Bills will have 21st pick in the draft

Rigotz

Thanks for the choke job Chiefs!

I believe that number is locked in whether the Bills win or lose. We might flip positions with them if we lose, but will still secure pick 21.

So, we officially traded our 11th overall pick for Tre White and the 20th overall pick.

Edited by Rigotz
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Rigotz said:

I believe that number is locked in whether the Bills win or lose. We might flip positions with them if we lose, but will still secure pick 20.

So, we officially traded our 11th overall pick for Tre White and the 20th overall pick.

Not bad ol’ Beane!

:lol: Beane wasn't in Buffalo for the draft. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

I believe that number is locked in whether the Bills win or lose. We might flip positions with them if we lose, but will still secure pick 20.

"The eventual draft order will adjust as the playoffs play out. The losers of the four wildcard games will be sorted according to the regular NFL Draft sorting (strength of schedule, strength of victory, et cetera), followed by the losers of the conference semifinal and final games and the eventual outcome of the Super Bowl.

The 9-7 Bills have one of the weakest resumes in the playoffs, and a loss on Sunday could give them the 21st overall pick, while a win would mean they’d pick no higher than 25th overall.

Buffalo’s other first round pick is part of the playoff race, with the Kansas City Chiefs finishing as the fourth overall seed in the AFC with a 10-6 record. The Chiefs currently hold the 24th overall pick, but if Wild Card weekend is upset-heavy, there’s still a chance that their pick could rise as high as 21st overall. For the best combination of draft slot and season success, root for the Bills and Tennessee Titans this weekend."

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2018/1/2/16842366/after-sunday-buffalo-bills-will-pick-no-higher-than-21st-in-the-nfl-draft-kansas-city-chiefs-25th

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This is incorrect

Falcons have a SOS of .521

Panthers have a SOS of .504 

both are worse SOS's than the Chiefs who have......

a .576 SOS

Therefore we are rooting for the Falcons and the Panthers in their wildcard games.  If they lose they will be picking before the Chiefs.

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, Estro said:

This is incorrect

a .576 SOS

Therefore we are rooting for the Falcons and the Panthers in their wildcard games.  If they lose they will be picking before the Chiefs.

All Bills fans should be rooting for the Falcons, regardless, as the Bills own the Rams' 2nd Round draft pick.

• Like (+1) 3

34 minutes ago, Estro said:

This is incorrect

a .576 SOS

So far so good with the Falcons.  The Rams are playing like a rookie playoff team.

Worse record picks first.  KC had a worse record (10-6) than Carolina or NO (both 11-5), so SOS won't come into play..

You want the Falcons because the Bills have the Rams 2nd round pick.

KC's pick is 22nd from what I've seen.  Loser of Jacksonville/Buffalo will pick 21st.

Edited by napmaster

58 minutes ago, dma0034 said:

Not true. The Bills could have the 21-24th from the Chiefs rn. Bills will either be 21st or have a later pick

As it stands now 21-24 are the wild card playoff losers sorted by record, strength of schedule, then a coin flip.

KC is one loser

NO/CAR loser has 111 wins

ATL has 10 wins, Rams 11.

Buffalo has 9, jacksonville 10

It looks like jacksonville has a weaker SoS than KC and KC is less than AztL.

If Buffali loses....they draft 21, KC 22.

If buffalo wins, then JAX drafts 21, KC 22, and BUF no lower than 25.

Tennessee has a weaker SoS than buffali so the fact they are seed 5 over buffali seed 6, they would get to draft ahead of buffalo.

5 minutes ago, BuffBillsForLife said:

Even if the Chiefs missed the playoffs, there was no way it was going to be a top 15 pick.  The Chiefs are a good team (in the regular season).

I understand, but typical bills to finally have 2 first rounders and they are both in the 20's. 

Anywho, beggars can't be choosers, we made the Playoffs.

16 minutes ago, flomoe said:

So, is it possible that the Bills have back to back picks in both rounds 1 and 2 depending how things play out?

i hope not but it’s something you don’t see often.

No. They have the Chiefs 1st Rounder and the Rams 2nd Rounder.

3 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

No. They have the Chiefs 1st Rounder and the Rams 2nd Rounder.

I realize that. I’m curious since it’s possible the Bills could be picking back to back in round 1 from the Chiefs pick, if the Rams lose, would they pick after the Bills and could the Bills have their pick and Rams pick in the 2nd back to back?

i would rather have the Bills pick 32nd  but it would be an anomaly to pick back to back in 2 straight rounds.

11 minutes ago, flomoe said:

I realize that. I’m curious since it’s possible the Bills could be picking back to back in round 1 from the Chiefs pick, if the Rams lose, would they pick after the Bills and could the Bills have their pick and Rams pick in the 2nd back to back?

i would rather have the Bills pick 32nd  but it would be an anomaly to pick back to back in 2 straight rounds.

Gotcha. Not sure how the New Orleans/Carolina loser would affect that scenario.

I have to admit that I am disappointed.  It is a shame the Chiefs won their division.  

But for the fact that White looks to be good (let's hope his play continues), the trade is turning out to be ok - certainly not great.

7 minutes ago, Peter said:

I have to admit that I am disappointed.  It is a shame the Chiefs won their division.  

But for the fact that White looks to be good (let's hope his play continues), the trade is turning out to be ok - certainly not great.

Wait we get defensive rookie of the year and another mid to late round 1st round pick and it’s not good or great? It’s not a franchise changer yet but it’s certainly better than ok

• Like (+1) 2

I think Mahomes is going to be a star.  I don't think we did bad in the trade, but given the difficulty of finding a star QB I'd much rather have Mahomes.  

He made a throw last week, that made my jaw literally drop.  The arm strength and accuracy displayed on the play was something I don't think any other QB in the league could pull off.

The throw is at 4:39. Check it out

7 hours ago, BillsVet said:

Not literally. Hard to believe he wasn't "aware" of what was going on in Buffalo. 

This stuff annoys the heck out of me. People are going to treat that draft like they treated the Whaley/Nix transition draft. They will apportion the blame to whoever is convenient at the time. Look, this was a McDermott draft. Whaley, like Nix did, had his wings clipped before the draft. 

5 hours ago, Peter said:

Tre white is the droy.

6 hours ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

Wait we get defensive rookie of the year and another mid to late round 1st round pick and it’s not good or great? It’s not a franchise changer yet but it’s certainly better than ok

Yep.  Not to mention the fact that many players selected in the top 10 don’t turn out to be as good as players selected later. I think the Bills finally have good college talent evaluators in the building.