naaaaah.

It's all about trying to maintain civil discourse and in TSW, "more or less" focused on football or football-related topics.  There are literally tens of thousands of places to discuss Poly Ticks in general.

The site owner SDS asks you, and you agree. 

...not that I'm aware of.....I'd never be there if it was INVITE ONLY.....I'm told I won't even get invited to my own damn funeral....been there since 2009.......first one year poster ban was handed out in the history of the MB....

42 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

What if I say no?

then you don't become a mod?  it is a volunteer position....

20 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...not that I'm aware of.....I'd never be there if it was INVITE ONLY.....I'm told I won't even get invited to my own damn funeral....been there since 2009.......first one year poster ban was handed out in the history of the MB....

Eh, I joined this spring and that's what I was told.  Maybe it changed or maybe someone was trying to create an "aura of mystery"

Part of the thing is prevailing atmosphere... for a while this board was getting a bit un-civil, people are on the receiving end and dish it back, or people just see it so they figure it's OK and do likewise

5 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

It doesn't work. I tell my gf don't be high maintenance and and it makes things worse

You have to rehearse your argument for 10 hours to make sure it is logically flawless, then you can tell her and it will work out just as you planned

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

then you don't become a mod?  it is a volunteer position....

Eh, I joined this spring and that's what I was told.  Maybe it changed or maybe someone was trying to create an "aura of mystery"

Part of the thing is prevailing atmosphere... for a while this board was getting a bit un-civil, people are on the receiving end and dish it back, or people just see it so they figure it's OK and do likewise

I will certainly invite/recommend you if you're interested. Every MB has its issues. I can remember when there was a stretch on BBMB with some of the PG-13 gang just posting emoticons in a race to increase post count. EVERY thread was littered with pages and pages.

On 5/29/2018 at 12:09 AM, SDS said:

Hey guys and gals... I just wanted  to point out something obvious, but needs to be said anyway.

This is a Buffalo Bills message board and though occasionally conversations get heated, for the most part, most everyone should be transparent to the moderators in day-to-day conversations.

However, if you find yourself reporting posts every single day or if you have your posts reported every single day then that means you are inserting yourself into the life of the moderators on a daily basis. There is absolutely no reason in the world why this should ever happen. 

Interacting conflict free on a message board is a very low bar of social interaction to clear. We have had thousands of people come through here and able to navigate that successfully.

Please do not be a high maintenance poster. Thanks. 

Bravo!!!

Maybe these high-maintenance poster need to discover the word:

The Dictionary of Obscure Sorrows

sonder

n. the realization that each random passerby is living a life as vivid and complex as your own—populated with their own ambitions, friends, routines, worries and inherited craziness—an epic story that continues invisibly around you like an anthill sprawling deep underground, with elaborate passageways to thousands of other lives that you’ll never know existed, in which you might appear only once, as an extra sipping coffee in the background, as a blur of traffic passing on the highway, as a lighted window at dusk.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, row_33 said:

You have to rehearse your argument for 10 hours to make sure it is logically flawless, then you can tell her and it will work out just as you planned

No way. being right backed up with being logically flawless is going to p*** her off

1 hour ago, inaugural balls said:

Ha!

Maybe thinking the same here. If complaints to mods count as posts then I KNOW who it is.

Can you re-post this as a Twitter paste?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 9:09 PM, SDS said:

Hey guys and gals... I just wanted  to point out something obvious, but needs to be said anyway.

This is a Buffalo Bills message board and though occasionally conversations get heated, for the most part, most everyone should be transparent to the moderators in day-to-day conversations.

However, if you find yourself reporting posts every single day or if you have your posts reported every single day then that means you are inserting yourself into the life of the moderators on a daily basis. There is absolutely no reason in the world why this should ever happen. 

Interacting conflict free on a message board is a very low bar of social interaction to clear. We have had thousands of people come through here and able to navigate that successfully.

Please do not be a high maintenance poster. Thanks. 

Why have a report button at all?

