Simple poll: Who starts Week 1?

Simple poll: Who starts Week 1?  

142 members have voted

1. 1. Who starts at quarterback for the Bills Week 1?

• Nathan Peterman
    • Drew Brees
    • Kirk Cousins
    • Case Keenum
    • A.J. McCarron
    • Teddy Bridgewater
    • Sam Bradford
    • Josh McCown
    • Matt Moore
    • Derek Anderson
    • Sam Darnold
    • Josh Rosen
    • Baker Mayfield
    • Josh Allen
    • Lamar Jackson
    • Mason Rudolph
    • Kyle Lauletta
    • Nick Foles

Totally from left field here and nothing to suggest it, but I'm going with McCown. I think he would do nicely in an E-P style offense. He's decent but no one that is going to take the job and hold it for 16 games. At some point the rookie will beat him out.

I've read that he's an excellent mentor, he was even offered the Cleveland QB coach last year before signing with the Jets. The extra ability to help coach guys up could be invaluable with an inexperienced QB coach in Culley.

11 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

That is not a simple Poll

Simple pole

A) Peterman

B) rookie

C) UFA

C, B, with A as a distant third is most likely outcome, IMO

Edit — If they are unable to draft a guy they like in Round 1, they might trade some picks to land Foles, and take a QB with the Browns pick in round 3. Call it option D.

C, B, D, A.

Edited by LA Grant

4 minutes ago, LA Grant said:

C, B, with A as a distant third is most likely outcome, IMO

Edit — If they are unable to draft a guy they like in Round 1, they might trade some picks to land Foles, and take a QB with the Browns pick in round 3. Call it option D.

C, B, D, A.

Of course it's always someone like you who introduces option deep... Why can't you ever forget the D?

1 minute ago, Boyst62 said:

Of course it's always someone like you who introduces option deep... Why can't you ever forget the D?

hmm well I was just introducing the other viable possibility, a trade, wasn't really thinking about D as in d*cks. But... thanks for letting us know what's on your mind when talking QBs ?

• Haha (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, LA Grant said:

hmm well I was just introducing the other viable possibility, a trade, wasn't really thinking about D as in d*cks. But... thanks for letting us know what's on your mind when talking QBs ?

Look, no one can deny that we regretted not seeing Joe Webb's package last year

• Haha (+1) 1

I voted Rosen because I think the colts are open for business, Beane is on a warpath and I think they may honestly wanna go with a rookie right off the bat and he’s apparently is the most refined at the moment. 

My my man-crush wants mayfield though. 

3 minutes ago, horned dogs said:

Rosen, Darnold and Foles should be and are up there. The AJ fascination has to be the keep the draft capital crowd!

Yeah , I get not giving up a draft pick. But then a Foles trade probably means less picks given to move up. Darnold and Rosen makes sense too, although I'd bet the Bills would prefer to start a veteran " bridge " guy . Probably one with more in game experience than McCarron. 

24 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Hmmmm. Surprising AJ McCarron is getting so much traction here. Fascination with the unknown? 

He must have impressed in the preseason or something.  I have no clue.

1 hour ago, Boatdrinks said:

Hmmmm. Surprising AJ McCarron is getting so much traction here. Fascination with the unknown? 

Me too. Don’t see McBean bringing him in and starting him week one. Not out of the realm of realistic possibilities but still???

McCown seems like a McDermott guy. I’d sign off on it.

McCown played well on a shi;;y team. We may be shi//y early. No need to rush. The beelz are going to get their comupense soon. I was lucky enough to catch their last cycle of greatness. I feel it coming again.

McCown played well on a shi;;y team. We may be shi//y early. No need to rush. The beelz are going to get their comupense soon. I was lucky enough to catch their last cycle of greatness. I feel it coming again.