Brandin Cooks to the Rams for the 23rd - Pats eyeing Rosen - per Allbright

34 minutes ago, Manther said:

Depends who is refereeing the game?  But, yes, we should be able pick a QB before NE unless something weird goes down.

EDIT: strange wild thoughts.  The trade up game changes if Tom Brady is involved.

A couple options --> NE trades up to #2 with Giants including swapping Brady and Eli?

--> Brady to Denver in a trade up to #5?

This offseason is more and more like Madden everyday

After trading Garoppolo they now deal Brady in the following offseason.  That is wild. :lol:

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Whatever.  I view this as win-win.  If the Pats have gotten fidgety because of the Bills’ and Jets’ moves and want to trade a boatload of draft capital for a player who won’t play for 2-4 years, all the while poking Brady in both eyes and creating an off-season media feeding frenzy around a “QB Competiton in Foxboro,” freakin’ let them have at it.  I will get my popcorn and watch those asshats get what they deserve.

More likely: they’ll draft Hurst or an edge rusher.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Nihilarian said:

This is what first came into my mind too. Both the Steelers and Patriots have been frothing all over this kid. As others have noted I kinda doubt they have the ammo to move into the top 5 considering they are always choosing near last.

Then again they could be going for another WR like Calvin Ridley, DJ Moore. 

Don't discount what this team can do...

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Let them. Brady has one more year and Beckham is a diva with real injury concerns.

Beckham is a great player.  He is a diva, but him with Brady's precision would be off the chain.  Beckham turns short passes into long gains.

Edited by purple haze

15 minutes ago, turftoe said:

I will not be happy if the Pats pick ahead of us. If they get to #7 or #4, they could move to #2.

People are delirious.  Why would Cleveland do business with the Pats* after Bellicheat stiffed them on Garopolo?  It was reported somewhere that the Browns offered more but the Pats* went the 49er route for him.  As far as 2 goes,  the Giants and the new brass dislike the Pats as well.  I don't see anything but NE replenishing  their LB,  OL, etc and with younger talent.

Edited by aceman_16
OMG mah speelling

Just now, aceman_16 said:

People are delirious.  Why would Cleveland do business with the Pats* after Bellicheat stiffed them on Garopolo?  It was reported somewhere that the Browns offered more but the Pats* went the 49er route for him.  As far as 2 goes,  the Giants and the new brass dislike the Pats as well.  I don't see anything but NE replenoshong their LB,  OL, etc and with younger talent.

You do know they have made like 2 trades with the Pats already this off season right?

4 minutes ago, aceman_16 said:

Not for a premium draft pick they havent...  In case you missed that point.

That’s NOT what you said you said why would they do business with BB after he stuffed them on Jimmy G. I just told you they did do business. So your point was wrong THERE. I agree they have no interest in moving up take a QB but maybe a stud pass rusher. I think BB WANTS the Bills get #2 then our firsts be enough get the best pass rusher in the draft. Making the cooks trade basically Cooks for a stud Pass rusher.. which be a no brainer.

Edited by PatsFanNH

Just now, PatsFanNH said:

That’s NOT what you said you said why would they do business with BB after he stuffed them on Jimmy G. I just told you they did do business. So your point was wrong THERE. I agree they have no interest in moving up take a QB but maybe a stud pass rusher. I think BB WANTS the Bills get #2 then our firsts be enough get the best pass rusher in the draft.

We want #2 as well, but seems unlikely at this point. 

1 minute ago, slaphappy said:

Maybe they didn't think Cooks was worth the money and just turned it into the best pick they could? And all this speculative panic is just people running around in a panic over nothing?

I think BB wants to get one of the few decent OT's the draft.

17 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Solder was way overpaid! But good for him!!  Amandola will be more missed than Cooks, but the Pats still have a good WR core with Edelman, Hogan, Mitchell, and Britt. So at most they need a better #4. CB They are set but may need another good one (people forget Butler was UDFA)  they need a stud pass Rusher the most... as I said before I could see them packaging their two first for seven If Chubb falls that far. That makes more sense to me than a QB to me.

Not quite Bills level bad but..

giphy.gif

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Certainly possible. I think again the Pats offense makes some sense for Rudolph.  If they take a Quarterback in the 1st it tells me that Brady is playing his final year.   

But Rudolph sucks...unless the Pats want him. 

35 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

How does that help the Patriots during the final run of Brady's career?

Brady is retiring  supposedly. 

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

But Rudolph sucks...unless the Pats want him. 