Get rid of it.

No one's gonna want to use it anymore, anyway.

5 hours ago, #34fan said:

Why have a report button at all?

Get rid of it.

No one's gonna want to use it anymore, anyway.

It's not all or nothing.  Once in a great while there will certainly be a post that should be reported.  Something legitimately offensive or such.  The point of this post is some people are a little overeager.  Just because a few people report far more then they should doesn't mean nothing should ever be reported.

Edited by The Red King

52 minutes ago, The Red King said:

It's not all or nothing.  Once in a great while there will certainly be a post that should be reported.  Something legitimately offensive or such.  The point of this post is some people are a little overeager.  Just because a few people report far more then they should doesn't mean nothing should ever be reported.

I would just like to point out what SDS actually said: " However, if you find yourself reporting posts every single day or if you have your posts reported every single day then that means you are inserting yourself into the life of the moderators on a daily basis. There is absolutely no reason in the world why this should ever happen.  "

There is nothing in there about "once in a great while" or "never".

Every day.  Multiple times a day.

It would be nice if uncivil or even truly offensive stuff only occurred every "once in a great while" here.  I think that's the desired goal, not the elimination of any reporting, or reducing it to "once in a great while".

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I would just like to point out what SDS actually said: " However, if you find yourself reporting posts every single day or if you have your posts reported every single day then that means you are inserting yourself into the life of the moderators on a daily basis. There is absolutely no reason in the world why this should ever happen.  "

It would be nice if uncivil or even truly offensive stuff only occurred every "once in a great while" here.  I think that's the desired goal, not the elimination of any reporting, or reducing it to "once in a great while".

But I cannot use the button. It would make me a whiny biotch. I read that on the internets, please don’t dispute it.

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

How is one supposed to know if one is being reported every single day?

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

it seems a certain high maintenance poser has gotten a lot of people put in the penalty box.   

maybe the common denominator should be given a hard warning or something.  That just might help. 

Why should 1 guy drive a half dozen or more away? 

That's it.  REPORTED.

2 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

it seems a certain high maintenance poser has gotten a lot of people put in the penalty box.   

maybe the common denominator should be given a hard warning or something.  That just might help. 

Why should 1 guy drive a half dozen or more away? 

Don't they penalize for flopping in hockey now?   Seems to be an approach that makes sense.

3 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Actually, yes.  

A guy “flopped” after a soft hit  and was given a minor resulting in a 4 on 4 last night.  

....if you "flop", can we include YOU as "high maintenance"???.........just askin'.............

5 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m going to start using that report button. I’m mostly going to complain about @Boyst62 and @Augie. I’m sick of Boyst calling people “snowflakes” and Augie trying to sell his condo in Nashville (it’s called Craigslist). 

I wouldn't do that if I were you. You'll ruin any chance of getting another date with Boyst. 

• Haha (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m going to start using that report button. I’m mostly going to complain about @Boyst62 and @Augie. I’m sick of Boyst calling people “snowflakes” and Augie trying to sell his condo in Nashville (it’s called Craigslist). 

But.......we just lowered the price by $7k today! It’s a steal now! You can’t afford NOT to buy it! And.....we close on another in Atlanta tomorrow so I’ll throw in a fridge full of beer for any takers. (I know my audience!) 

Seriously, I’m thinking of going up next week just because I can. I’ll miss that place. Great town, for now at least. (A guy in Atlanta really can’t complain about traffic in Nashville.) 

Edited by Augie

12 minutes ago, Augie said:

But.......we just lowered the price by $7k today! It’s a steal now! You can’t afford NOT to buy it! And.....we close on another in Atlanta tomorrow so I’ll throw in a fridge full of beer for any takers. (I know my audience!) 

Seriously, I’m thinking of going up next week just because I can. I’ll miss that place. Great town, for now at least. (A guy in Atlanta really can’t complain about traffic in Nashville.) 

Reported (that belongs in the Trading Post)

Edited by Kirby Jackson