Rams trade Ogletree to Giants

2 minutes ago, McBean said:

Ogletree for just a 4th and 6th?

I would’ve done that ASAP. Good move by the Giants.

Not even...its a 4th and swap the 6th round for their 7th.  Amazing deal!

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Ew their LBs already sucked. Got killed in the run game vs Atlanta 

Ogeltree isn't an ideal fit for the Wade Phillips defense.  He's a rangy chaser.  And he can drop.  I like the player and it's too bad we're not in on these deals.  Michael Bennett to the Eagles?  Let's get involved Brandon!

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, ******* said:

WHY THE hell were we involved??? GReat LB. perfect fit for this D

I'm hoping it's more evidence that the Bills are planning on a big draft day trade and they would rather sign vets like Davis and Ivory than trade away picks.

3 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Since the rams are so intent on shipping off the D, I suppose we can spare a 5th for Donald.

Some of the low value is contract. They'll have to pay Donald next year.

They're getting low value because those players have bad contracts.

Edited by CuddyDark

4 minutes ago, wppete said:

Why did we do this?????? I think he would be perfect in the Defense. 

Contract, hasn't played well lately. GMs avoid adding big contracts in trades. I do think he would have fit well, but there are reasons they didn't do it. 

Edited by TheTruthHurts

7 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

I think the Giants just got a 4th round compensatory pick.    Talk about giving up very little for a good player. 

The Giants 4th Rounder could be deemed very valuable as high picks in the new draft "day" often hot commodities and can bring more picks back. That said think the Giants did great in this trade.

20 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

If only... Can't wait to see the comp. This is a dream come true off-season for us football nerds who like blockbuster stuff. 

It is even a bit sweeter since this flurry of activity was started by the Bills during the pre-season and continues up and through this off-season. I hope trades become a bigger part of NFL activity. So many teams weren't willing to trade as often for various reasons. Now it seems like the trade market has opened up. 

3 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

It is even a bit sweeter since this flurry of activity was started by the Bills during the pre-season and continues up and through this off-season. I hope trades become a bigger part of NFL activity. So many teams weren't willing to trade as often for various reasons. Now it seems like the trade market has opened up. 

I love the excitement of the trades and all that, but I also am hesitant cause I realize it's just slowly morphing into the NBA with the huge contracts and crazy trades. 

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I am surprised by this trade being here in LA.  I would have JUMPED on this if I were the Bills, even offered a 4th and a 5th to just better the offer.  Ogletree is a legit LB in this league, and really shocked thats all they got.  I thought for sure a 3rd even in a fire sale, but thought it could had been as much as a 2nd.  

Not with that contract