HBO and ESPN, get off your A**es...The Drought and the $17 for 17 are REAL

Thank you, thank you...yes, I get it.  You guys have a love affair with waxing poetic about the Saux, or the "U", and yes I know I am going back a few months with bringing this up, but this really was a thing.

This really should be a 30 for 30, or something.

What doesn't it have?

The Drought.

The unlikely heroes (Dalton, Boyd).

The new coach and new regime.

Would things be too late for the old veteran (Kyle)?

The "touchdown".

The once nationally mocked and reviled "Bills Mafia" shown to have tremendous heart.

The foundations...what happened with Dalton and Boyd almost unheard of in pro sports as it relates specifically from one team's fans to another city (Houston, as nice as it was, doesn't count.  That was a tragedy that had us all banding together)...show everyone the results of the donations.

...and The Reaction...all over WNY and Bills fandom everywhere.

You mean to tell me you are going to have any problems interviewing Jeff Glor, Wolf Blitzer, Nick Bakay, Poncho Billa, Jim Kelly or anyone else about this?

Be smart HBO and ESPN.  You don't need to be a blood hound to smell this story and realize that many, even outside of Buffalo, would want to see this.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1

If Buffalo wins a superbowl, sure, there is plenty of substance to make a feature out of.

However, the things you are laying out, in the moment they absolutely meant a lot to Buffalo and the fans, but we havent actually won anything yet, so pump the breaks.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillsFan17 said:

If Buffalo wins a superbowl, sure, there is plenty of substance to make a feature out of.

However, the things you are laying out, in the moment they absolutely meant a lot to Buffalo and the fans, but we havent actually won anything yet, so pump the breaks.

I hear you, BF.  However, hear me when I say that not ever great story in the world ends with a ring at the end.

Rocky...didn't win the title in the first movie.

Just now, QCity said:

It's too early to be drinking.

...and its much too early to be a downer.

Just now, Shotgunner said:

What does Wolf Blitzer have to do with the story?

Also, it is a great story, but this is Buffalo. As Billsfan17 alluded to we haven't won anything yet.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/look-jeff-glor-of-cbs-news-and-cnns-wolf-blitzer-cant-contain-their-bills-pride/

3 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Meh. Hardly a superfan. That video was from us beating the Brissett-led Pats when Brady was suspended for cheating and destroying evidence.

But I don't like Blitzer. I will admit his name is awesome though. 

To the original post: I would love to see a "30 for 30 or something" on this moment. I just don't see it happening.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Thank you, thank you...yes, I get it.  You guys have a love affair with waxing poetic about the Saux, or the "U", and yes I know I am going back a few months with bringing this up, but this really was a thing.

What doesn't it have?

The Drought.

The "touchdown".

The once nationally mocked and reviled "Bills Mafia" shown to have tremendous heart.

The foundations...what happened with Dalton and Boyd almost unheard of in pro sports as it relates specifically from one team's fans to another city (Houston, as nice as it was, doesn't count.  That was a tragedy that had us all banding together)...show everyone the results of the donations.

You mean to tell me you are going to have any problems interviewing Jeff Glor, Wolf Blitzer, Nick Bakay, Poncho Billa, Jim Kelly or anyone else about this?

Be smart HBO and ESPN.  You don't need to be a blood hound to smell this story and realize that many, even outside of Buffalo, would want to see this.

Meh. There should be a 30 for 30 for the crazies in the parking lot.

It would probably beat the hell out of that 'alternative history' that CBS(?) had, where the Bills did win the Super Bowl.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
Added punctuation. Punctuation saves lives. "Let's eat Grandma!" vs. "Let's eat, Grandma!"

1 hour ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I hear you, BF.  However, hear me when I say that not ever great story in the world ends with a ring at the end.

This is very true. Not every 30 for 30 documentary has a happy ending.

"The Legend of Jimmy the Greek"

"Small Potatoes: Who Killed the USFL".....Granted, the USFL did win $3.00.

"Year of the Scab"

"Fantastic Lies"

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Making the playoffs once in 17 years has hardly put Buffalo back on the national roadmap of NFL relevance.  This is especially the case because they made it with a guy in the NFL’s most important position that is hardly NFL relevant and is not even on the roster anymore.

While we in Buffalo want to feel good about this whole story, now that the initial emotion has worn off the rest of the country will probably go .... meh.

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

what the hell is this about?

6 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

We made the playoffs.

