Josh Allen may go 1st overall

There's a lot of buzz going around that the Browns really like Allen and may take him 1st overall.

If this happens the Giants would likely take Sam Darnold 2nd and the Jets would select Josh Rosen 3rd overall.

Wow couldn't get any worse for the Bills. 

2 minutes ago, Klaista2k said:

There's a lot of buzz going around that the Browns really like Allen and may take him 1st overall.

If this happens the Giants would likely take Sam Darnold 2nd and the Jets would select Josh Rosen 3rd overall.

yes Lamar Jackson would be a disaster......oh boy

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BillsEnthusiast said:

Not if the Bills trade up to 2 and take Darnold ourselves.

What makes you think the Giants will even trade down?

If they think a quarterback that they like may be there at 2 no way do they trade down. 

Just now, John from Riverside said:

yes Lamar Jackson would be a disaster......oh boy

Yeah because running quarterbacks always work out so great in the NFL :rolleyes:

13 minutes ago, Klaista2k said:

What makes you think the Giants will even trade down?

If they think a quarterback that they like may be there at 2 no way do they trade down. 

Yeah because running quarterbacks always work out so great in the NFL :rolleyes:

Its a good thing that lamar jackson likes to throw touchdowns as well huh?

Your research on this is so damn lazy

• Like (+1) 1

I could see this happening, as Darnold would have won the job outright in training camp. It will be obvious that Darnold is the better QB. So bringing in Tyrod as a "bridge QB" does not make as much sense unless you want to go with the higher upside guy who is not ready to start or win a NFL QB job...Josh Allen. 

19 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Not if the Bills trade up to 2 and take Darnold ourselves.

Because QB at all costs is the way to go.  Luckily it only applies to 31 teams and the Giants just happen to be the team that does not need to abide.

Gonna keep saying it in every thread that discusses the Browns as I have been for about 2 weeks.... all signs point to this even for the armchair QB. Dorsey was reported months ago to prefer Allen. They trade for a starter in TT. They call TT their starter for the year. Allen needs work and is a project, he sits for the year while TT plays. Drafting Darnold to ride the pine for a year makes no sense in light of any of this. Certainly could fall in love with Darnold and draft him but my money's on Allen.

2 minutes ago, zonabb said:

Gonna keep saying it in every thread that discusses the Browns as I have been for about 2 weeks.... all signs point to this even for the armchair QB. Dorsey was reported months ago to prefer Allen. They trade for a starter in TT. They call TT their starter for the year. Allen needs work and is a project, he sits for the year while TT plays. Drafting Darnold to ride the pine for a year makes no sense in light of any of this. Certainly could fall in love with Darnold and draft him but my money's on Allen.

You could say the same thing about the Giants with Manning, Jets with McCown/Bridgewater, and Broncos with Keenum. 

36 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Its a good thing that lamar jackson likes to throw touchdowns as well huh?

Your research on this is so damn lazy

Like I have stated many times, Lamar is alot better than many want to believe. If he is there for us take him!

58 minutes ago, Klaista2k said:

So may a kicker.  That is what they word "may" means - essentially nothing.

59 minutes ago, Klaista2k said:

Cry me a river.  IMO, missing on Allen and Darnold is no great loss, and I like Mayfield better than any of those three.  Even Jackson would be acceptable at 12 or 22.

Besides, it's not like I have any control of anything.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Klaista2k said:

Might as well become a full-time Eagles fan.

40 minutes ago, SoTier said:

Cry me a river.  IMO, missing on Allen and Darnold is no great loss, and I like Mayfield better than any of those three.  Even Jackson would be acceptable at 12 or 22.

Besides, it's not like I have any control of anything.

So glad to see that someone else is on the same page as me.  I would be ecstatic if we got either Mayfield or Jackson.

1 hour ago, dma0034 said:

HEY EVERYONE WE LIKE ALLEN.... Come and get him Jets!!!!

Why would you mess around with the first overall pick? Moreover, why drop to three and risk either the Giants taking your guy or trading out and someone else takes their guy?

This isn't some sort of elaborate smoke screen.

If they really wanted to drum up business all they have to do is say the first overall pick is up for sale.

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, auburnbillsbacker said:

I believe that the 3 guys you mentioned will indeed be the first 3 picks.  We tried so hard to position ourselves to get one of them but likely failed.

It is certainly possible, I'm hoping something still pans out for #2 as GunnerBill believes it still will, I'm not getting my hopes up though.

Edited by horned dogs