Hate to say it...Tyrod will be back

Hebert19

16 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

People here don't seem to remember Trent, J.P. ,Todd, and a beat up Johnson. Throw EJ into that soup.

Things can get a lot worse.

In a hurry.

Seems people here also forget what actual GOOD QB play looks like as well. With that line up its understandable. You forget Alex Van Pelt, Brian Brohm, Levi Brown, Jeff Fuel, Gale Gilbert, Joe Dufek, Tuel....yea can get a lot worse. But until you take upgrading the QB position seriously those are the guys you have. And that includes Tyrod Taylor.

50 minutes ago, John from Hemet said:

One game determines this?  And frankly I thought Mahommes looked shaky....this was without any defenses having any film on him at all.

Im not wishing bad on the guy....I just think that unless he becomes a franchise guy this was a Buffalo win.

and McD just sucks.....how many years has it been since we made the playoffs.....oh thats right WE JUST MADE IT......after a drought that is older then some of our teenage kids.

McDermott did make the playoffs with the Bills. That said, it was just our year. The Bills were awful last year — but so was the rest of the AFC. The Seahawks made the playoffs once with a 7-9 record. 

I think McDermott is a decent coach....I think he set us back when he passed on Mahomes. 

Time will tell. But I’m right. I’m confident in that. I’m right. 

9 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...better keep you day job......Bflo's GM job is NOT in your cards........you're in "Boy Danny Snyder for RG II 1/8, Ditka draft for Ricky or Vikes for Herschel" absurdity territory.......good Lord...

Aren't you the guy that admitted to not knowing anything about this year's prospects? What do you know, exactly?

But then again, I'll admit that I'm not an NFL GM, just a passionate fan that wants to see the Bills play good football.

Peace.

1 minute ago, The_Dude said:

McDermott did make the playoffs with the Bills. That said, it was just our year. The Bills were awful last year — but so was the rest of the AFC. The Seahawks made the playoffs once with a 7-9 record. 

I think McDermott is a decent coach....I think he set us back when he passed on Mahomes. 

...so now what do we do?....genuflect?........sip some Jim Jones kool-aid?........bow our heads in shame?.......good Lord.....

3 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

Aren't you the guy that admitted to not knowing anything about this year's prospects? What do you know, exactly?

But then again, I'll admit that I'm not an NFL GM, just a passionate fan that wants to see the Bills play good football.

Peace.

...absolutely....do not have the opportunity to watch collegiate ball so I admittedly CANNOT weigh in on prospects.....at the same time, I just don't see this regime going ALL IN on draft capital to move up as you suggested.....just a hunch/opinion...hope that clarifies............

3 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

Unkess we can trade him behind the scenes ala Smith.  

Here's why I think this is the case.  

1.  Cousins is not coming here.  He will end up in Denver or NYC.  

2.  Cost to trade up will be too high.  Especially if they aren't sold that one of these guys are the next elite AN.

3.  We have more holes than qb.  If we trade up we would put a rookie out there with a ****ty team and we know how that turns out.  

4.  Bradford and Bridgewater are NOT upgrades.  Before wasting money on them we have to ask.  Are they really better.  

Draft well...sign some people to plug holes and this team will make playoffs again and have more money and options next year for draft.  That's my take...

1. Cousins will end up in Denver

2. A trade will cost too much unless Darnold falls.

3 & 4. We do have holes in the D front7 and unless someone from the heavens can guarantee Bradford never gets hurt again, he's not an option. The Vikes will keep Case and Teddy.

Tyrod might be a pariah in the eyes of most Bills fans but we're running out of options. Draft the best value qb in the first 2 rounds and pray he can look better than Nate.  TT's trade value is zero.

15 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...so now what do we do?....genuflect?........sip some Jim Jones kool-aid?........bow our heads in shame?.......good Lord.....

What you do is trade heaven and earth for Baker Mayfield. 

Baker Mayfield is the one prospect in this draft that I can guarantee will be good. 

31 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

I think that you have to give mahomes until after next year to judge.

In a perfect world I don't think Reid wanted to trade Smith, but to finish his contract and groom mahomes another year, but they were in cap trouble, with no 1st round pick, and Smith was due $18mil, so they made the move early

true...

51 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

Kinda sounds fun to watch next season without all you whiners. 

just because a fan doesn't want to watch a **** show has nothing to do with whining. also, why worry about what other fans do. do you keep records of who watches or who doesn't? no, other fans not watching should and will not have any bearing on you at all. actually, if you told me you weren't watching I would respond with something like "hey, you're entitled to do what you please". I wouldn't give a **** if you didn't watch, so don't you worry your little heart about others not watching, nedboy.

27 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

Like you were about Bortles?  :flirt: 

7 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

What you do is trade heaven and earth for Baker Mayfield. 

Baker Mayfield is the one prospect in this draft that I can guarantee will be good. 