4 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

And the rest of the world isn't still talking about it five months later.

:lol:

I love the blase attitude from guys who have combined for more than 66,000 posts on a Bills message board, and who in the unlikely event that a documentary was made would probably tattoo the date it airs on your d***s...or maybe you'd do it just because your like tattoos.

3 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I love the blase attitude from guys who have combined for more than 66,000 posts on a Bills message board, and who in the unlikely event that a documentary was made would probably tattoo the date it airs on your d***s...or maybe you'd do it just because your like tattoos.

I guess your stream of consciousness threads like your OP and the bolded above don't carry the take home message that your are trying to deliver.

Or something....

• Like (+1) 1

The "touchdown".The foundations...what happened with Dalton and Boyd almost unheard of in pro sports as it relates specifically from one team's fans to another city (Houston, as nice as it was, doesn't count.  That was a tragedy that had us all banding together)...show everyone the results of the donations.

If the Cincy/Baltimore game had gone down exactly the same way, but in week 12 instead of 17, and all the Bills needed in week 17 was to "win and they're in," then this would be a non-story. All that matters is the overall W-L record, not the order in which the wins occurred. Focusing on the Bengals just perpetuates the idea that the Bills "backed into" the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 1

To be honest, I don't think it's worthy of an entire show. It would make for a good segment piece on Sunday morning pre game shows, but I don't think the magnitude of how it all went down is something the networks would dedicate a whole show to. Not trying to downplay what happened, I just don't think the networks see it the same way. It was a great story at the time, and shouldn't be forgotten. The "ripple effects" of the donations will probably last longer and have more of an impact than a tv show would. I expect that type of thing to happen much more often in sports moving forward (not the circumstances surrounding the Bills playoff birth, but the donations that resulted from it). 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

I guess your stream of consciousness threads like your OP and the bolded above don't carry the take home message that your are trying to deliver.

Or something....

Digging to me...but I actually dig it.

Thank you WEO...it's actually a thoughtful and appreciated response and I get your point.

• Like (+1) 1

I agree with the OP.  The nation really doesn’t understand how special that moment was.  Would they want to watch it?  Not sure, but if they did watch it, their take on what actually happened and how much it meant to a region would change.  I talk to sports fans from all around the country daily at my job.  Not one of them had any idea how truly incredible that moment was.  

For the record, here in 2018 I'm also fairly blase about the 51-3 game and men landing on the moon.

• Haha (+1) 1

I have a superman S tatooed on my dick. SO when I approach women leading up to coitus it kind of looks like this

giphy.gif

but make sure you envision Clark Kent as a penis to get the full idea

maybe I could have the documentary date added just under it

Edited by ddaryl
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

I have a superman S tatooed on my dick. SO when I approach women leading up to coitus it kind of looks like this

giphy.gif

but make sure you envision Clark Kent as a penis to get the full idea

maybe I could have the documentary date added just under it

OK, OK, I regret going down this road.

And officially, let this stand as my apology to the guys...I thought it was funny, but they were valid with their points (as all of you are) with your comments.

(Oh, and dd, just because I regret it does not mean I am not laughing at your post!)

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

Just now, dollars 2 donuts said:

And officially, let this stand as my apology to the guys...I thought it was funny, but they were valid with their points (as all of you are) with your comments.

(Oh, and dd, just because I regret does not mean I am not laughing at your post!)

well you did bring up a dick.. from there all bets are always off

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

(Oh, and dd, just because I regret it does not mean I am not laughing at your post!)

All good, there was a little piling on there!

And yes, I'd happily watch, though I can't see this story being more than the 10 minutes 'short' version of the 30 for 30s. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Is that better that tattooing big d*** on your d***?

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

What doesn't it have?

The Drought.

The "touchdown".

It would make a great 30 for 30 for sure

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

What doesn't it have?

The Drought.

The "touchdown".

The bills made their own video that featured all of this. I think channel 7 aired it, and i think the bills website still has it. How many 30 for 30 things air less then a year after the actual event? What makes 30 for 30 great is when you revisit something from 10+ years ago.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Rumor is that they are working on a new Bills related program, "30 for 30: The Two Dicks".  Its about Jauron and Marrone and evolution of the East Coast Punting game.

Jauronimo i I laughing right now because I am actually thinking about your comment in the other thread last week...the animal reference, about something being cold blooded and another fact...dammit, I can't even  totally remember, just that laughed for awhile.