Exactly. The world will literally end if the Bills were to draft Rudolph or Lauletta. Fire everyone. They failed. But if the pats take one, just start the fitting for the gold jacket. I keep bringing up why this is, and no one gives a good answer. I’m not saying I want these guys over one of the top 4, given the choice, but the double standard is obvious. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

That’s NOT what you said you said why would they do business with BB after he stuffed them on Jimmy G. I just told you they did do business. So your point was wrong THERE. I agree they have no interest in moving up take a QB but maybe a stud pass rusher. I think BB WANTS the Bills get #2 then our firsts be enough get the best pass rusher in the draft. Making the cooks trade basically Cooks for a stud Pass rusher.. which be a no brainer.

I forgot about Danny Shelton.  However,  my original point that was a response to how the Pats* will draft up and grab a premium pick.  Context does matter.  I will say I again...  I can't see anyone in the top 4 even allowing the Pats* to get a sniff at their pick.  Finally,  Pats* aquiring picks doesn't really concern me...  Ole' Billy boy is a masterful coach but a lousy drafter.

PS here is the post I was referring to:

I will not be happy if the Pats pick ahead of us. If they get to #7 or #4, they could move to #2.

So yeah..  It WAS what I was referring to

Edited by aceman_16

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Exactly. The world will literally end if the Bills were to draft Rudolph or Lauletta. Fire everyone. They failed. But if the pats take one, just start the fitting for the gold jacket. I keep bringing up why this is, and no one gives a good answer. I’m not saying I want these guys over one of the top 4, given the choice, but the double standard is obvious. 

Because genius. 

25 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

After trading Garoppolo the now deal Brady in the following offseason.  That is wild. :lol:

Ya, but, all teams fall apart with some internal struggles.  Maybe BB has finally list it and turned into a mad scientist or crazy person.

One can wish 

2 hours ago, Commonsense said:

In other news Les Snead is going to get flamed so hard for jumping at every trade offer and wasting future assets that the Rams will need when paydays come.

The Rams need to sell PSL's and season tickets for their new fancy stadium.  They need to WIN NOW to generate maximum interest.  They do not care about the hole they dig 3 years from now.

2 hours ago, Doc said:

Wait, I thought Sammy drew double coverage every play?

Full disclosure.  I am a Chiefs fan....and I am not completely sure that signing Sammy Watkins for 16 mil per was a good use of funds...but having looked over the film from last season in LA......frankly, McVay did a GREAT job of scheming folks open to help out Goff.  The more I watch the film. the worse Goff looked.  He either can't or hasn't developed enough (probalby can't) throw a good NFL deep pass.  If they use Cooks the same way the tried to use Watson, I don't think Cooks is going to look very good there.  Shorter routes are what Goff did well last year executing the offense.  

28 minutes ago, aceman_16 said:

They are NOT grabbing a QB this year.  People forget they dumped a "sure thing" in Garapolo for a 2nd. IF they wanted to retool they would have kept him and still made the trades to surround him with future talent.

......They didn't "Dump" Garrapolo.  His contract was about to expire.  The patriots were not going to franchise tag him.  Their options were to let him go and get a 3rd round compensatory pick. trade him for something better than that, or try and sign him long term...wich he was surely not going to do there as he understood his market.  I would agree the Pats could have gotten more than a 2 for him, but they weren't going to keep him unless Brady retired.

13 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Not quite Bills level bad but..

giphy.gif

Difference is QB, Brady made big eyes Caldwell look like a good WR.  Edelman is good, as is Mitchell, Hogan is a very good 2 and with Gronk a third or fourth option after the White (or any RB) as well. 

1 minute ago, Zerovotlz said:

They didn't "Dump" Garrapolo. ....... I would agree the Pats could have gotten more than a 2 for him, but they weren't going to keep him unless Brady retired.

Umm yeah...  So the figurative definition of "dumped. " Getting rid of someone before you have to in order to get something out of it that you could have obtained better if the timing was right.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, aceman_16 said:

Umm yeah...  So the figurative definition of "dumped. " Getting rid of someone before you have to in order to get something out of it that you could have obtained better if the timing was right.

...ok.  I see your point here.

9 minutes ago, aceman_16 said:

I forgot about Danny Shelton.  However,  my original point that was a response to how the Pats* will draft up and grab a premium pick.  Context does matter.  I will say I again...  I can't see anyone in the top 4 even allowing the Pats* to get a sniff at their pick.  Finally,  Pats* aquiring picks doesn't really concern me...  Ole' Billy boy is a masterful coach but a lousy drafter.

PS here is the post I was referring to:

So yeah..  It WAS what I was referring to

Ahh ok but if they did moved to 7 IMO it isn’t for QB but for Chubb or a stud on D so it wouldn’t effect the Bills either way.  Because BB knows a great D can win a championship with an average QB and he can coach up any QB to average when Brady finally retires.

