Bills Sign Ivory

Bills are killing it in free agency so far!

They've had 2 players in for a visit, both of whom went on to visit multiple other teams and both still picked us!

I am not used to this. 

Neither factor into the comp pick formula either. 

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Like (+1) 19

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

I wonder if this means we won't draft someone to be the future. 

I think it's positioning them for a what if. Deep draft for Running backs so if they keep all of the picks I think they go RB in 3rd or 4th. If they trade up they need some bodies, since they won't have picks to fill the holes.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

I wonder if this means we won't draft someone to be the future. 

I think we will, but it will be a developmental guy in the 4th or the 5th. RB injuries are so common, you would like to have 4 guys who can play. 

2 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Bills are killing it in free agency so far!

They've had 2 players in for a visit, both of whom went on to visit multiple other teams and both still picked us!

I am not used to this. 

Neither factor into the comp pick formula either. 

We're really playing the comp pick game. It makes me think we are looking to trade up and hope that our future comp picks soften the blow.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, billspro said:

I think we will, but it will be a developmental guy in the 4th or the 5th. RB injuries are so common, you would like to have 4 guys who can play. 

I'd be fine with a scat-back type guy. I was thinking for a while that I wanted them to draft the "future" in the 2nd to 3rd, but the more I think about it, the more I realize RB is pretty much the one position where you don't have to draft ahead as there is little adjustment period. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, aristocrat said:

well he wasnt very good down in jax so i hope we get a motivated ivory

I wonder if part of that had to do with is skill set being replaced by the feature back. As in, the introduction of Fournette replaced the need for a pounding sub back and instead Yeldon (who I believe is a bit shiftier) got the nod. 

Just a thought.