Rams trade Ogletree to Giants

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Not with that contract

Yeah, I deleted my post after I saw his contract haha.  I didn't realize it was that much to be honest.  At his price, I think I would prefer to draft a LB with one of our 2 first rounders or in the 2nd.  

lol Ogletree is not good, Guys. The Rams got the best of this deal. 78th ranked LB last year. 

4/$39m for an off-the-line LB who isn't elite is quite steep. It's basically a 2/$20m with 2 option years.

Edited by Domdab99
  • Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I love the excitement of the trades and all that, but I also am hesitant cause I realize it's just slowly morphing into the NBA with the huge contracts and crazy trades. 

I think the NFL has a long way to go before it reaches the player movement of the NBA. I like the idea of teams with new coaches and systems trading away players who don't fit to teams that run systems better suited for those players, one team gets a good player the other gets a higher return than if they tried to jam a square peg in a round hole. Trades in the NFL can come with stiff cap penalties (Look at Dareus) so I think that prevents things from getting too crazy. 

14 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

SO with all the holes the Giants have and commitment to Eli, does this pretty much confirm they are trading out of the #2 spot?

I think it does and hope we are in that mix behind closed doors.

Yes, they appear to be thinking very short term. They also have no one on the OL right now or RB. Imagine getting Cordy Glenn, James Daniels and Guice/Michel/Chubb all in one transaction.

or you get a backup QB (for now) or one RB or one OL if you pick 2. Makes sense for them to turn that high pick into multiple players they can put around Eli now. 

Why arent LAC and Steelers projected to take a QB in the 1st? They want to win now too with the window they have and their QBs are the same age.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

Bills did not have picks unless they were willing to pony up a third.

Giants 4th round pick is much lower than ours and we did not have a 6th.

One of our 2019 4ths and a 5th this year (they can even keep their 7th)

Edited by Kirby Jackson

2 hours ago, Domdab99 said:

lol Ogletree is not good, Guys. The Rams got the best of this deal. 78th ranked LB last year. 

4/$39m for an off-the-line LB who isn't elite is quite steep. It's basically a 2/$20m with 2 option years.

Idk, Buffalo Bills Detective said you need Alec Ogletree before you can draft your franchise qb.    

Giants are gonna nab Rosen, we are doomed.   

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, ******* said:

WHY THE hell were we involved??? GReat LB. perfect fit for this D

I think it has to do with the contract. $10M cap hit for the next four years. This team is looking to get younger everywhere it can. And they’re also trying to max out their compensation pick formula, not sure if this would impact it, but if it does, that’s another reason.