Per ESPN Bills very likely to persue Dolphins SUH

Just now, hemma said:

ESPN click bait factory is grinding them out.

Exactly. There’s no source of information. They just put down teams with needs at DT. Nothing new. Bills won’t bring in a guy like Suh. He’s exactly what they don’t want in terms of character....

although they kept Incognito so maybe I’m way off ?

10 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

He was checked in enough to be 36 on PFF's top 101 for the year.

Which means what exactly? Was he a difference maker? We're there plays he left on the field?

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Not sure why anyone would be surprised about this.

1.  Suh fits the Bills defense perfectly, and would slide into our biggest need (outside of Quarterback). 

2.  Since he was cut and not an Unrestricted Free Agent, he won't count against the Compensation Pick formula, which Beane is clearly following.

As a Christian myself, a find it hilarious that people think Sean McDermott only wants choir boys on his team.  The guys wants to win.  Yes, he clearly values high character in players.  But that doesn't mean he's going to disregard every player that isn't religious or quiet and humble.  Suh plays with a vicious mean-streak and has a history as a dirty player.  But he keeps it all on the field, and doesn't seem like the type who will be out doing drugs (Dareus) or beating his girlfriend.

I am surprised....but it all depends on the numbers.   He aint worth 20 milllon per year, no DT is.  The one thing about him, he plays in all his games, never misses due to injury.

I look forward to him accidentally stepping on Brady's neck

1 minute ago, mjt328 said:

Not sure why anyone would be surprised about this.

1.  Suh fits the Bills defense perfectly, and would slide into our biggest need (outside of Quarterback). 

2.  Since he was cut and not an Unrestricted Free Agent, he won't count against the Compensation Pick formula, which Beane is clearly following.

As a Christian myself, a find it hilarious that people think Sean McDermott only wants choir boys on his team.  The guys wants to win.  Yes, he clearly values high character in players.  But that doesn't mean he's going to disregard every player that isn't religious or quiet and humble.  Suh plays with a vicious mean-streak and has a history as a dirty player.  But he keeps it all on the field, and doesn't seem like the type who will be out doing drugs (Dareus) or beating his girlfriend.

I think it's safe to say that not every player McDermott signs or drafts will be a devout or a non-practicing Christian.  

You don't have to be a Christian to be a good locker room guy or team player

6 hours ago, Kmart128 said:

This news sounds like speculation. However Bills jet went to Sarasota Florida... Not near Miami but wouldn't surprise me if Suh had a home there with his contract he has. And it can't be for a player who contract ran up because you can't visit free agents yet so if the Bills did go to pick up a player in Florida it had to be someone who was cut/released from a team... Could be Suh?

He has not been released yet. He will be on Wed @ 4pm

7 minutes ago, mattynh said:

I am surprised....but it all depends on the numbers.   He aint worth 20 milllon per year, no DT is.  The one thing about him, he plays in all his games, never misses due to injury.

I look forward to him accidentally stepping on Brady's neck

if i heard right he was about to count for 23mil against miami's cap. that's why he got cut

I got bridges to sell people.    Beautiful, shiny bridges.

If they're willing to toss Darius overboard for a bag of dirty jock straps, they're not signing Suh for what would surely be big $$$.    Just dumb ESPN clickbait...

51 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I think it's safe to say that not every player McDermott signs or drafts will be a devout or a non-practicing Christian.  

I would think that would be common sense.

And yet, there is a post on this board assuming we won't pick Josh Rosen because he is Jewish.

It's not even ESPN clickbait.  It's two proven hacks throwing their opinions out there.  This isn't even at rumor status.  That upstatenewyork site is bunk.  And Rodak isn't much better.

Random Suh question. He seems like a total prick and dirty player, though I wouldn't mind him on my team, but how is he in the locker room? Dos anyone know if his teammates have ever complained about him as a cancer to the team? or has he been seen by his peers as a good teammate? I think that makes a huge difference in "if" we truly are interested

1 minute ago, BeastMode54 said:

Random Suh question. He seems like a total prick and dirty player, though I wouldn't mind him on my team, but how is he in the locker room? Dos anyone know if his teammates have ever complained about him as a cancer to the team? or has he been seen by his peers as a good teammate? I think that makes a huge difference in "if" we truly are interested

Literally no chance suh is coming here now, and probably never was a chance

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I’m not religious. I don’t pray or go to church. 

I’d make every locker room on earth the place to be.

9 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

The Dudebro is basically the baseball version of Guy Fieri.

He’s got nothing on me. And I’m a better fielder.

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Yeah but I don't think you can switch hit.

Two words.  Todd Frazier.

Met.

22 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

I don't want Suh, I want Kyle Williams back and draft a DT. Lotulelei and KW is a very respectable interior. 

Kyle is a part time rotational player at this point.  I'd like to have him back and he's a great leader for the team, but when it comes to on-field performance Star / KW / Adolphis still feels light on the inside.

Suh would allow Star to focus on run stopping and help free up Hughes again.  I hope we sign him.

1 minute ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

bills leak this out and then Star signs 12 hours later  

That's a good point. +1

31 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Kyle is a part time rotational player at this point.  I'd like to have him back and he's a great leader for the team, but when it comes to on-field performance Star / KW / Adolphis still feels light on the inside.

Suh would allow Star to focus on run stopping and help free up Hughes again.  I hope we sign him.

Kyle Williams bleeds red, white and blue. He is a veteran leader and brings a veteran presence and leadership qualities to the locker room.

the book on Suh is hes dirty,  thats it.   never been mentioned as lacking intelligence,   not motivated,  bad locker room guy.    if anything he wants the players around him to get better, and the team to succeed.

if he can be had for a decent # and years.    our DT situation would be taken care of in spades.     Star eating up 2 blocks,  Suh causing havoc up the middle of the field,   Jerry on the edge.    sounds deadly.   sounds like alot of sacks or more picks for our ball hawking secondary.

price has to be right tho.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

That's a good point. +1

Kyle Williams bleeds red, white and blue. He is a veteran leader and brings a veteran presence and leadership qualities to the locker room.

I'm not debating that.  Would love to keep him.  But he's not 27 anymore, sometimes reality of performance needs to be taken into account vs sentimentality.