We kind of agree here... but I wouldn't go so far as your guarantee.

I actually like him a lot, though  :thumbsup: 

Just now, Teddy KGB said:

Bortles just won 2 playoff games and had a shot to beat the Pats.     

Not the best time to laugh at Bortles fate. 

Bortles did that?

Why... I thought the Jacksonville Jaguars did that 0:) 

5 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

just because a fan doesn't want to watch a **** show has nothing to do with whining. also, why worry about what other fans do. do you keep records of who watches or who doesn't? no, other fans not watching should and will not have any bearing on you at all. actually, if you told me you weren't watching I would respond with something like "hey, you're entitled to do what you please". I wouldn't give a **** if you didn't watch, so don't you worry your little heart about others not watching, nedboy.

Personally, I really couldn't care less if any of you claiming you aren't going to watch if Tyrod is the week 1 starter don't watch.  I just think the vast majority of you who say it are full of a bunch of hot air and will be watching the games, so it's just irritating to read people say stuff like this.  I think nedboy was accurate in painting a lot of you with the "whiny baby" brush because most of you are whining now and will be back in the Fall, regardless.

If you're not one of those, good for you and I hope you enjoy your Fall doing other stuff on Sundays other than watching Bills Football and during the week posting on a Bills message board  :thumbsup: 

9 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Bortles just won 2 playoff games and had a shot to beat the Pats.     

Not the best time to laugh at Bortles fate. 

Good season but I want a few years more out of him before calling Bortles elite

6 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

We kind of agree here... but I wouldn't go so far as your guarantee.

I actually like him a lot, though  :thumbsup: 

What was that 80's movie with Jeff & Bo Bridges.....?

-Oh, that's right... "The fabulous Baker BUST." :P

17 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Like you were about Bortles?  :flirt: 

Bortles is better than Taylor. 

He he was the only one that hasn’t developed that I predicted would be a success. But I wanted him over EJ, Tranny, and I was right on that. 

21 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Personally, I really couldn't care less if any of you claiming you aren't going to watch if Tyrod is the week 1 starter don't watch.  I just think the vast majority of you who say it are full of a bunch of hot air and will be watching the games, so it's just irritating to read people say stuff like this.  I think nedboy was accurate in painting a lot of you with the "whiny baby" brush because most of you are whining now and will be back in the Fall, regardless.

If you're not one of those, good for you and I hope you enjoy your Fall doing other stuff on Sundays other than watching Bills Football and during the week posting on a Bills message board  :thumbsup: 

if you didn't care, why even respond?

nobody is whining, but those calling those whining, who seem to really care enough to respond, are the whiners. so stop your whining and worry about what you do, not what I do.

you have no clue who will be here and who wont be. I know you feel you're right about nearly everything but in this case, speaking of me, you're dead wrong.

4 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Bridgewater is definitely an upgrade. Just a bigger injury risk. I'm really curious about what his situation really is.

If the Bills could work a trade with Minnesota, that would be awesome. Then draft a QB in the 1st or 2nd.

Absolutely!  The Bills NEED a 3200 yd, 14 TD QB NOW!

Oh, wait....

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

if you didn't care, why even respond?

:huh:

Probably another good example of misreading a post right here...  moving on...

2 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

nobody is whining, but those calling those whining, who seem to really care enough to respond, are the whiners. so stop your whining and worry about what you do, not what I do.

you have no clue who will be here and who wont be. I know you feel you're right about nearly everything but in this case, speaking of me, you're dead wrong.

:lol: 

"I'm not a whiner you can't call me whiny you're and I said it no givezies back you winy baby"  :P

okay brah, I hope you have the ability to enjoy your Fall, one way or another  :thumbsup: 

1 hour ago, Lfod said:

If Tyrod is back next year then really all I want is the guy to spend his time off Sky Diving and Thrill Riding. I want him to ride a bike without a helmet. Do some base jumping. Be dangerous.

Then I hope some of that wild and crazy comes back with him on to the field and he becomes an unpredictable psycho that yells at you for looking at his girlfriend when she's not even there. 

I never wanna see the dude settle because it's safe. If he's married get a divorce man. Mix it up. Take some strange home and raw dog. Take some risks man. You will never see me say another bad thing about him if he gets ignorant and unpredictable. Even if it doesn't turn out good. Ditch the nice suits get a hoody and ride or die.

I don't want that calm professional look to him. I want him to look like he just rolled out of prison and he gives you the evil eye all day like at any moment he's gonna gonna fly off the handle.

I don't want professional president Tyrod. I want murder capital of the world Thug life Tyrod Taylor. Throw it at a guy and miss him by a mile then go over and jump in his face for not catching the ball because Tyrod says he threw it right on target.

Love it!  :lol: 

Just now, transplantbillsfan said:

:huh:

Probably another good example of misreading a post right here...  moving on...

