Bon Jovi on Howard Stern Talking Buffalo Bills

KDIGGZ

1 hour ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

My feeling is the league preferred Toronto .  it is a top 5 tv market in North America.  Pegs saved the team and spoiled the money grab  

I never could understand why Toronto isn't considered in the Buffalo TV market. Especially, considering that the local Buffalo tv stations are all on the Canadian cable system.

As others have said, it wouldn't have mattered if Bon Jovi wanted the team to stay or not because he would have only owned a minority stake.

Plus, even if he truly had planned on keeping the team here, it would have been an axe hanging over all of our heads. We'd have been constantly worried about when the lease ended at the Ralph them taking off to Toronto, or if enough public money wasn't given for a new stadium them taking off to toronto, or if ticket sales or profit margins weren't high enough... well, you get the point. Toronto would have constantly been hanging over our heads. 

Edited by BillsFan4

trump didnt start toronto rumors.

they have been there a long time, and flared up in 2008? when home games were moved there.  

the second bon jovi expressed interest, every bills fan new it was very suspect.  it was widely known/reported that he was in tight with mlse, lieweke, and the city of toronto.  did donald trump write kryk's columns for him?  

it took everyone 30 seconds to connect the dots

1 hour ago, Mark Vader said:

Bon Jovi can go screw himself.

We all saw the plans by the Rogers group. He's just trying to make himself look like the victim. He's getting his pot shot at Trump, because there are so many anti-Trump people out there who will believe him.

He also knows that everyone(except for Bills fans) will believe him, because there are lots of people who didn't seriously follow the sale of the Bills team, because they weren't interested in the story, because it was the Bills.

Had this been the Cowboys being sold, the entire world would have been watching.

Go away, Bon Jovi!

Perfectly said

I'll take what Bon Jovi said with a large grain of salt.  as for Trump not outbidding Terry, probably because  WNY has too many immigrants.  At least when I grew up the west side was Italian, East side Polish and German, South side was Irish.  Not many Norwegians as I recall so that may have added to it.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Has been?

They're going on tour and selling out 20,000 seat venues regularly.  Like they have been for the last 35 years or so.

Fair enough.

How about if we refer to him as a has been or never been actor?

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

As others have said, it wouldn't have mattered if Bon Jovi wanted the team to stay or not because he would have only owned a minority stake.

Plus, even if he truly had planned on keeping the team here, it would have been an axe hanging over all of our heads. We'd have been constantly worried about when the lease ended at the Ralph them taking off to Toronto, or if enough public money wasn't given for a new stadium them taking off to toronto, or if ticket sales or profit margins weren't high enough... well, you get the point. Toronto would have constantly been hanging over our heads. 

Agreed except details on minority owner comment:

Only scenario acceptable to Bon Jovi was he was going to be the controlling partner.

By NFL rules the controlling partner had to contribute a certain % of the winning bid. I read 30 or 40%. Bon Jovi bid as high as he could to remain the controlling owner.

Because he was unwilling to be a minority money contributor and unwilling to not be controlling partner he did not have enough cash to meet the % required by NFL. This is why he could not bid enough to get the Bills. The group from Toronto could have been setup as one of the other big investors as the controlling owner and putting Bon Jovi in charge like Jeter is with Marlins. Bon Jovi would not accept.

He was a victim of his own ego. This worked out like magic for Bills fans as he could then not outbid Pegs and so could not move Bills to Toronto after lease was up as was his plan.

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

You win 1/2  point.    I don't listen to his current show.  

In the past I had listened to his show many times.  I was never a fan of his schtick.  

Being a parent of a child with a disability I found his slapstick offensive.   

Being a parent of a daughter I found his denigration of women offensive.

I also found his love for himself annoying.  

These comments prove you never truly listened to or understood the show.  Stern doesn't denigrate women...he just doesn't shy away from the topics on everyone's mind (sex) and provides a forum for such discussion.  If anything he's a feminist.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, eball said:

These comments prove you never truly listened to or understood the show.  Stern doesn't denigrate women...he just doesn't shy away from the topics on everyone's mind (sex) and provides a forum for such discussion.  If anything he's a feminist.

I agree with this.  The guy gushes over his loving wife all the time.  He never has a shortage of A list actresses and other women on his show and there is no movement, even in these times, to get him off the air by women in the entertainment business.  Women on the show who he interviews seem very comfortable talking about a wide range of topics.  This in contrast to what they would have given Larry King or (before it was known he was nuts) Charlie Rose--which is dull discussions about latest movies/etc. they are pushing.

This is why he's such a good interview.  He gets people to open up.  Celebrities I would otherwise have no interest in at all become an interesting interview.

I like Howard Stern.  His sirius show got too stale for me years back and I got sick of/annoyed by most of his staff (Benjy, Ronnie, etc)... I was also completely sick of Artie before the end of that.  He became the driver of 100% of the show's content for the last year.  

5 minutes ago, Carey Bender said:

There was a deeper meaning behind playmates jumping on trampolines or naked women riding on sex machines?

Nope, that was just about having fun.  The women who got naked on his show did so because they wanted the publicity and air time -- and Stern's smart enough to know that a lot of his audience enjoy that sort of content.  The definition of denigrate is to criticize unfairly or disparage -- Stern has never done that to women who appeared on his show.

