S.I. : Bill's All In On Trading Up Into Top 5

21 minutes ago, Klaista2k said:

I'm happy we got in but If Andy Dalton didn't connect on 4th and 12 the drought would still be active. 

We gotta be realistic this team needs a lot of work. 

So if the Bengals/Ravens game had been week 1 and a Ravens victory had been in week 17, does that mean we would have got in solely on our win against the Dolphins?

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, bigK14094 said:

I am not a fan of this stragedy.  The Bills have way to may holes to fill.  Lots of sub par journeymen being signed, so, the trade up play is set.  Unless McCarron is a genius we are going to have a bad year or three.  Not enough lb's,wrs, defensive line guys etc etc. This is watkins version 2.0.  And, odds are it will come out the same way.  I don't have an opinion on the top 5, but, even at best, quoting the stats elsewhere on this board, chances of a franchise qb in the top 5 are 1 in 3.   Not my kind of bet.  Color me disengaged and taking two years off as a fan if they do the trade up.

Brilliant invention!!

Stragedy definition-- a tragic or failed strategy. 

• Like (+1) 2

53 minutes ago, Klaista2k said:

I don't think the Giants are moving down so only way it happens is with the Browns at 1 or 4. 

The Browns were rumored to be trying to switch top spots with the Giants, but no way are they dropping from #1 to #12 even though they still have the #4 pick.  They probably would part with #4 for the right price.

17 minutes ago, bigK14094 said:

I am not a fan of this stragedy.  The Bills have way to may holes to fill.  Lots of sub par journeymen being signed, so, the trade up play is set.  Unless McCarron is a genius we are going to have a bad year or three.  Not enough lb's,wrs, defensive line guys etc etc. This is watkins version 2.0.  And, odds are it will come out the same way.  I don't have an opinion on the top 5, but, even at best, quoting the stats elsewhere on this board, chances of a franchise qb in the top 5 are 1 in 3.   Not my kind of bet.  Color me disengaged and taking two years off as a fan if they do the trade up.

QB >>>>>>>> WR. This is nothing like Sammy.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, bigK14094 said:

k bye

35 minutes ago, Klaista2k said:

I'm happy we got in but If Andy Dalton didn't connect on 4th and 12 the drought would still be active. 

The Bills made the playoffs because of the Dalton play and the roughly 15,000 minutes of football that preceded it (and the minute or so after it when Flacco had the ball).  In the interest of brevity I did not calculate camp time and/or relative time invested in traded, cuts and/or acquisitions. 

Realism is fine, but ignoring the work that got them to the point where Dalton' s pass actually mattered seems silly.

• Like (+1) 2

48 minutes ago, Klaista2k said:

We've made the playoffs one time in almost 20 years.

Sorry if I'm pessimistic but this new regime has to prove themselves. 

Well, THIS regime made the playoffs last year and is batting .1000, so while I’m concerned about getting the right QB, I’m not confusing what happened 15 years ago with today’s FO. That streak is in the past. Relive it daily if you must, but I’m not inflicting that pain upon myself. I’ll judge them on what THEY actually do and the results THEY get. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

The Bills made the playoffs because of the Dalton play and the roughly 15,000 minutes of football that preceded it (and the minute or so after it when Flacco had the ball).  In the interest of brevity I did not calculate camp time and/or relative time invested in traded, cuts and/or acquisitions. 

Realism is fine, but ignoring the work that got them to the point where Dalton' s pass actually mattered seems silly.

Klaista's post is what I would call: "The Mike Schopp World View."  In other words, "if something didn't happen in the way I feel it should have happened, then it was all meaningless in the end."

Edited by Buffalo Bills Detective

1 hour ago, kdiggz said:

They missed their window. It was 2 weeks ago with the Colts. I can't imagine anyone else trades out unless you grossly overpay

Earth to Kdiggz, hellooooo

Hellooo

Jets already grossly overpaid 

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, bigK14094 said:

It's almost tragic .......

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Klaista2k said:

Denver needs a QB too.

We ain't getting into the 5. 

Should've tanked. 

If QBs go 1, 2, 3 then Denver will probably not take the 4th rated QB over Barkley or Chubb. Will Indy trade down again and possibly miss out on the 3rd rated non QB?  If they really like the OL from Notre Dame, they may also make the pick.  Pick number 7 looks like the sweet spot to trade up for the 4th QB.  Their GM has already said he is looking at trade down offers.

