What QB do you want to draft.

QB draft  

228 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your QB

11 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

I think Mayfield fits all these Bucky Brooks must haves.

Five traits that matter:

Intelligence 
Leadership
Competitiveness
Grit (Resilience/Perseverance)
Clutch Factor (Can he perform under pressure?)

I know Rosen fits em all

56 minutes ago, PIZ said:

Has Mayfield been linked to the Bills at all?

Are NFL guys not concerned with his height?

AND his throwing motion (not bad, but will get batted at the next level), hand size and immaturity...

I'm sure they are, despite what fans casually dismiss.

6 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

You mean "Who's".

I picked Baker Mayfield, not b/c he is my first pick, but b/c I was trying to pick a realistic option.

We are not going to have our pick of all the QBs, so I don't see the point in stating which you prefer the most.

A better poll would be "Which QB do you like best among QBs we can actually get."

Who is to say you cant actually get any of these QBs?

22 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I know Rosen fits em all

Going to cost a fortune in draft capital to move up and get him though.

I think you draft a tier 2 guy sign a Vet who fits the system and use the rest of the picks to get this team where it should be.

7 hours ago, Xwnyer said:

Don’t watch much college football so will go with your view or others.   The Kid from NC State could be a good non first round option

This year it's Mayfield for me.

50 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

You mean "Who's".

I picked Baker Mayfield, not b/c he is my first pick, but b/c I was trying to pick a realistic option.

We are not going to have our pick of all the QBs, so I don't see the point in stating which you prefer the most.

A better poll would be "Which QB do you like best among QBs we can actually get."

Autocorrect.

If you want to make that poll go ahead.

50 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

The Mayfield love makes my blood boil.  He's the quintessential "great college QB" that will flop in the NFL.

The rumor is that the Bills really like Darnold and I won't put it past them to go get their guy, if they don't nab Cousins in free agency.

So was Watson.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BigBuff423 said:

Out of the options available, I chose Darnold....but, if Drew Lock declares which I believe he is still waiting until after the bowl game, he seems like a very, very intriguing prospect. Needs work on some issues, but productive and talented with a strong arm.

The NFL Advisory Committee (or whatever they are called) gave him a “return to school” meaning that he isn’t projected as a 1st or 2nd rounder.

48 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Who is to say you cant actually get any of these QBs?

You can’t likely get Rosen or Darnold as the Browns and Giants will take them top 2. Indy at 3 is your first trade up option.

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

The NFL Advisory Committee (or whatever they are called) gave him a “return to school” meaning that he isn’t projected as a 1st or 2nd rounder.

Yeah, I read that....and I don't blame him if he stays or comes out, but it seems (and I certainly could be wrong) most of that was based on accuracy and development....which is NOT to say that shouldn't factor in, but if the Bills were serious about Alex Smith, then he's a guy you could take in the 2nd round and give him a year or two and still have a tremendous opportunity to get your guy of the future without leveraging Draft capital.

Now, if the Bills are serious about getting their guy this year, I defer to my original post of Darnold. They would need to and should go all out.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BigBuff423 said:

I completely understand your sentiment and "hope" for the same....however, the Bills have perennially done what they thought was exactly that....gone for quantity over quality almost every year, and we see the result. It is a rare occurrence for a team to have extremely gifted and productive players at most other positions, a lackluster or mediocre QB, and be ready to contend for a championship. However, we can all look to the teams who are disjointed with talent, maligned by injuries, and under-performing in areas but have that true franchise QB, and they either contend for or win championships. 

Plus, I'm tired of not having a team identity and whether it should or shouldn't be that way, the QB is the identity of the team....God knows we need a new one. And we need one who can write their own annals of history from start to finish, ala Jimbo. You don't get that without taking a risk. 

Just be prepared if the Bills go down as that team that mortgaged the future for that Ryan Leaf equivalent.  Or it could be a Ryan Tannehill equivalent.  The odds of it being a Brady, Rogers or Brees are slim.

9 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Just be prepared if the Bills go down as that team that mortgaged the future for that Ryan Leaf equivalent.  Or it could be a Ryan Tannehill equivalent.  The odds of it being a Brady, Rogers or Brees are slim.

Couldn't agree more about the potential risk....unfortunately, it's nearly impossible to identify those "busts"...take RGIII as an example - consider what the Skins gave up for him and then Drafted Cousins in the 4th, only to have Cousins be the guy after RGIII's Rookie season....imagine had the Skins NOT done that...where would they be? Probably somewhere like the Buffalo Bills....and yet, if the Bills do that, there will be a meltdown. Not advocating for it, just expressing how difficult it is to obtain that franchise caliber QB, but the Bills can't do what they've done either....

Edited by BigBuff423

If Baker Mayfield comes in at 6'2 and 10 inch hands, along with an incredible wonderlic, I'd feel a lot better about him. I like the fact that he's a rhythm passer, which is why I like Rudolph and dislike Allen and Jackson.

