Bills interested in Sam Bradford

5 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Peterman starting over Bradford?   Laughable!

Me still think McD is still high on Peterman I know many here have written him off after that amazing performance in San Diego , but we don’t get to see him in practice and film room and all that ,  so ( IMO ) he will still get another chance in TC and few preseason games , 

1 minute ago, Putin said:

Me still think McD is still high on Peterman I know many here have written him off after that amazing performance in San Diego , but we don’t get to see him in practice and film room and all that ,  so ( IMO ) he will still get another chance in TC and few preseason games , 

High might be the right word and I wish he did show up in San Diego instead of LA. 

• Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, fridge said:

Is Matt Moore going to be the offseason acquisition question mark for the rest of my life?

For real! 

Matt Moore is clearly the greatest back-up QB ever - every year someone calls for him to be "the guy" for some team.  Hell Phins fans wanted him to start over Tanny - until he started over Tanny! 

Of course they have some interest. They have interest in every option.

“This is what we are offering you, player A  very nice contract, in our opinion. You are our top choice but we can’t screw around. Sam Bradford is scheduled for a visit tomorrow.”

Edited by Binghamton Beast

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

The difference between the St. Louis situation and the possible Buffalo situation is that I don't believe the hometown franchise perceives him as the long-term qb as St. Louis did when he was the first player taken in the draft. From Bradford''s standpoint I'm sure he recognizes that what he needs to do in the short-term is regain some credibility as a player. Due to injuries he hasn't played in a long time. So it is doubtful that he is going to garner a rich multi-year contract in the market. If he could be signed on a very reasonable contract this would be a good match. What's the risk? If the Bills get one of the premium qb prospects and Bradford gets hurt then the rookie is going to get early playing time. If the often injured veteran qb plays well then the rookie qb has more time to prepare. The bottom line is that it would be a good situation for Bradford and for the Bills. 

The risk is that he will still want (and be able to be get from someone) several million dollars, probably guaranteed, yet won't be able to play (injury in TC or preseason).

Haven't we played this tape before where we dumped a rookie who needed development time into the fray before he was ready, and watched him decompose  before our eyes?  Can we please try, for once, to develop a QB correctly meaning, we play him when he earns it and not because we must?

Bottom line: if you need a bridge QB because you're not planning to draft the 1 QB in the draft who is day-1 ready, the #1 attribute you need from that bridge guy is availability.  In other words, we must agree to disagree, as I think it would be great for Bradford (he gets paid) and a sucker bet for the Bills.

Bradford is a fine QB if the Bills are looking to bridge.

If you truly think they are going to trade up to the top 5 to take a quarterback, you'd better believe that quarterback is going to start EXTREMELY sooner rather than later.  There just isn't the concept of "developing" a quarterback anymore.  You either have it or you don't, and playing the game is the best way to get better at it.

2 minutes ago, akm0404 said:

Bradford is a fine QB if the Bills are looking to bridge.

If you truly think they are going to trade up to the top 5 to take a quarterback, you'd better believe that quarterback is going to start EXTREMELY sooner rather than later.  There just isn't the concept of "developing" a quarterback anymore.  You either have it or you don't, and playing the game is the best way to get better at it.

Its a fine line....because you want to biuld on what we did last year....which means making the playoffs.

29 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

If Keenum were smart, he'd sign with a team immediately.  Not enough chairs for all these free agent QB's.  

Keenum should be the second one off the board.

His best fit is Arizona, IMO.........that is one place that might not trade up for a QB if they sign him.

I think Denver would still be looking QB in round 1 if they got Keenum.

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Keenum should be the second one off the board.

His best fit is Arizona, IMO.........that is one place that might not trade up for a QB if they sign him.

I think Denver would still be looking QB in round 1 if they got Keenum.

I think Keenum would do well in Denver too--they have the right mix of WRs that can take advantage of his ability to get the ball out quickly and willingness to throw up 50/50 shots

39 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

If Keenum were smart, he'd sign with a team immediately.  Not enough chairs for all these free agent QB's.  

IMO, Teams are going to shy away from Keenum. They see what he has been in the past and wont give him an Oeisweiler type deal that they will be trying to get out of in 2 Years.

8 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

I think Keenum would do well in Denver too--they have the right mix of WRs that can take advantage of his ability to get the ball out quickly and willingness to throw up 50/50 shots

Yeah I agree.........it's a good spot for him in 2017..........but I have a hard time buying Elway putting all his eggs in the Keenum basket.........I feel like Elway would view him as a bridge.

I think he'd have a better shot at being a long term starter in Arizona.    Plus the home-dome atmosphere is easy on a noodle arm.   

