Bills will have 21st pick in the draft

Rigotz

8 hours ago, KW95 said:

pretty terrible IMO do be drafting in the 20's

Got Trae White at 27 thats not so bad.

Its not where you draft its who you draft.

If your hoping for one of the big dice rolls at QB its not so good.

Lets get a Vet who fits the system and another development guy.

Maybe trade down with one of the firsts and use one of those bonus picks they acquire to get Alex Smith who fits the Bills system.

3 hours ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

It doesn't matter, we will be giving our two 1st rounders, a 2nd rounder this year and our 1st next year to the NYG and were selecting QB Josh Rosen, he's who I had for us all along and that's who I believe we'll be going after, I hope so anyways.

.....highly unlikely IMO that this gang even comes close to surrendering that type of draft capital for ONE player......

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

.....highly unlikely IMO that this gang even comes close to surrendering that type of draft capital for ONE player......

These guys are sensible shoes not  `all in on one roll of the dice` guys.

10 hours ago, Estro said:

I think Mahomes is going to be a star.  I don't think we did bad in the trade, but given the difficulty of finding a star QB I'd much rather have Mahomes.  

He made a throw last week, that made my jaw literally drop.  The arm strength and accuracy displayed on the play was something I don't think any other QB in the league could pull off.

The throw is at 4:39. Check it out

Saw that too but I am not sold on his overall accuracy. Big arm talent but so was Cutler. So as always with QBs, it's a crapshoot. I just hope we get one in the draft we can develop.

3 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

And rightly so. Besides the Brownies and Jints are not trading, they're picking QBs. If we're a couple of picks from away and Mayfield is still on the board, I might burn some capital to get him.

10 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

Saw that too but I am not sold on his overall accuracy. Big arm talent but so was Cutler. So as always with QBs, it's a crapshoot. I just hope we get one in the draft we can develop.

And rightly so. Besides the Brownies and Jints are not trading, they're picking QBs. If we're a couple of picks from away and Mayfield is still on the board, I might burn some capital to get him.

....agree.....Cleveland should probably host the 2019 draft so poor Brownies are home picking #1 again....I finally saw the Mayfield kid for the first time and not sure if his style fits what McD/Dennison appear to want (spread/shotgun)......my (wild) guess is they preserve draft capital and take the safe, un-sexy Rudolph kid at #21.......with possibly Alex Smith as your two year vet presence to develop him and Peterman......OL/DL become priorities with other draft capital...............

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

Only Bills fans would complain about getting the DROY, have two first round picks, two second round picks (9 picks overall. 5 in the first 3 rounds,) and have the drought end.  Sure Mahomes could be the next greatest.  He could also be the next worst or just mediocre.  It's also not 100% the Bills would have drafted him if they stayed put. 

I, like most, would like to see them draft a QB and have said QB turn into our franchise QB.  However, I feel this scenario is far better than trading up for Watkins, missing the playoffs, and having no first or fourth round picks the following year (6 picks overall.)

Falcons and Titans won, looks good for the Bills as far as the other games go. Bills will have pick number 21 and 22 if they lose or pick number 22 and then a pick beyond 25 if they win. They also get the Rams 2nd round pick which is now locked in around the 23rd pick of the second round. 

5 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

Got Trae White at 27 thats not so bad.

Its not where you draft its who you draft.

If your hoping for one of the big dice rolls at QB its not so good.

Lets get a Vet who fits the system and another development guy.

Maybe trade down with one of the firsts and use one of those bonus picks they acquire to get Alex Smith who fits the Bills system.

5 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

Plus I doubt that would even be enough to jump that high.  If we had maybe the 8th pick plus KC could get there with that.