Khalil Mack

he wants a new deal. Not sure how it will fly with Gruden who has come off very old school.

With the cap space we have next year should the Bills go after him with an aggressive, market defining offer next March if he hits the market?

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 8

I don't see the Raiders just letting him go.  They're going to start next year with about $75m in available cap space, so i would presume that a deal gets done and he signs a new contract with them.  Worst case scenario, they tag him.  Talent like Mack is going nowhere.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I doubt the Raiders end up letting him go.  But if they do, and depending on how we address the LB position in the draft, I'd be all for going after him.

I don’t. Gruden is making moves that are puzzling and he’s very ego driven. And he apparently said he didn’t lke the pick back when the Raiders drafted him. 

• Like (+1) 1

I don't care how Old school Gruden is, you don't let an edge rusher as good as Mack go.  Those guys outside of QB's are arguably some of the most valuable players in the league and to the best of my knowledge he isn't any sort of a troublemaker or team "cancer".

I think this is just a simple case that he wants to get paid and he and his agent are prepared to play hardball.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

I wonder how well he fits the scheme.  Obviously he's a difference maker, but a poor scheme fit carries its own set of headaches.

Mack is the type of player than transcends scheme. 

He'll get a contract in Oakland. He's got "Vegas Star" written all over him. :D

4 minutes ago, H2o said:

It would be a huge play for the Bills, but I fully expect him to be franchise tagged if something doesn't get worked out. 

You would think, but Gruden is weird. I could see him saying hell, I’ll just replace him with some 35 year old guy who is just as good (or was 10 years ago) for way cheaper 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, TheElectricCompany said:

Mack is the type of player than transcends scheme. 

He'll get a contract in Oakland. He's got "Vegas Star" written all over him. :D

I had not followed his career at Oakland very closely, except to know he is a terror as a pass rusher.  I see he is listed as a DE.  That suggests he's a good fit, probably as a Jerry Hughes replacement.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

KHALIL MACK GOING TO DINNER WITH LAMAR JACKSON AND WILL HERNANDEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

link please, or is this another of your ill-fated attempts at humor ? N.B., the all caps and inane exclamation points really got my attention......not

30 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

You would think, but Gruden is weird. I could see him saying hell, I’ll just replace him with some 35 year old guy who is just as good (or was 10 years ago) for way cheaper 

Gruden is a strange bird, but I think McKenzie has enough brains to override the situation. I think a deal gets done before week 1 tbh. The market $ is only going to go up. 

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

he wants a new deal. Not sure how it will fly with Gruden who has come off very old school.

With the cap space we have next year should the Bills go after him with an aggressive, market defining offer next March if he hits the market?

...ol' Chuckie probably doesn't want to pay anybody more than he is raking in...SMH..........

6 minutes ago, 1st&ten said:

Would love to make a deal for Mack; when Whaley moved up in the draft I thought he was the target.

So did I.  I was ecstatic.  I thought Mack deserved to go #1 overall in the draft.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Luxy312 said:

I don't see the Raiders just letting him go.  They're going to start next year with about $75m in available cap space, so i would presume that a deal gets done and he signs a new contract with them.  Worst case scenario, they tag him.  Talent like Mack is going nowhere.

They are going to have trouble tagging him for they are short salary cap space.  That was part of reason for cutting punter.

44 minutes ago, BuffaninATL said:

link please, or is this another of your ill-fated attempts at humor ? N.B., the all caps and inane exclamation points really got my attention......not

It gets less attention when you put user on ignore and then others do not see when you do not quote.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Gruden may very well be old school...

But when it comes to Khalil the only old school he should do is..."Mack you're my boy!!!" 

The Raiders better back up the Brinks truck...B-)

2 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

We should definitely bring Khalil back to Buffalo, if for no other reason than to get to play this nonstop...

One of the best songs ever in the late 90's 

He's got that same voice as Cameo WORD UP!  He's sporting a nice jock!

Edited by KW95

Just now, Freddie's Dead said:

Khalil Mack should have been the pick at 4.  Back up the Brinks truck, McBeane will correct yet another huge error by the Whaley administration.  GIT'R'DUN!!!!!!

That would be funny and some subtle shade

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 1st&ten said:

Would love to make a deal for Mack; when Whaley moved up in the draft I thought he was the target.

Me too.

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

That would be funny and some subtle shade

Nothin' subtle about it.  When Whaley traded two 1's, I thought it had to be Mack.  But then we had another WTF Bills Draft moment.

Can we get a little bit more delusional? getting not only the best player in a roster, but also maybe one who is the highest ranked (my own rank, anyway) in  our conference, in regards  to the impact he has on his side of the ball / field?? how? just because a coach change and / or because he wants to get paid?? Something doesn't make sense in this thread...it might just be the long / slow offseason we all have had as fans...:wallbash:

47 minutes ago, BuffaLoko said:

Can we get a little bit more delusional? getting not only the best player in a roster, but also maybe one who is the highest ranked (my own rank, anyway) in  our conference, in regards  to the impact he has on his side of the ball / field?? how? just because a coach change and / or because he wants to get paid?? Something doesn't make sense in this thread...it might just be the long / slow offseason we all have had as fans...:wallbash:

Don't rain on our parade dude.  If the Raiduhs are too stupid to sign Mack, the Bills have a monster opportunity to right the wrongs of the past.  Bring him home (to steal from Les Miserables).  Delusional?  Perhaps, but this has been a wild off-season, and McBeane wheels and deals.  Hope springs eternal, and who cares if Casey strikes out if he goes down swinging?  Did I get enough references in?

Edited by Freddie's Dead
  • Like (+1) 1