3 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah I agree.........it's a good spot for him in 2017..........but I have a hard time buying Elway putting all his eggs in the Keenum basket.........I feel like Elway would view him as a bridge.

I think he'd have a better shot at being a long term starter in Arizona.    Plus the home-dome atmosphere is easy on a noodle arm.   

If Elway wants to draft a guy like Allen, then Keenum would make perfect sense.

I have a gut feeling, however, that Cleveland is going to take Allen

5 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Keenum is definitely a dome guy for sure. I still feel Foles winds up in Arizona, but Keenum makes sense. 

5 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Keenum is definitely a dome guy for sure. I still feel Foles winds up in Arizona, but Keenum makes sense. 

Foles going back to Arizona makes a ton of sense.........they would then have as good a chance of extending him as anyone.

Either way I think the QB they get in FA will be considered their solution and they will only draft one if they fall to them and think it's too good of a value.

That makes them the next best place for a FA QB aside from Minnesota.   Everyone else is going to be looking past them to their successor, IMO.

2 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I've had a feeling since Tyrod was traded that the 3rd we got for him will end up going to the Eagles as part of a trade for Foles.

I'm thinking, which is a dangerous thing granted, that 3rd round pick plus one of our 2nds will get us Foles. The Eagles from what I've reading, want for Foles what they got for Bradford, a 1st and a 4th, but they were in the drivers seat with Bradford because Bridgewater went down in training camp so the Vikings were desperate. We still have free agency and the draft so we aren't as desperate. Plus they need to cut cap numbers.

5 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Foles going back to Arizona makes a ton of sense.........they would then have as good a chance of extending him as anyone.

Either way I think the QB they get in FA will be considered their solution and they will only draft one if they fall to them and think it's too good of a value.

That makes them the next best place for a FA QB aside from Minnesota.   Everyone else is going to be looking past them to their successor, IMO.

Yeah, if I had to guess, I'd say Cousins to Minnesota, Keenum to Denver, and Foles to Arizona are the big QB dominoes.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Heitz said:

For real! 

Matt Moore is clearly the greatest back-up QB ever - every year someone calls for him to be "the guy" for some team.  Hell Phins fans wanted him to start over Tanny - until he started over Tanny! 

Actually a few years back when he played he out played Tannehill. I thought he should stay the starter then. This past year however I think age caught up to him and he struggled a lot more than he had earlier in his Miami career.

Maybe as an understood backup or stop gap, but this would be a disappointment to me.   Out of the choices discussed, it would be my least favorite.   He wouldn't be quite good enough to count on for long term success, but just good enough to expect a commitment as a starter and a large  contract.   Even keeping Tyrod would have been better than going with Bradford. 

57 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

IMO, Teams are going to shy away from Keenum. They see what he has been in the past and wont give him an Oeisweiler type deal that they will be trying to get out of in 2 Years.

But yet it's being said McCarron who doesn't have even the 1 whole season that Keenum has is expected to get "Glennon Money.

39 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

If Elway wants to draft a guy like Allen, then Keenum would make perfect sense.

I have a gut feeling, however, that Cleveland is going to take Allen

What's funny is that if you read the Browns message boards a ton of their fans are excited about Allen at 1 or 4.

3 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

But yet it's being said McCarron who doesn't have even the 1 whole season that Keenum has is expected to get "Glennon Money.

What's funny is that if you read the Browns message boards a ton of their fans are excited about Allen at 1 or 4.

Trading a pick for Tyrod tells me that they're drafting someone that they don't think will be ready to play day 1.  That's either Darnold or Allen.

7 minutes ago, TheElectricCompany said:

Of course, we're still picking a QB high, right? 

Bradford is a downgrade from Tyrod as a "bridge QB". 

I'm not even going to get into his injury issues. Dude has a knee of glass. 

Disagree Completely.

Bradford can make throws that will wow your pants off. 

4 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Taking Allen at 1 would be the Brownziest thing they could possibly do.

2 hours ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I am reasonably certain that if it is something important to him, he would ask before he signs. Of course, we could lie to him and then draft a guy, but that tend to sour you to a lot of agents and it's not a great long term move.

There's not one team in the league that will honestly tell Bradford he's their guy with no immediate backup plan.

9 minutes ago, TheElectricCompany said:

Of course, we're still picking a QB high, right? 

Bradford is a downgrade from Tyrod as a "bridge QB". 

I'm not even going to get into his injury issues. Dude has a knee of glass. 

Bradford is a much better QB than Taylor, if it wasn't for the fact that his knees are held together with bubblegum and paperclips at this point, he'd already be signed to a long term deal for either the rams or the eagles.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, HiddenInLight said:

Bradford is a much better QB than Taylor, if it wasn't for the fact that his knees are held together with bubblegum and paperclips at this point, he'd already be signed to a long term deal for either the rams or the eagles.