6 minutes ago, turftoe said:

If QBs go 1, 2, 3 then Denver will probably not take the 4th rated QB over Barkley or Chubb. Will Indy trade down again and possibly miss out on the 3rd rated non QB?  If they really like the OL from Notre Dame, they may also make the pick.  Pick number 7 looks like the sweet spot to trade up for the 4th QB.  Their GM has already said he is looking at trade down offers.

They won't take the 4th best QB but we will? Why is it good enough for us but not them? Denver is the only team to have the GM and HC at every QB pro day but they aren't taking a QB? I don't get it

1 hour ago, Klaista2k said:

If it's and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry christmas.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BillnutinHouston said:

How do you spell Bills with an apostrophe?  Don't you have to go out of your way to get the apostrophe in there?

one of my pet peeves - blatant misuse of unnecessary apostrophes. Like fingernails on a chalkboard.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Klaista2k said:

I don't think the Giants are moving down so only way it happens is with the Browns at 1 or 4. 

Agreed.  The "source" at OBD may have intentionally planted false "information" to goad another team to make another move based on that information.  This would in turn force a prospect down where the cost would be less if that prospect was sitting there at 6.  Somebody  on here recently indicated that OBD was airtight in terms of information and I would tend to believe that until a leak can be proven to exist.  In any event I will believe it when I see it.

5 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

They won't take the 4th best QB but we will? Why is it good enough for us but not them? Denver is the only team to have the GM and HC at every QB pro day but they aren't taking a QB? I don't get it

They did sign Case Keenum but may pick a QB if the right one falls to them.  They did have Mayfield on their squad at the Senior Bowl so they certainly could go that way if they really like him. My point is that if 3 out of the top 4 QBs are gone and Barkley or Chubb is sitting there, they may make the pick.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Klaista2k said:

It was actually cause TT won 9 games.  Yeah I know he is not an NFL caliber QB.  What team doesnt need work? 

2 hours ago, Jamie Muellers Ghost said:

Per Robert Klemko Sports Illustrated per source in Bill's organization.

Same series of tweets where he mentions Baker Mayfield's 4th meeting and visit with Bill's.

I can see Mayfield being a favorite of McD.  He is competitive and has an underdog mentality.  McD had the same coming from a small school DB.

Some may say Mayfield is overconfident, some say cocky.  But he is a QB when your down two TD's with five minutes to go that you want in your huddle telling the guys "we're gonna do this"

As for the moving up thing, This is a no brainer.  Bills are merely trying to throw smoke screens so that they have to give up the least amount of collateral to move up

But make no mistake, they are moving up.

• Like (+1) 1

I fear that the Browns will want Barkley too badly at 4 and the Broncos want Mayfield at 5. There just might not be a trade to be had at almost any reasonable price. I wouldn't mind taking Lamar Jackson at 12 and using the rest of the picks to fill out the rest of the roster. If you can't get Mayfield or one of the top non-Allen QB's then go for a project QB like Jackson with massive potential and build the rest of the team up around AJ. 

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

The Bills are going to #2. It won't happen until draft night because they want to be 100% sure Cleveland hasn't taken their guy. The price will include our 2019 #1. 

Beane basically told us all this earlier this week. 

Who be dat guy!!! 

I’m pretty sure Darnold is gone first. Who would YOU take at #2? 

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

The Bills are going to #2. It won't happen until draft night because they want to be 100% sure Cleveland hasn't taken their guy. The price will include our 2019 #1. 

Beane basically told us all this earlier this week. 

The limb you are daring to go on is on the verge of snapping. Get off of it right now before you hurt yourself! Is the qb you are speculating about either Rosen or Allen? :)

Edited by JohnC

4 hours ago, kdiggz said:

They missed their window. It was 2 weeks ago with the Colts. I can't imagine anyone else trades out unless you grossly overpay

Holy smokes, can you regurgitate this same argument anymore?  We understand - the Jets hopped up to 3. Maybe the price was too steep from 12? You sound like a jilted lover. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Holy smokes, can you regurgitate this same argument anymore?  We understand - the Jets hopped up to 3. Maybe the price was too steep from 12? You sound like a jilted lover. 

Or, it could be possibly be due to the fact that the Colts DIDN'T WANT TO TRADE OUTSIDE OF THE TOP 10???  Why don't people get this????

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

Or, it could be possibly be due to the fact that the Colts DIDN'T WANT TO TRADE OUTSIDE OF THE TOP 10???  Why don't people get this????

That too. But don’t let anyone know I agreed with you. 

?