51 minutes ago, BillsFan17 said:

Why would the Giants want an oft injured Gronk when they just spent a first rounder on Engram last year?

Why would they not want to keep the best WR in the game happy?

who knows?

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Difference is QB

The Pats* have been a juggernaut because of the GOAT and he makes any receiver look phenomenal. The difference for the Pats* superiority is certainly Brady (and toss in Belichick)

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Difference is QB, Brady made big eyes Caldwell look like a good WR.  Edelman is good, as is Mitchell, Hogan is a very good 2 and with Gronk a third or fourth option after the White (or any RB) as well. 

Well, this is an interesting point. You say they're good, but the difference is the QB. So, lets say the same exact WR corps was with Tyrod or Brissett, would they still be good? 

3 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Ahh ok but if they did moved to 7 IMO it isn’t for QB but for Chubb or a stud on D so it wouldn’t effect the Bills either way.  Because BB knows a great D can win a championship with an average QB and he can coach up any QB to average when Brady finally retires.

This is exactly what I think will happen OR a stud LB

8 minutes ago, Captain Murica said:

Well, this is an interesting point. You say they're good, but the difference is the QB. So, lets say the same exact WR corps was with Tyrod or Brissett, would they still be good? 

Edelman yes, Mitchell it’s onky be year 2 so I don’t know, Hogan sucked with Taylor and Brisett  since he throws a nice deep ball so he be average with him. Of course Gronk be Gronk still, as for the RB again I don’t know and the Pats did go 1-1 with Brisett and god knows if it could have been 2-0 if he had been healthy for the Bills game. 

Edited by PatsFanNH

Just now, PatsFanNH said:

Edelman yes, Mitchell it’s onky be year 2 so I don’t know, Hogan sucked with Taylor and Brisett  since he throws a nice deep ball so he be average with him. Of course Gronk be Gronk still, as for the RB again I don’t know.

Okay, I will admit my main focus was Hogan when asking this. His numbers weren't all that different when he was acquired by you guys. 

I mean his yards/YPR did go up in 2016, but his Touchdowns, Receptions, and Targets basically remained the same even with the GOAT throwing him the ball. His numbers scream solid 3/4 option at WR. Not a number 2. 

I like Hogan besides him being a Pat. 

Games Receiving Rushing        
Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS Tgt Rec Yds Y/R TD Lng R/G Y/G Ctch% Rush Yds TD Lng Y/A Y/G A/G YScm RRTD Fmb AV
Career       72 27 254 159 2078 13.1 15 79 2.2 28.9   7 30 0 13 4.3 0.4 0.1 2108 15 3 20
4 yrs BUF     48 6 137 87 959 11.0 6 46 1.8 20.0   1 4 0 4 4.0 0.1 0.0 963 6 2 8
2 yrs NWE     24 21 117 72 1119 15.5 9 79 3.0 46.6   6 26 0 13 4.3 1.1 0.3 1145 9 1 12
2012 24 BUF   81       0 0   0 0     0.0%               0 0 0 0
2013 25 BUF   15 16 0 17 10 83 8.3 0 16 0.6 5.2 58.8%               83 0 0 1
2014 26 BUF wr 15 16 2 61 41 426 10.4 4 31 2.6 26.6 67.2%               426 4 2 3
2015 27 BUF wr 15 16 4 59 36 450 12.5 2 46 2.3 28.1 61.0% 1 4 0 4 4.0 0.3 0.1 454 2 0 4
2016 28 NWE WR 15 15 14 58 38 680 17.9 4 79 2.5 45.3 65.5% 3 9 0 6 3.0 0.6 0.2 689 4 1 7
2017 29 NWE wr 15 9 7 59 34 439 12.9 5 47 3.8 48.8 57.6% 3 17 0 13 5.7 1.9 0.3 456 5 0 5

There is NO WAY the Pats are trading what it would take to get into the top 5-7.  2 1sts this year, a 1st next year plus how much more to draft a QB behind Brady when they could use those picks on more talent for the roster and make another run at a Superbowl?  No chance.

IF the Pats want a QB, the only way this has even the slightest chance of impacting the Bills is if the Bills were hoping to get their QB at #22.

I agree that BB wants him some Rudolph.  If we don't move up, or it we don't get Mayfield at 12, then he'll jump in front of us to get him some Rudolph.  BB doesn't want Mayfield, he wants him some Rudolph.  IF we get our QB, BB will get him some Rudolph.  He will be smirking in private.