11 minutes ago, eball said:

Nope, that was just about having fun.  The women who got naked on his show did so because they wanted the publicity and air time -- and Stern's smart enough to know that a lot of his audience enjoy that sort of content.  The definition of denigrate is to criticize unfairly or disparage -- Stern has never done that to women who appeared on his show.

yup. he had the vision to capitalize when the world was going in a new direction. I always found some of the harsher content hard to listen to, but he played things brilliantly. 

i would argue at times he actually empowered women, though is ways that were decidedly non-traditional. 

Didn't he fire Richie Sambora and sell one of his penthouses to try and liquidate more money for his NFL bid? I didn't want him to buy the team, and boycotted listening to his music for a while, but he was willing to go to extremes to try and get a team....crazy stuff

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

I don't understand the anger for one man.  Why would moving the Bills be best for Jon Bon Jovi?

Do I really need to explain this to you?  Anyone else having trouble with this? 

And I don't hate the guy.  He tried to buy the Bills, he failed miserably, and instead we ended up getting the best owners we could hope for.  Glad the team got off the playoff schneid in just their 3rd full season of ownership.

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

Do I really need to explain this to you?  Anyone else having trouble with this? 

And I don't hate the guy.  He tried to buy the Bills, he failed miserably, and instead we ended up getting the best owners we could hope for.  Glad the team got off the playoff schneid in just their 3rd full season of ownership.

I AM having trouble with this..............But, I DO hate the guy.  He didn't try to buy the Bills, he tried to buy the Bills and MOVE them!

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

I don't understand the anger for one man.  Why would moving the Bills be best for Jon Bon Jovi?

Jon Bon Jovi must have been playing once when an old girlfriend broke up with him

40 minutes ago, eball said:

Butt-a-face competitions.  

one unattractive gal volunteer seemed mighty upset when she lost, or was that won the competition? 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

4 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Jon Bon Jovi must have been playing once when an old girlfriend broke up with him

Butt-a-face competitions.  

one unattractive gal volunteer seemed mighty upset.  

Exactly.

4 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't someone uncover the contract with Bon Jovi and Rogers Communications where it specifically stated that they will move the Bills to Toronto?

Wawrow

4 hours ago, Gugny said:

I, for one, believe Jon Bon Jovi.

Over wawrow.

Your bias is showing.

Grow up

42 minutes ago, eball said:

And the woman Weinstein did stuff to wanted roles in movies and to be big time actresses. What's the difference  between that and publicity & air time?

4 hours ago, kdiggz said:

Bon Jovi on Howard Stern today talking about the Bills...

Jon Bon JoviVerified account @jonbonjovi 1h1 hour ago

More

Hanging with my friend @HowardStern on the @sternshow. What better way to start of your Wednesday morning. @SIRIUSXM

DTv002UWsAEyDWq.jpg

On @sternshow Jon Bon Jovi confirmed rumors that Trump planted story about Bon Jovi wanting to move the Bills to Toronto. Jon said he would have left the team in WNY, He was going to move there.

Bon Jovi then praised the job Pegula is doing with the team. He said Trump started the Bon Jovi free zones. He called it evil genius what Trump did.

Bon Jovi said he was disappointed he didn't get the team and fully believes the story that Trump started the move to Toronto rumors.

More on Bon Jovi on @HowardStern He said it would have been a lifelong committment if he owned the Bills and has now given up dreams of owning an NFL team.

Here's the thing, it doesn't matter if he was never going to move the team. His offer for the team was dwarfed by what the Pegula's offered, therefore he lost. 

Him and Trump both bid less than $1 billion, while the Pegula's went $1.4 billion. Money talks, and that was the deciding factor. 

13 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

And the woman Weinstein did stuff to wanted roles in movies and to be big time actresses. What's the difference  between that and publicity & air time?

I'm going to assume you're joking with that question, because if you're not then I feel sorry for you.

12 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

again, the look she had on her face after the bags were removed told me she wasn't "ready for what she' got in return for voluneering.  

If you volunteer for a butterface competition on a comedy radio show and aren't expecting to have your looks critiqued, you've made a critical error in judgment.

Edited by eball

3 hours ago, row_33 said:
4 hours ago, RobH063 said:

If Trump wanted the team so bad that he would sabotage another bidder by making up the Toronto story, then why didn't he sabotage the Pegula's because they were the bidder with the deep pockets and were the bigger threat to Trump. Unless Trump never really wanted to buy the Bills and was running point for the Pegula's.

If you believe that something you want to buy is worth $1.00 at most (to make it a reasonable business adventure,) if some nut comes in with a crazy bid of $2.50 then you walk away.

Did you just call the Pegula's crazy or did I misunderstand you?

4 hours ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

he hasn't  been a shock jock in a very long time .  Currently he is one of the best interviewers on the planet.   

what does Bon Jovi gain by lying now.  and WHat has Trump done that make you think the story isn't true ?

He is doing a bon jovi world tour.  There are only 30 Cities with NFL Stadiums you fill those that 5 mil a piece.  So this has everything to do with money.  He hopes to play in WNY again.   He is laying a grass roots campaign to get people to pay to see him.  Its easy to say the Trump who is petty and seen as a liar was to blame. 

Did he say anything in the interview about being Bob Kraft's buddy? Whether in Buffalo or in Toronto, the Bills would have been Bob Kraft's team's permanent practice squad if Bon Jovi ran the show.

iur.jpeg

Edited by Moose

48 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

really?  weinstein vowed to ruin careers if they didn't sleep with him.  you think that's anywhere in the ballpark of what howard stern does, (and does extremely rarely)?