1.) Rosen

2.) Darnold

3.) Rudolph

4.) Mayfield

5.) Allen

6.) Jackson

We'll see, it's still really early to say but that's my humble opinion for now and is subject to change..

• Like (+1) 1

As a lifelong Bruin alum I've seen every game Rosen's played. Yes he has an amazing arm but it's what's between the ears that scares me. He's a rich, spoiled, coddled and soft little B.  Darnold would be the dream pick up but I just don't see us moving up to get him. I know I'm in the minority but I still like Mason Rudolph . And I think we could draft him without giving up all the remaining picks. I'm also in the minority believing you should draft a QB every year until you find your franchise guy. That means discarding the last quarterback taken then so be it. Another words bye bye Tyrod and Peterman you're on the clock.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chicken Boo said:

The Mayfield love makes my blood boil.  He's the quintessential "great college QB" that will flop in the NFL.

The rumor is that the Bills really like Darnold and I won't put it past them to go get their guy, if they don't nab Cousins in free agency.

They don't have the ammo to get a high enough pick to nab Darnold.  2 bottom 1/3 first round picks won't get them early enough in the draft.

No way do I think the FO trades away multiple picks to move up into the top 3 unless players are involved, which I doubt as well.

Realistically a lot of teams are looking for a QB in round 1.  Rosen, Darnold, Allen, Jackson and Mayfield all go Top 15 IMO.  So unless the Bills want to only move up a few spots to grab Mayfield or Jackson, I see them going after a guy like Ryan Finley or even Will Grier in Rd 2.  Maybe Rudolph late Rd 1 but I don't think his arm is there.

I really think folks need to cross off Rosen, Darnold and Allen off their dreamsheets. Slight Chance at Mayfield and Jackson. Without trading up people need to start looking at Rudolph, Finley, Grier, Ferguson.... and expect a Vet to be signed to compete.  If the Bills do trade up, they may as well go all in to get the #1 pick.  DO NOT TRADE UP TO NOT ASSURE YOU GET YOUR GUY!!!!!  That will cost the Bills Both #1s this year (and maybe a later rd pick) and Probably 2019 Rd 1 pick.

Honestly I think the Bills think Peterman has more potential than fans are lead to believe. I see the Bills using the top 2 picks for OL and DL, maybe ILB.  Using a 2nd on a QB.

or maybe they trade back from 18/19 like 10 picks, gaining an additional 2nd and grabbing their QB there (late 1st Rd).

DT, QB - Rd 1

OL, ILB, OLB- Rd 2

39 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

Couldn't agree more about the potential risk....unfortunately, it's nearly impossible to identify those "busts"...take RGIII as an example - consider what the Skins gave up for him and then Drafted Cousins in the 4th, only to have Cousins be the guy after RGIII's Rookie season....imagine had the Skins NOT done that...where would they be? Probably somewhere like the Buffalo Bills....and yet, if the Bills do that, there will be a meltdown. Not advocating for it, just expressing how difficult it is to obtain that franchise caliber QB, but the Bills can't do what they've done either....

Well if the Bills wasted a 1st on Lamar Jackson I would expect them to take a more traditional QB later just like the Skins did.

These running backs playing QB are one hit from IR.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

They don't have the ammo to get a high enough pick to nab Darnold.  2 bottom 1/3 first round picks won't get them early enough in the draft.

2018 Draft both Rd 1 picks and probably a 3rd or 4th rd pick

plus

2019 Draft Rd 1 pick

That would get the Bills the #1 overall this year. But if they want Darnold they have to get the #1 overall, otherwise it aint worth it.....

56 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

If there's a clear #1 prospect, and we go get him, what is there to complain about?  Are we supposed to pretend the Bills should have known #4 was going to be the best?

10 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I want Rosen but that’s not realistic. Darnold is going to go the Giants at 2. I dont want Rudolph. 

For me, being realistic, it’s probably Baker, Jackson, Allen at this point. Allen has impressive tools as does Jackson but Baker has the intangibles IMO. 

Allen and Jackson have outstanding intangibles. Probably more so than Mayfield IMO.

8 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

Well if the Bills wasted a 1st on Lamar Jackson I would expect them to take a more traditional QB later just like the Skins did.

These running backs playing QB are one hit from IR.

After watching Tyrod and knowing the fairly dismal history of ultra athletic running QBs in the NFL I was not eager for Jackson. But y'know Tyrod would actually be a top shelf QB if he was good in the passing game. Jackson has made strides in that regard and after seeing what Watson was able to do in Houston I think he may be a great prospect in the right O with the right coordinator. That is likely not Dennison though. Still if we haven't yet pulled the trigger and he's there for us when we use our first pick in the second round Bills should jump IMO. Thing is he won't be there. I expect 6 QBs to go in the first round (assuming the juniors declare).

