wtf are these players taking

18 minutes ago, Fan boy '92 said:

This post is simply not accurate. The odds of this being anything other than synthetic Mary Jane are very low. 

I would say the odds are high that it was something like synthetic weed, but I would also say that it is possible that it could be other drugs or other drugs mixed together. Drugs impact everyone very differently. 

1 hour ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Very likely synthetic marijuana.  When it goes right, its the same effect as the actual stuff and it doesn't take 1-2 months to clear out of your system and doesn't show on standard tests.  When it goes wrong, this type of stuff happens.

That's why you should just stick with the original and still the best, as mother nature intended.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

True. He was in California, where you can just go to the store and grab edibles. I've given myself an extremely uncomfortable anxiety/panic attack before by ingesting an entire 150g cookie. Not fun at all. Edibles have a high potential for really adverse effects. 

'

I think smoking weed is a much better way to consume it from a safety perspective. Yes edibles don't cause you to inhale smoke in your lungs but they also are super easy to miscalculate and go overboard on. Smoking I feel like hits you much sooner and is a more gradual effect also the fact that smoking takes time to do makes it a natural mechanism to help you know when to stop. To each their own I know some people who have a well-regulated tolerance to edibles out in California but I think that as weed become legal in a majority of states now it is up to us to educate everyone about proper use and the dangers of taking the drugs in various forms. 

1 hour ago, kdiggz said:

yep, they ban the real "natural" stuff which coincidentally isn't harmful to you yet the loop hole exists where they can take the synthetic stuff that is full of chemicals and has terrible side effects.  go figure

The NFL needs to just quietly stop testing for MJ and let the players smoke. 

I'd MUCH rather them be able to use some MJ as opposed to all these crazy ass chemicals cocktails in the synthetic drugs that guys use to not fail a drug test. 

Its a hell of a lot safer than the damn pain pills they pump these guys full of (and mj can actually help curtail the need for pain pills). 

Just like recreational drinking is perfectly acceptable (in moderation), occasional mj use should be too. It's actually MUCH safer than recreational drinking anyway. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, 707BillsFan said:

They're taking what every other person who has a drug problem is taking. Let's not assume it was drugs. Maybe he had a mental break. It happens all the time. I see it all the time in my line of work. People do weird things, as if they were on drugs. The body is a mysterious thing at times. 

No way that's a mental breakdown... read the details of the incident again and try to convince yourself that was a mental breakdown. 

1 minute ago, billsfan89 said:

'

I think smoking weed is a much better way to consume it from a safety perspective. Yes edibles don't cause you to inhale smoke in your lungs but they also are super easy to miscalculate and go overboard on. Smoking I feel like hits you much sooner and is a more gradual effect also the fact that smoking takes time to do makes it a natural mechanism to help you know when to stop. To each their own I know some people who have a well-regulated tolerance to edibles out in California but I think that as weed become legal in a majority of states now it is up to us to educate everyone about proper use and the dangers of taking the drugs in various forms. 

The problem with edibles is that they take so long, sometimes an hour, to kick in fully. So people think they need to eat more, then BLAMMO! However I don't think edibles are what did Zay in.

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

The problem with edibles is that they take so long, sometimes an hour, to kick in fully. So people think they need to eat more, then BLAMMO! However I don't think edibles are what did Zay in.

I think what did Zay in was more than likely synthetic weed but for sure the long lag time to kick in makes people overdo it on edibles. I know someone that it takes 2 hours for edibles to work. But even if someone is smart enough to not take additional amounts and wait there still could be issues with someone doing too much. For example, not everyone knows how many MG's make for a potent amount and sometimes if you make edibles yourself you end up having something that has an unknown amount in it. 

1 hour ago, Ol Dirty B said:

It's banned it just doesn't show up on tests... This isn't a matter of poor policy, it's poor policing.

I don't think weed should be illegal, but it is. And I don't think the league should take flak for people trying to circumvent its own, some states, and federal prohibition of it. This falls on the individuals who go to these lengths to get high.

The thing is, the manufacturers (usually in china) of these synthetic chemicals are constantly changing the chemical formulations from batch to batch.

What happens is the US will ban a chemical substance found in the synthetic drugs, so these manufacturers will tweak the chemical formulation just enough so it isn't considered illegal anymore and they can legally ship it to the USA. Then the US bans the new formulation, the manufacturer tweaks it again, the US bans it again and this process just continues to happen over and over and over... 

So I don't know if there is a way to make a drug test for these types of synthetic chemicals since they are constantly changing on a batch to batch basis. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Meazy26 said:

No way that's a mental breakdown... read the details of the incident again and try to convince yourself that was a mental breakdown. 