Yeah, and if Tyrod could go through his reads quickly and throw the damn ball, he'd be a franchise QB. 

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The risk is that he will still want (and be able to be get from someone) several million dollars, probably guaranteed, yet won't be able to play (injury in TC or preseason).

Haven't we played this tape before where we dumped a rookie who needed development time into the fray before he was ready, and watched him decompose  before our eyes?  Can we please try, for once, to develop a QB correctly meaning, we play him when he earns it and not because we must?

Bottom line: if you need a bridge QB because you're not planning to draft the 1 QB in the draft who is day-1 ready, the #1 attribute you need from that bridge guy is availability.  In other words, we must agree to disagree, as I think it would be great for Bradford (he gets paid) and a sucker bet for the Bills.

If the Bills draft Mayfield or Rosen they are going to play very soon. That's the reality of this situation. 

With respect to playing EJ too early you are misinterpreting that scenario. He was a third or fourth round talent drafted in the first round. That was simply bad scouting and evaluation. I don't care whether he got plenty of development time or not he was not going to be a franchise qb. He simply wasn't and isn't good enough. Both Rosen and Mayfield are much more prepared to play relatively quickly compared to  EJ.

19 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Trading a pick for Tyrod tells me that they're drafting someone that they don't think will be ready to play day 1.  That's either Darnold or Allen.

To me it just says "We are moving up" or "We are going big in FA at QB". Depends on the bridge to me to see if they want a guy that won't start right away. Signing a Keenum or even a McCarron would tell me they want someone that may not be the day 1 starter. Signing a Moore or Hennessy screams Rosen.

1 minute ago, No Place To Hyde said:

To me it just says "We are moving up" or "We are going big in FA at QB". Depends on the bridge to me to see if they want a guy that won't start right away. Signing a Keenum or even a McCarron would tell me they want someone that may not be the day 1 starter. Signing a Moore or Hennessy screams Rosen.

I'm talking about the Browns trading a pick for Tyrod.  By getting a guy that's a short-term solution at QB, they're more or less saying that the QB that they draft at No. 1 overall won't be ready to start day 1.

Just now, thebandit27 said:

I'm talking about the Browns trading a pick for Tyrod.  By getting a guy that's a short-term solution at QB, they're more or less saying that the QB that they draft at No. 1 overall won't be ready to start day 1.

I see it as they are going with Barkley at #1, and then get their pick of the remaining, at worst, 2 left from Allen, Darnold, Rosen, or Mayfield @#4

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, thebandit27 said:

Oops. Sorry, misunderstood. I'm with you there. I agree, Darnold or Allen would be my guess for them. 

1 minute ago, SouthNYfan said:

I see it as they are going with Barkley at #1, and then get their pick of the remaining, at worst, 2 left from Allen, Darnold, Rosen, or Mayfield @#4

That wouldn't be a terrible outcome depending on how close they have those 4 QBs ranked. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Oops. Sorry, misunderstood. I'm with you there. I agree, Darnold or Allen would be my guess for them. 

That wouldn't be a terrible outcome depending on how close they have those 4 QBs ranked. 

I still think that they're going to move from 4 to 2 after the first wave of FA to ensure that they get both their QB and Barkley

1 minute ago, Chuck Wagon said:

There's not one team in the league that will honestly tell Bradford he's their guy with no immediate backup plan.

He certainly will look for someone who will convince him of that. The Vikings were happy to have him, and roll with him in 2016 and the start of 2017. Maybe the Jets or Broncos are willing to back up the Brinks truck.

Personally, I think he shops around and finds what you say: that I personally can't think of anyone who would roll with him as the undisputed starter. Likely, he gets at best a "compete for the job" role.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

He certainly will look for someone who will convince him of that. The Vikings were happy to have him, and roll with him in 2016 and the start of 2017. Maybe the Jets or Broncos are willing to back up the Brinks truck.

Personally, I think he shops around and finds what you say: that I personally can't think of anyone who would roll with him as the undisputed starter. Likely, he gets at best a "compete for the job" role.

I agree, I'm not with the conventional wisdom here.  I think at this point in his career, and his history, Bradford gets offers for higher end back up money.  The Jets, may, or may not pay a bit more for him, but if he signs anything more than a 2 - 3 year 10Mil a year, maybe 14million guaranteed, deal I'd be shocked, frankly.

Totally rolling the dice with a guy like Bradford, but I will say that if he can somehow stay healthy, he is by far (even better than Cousins) the best FA QB available this year.

Tim-