S.I. : Bill's All In On Trading Up Into Top 5

18 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Holy smokes, can you regurgitate this same argument anymore?  We understand - the Jets hopped up to 3. Maybe the price was too steep from 12? You sound like a jilted lover. 

You better hope they find a trade partner and get a QB or you will hear me talking about this for many many years. We can't let the Jets get a QB and we don't

3 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

You better hope they find a trade partner and get a QB or you will hear me talking about this for many many years. We can't let the Jets get a QB and we don't

Please stop being so dramatic. Last time I checked, Russ Wilson, Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady and Cousins were drafted outside of the Top 10. Shoot, Jim Kelly was too. Just stop with the crying. We have a GM who is working this draft professionally. It’s refreshing. 

7 hours ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

If Flacco throws for more than 28 yards in London we also wouldn't have made it. If's and But's...

Hypotheticals mean nothing. If Tyrod played the whole game against Los Angeles, what Baltimore or Cincinnati did wouldn't have mattered.

The point is the Bills earned their right to the playoffs via their play. No luck was involved.

A source even closer to the Bills says all this talk of being all in for a trade up is a smokescreen to make all the other QB needy teams to grab all these QBs, dropping quality non-QBs to the Bills, who are trading down and getting Mason Rudolph. Deal with it. 

I’d be pretty fired up to land this kid.  Already have his nickname.  Lil Bakes.  I’m sure he’d hate it, but I don’t think he’ll here me screaming it for 15 rows up

Trading to 5 could be a death sentence for Beane if he does it prior to the draft.  Another team could trade up with the browns and the giants could take a QB too.  Top 4 picks could be QBs.  It’s definitley possible.  Trading up during the draft with the qb still on the board is better than trading up prior to the draft imo.  Sure, another team could do what the jets did, but what’s worse:  not getting the qb you want or not getting the qb you want after trading multiple assets to try and get him?  Tough one.

Edited by NewEra

18 hours ago, kdiggz said:

They missed their window. It was 2 weeks ago with the Colts. I can't imagine anyone else trades out unless you grossly overpay

i think there may have been a deal done for 4 at the tyrod trade, depending on how things fall come draft day.

why would the browns give no.65 for tt and not make buffalo eat the 6 mil.?

they are gonna get that pick back along with the other agreed upon comp. however, if for some reason, their guy goes to the giants or jets,

then the bills at least get something for tt and the browns have their bridge....handshake.

there's a plan in place....and i think that made the jets jump. there was no deal for 1 or 2, but they thought they had to get ahead of the no.4 pick?

i've never heard any mention that they tried to deal with cle. at 4.  why wouldn't they? it wouldn't have cost as much...and the colts were not going qb, so why not go to 4?

these guys got their ducks lined up, i believe.

Edited by billsredneck1

10 hours ago, mileena said:

Hypotheticals mean nothing. If Tyrod played the whole game against Los Angeles, what Baltimore or Cincinnati did wouldn't have mattered.

The point is the Bills earned their right to the playoffs via their play. No luck was involved.

Except there was.

They clearly did not "earn" their right, as they were reliant on a miracle from Cincinnati.

They made the playoffs because another team choked.

Was pretty evident by us crapping the bed against Jax.

1 hour ago, SouthNYfan said:

Except there was.

They clearly did not "earn" their right, as they were reliant on a miracle from Cincinnati.

They made the playoffs because another team choked.

Was pretty evident by us crapping the bed against Jax.

Wrong. They made the playoffs because at the end of the season they were more qualified per the NFL rules. There were plenty of chokes and clutch wins throughout the year that factored into it.