I refuse to watch the video or read any more than I have already. I often see things like this daily; drug and mental health...I don't need to see someone else's issues online. We all don't need to armchair QB his problem. Let Zay get the help he needs and see what comes of it. 

10 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

I'd MUCH rather them be able to use some MJ as opposed to all these crazy ass chemicals cocktails in the synthetic drugs that guys use to not fail a drug test. 

Its a hell of a lot safer than the damn pain pills they pump these guys full of (and mj can actually help curtail the need for pain pills). 

Just like recreational drinking is perfectly acceptable (in moderation), occasional mj use should be too. It's actually MUCH safer than recreational drinking anyway. 

I couldn't agree more.

• Like (+1) 2

Flakka, next generation bath salts

1 hour ago, TheBrownBear said:

Yep. Absolutely looks like a flakka freak out to me.  He should be OK. Thankfully, he didn't kill himself or anyone else. 

that was my immediate suspicion and he is fortunate it didn't end that way.

44 minutes ago, Fan boy '92 said:

This post is simply not accurate. The odds of this being anything other than synthetic Mary Jane are very low. 

No the side effects are consistent with Flakka.  The naked part especially, Flakka causes High body temperature.

My housemate in college got drunk and then smoked at a friend's house. I had a test the next day and was trying to get some sleep when I discovered him trying to climb up the drain pipe in front of our house to get into a window on the second floor. We all yelled at him and made him get down and come in the front door - he claimed aliens were coming to get him and he fully bloodied his hand trying that climb. Found out he had his keys in his pocket the whole time. I've known that guy for 15 years and have never seen him do anything crazy since that isolated incident.  Sometimes you do too much and your wires cross and you're just screwed.

4 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Maybe you and Likeive can make a run at Walmart Thursday night and get a bunch of Elmers?  Report back on the results?

I whipped out my Elmers and sniffed the **** out of it when I read your post bud...

Idk what happened but i just woke up naked on top of my garage 

9 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

Honestly who knows what drugs he took. It could be anything from overdoing it on edibles to synthetics, to mixing various drugs. Everyone's body and mind do have a different reaction to different drugs. From a medical perspective, most freakouts like Zay's are usually caused by the drug causing anxiety and then the anxiety being exasperated by an unfamiliar mental and physical state caused by the drug. So in Zay's case, it might not have even been something crazy like Spice or a synthetic drug. It could honestly anything that has potiental for an adverse reaction. 

Correct. After Colorado legalized recreational weed, we saw quite a few of these freakouts, the combination of inexperienced users and potent edibles and other products. A remarkably similar story:  19 year old kid does a Zay Jones thing in a hotel room, but unfortunately succeeds, plummeting to his death:  https://www.denverpost.com/2014/04/17/man-who-plunged-from-denver-balcony-ate-6x-recommended-amount-of-pot-cookie/

11 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Correct. After Colorado legalized recreational weed, we saw quite a few of these freakouts, the combination of inexperienced users and potent edibles and other products. A remarkably similar story:  19 year old kid does a Zay Jones thing in a hotel room, but unfortunately succeeds, plummeting to his death:  https://www.denverpost.com/2014/04/17/man-who-plunged-from-denver-balcony-ate-6x-recommended-amount-of-pot-cookie/

Sounds like we have a plot for a remake of Reefer Madness. 

9 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

I'm no pot head. And think it's way less benign than "supporters" keep saying. Yet I fully 100% agree with you. Such a dumbass rule. With some states legalizing it, it gives an easy way out of this testing by the NFL for PR reasons. The real reasons are what you mentioned.

• Like (+1) 1

Hello?!?!

The guy tried to kill himself twice. 

He is seriously depressed. He has a major mental disorder. 

No excuse (drugs) will let him escape himself.

Sooner or later the suicide attempt will be successful.  

Stonehands be dropping everything. 

9 hours ago, DriveFor1Outta5 said:

Sounds like we have a plot for a remake of Reefer Madness. 

I'm no prohibitionist - in fact, I support legalization, and I would like to see the NFL stop testing for marijuana. But we have to admit that for every mind altering substance out there, there are going to be people who suffer adverse effects, and once in a while those adverse effects will be pretty dramatic.

23 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I'm no prohibitionist - in fact, I support legalization, and I would like to see the NFL stop testing for marijuana. But we have to admit that for every mind altering substance out there, there are going to be people who suffer adverse effects, and once in a while those adverse effects will be pretty dramatic.

Absolutely, but it’s hysteria to insinuate that people jumping out of windows is typical. No one will ever say that beer does the same. All bets are off with any substance when someone is already mentally off.