Personally I'd like Rosen or Darnold but that's not happening.

2 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

I think Mayfield fits all these Bucky Brooks must haves.

Five traits that matter:

Intelligence 
Leadership
Competitiveness
Grit (Resilience/Perseverance)
Clutch Factor (Can he perform under pressure?)

So does Lamar Jackson

1 hour ago, wppete said:

I would add Luke Falk of Washington State on this list. I prefer Luke Falk over Mason Rudolph and Lamar Jackson. 

Luke Falk reminds me of Tony Romo with his play. 

So , you want a player that reminds you of a QB that has never won a NFL playoff game?

10 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

Mayfield or Allen

Rosen comes across as an entitled B word.

Lamar Jackson would be TT V2

I'm not a fan of Josh Rosen because of his attitude. Yes, he has the tools to be a great NFL QB but his maturity comes in question to me. Like I said in different posts, he reminds me of Jeff George/Jay Cutler.

40 minutes ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

2018 Draft both Rd 1 picks and probably a 3rd or 4th rd pick

plus

2019 Draft Rd 1 pick

That would get the Bills the #1 overall this year. But if they want Darnold they have to get the #1 overall, otherwise it aint worth it.....

I think that is too much to give up for any player, QB or not.  Darnold is a good prospect, but not so good to give away all of that.  If you do that deal, you had better be 100% sure that Darnold will be a top 5 QB in the league.

59 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

If there's a clear #1 prospect, and we go get him, what is there to complain about?  Are we supposed to pretend the Bills should have known #4 was going to be the best?

No. I'm just saying go in knowing it's not necessarily going to be the magic bullet. If we do pick someone high, don't freak out if they aren't perfect right off the bat. if they move on from Taylor and start the rookie, don't lose your minds if we go 4-12. And for heaven's sake, don't make judgments in OTA's!

You should add other to the choices as I think the only way this team drafts a franchise QB is simply not a very good team building strategy.  Yes, a franchise QB is necessary for a true winner, BUT its not sufficient in that a bad team with a franchise QB is still a bad team.

Ben Rosenberger brought Pitt an SB win, but he was the essential added piece to a very good Steelers team. 

The Bills will build a winner by using the multiple early draft picks to get the multiple solid players needed to make this a good team that a franchise QB turns into great players and puts over the top.  Adding the 2018 version of Andrew Luck makes the Bills Indy. 

1 hour ago, the skycap said:

Lamar Jackson would be TT V2 with a higher ceiling. 

The future of the QB in the NFL is a QB with the ability to throw from the pocket and have the wheels to get away from pressure. There is no QB coming out better than Lamar Jackson in doing so. Provided he declares. 

People keep saying this yet...

I liked Clayton Thorson but he's returning to Northwestern for his senior season.

If we can’t grab Cousins then trade the house for Darnold.

Get a QB and we can fix the other issues. The Bills for years have neglected the QB position and that’s why we are where we are.

Get Cousins or Darnold. No excuses. Make it happen.

4 hours ago, KingRex said:

You should add other to the choices as I think the only way this team drafts a franchise QB is simply not a very good team building strategy.  Yes, a franchise QB is necessary for a true winner, BUT its not sufficient in that a bad team with a franchise QB is still a bad team.

Ben Rosenberger brought Pitt an SB win, but he was the essential added piece to a very good Steelers team. 

The Bills will build a winner by using the multiple early draft picks to get the multiple solid players needed to make this a good team that a franchise QB turns into great players and puts over the top.  Adding the 2018 version of Andrew Luck makes the Bills Indy. 

The Rams and Eagles were bad teams during Wentz's and Goff's rookie years.  Those two teams made changes and added talent in their sophomore years, and now are both playoff teams.

The sure way to blow this is to take the approach the the Browns took towards their QB.  Trade out of the opportunity to draft a franchise QB for more picks; target QBs with lesser talent later in the draft thinking they're good enough to get by; sign aging veterans to bridge the gap for a franchise QB who is never coming.

9 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

Going to cost a fortune in draft capital to move up and get him though.

I think you draft a tier 2 guy sign a Vet who fits the system and use the rest of the picks to get this team where it should be.

Who cares. Are LA and PHI worrying about what their cost was for Goff and Wentz

9 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

You can’t likely get Rosen or Darnold as the Browns and Giants will take them top 2. Indy at 3 is your first trade up option.

Browns and Giants both will sell the pick if the package is right

• Like (+1) 1

If the Bills don't have a shot at Darnold, Rosen or Mayfield I hope they stay put & draft best available. If a QB that has upside slips to them in the later rounds, cool, but DO NOT trade back up into the first & reach for a guy that you're not in love with just because there's nobody else left & you want a QB badly.

We tried that with JP Losman, after Manning, Rivers & Ben were taken.