Dolphins place franchise tag on Jarvis Landry; permission to seek trade

YoloinOhio

IMO this was not the best move from a cap standpoint.  Landry is a great WR but I don’t think his value is close to $16 M. It’s going to hurt what they can do on the FA market.   I also feel that Landry wants out of Miami which probably happens in 2019.  

Anyone else think NE might take a shot at bringing him in?  Glad that didn’t happen

Just now, BuffaloRush said:

IMO this was not the best move from a cap standpoint.  Landry is a great WR but I don’t think his value is close to $16 M. It’s going to hurt what they can do on the FA market.   I also feel that Landry wants out of Miami which probably happens in 2019.  

Anyone else think NE might take a shot at bringing him in?  Glad that didn’t happen

He feels like a NE guy. A little bit of an a-hole, but tough and a great route runner. He has fantastic hands too. I thought that he may end up in New Orleans.

• Like (+1) 1

According to Spotrac the Dols were just $7.4M under the cap.  Did they release someone or do some thing else in order to be able to franchise Landry?  And if no LT deal is coming, that's going to severely hamstring them in FA.  If I were Landry, I'd sign that tender ASAP.

1 hour ago, BillsFan4 said:

Wow to that Chris Trapasso tweet. 35% of their cap used on 3 players is pretty crazy, especially when you look at the 3 players in question. 

Its not thaaaat nuts - but the 3 specific guys are awful value. 

1 hour ago, Captain Murica said:

Awful a lot of money for a guy that averages 8.8 ypc 

But is that a product of his ability or the product of terrible offensive schemes and terrible QB play?

Landry is a talented WR, and if he was on a team with a real QB and offense his YPC would look quite different IMO.  

• Like (+1) 1

More receptions in his first 4 seasons than any WR in NFL history and averaging over 1000 yards in his first 4 seasons with Ryan Tannehill (or worse) as his QB?

Is it really that hard to explain the tag on this guy?  They should dump Suh and take the one year dead money hit.  

It's far more crazy to accept that they are paying Tannehill what they are than tagging Landry.

As a Bills fan, tahnk you Dolphins.  It's moves like this I hope our new regime avoids and our AFC East opponents make.  

$16M for a guy who has trouble breaking 10 YPC, and overall just seems to be a knucklehead.  I'm not sure I'd want him on my team at half that price, honestly.

10 minutes ago, Estro said:

As a Bills fan, tahnk you Dolphins.  It's moves like this I hope our new regime avoids and our AFC East opponents make.  

$16M for a guy who has trouble breaking 10 YPC, and overall just seems to be a knucklehead.  I'm not sure I'd want him on my team at half that price, honestly.

Wrong.