So...Matt Moore as the Bridge QB?

All this talk of McCarron, Bridgewater, Keenum Foles, Bradford...doesn’t really interest me.  Frankly I don’t want to have a QB who is costly or overly capable.

its the Over capability potential of one of those guys that would keep the team in the playoff hunt but the Rookie off the field.

but with Matt Moore...lots of potential.

1.)  Moore and Beane go way back. 3 seasons together in Carolina.  Solid trust?

2.)  Moore is a UCLA alum...Rosen would be a UCLA alum.  Makes for a happy QB room.

3.)  Moore isn’t very expensive.  Where as the others are and Foles is both financially and draft capital expensive.

4.)  Moore isn’t overly good

im looking for a QB who can slowly lead the team to a mid season / 3 quRter of the season win/loss record where then it will be First Round QB pick time.

Matt Moore’s skill set, veteran leadership, and past relationships make him a perfect candidate for this bridge QB position.

Edited by RalphWilson'sNewWar
  • Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

All this talk of McCarron, Bridgewater, Keenum Foles, Bradford...doesn’t really interest me.  Frankly I don’t want to have a QB who is costly or overly capable.

its the Over capability potential of one of those guys that would keep the team in the playoff hunt but the Rookie off the field.

Matt Moore’s skill set, veteran leadership, and past relationships make him a perfect candidate for this bridge QB position.

Then why wouldn't you just start Nate Peterman. He is now experienced in this system for a season.

2 minutes ago, ganesh said:

Then why wouldn't you just start Nate Peterman. He is now experienced in this system for a season.

Brian Daboll says what???  It's Erhardt-Perkins, not Erhardt-Pickins

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Don't you want Moore than this?

Lol.

sure.  The 1st Round QB being groomed.

but 

with the absences of Eric Wood, Tyrod Taylor and now I’m thinking K. Williams...the lack of  leadership on this team along with a new OC

im not expecting much from 2018 team in the way of wins/loses.

if anything 2018 will be a better statistical team with the Rookie QB showing flashes and finishing strong but the record probably 5-11 or 6-10

2 minutes ago, ganesh said:

Need a vet.  Look at the Browns.  They tried for Alex Smith and now secured Taylor for their Rookie to sit under.

No Rookie should have to only lean on Nate Peterman.

Edited by RalphWilson'sNewWar

21 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

2.)  Moore is a UCLA alum...Rosen would be a UCLA alum.  Makes for a happy QB room.

3.)  Moore isn’t very expensive.  Where as the others are and Foles is both financially and draft capital expensive.

im looking for a QB who can slowly lead the team to a mid season / 3 quRter of the season win/loss record where then it will be First Round QB pick time.

Just to add, Moore also played for Brian Daboll during his time in Miami as the OC. He's a perfectly capable backup who could start the first 4 games or so of the season. Bottom line is that McBeane is going to sign a cheap veteran like this to be in the quarterback room. 

1 minute ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Just to add, Moore also played for Brian Daboll during his time in Miami as the OC. He's a perfectly capable backup who could start the first 4 games or so of the season. Bottom line is that McBeane is going to sign a cheap veteran like this to be in the quarterback room. 

Whoa.  Didn’t know the Daboll connections.  That even bumps it up.  Your exactly right.  We inly need a guy for 4-6 games I feel.

14 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Lol.

sure.  The 1st Round QB being groomed.

but 

with the absences of Eric Wood, Tyrod Taylor and now I’m thinking K. Williams...the lack of  leadership on this team along with a new OC

im not expecting much from 2018 team in the way of wins/loses.

if anything 2018 will be a better statistical team with the Rookie QB showing flashes and finishing strong but the record probably 5-11 or 6-10

Need a vet.  Look at the Browns.  They tried for Alex Smith and now secured Taylor for their Rookie to sit under.

No Rookie should have to only lean on Nate Peterman.

If we are trading up high for Rosen or Mayfield I would personally much rather bring in McCown to help groom our shiny new toy. Can prob sign him on a 7-10mill contract max and I feel he would be a great mentor with his 15 years experience around the league.  IDK, I still want a competitive team next year and think we still can be with him.

Let him take a pounding for a year while the rookie tries to learn the timing and speed of the NFL. We don't want to break the new guy.

Edited by Real McCoy

23 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

I think the foundational flaw in that plan might just be that I don't think Moore WANTS to play..........he has had opportunities to leave and likely play more elsewhere but it just seems like he wants to just collect a paycheck......live somewhere sweet.......and only play if he has to.

Gase passed over him so fast when Tannehill went down it was actually pretty surprising/telling IMO.    I think he knew Moore was absolutely not down with playing a lot of games.

32 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

How about we try to get a QB that will help win a lot of games so we can make the playoffs?

1 minute ago, PeterGriffin said:

Matt Moore to backup Peterman while Mayfield sits and learns the ropes.

As a GM If your first rounder is sitting inactive behind Moore and peterman you might want to start working on a resume 

—————

now I will say I don’t think we are chasing a costly vet to pair with a rookie. Tyrod was that option. So someone like Moore is the alternative that now makes sense.

Just now, NoSaint said:

As a GM If your first rounder is sitting inactive behind Moore and peterman you might want to start working on a resume 

—————

now I will say I don’t think we are chasing a costly vet to pair with a rookie. Tyrod was that option. So someone like Moore is the alternative that now makes sense.

No kidding. 

4 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

Matt Moore is not that bad of a QB.  Actually he’s pretty decent and you can argue he might have more success than Cutler did with Miami.

Id be ok with Moore as starter while a rookie sits next season

A first rounder is starting for us day 1 almost 100% no matter the rest of the depth chart 

If we sign Moore and don’t take a guy in the first.... again, I’ll suggest Beane start contemplating his own future.

Why do you want a bridge QB so bad. Recently either quarterbacks make it their rookie year or they don't. Bridging deshaun Watson was moronic. If a quarterback can't start in the NFL right away or gets discouraged at early failure than he never had IT to begin with. Sink or swim.

• Like (+1) 1

What have you been watching from Matt Moore over the past 3 years that suggests he would be good at this?

He looks great coming in a game for an injured QB, not so much when teams game plan for him as the starter...actually he kind of sucks when that happens.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Whoa.  Didn’t know the Daboll connections.  That even bumps it up.  Your exactly right.  We inly need a guy for 4-6 games I feel.

What a waste of 4-6 games. I don't even understand that thinking at all. It's like you are planning on your starter to be so bad that you have to throw a rookie in there.

Either sit him the whole year barring injury, or play him right away. Don't do what they did with Peterman last year. 

5 minutes ago, gr8billsfan said:

Moore for dirt cheap would make sense. What’s Peterman future if we get Moore and draft Rosen? 

Who gives a !@#$... His future is what it is now... Their isn't one, just like their wasn't one for Hamdan, Levi, or Tuel. These guys don't work out. Add Peterman to the list. 

Edited by Ol Dirty B

can we stop saying bridge QB? We need a starting QB

On 3/9/2018 at 10:49 PM, klos63 said:

How about we try to get a QB that will help win a lot of games so we can make the playoffs?

No, we need a bridge QB...bridge...bridge