Breer's New Mock

3 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

9. BILLS (VIA 49ERS): JOSH ROSEN, QB, UCLA
Brandon Beane is looking at all options to deal up. This one won’t require giving up both his 1s .

22. BILLS: JAMES DANIELS, G/C, IOWA
The payoff for being patient in trading up is a guy who could be a 10-year cornerstone at one of two positions of need.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Breer is very well-connected, his mocks are pretty good:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/04/17/nfl-mock-draft-josh-allen-browns-saquon-barkley-giants-sam-darnold-jets

Personally I don't see the Bills passing on Rashaan Evans at 22 in order to take a C/G, especially since this draft is deep wrt interior linemen.

Agreed re: Breer.

As to Evans and depth of the class, remember that they took Tre White at 27 last year despite the 2017 class being historically deep at corner, so you never know.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/04/17/nfl-mock-draft-josh-allen-browns-saquon-barkley-giants-sam-darnold-jets

Personally I don't see the Bills passing on Rashaan Evans at 22 in order to take a C/G, especially since this draft is deep wrt interior linemen.

I got to tell you, CT, I maybe have had my fill of Bama guys for awhile.

1 minute ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I got to tell you, CT, I maybe have had my fill of Bama guys for awhile.

If NYC Bill reads your post you are in trouble. If you get a letter in the mail and a wire is sticking out don't open it. :D

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

As to Evans and depth of the class, remember that they took Tre White at 27 last year despite the 2017 class being historically deep at corner, so you never know.

McD knows DBs.    I could see him thinking he could turn a mid-round CB or S prospect into an immediate contributor and use the early picks to snag desperately-needed OL help...

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

If as many are predicting the Bills see that Rosen is sliding I don't think they will risk losing him. I think they'll start with Denver and move down and see which team is willing to deal with them. Right now I'm leaning toward the Colts with the Bills giving up both their of their first round picks to guarantee that they can get him without worrying about someone else surprisingly jumping up. We can get our qb of the future and still have a full draft.

If that scenario should play out Thurmanator will from that point on live a tormented life. :D

Just now, JohnC said:

If as many are predicting the Bills see that Rosen is sliding I don't think they will risk losing him. I think they'll start with Denver and move down and see which team is willing to deal with them. Right now I'm leaning toward the Colts with the Bills giving up both their of their first round picks to guarantee that they can get him without worrying about someone else surprisingly jumping up. We can get our qb of the future and still have a full draft.

If that scenario should play out Thurmanator will from that point on live a tormented life. :D

They should be aggressive in making that move to get him if it plays out the right way. I'd be thrilled. 

6 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Imagine the entertainment value of this. 

On the one hand, I'd really rather see the Bills take a Mike Linebacker at 22 than a center. We get our quarterback for the offense, we need our quarterback for the defense. We could still potentially get Ragnow or Price in the 2nd round.

On the other hand, if they get Josh Rosen, I really couldn't fault them at all for pairing him with a blue chip center prospect. Arguably THE top priority once you get a franchise QB is to keep him upright and healthy and to ensure you don't retard his development with shoddy o-line play....even if it means your defense stinks for a year.

Either way, landing Rosen would make the draft a success almost regardless of who else gets picked.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

One of my favorite movies.

I do love The Professional, Ktulu.  However, and I know this may sound funny and I hope this makes sense...I wish (and it could have easily been with some different choices) it could have been a 10-15% better movie.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

1 minute ago, Logic said:

On the one hand, I'd really rather see the Bills take a Mike Linebacker at 22 than a center. We get our quarterback for the offense, we need our quarterback for the defense. We could still potentially get Ragnow or Price in the 2nd round.

On the other hand, if they get Josh Rosen, I really couldn't fault them at all for pairing him with a blue chip center prospect. Arguably THE top priority once you get a franchise QB is to keep him upright and healthy and to ensure you don't retard his development with shoddy o-line play....even if it means your defense stinks for a year.

Either way, landing Rosen would make the draft a success almost regardless of who else gets picked.

Especially if said QB is slight and injury-prone...

7 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

They should be aggressive in making that move to get him if it plays out the right way. I'd be thrilled. 

Beane just has to have the ear of the every team picking before the fins.  Each GM has to know that we can beat any offer out there and they must know that trading with another team rather than the Bills will yield a lesser return.  As long as that happens and we have a chance to match every offer, we will get one of the top four, preferably not Allen.  Who will it be and what will we give up.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

If Bills grab a QB early, particularly if it's Rosen, focusing on high end talent around him should take precedence.  I wouldn't doubt we see a couple o linemen, a WR and TE.

33 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

One of my favorite movies.

Oldman is so awesome. My favorite is still him as Drexel in True Romance

31 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I do love The Professional, Ktulu.  However, and I know this may sound funny and I hope this makes sense...I wish (and it could have easily been with some different choices) it could have been a 10-15% better movie.

Yes! Im with you. There are a few things in there that are like meh, an okkkaaaayyyy...but Oldman steals the show

• Like (+1) 1

If Vander Esch is there at 22 he will be the pick...

Yes Center is a need but we signed Bodine in the offseason plus Groy can play C/G. I look for possibly 2x OL in the 2nd.

But ILB is a huge need. 

ILB, WR I would say may be bigger needs than OG/C.

• Like (+1) 2

If Rosen falls to 9 the cost to trade up to get him is still going to be a lot. You'll have teams like the LA Chargers and New England potentially willing to deal out first round picks to move up to 9 at that point. Or Arizona. I realize it's only three spots for us, but the bidding war could get expensive still. 49ers will be rewarded well for being the one team inside the top 10 that is looking for quantity over quality.

You have to figure that once we get to pick #6 with a QB on the board we still want, we are calling each team holding it until either they take the QB we want or they trade it to us.  No way will we sit tight and hope they reach 12 with the entire league knowing they have to jump us if they want a QB.

19 hours ago, prissythecat said:

Imagine the entertainment value of this. 

OTOH, he may actually choose to go rouge (sic) and disappear ........

For those wondering, the word is rogue - a (n) homage to Thurm - :lol:

I appreciate the info guys like Breer collect and pass on, but when it comes to predicting where QB’s are gonna get drafted these guys are throwing darts or purposely being misled.  Guys like Mayock and even McShay/Kiper are actually good at grading and predicting what range non-QB prospects are gonna get drafted.  Predicting where QB’s go is about a lot more than production and measurables.  Wouldn’t shock me if Rosen or Mayfield go 1. They have no idea how any of the teams have the QB’s ranked.  

16 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I love that these mocks get our hopes up and also pacify us...and I hate them because there is arguably so little chance of them coming true.

fandom is a fools occupation and I unfortunately got in at a young age.

how true, we are seemingly born into it ....

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

If Vander Esch is there at 22 he will be the pick...

Yes Center is a need but we signed Bodine in the offseason plus Groy can play C/G. I look for possibly 2x OL in the 2nd.

But ILB is a huge need. 

ILB, WR I would say may be bigger needs than OG/C.

LVE is a beast and if we have pick 22 and have a qb already we better take him because if we don't NE will and h ewill torment us for years. Love this guy

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Maybe taking a potentially fragile Rosen they know they need to be sure he never gets touched? I like Rosen and the attitude stuff doesn’t bother me....but the concussions DO concern me.