Why are you a bills fan?

Some of us are born rich

some of us are born ugly

some of us are born lucky

some of us are born Bills Fans

old family tradition, that as long as you’re from a place where you’re trapped inside for 7 months out of the year. (Smh) isn’t changing anytime soon. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Because I live under power lines and eat paint chips.

Did you have a favorite color paint chip? I preferred the bright yellows in paint, but loved the burnt sienna in the crayons 64 pack! We had a bad dog back then who would eat my crayons and poop a perfect rainbow. Quite amazing, really! 

6 hours ago, The_Dude said:

Because I’m unfortunate enough to have been born with a strong sense of loyalty and also in western New York. Why couldn’t I have been born in Pittsburgh?!!!! Damn you God!

pretty much the same here. I was addicted to War Memorial Stadium and the vibrant Bills in the ‘60’s. Great group of guys and you’d see them all over town! As for WNY, the winters are horribly long and I left a long time ago with no regrets. Can’t/won’t shake the Bills & Sabres from my being. Still miss the Braves.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I have always rooted for the local teams.  Nothing irritates me more than a front runner.  I have a sister-in-law that is a Packers fan for some unknown reason (other than they have had the best quarterbacking in the league the last 20+ years).  She likes to remind me that the Packers have been better than the Bills.  I told her that there is nothing stopping me from saying I'm a Patriots fan and ripping on her like an a-hole..

Started kind of liking the Bills because I had some stickers when I was 5 or so.  Meeting Jerry Butler and wanting to be like him was big.  I wasn't a big football fan though, then Jim Kelly came to town and the world

changed for me.

Long story short, when I was a kid, my older brother was a big Dolphins/Marino fan. I started cheering for the Bills because he hated the Bills more than anything, just to be that aggravating little brother.

It just stuck with me ever since.

Edited by CajunBillsBacker

I was dragged into War Memorial Stadium in 1967 by my father....

Said " YOU WILL BE A BILLS FAN" man was he angry

With death approaching, I agreed

Edited by HOUSE
  • Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

pretty much the same here. I was addicted to War Memorial Stadium and the vibrant Bills in the ‘60’s. Great group of guys and you’d see them all over town! As for WNY, the winters are horribly long and I left a long time ago with no regrets. Can’t/won’t shake the Bills & Sabres from my being. Still miss the Braves.

I remember going to a rare Braves Sunday afternoon game,the Sabres ,I'm sure you recall,often played on Sunday night's at 7.I asked my pop "how can they change over to a ice rink so fast?". He was cool as ****..he talked to a security fella..and we got the chance to see the change over...court and seats removal..the glass going up...the old blue scoreboard was lowered and we watched the name changes.I even got to touch that old zamboni. The ice was under sheets of plywood that layer under the court...I'll never forget that day....good 'ole dad?

3 hours ago, nickrage said:

Bc my dad is from buffalo. 

Awesome..do the two of you go to games together?

• Like (+1) 1

I remember growing up a Rams fan in Rochester.  I liked their underdog vibe in the 1980 super bowl.  My buddy was a die hard Bills fan and constantly kept after me about going to a game at the Rich.  We went to a preseason game against the Vikings right after the strike.  It was the most fun I've ever had at a sports event up to that time and I was hooked when I saw Bruce play.  He's been my favorite player ever.

Edited by thunderingsquid

Where I grew up you were told to be a Jets, Giants or Patriot fan for football & Mets or Yankees for Baseball. Being the ever obedient one I chose the Bills & Yankees. I had to break away somewhere, & my Dad was a fan whom I barely saw so it was our connection.