Why is Baker Mayfield getting the least amount of buzz?

5 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Please don't even begin to compare what happened last season to Baker Mayfield. That is so pathetic and lazy response.

Pathetic and lazy to refute the most NFL shotgun comment as utter bs? I bet you wanted Johnny football too 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

Dang, every time I start feeling good about myself I see something like this. 

Im nearly six foot, I step on an elevator and almost EVERY time I’m the tallest cat in there. Rarely do I step inside to find I can’t see the top of some random normal’s dome. 

Me, just living in a dream world of my own design. I pop on the boards for an instant after a day of walking around thinking I’m some sort of tall-ish demigod and I see something like this. 

If Baker’s small I must be tiny, and that sucks. Doesn’t make me happy at all. 

Just a tiny little minuscule creepster scraping and crawling around this globe. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks
  • Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Aaronthebaron said:

Look at these stats his last two years, particularly completion percentage. Proves the accuracy, right? And it should only drop a few % points in pros, right?

QB 13 295 434 68.0 3706 8.5 8.8 26 9 155.3l
QB 13 300 429 69.9 4114 9.6 10.0 37 13 172.9

Wrong...that’s Johnny Maziel’s stats. And he’s slightly taller than Mayfield. Drew Brees and maybe Russel Wilson have been the exceptions. Massive OL to see over, and massive DL’s equals a lot of batted passes; failing that, errant throws since they have to adjust the ball higher above the defender at the line. 

Im not sold on Mayfield, and I think we’re bluffing for Allen. Looks at the last drafts visits and who we actually grabbed.

I believe Manziel is 6’0” and Mayfield is 6’1”. Still very close in height, but Manziel is not slightly taller. 

5 minutes ago, MtlBillsFan said:

Why would Mayfield struggle in the NFL because if his height? Are linemen that shorter in college?

Hey, let the world get caught up on a few inches. It only helps us in being able to get him. 

The difference between 6’1 and 6’3 looks big on paper. The view from their eyes isn’t nearly as daunting. 

Its silly, imo. If you can play, you can play. Measurables only matter to kids that can’t. 

When you were picking teams in the field behind your house did you take Dave because he was the tallest? No, you took Skidz Kramoore because the kid could flat out ball. 

Dont overthink it Bills. Take Skidz. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks

i dont see what's wrong with it.  everyone needs something to motivate them.  if you had the perfect life and everything is handed to you then why would you try hard at anything?  how many times does Tom Brady bring up being a 6th round pick or how the commissioner was out to get him?  whatever it takes to keep you focused day in and day out is a good thing imo

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

No thanks on JP Losman 2.0

he definitely does have a JP Losman vibe to him.  i could see him buying a house downtown and partying on chippewa every night.  however JP was not much a prospect at all.  i can't believe he was even drafted in round 1

1 minute ago, Looper said:

IMO, just a matter of time before an incident with Baker if things don't go his way on the field. He's not Manziel, but has a little Johnny Football in him. 

Passion is equivocal.  I think for the most part, Mayfield channels his into excellent performance on the football field.  No qb in the draft is without some question marks.  I think Mayfield has a higher floor than Allen, for instance, and a pretty high ceiling.  I'd be happy taking him, though I would also be very pleased to get Allen who has the highest ceiling.  I've become convinced he's more likely to reach it than I initially thought.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

he definitely does have a JP Losman vibe to him.  i could see him buying a house downtown and partying on chippewa every night.  however JP was not much a prospect at all.  i can't believe he was even drafted in round 1

My understanding is that he is not a partyer he is apparently more of a play video games at home guy. 

2 minutes ago, Batman1876 said:

My understanding is that he is not a partyer he is apparently more of a play video games at home guy. 

You don't really believe that a 22-year-old Mayfield with $ is gonna sit home and play video games, do ya ? 

1 minute ago, Batman1876 said:

I heard he was into Parcheesi and more of the classic old school board games.

• Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Looper said:

You don't really believe that a 22-year-old Mayfield with $ is gonna sit home and play video games, do ya ? 

So your assumption is that any person who was young and came in to money would hit the party scene? Or that for some reason Baker is more likely to than the other guys. 

4 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

I heard he was into Parcheesi and more of the classic old school board games.

Pro gamer was his backup career. 

• Haha (+1) 1