What was the worst Bills’ trade of all time?

I vote for trading our 1st round pick (9th overall) and our 4th round pick (101st overall) to the Jaguars for Rob Johnson.

The Bills made this trade and gave Johnson a $25M contract based on one good start as a 3 yr career backup.

With the 9th pick, the Jaguars drafted Fred Taylor.

Edited by Sky Diver
  • Like (+1) 3

JP.  No doubt.  Aaron Rodgers could’ve been ours the following year.

1 minute ago, kdiggz said:

All of them after Polian. The only good trade I can think of is Kiko for Shady

Hughes for Sheppard is a dam good one

• Like (+1) 5

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

JP.  No doubt.  Aaron Rodgers could’ve been ours the following year.

Hughes for Sheppard is a dam good one

Yep forgot about that one. Definitely way more bad than good though

6 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

That was pretty bad, but not quite as bad as falling into total panic after all the good QBs were gone and giving the Cowboys a 1st, 2nd and 5th for JP Losman.

Matt Schaub went in the 3rd that draft year.

Trading up for TJ GRAHAM was painful too.  Was convinced we were taking Russell Wilson.  I was tapping my buddy on the shoulder for a minute saying “we traded up for Wilson!!  We traded up for Wilson!!!!” Then did 3-6 Ric Flair “WOOOOOOO’s”......:then screamed TJ FING GRAHAM?!?!?!??!!  WTF!!!!!!!!!

so typical 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Sky Diver said:

Matt Schaub went in the 3rd that draft year.

Oh yeah, forgot that.  People love to bash him but I always thought Schaub was a decent QB.  Better than anyone who's played for the Bills in many years.

14 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Trading up for TJ GRAHAM was painful too.  Was convinced we were taking Russell Wilson.  I was tapping my buddy on the shoulder for a minute saying “we traded up for Wilson!!  We traded up for Wilson!!!!” Then did 3-6 Ric Flair “WOOOOOOO’s”......:then screamed TJ FING GRAHAM?!?!?!??!!  WTF!!!!!!!!!

so typical 

Zay Jones too.

1 hour ago, ecgetty said:

Bob Chandler for Phil Vilapiano

lol that was the first time I felt the "Billsy" thing.  Bob Chandler was my favorite Bills player  when I was a kid. I was like, "Nooooooooooooooo!!"

• Like (+1) 1

the list is nearly endless...........but rob johnson trade,,,darryl lamonica trade,jp losman.............EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ move up...

startling bad decisons for a startlingly poor franchise.

Lou,Knox,Polian......the rest were garbage

33 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Actually we traded down for EJ and took Woods with the pick we got in the trade down.

Thank you for remembering.

Using the fallacy of those saying Bills spent 3 first rounders for Sam Watkins as my motivation. People keep wanting to say Bills wasted a first round pick on EJ when in reality he was less than a 1st round pick because they traded back and received more picks for doing that resulting in Eric Wood. :P

7 minutes ago, Estelle Getty said:

Getting absolutely nothing for future hall of famer Lynch.  And I believe we somehow inexplicably turned down a higher draft pick from the saints for good measure.  They must have woken Buddy after midnight.  

And the Pack was mad they did not get wind of this also.

Edited by cba fan

4 hours ago, Estelle Getty said:

Getting absolutely nothing for future hall of famer Lynch.  And I believe we somehow inexplicably turned down a higher draft pick from the saints for good measure.  They must have woken Buddy after midnight.  

Buddy was so obsolete as GM they should have had a display for him at the Smithsonian in the dinosaur section for him.   

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, The Monk said:

Buddy was so obsolete as GM they should have had a display for him at the Smithsonian in the dinosaur section for him.   

'Cornpone' Nix is how I'll always remember him.  His pressers finish second to Coach Stephenson's "the team showed a lot of character today" gems.

4 hours ago, cba fan said:

...People keep wanting to say Bills wasted a first round pick on EJ when in reality he was less than a 1st round pick because they traded back and received more picks for doing that resulting in Eric Wood. :P

except for that Eric Wood was already on our team for 4 years

Edited by DrDare

Trading a first for Rob John or those picks for Sammy Watkins probably was the worst deal. But for me, the most frustrating deal was the trade of Marshawn Lynch.  He has established himself as a pretty decent RB in Buffalo, but because Buddy Nix was such a bad GM he traded him a 4th and 6th round pick.  I remember at the time thinking at the time it was a bad deal for us, and in hindsight it was a horrible deal.  Terrible GM. Thanks Buddy

Just now, BuffaloRush said:

Trading a first for Rob John or those picks for Sammy Watkins probably was the worst deal. But for me, the most frustrating deal was the trade of Marshawn Lynch.  He has established himself as a pretty decent RB in Buffalo, but because Buddy Nix was such a bad GM he traded him a 4th and 6th round pick.  I remember at the time thinking at the time it was a bad deal for us, and in hindsight it was a horrible deal.  Terrible GM. Thanks Buddy

I recall that Lynch was overweight and sluggish and really didn’t want to be here.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, The 9 Isles said:

Trading away Marshon Lynch

trading away Jason Peters

Trading up For TJ Graham (instead of Russell Wilson)

Trading up for JP Losman

I have to agree with Lynch and the whole idea of "upgrading" Lynch with Spiller and spending a high first round pick to do it.  When he was here I thought Lynch was a complete near generational back.  All of the yards he was getting here were completely on his own.  His negative yardage plays were minimal and he also had soft hands.  Few RBs ran harder in the history of the league.  He could elude tacklers and also run over people.  He proved himself to be a hall of fame player after he departed.  

You could also throw in trading Jason Peters for a low first into the mix.   He also went on to have a hall of fame career after his departure.