:lol: 

"I'm not a whiner you can't call me whiny you're and I said it no givezies back you winy baby"  :P

okay brah, I hope you have the ability to enjoy your Fall, one way or another  :thumbsup: 

at this juncture of my life, I enjoy everyday that I'm given and make the best of them. whether I include or disclude football, it's all good.

afro.gif

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Bridgewater is definitely an upgrade. Just a bigger injury risk. I'm really curious about what his situation really is.

If the Bills could work a trade with Minnesota, that would be awesome. Then draft a QB in the 1st or 2nd.

TT, Bridgewater, and someone drafted who is rated to rise above Peterman before Pre season games.
 I would prefer some magic happens and some one they love is still avalaible without sacrifice
If Daboll is truly flexible ? he get get TT and TB enough plays and enough reps for them to decide . I like Tyrod a s back up.
Philly paid 12 M for Foles

5 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Bridgewater Bradford is definitely an upgrade. Just a bigger injury risk. I'm really curious about what his situation really is.

FTFY

To be clear, i want us to draft a QB after trading up.

Have you actually watched TB play more than one game? He is a good prospect because of his potential, not because he is that good rite now.

Statistically Tyrod is clearly better than TB before the injury. Coming off the injury its even less likely that he plays better.

Bradford is an upgrade in talent but a bigger injury risk.

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

Absolutely!  The Bills NEED a 3200 yd, 14 TD QB NOW!

Oh, wait....

Agreed hard to say Bridgewater is a definite upgrade when he hasn’t put up numbers in the NFL to back up claim. Is also coming off horrific injury that could have ended his career and no one knows if he is fully healthy both physically and mentally. When live bullets start to fly is he going to be able to stand there and not worry about getting hurt again.

Your hope is based on potential and that he is only 25 years old. However, he isn’t a sure thing. Whoever the QB is I hope Daboll incorporates more college principles into the offense. I wonder if McDermott wanted someone from new school of thinking and to get the Bills offense in line with what some of the other teams are doing like KC, Philly, and New England.

Here is interesting article on how college schemes are infiltrating the NFL.

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2018/1/29/16933498/patriots-eagles-offense-super-bowl

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, billsredneck1 said:

i don't remember watson or mahommes getting more hype than darnold , rosen , mayfield or allen are this year. maybe he can correct his monumental error while in possession of more quality picks than this team has had in forever....

The TV draft heads were all over Mahomes and Trubisky. Peterman was being compared to Kirk Cousins...the oversight is Watson. He lit it up and everybody kind of slept on him. That said, I think O'Brien really simplified the offense for Watson. He honestly looked like rookie year RG3. The league caught up to that and they will catch up to Watson. I want to see him actually run a pro style offense because what they were doing with Houston will not sustain once people get enough film. Not saying he can't do it but I want to see more. I don't think this was a monumental error. 

Allen is the physical prototype. Darnold has super high potential. Mayfield is a playmaker. But Rosen is an actual quarterback. He's my guy. Trade up for Rosen, maybe Darnold, and I'd be okay with Allen or Mayfield if they slide a bit, but short of that I'm passing on this draft class. Maybe Luke Falk or White later in the draft. 

6 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

Unkess we can trade him behind the scenes ala Smith.  

Here's why I think this is the case.  

1.  Cousins is not coming here.  He will end up in Denver or NYC.  

2.  Cost to trade up will be too high.  Especially if they aren't sold that one of these guys are the next elite AN.

3.  We have more holes than qb.  If we trade up we would put a rookie out there with a ****ty team and we know how that turns out.  

4.  Bradford and Bridgewater are NOT upgrades.  Before wasting money on them we have to ask.  Are they really better.  

Draft well...sign some people to plug holes and this team will make playoffs again and have more money and options next year for draft.  That's my take...

Bradford and Bridgewater are most certainly upgrades if they can stay healthy. Tyrod is not good, period, and if he's not replaced then the "process" cannot and will not progress. TT hurts this team more than he helps, and that was evident against Jax. Any average QB who can make throws beats the Jags in that game and we all know it, its not debatable. I would prefer any of the Viking QBs or a rook over another year with a QB that cant throw to wide open receivers.

3 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

56 yard passing, 3 point, Tyrod Taylor and pay him $18 million a year????????  

image.jpeg.fef1e9eaa64a8f8c93401eeb27b33dc6.jpeg

And Bortles had 80 some yds passing that day but nearly beat the Patriots a week later. So it doesn’t really prove much.

It was a defensive battle where Bortles made more plays with his legs that day. There is a reason why Dennison is no longer on the team.Tyrod had a very poor game but wasn’t put in a position to succeed with the play calling. If McDermott felt the entire reason why the offense was terrible this year was solely because of the QB then Dennison would still be here.

• Like (+1) 1