Holiday bonus

In all my many years of working I never got a holiday bonus. I had to earn a bonus, not just be there at the right time of year.  Did you get one? Or pissed because you didn’t? 

2 minutes ago, Dante said:

Self-employed now. No bonus for me. :(

Well, you’re the boss! Make it happen!

(Nice to be your own boss though.) 

I get a yearly bonus at the beginning of the year (for the prior year's results), but it's not for the holiday.

The only kind of holiday bonus I've ever gotten from an employer was a free turkey for Thanksgiving and that didn't last too many years.

Edited by Gugny

13 minutes ago, Augie said:

In all my many years of working I never got a holiday bonus. I had to earn a bonus, not just be there at the right time of year.  Did you get one? Or pissed because you didn’t? 

Well, you’re the boss! Make it happen!

(Nice to be your own boss though.) 

Got a bonus but my employers are Jewish so I’m not sure it’s a holiday bonus. Think it’s performance based but it’s the first bonus I’ve gotten in a looooong time

2 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Got a bonus but my employers are Jewish so I’m not sure it’s a holiday bonus. Think it’s performance based but it’s the first bonus I’ve gotten in a looooong time

Mazel tov!!

My wife is .00869% in fee income generated away from hitting a new threshold in her bonus. It’s a HUGE difference in the final payout, and only a few days left to hit it. It’s a deal or two away that are in the process but not sure how soon it can get approved and booked. It’s a CRAZY thin margin! 

Yes. A couple past employers would give nice bonuses, in the hundreds of dollars. Worst I ever got was a $50 gift card for some obscure website, that you could buy stuff on, like an Amazon wanna be. Thankfully one thing you could buy there was Amazon gift cards. 

Where my Dad used to work, your bonus was getting a choice between a frozen turkey or a canned ham. 

54 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Sure, Hanukkah bonus!

28 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Yeah, bonuses get killed by taxes.  So do severance packages.  <_<

Back in the day a client came in with a 7 figure bonus in late December and was very upset to see how slim the options were in Canada to avoid a massive tax hit.

Christmas bonus?  What is this, the 1950s?

Year end bonuses need to be measured against year end results.  Bonuses get paid in February.  Maybe end of Jan if the head of Finance gets his lazy ass off football message boards and does some work to push them through.

34 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

I have two secretaries/assistants who basically run my office. They are pleasant, cordial, professional and good people. I gave them each a nice Christmas bonus. They deserved it for working with me. 

Hope you gave them lots of green. ???

Holiday Pay is "Holiday Bonus" and applies to all Federal holidays.  You have to be working the holiday... Or if your normal tour of duty is off on the holiday, then you get the holiday pay (double time) on another day directly before or after holiday.  You only get the holiday off if there is double coverage (more than two scheduled).  Then, you get day off with pay.

Now... $$$ bonuses usually come out in July, but that is performanced based.

Usually the marine towing companies will drop off baskets or what not during holidays... Case of whiskey, Southern Comfort, you name it.  Regs used to be gifts under $20... I think that has been raised now. Throughout the year towboats will give out stuff like cans of coffee and Little Debbie snack cakes, etc... Sometimes they will order a pizza and toss you & the guy you are working with one your way too.  If they are BBQing, make you a plate, etc...  All that stuff is shared amongst the guys at work.

The boats from New Orleans are good for tossing a can or two of this into the hat, coffee fund, especially around the Holidays.  I don't drink coffee, so don't know if it is good or bad:

51elbGOIgxL._SY300_QL70_.jpg

If I get it, I give it to the coffee fund dude.  Now pleasure boats always toss something... Just recently a bottle of Cuervo Gold and 151... Can't leave "trash" sitting on wall. ;) I am not a boozer, so the other wine heads I work with snap that sheist up! 

The Asian carp, now they are cheapskates. They won't even acknowledge your baited hooks.  Tight wads!  Just get them through and they are happy. :lol: 

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

3 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Holiday Pay is "Holiday Bonus" and applies to all Federal holidays.  You have to be working the holiday... Or if your normal tour of duty is off on the holiday, then you get the holiday pay (double time) on another day directly before or after holiday.  You only get the holiday off if there is double coverage (more than two scheduled).  Then, you get day off with pay.

The boats from New Orleans are good for tossing a can or two of this into the hat, coffee fund, especially around the Holidays.  I don't drink coffee, so don't know if it is good or bad:

51elbGOIgxL._SY300_QL70_.jpg

That is the famous coffee from Cafe Du Monde in the French Quarter of New Orleans.

The place is legendary for chicory coffee and beignets.

Very good.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

I was expecting a check. Instead I got enrolled in a jelly club. 17 years with the company. I've gotten a Christmas bonus every year but this one.

I think you'll be singing a different tune once blackberry season rolls around. Mark my words.

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, sherpa said:

That is the famous coffee from Cafe Du Monde in the French Quarter of New Orleans.

The place is legendary for chicory coffee and beignets.

Very good.

Thank you for your service.

2 hours ago, Captain_Quint said:

I think you'll be singing a different tune once blackberry season rolls around. Mark my words.

Someone told me it's the gift that keeps on giving the whole year...

If this isn't the biggest bag-over-the-head, punch-in-the-face I ever got, GOD DAMN IT!

The place I used to work at for like 24 years gave out a year end bonus....they stopped that around 15 years ago, it wasn't really a bonus, it was a percentage of your salary for the upcoming year in advance...but they recently instituted a new bonus system.  They reduced your base income by like 10%, but you could earn it back by meeting expectations.:lol:  Really?  Some bonus,right?  You get your salary back...incredible.

3 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

I was expecting a check. Instead I got enrolled in a jelly club. 17 years with the company. I've gotten a Christmas bonus every year but this one.

Well that’s just a downright rotten low down dirty shame....

Edited by Chef Jim

i take the staff out to dinner and give them christmas bounues then.  i've told my colleagues that it do it, and i get ripped on for doing so.  i was even covering 100% of a few staffs medical ins.  i making them pay 20% of it this coming year, and i was met with a lot of resistance.  it's happening either way.

6 minutes ago, Nervous Guy said:

The place I used to work at for like 24 years gave out a year end bonus....they stopped that around 15 years ago, it wasn't really a bonus, it was a percentage of your salary for the upcoming year in advance...but they recently instituted a new bonus system.  They reduced your base income by like 10%, but you could earn it back by meeting expectations.:lol:  Really?  Some bonus,right?  You get your salary back...incredible.

My bonus structure is that I'm eligible for up to 12% of my annual salary.  They take the overall performance (financial) of the company into account, then individual performance.  As of last week, it looked like I'd be eligible for a max of 93% of the 12% (this is the overall company performance impact), which will be nice.

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

My bonus structure is that I'm eligible for up to 12% of my annual salary.  They take the overall performance (financial) of the company into account, then individual performance.  As of last week, it looked like I'd be eligible for a max of 93% of the 12% (this is the overall company performance impact), which will be nice.

So that is like true profit sharing...right?