the TT bashing is just so tiresome

stuvian

43 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Because it's an ignorant viewpoint?

In no frame of reference is Tyrod Taylor a "bad" NFL QB.

185 ypg = bad qb 

Take the L and move along ?

Which other good qbs can’t average 200 ypg?   You are embarrassing yourself with the homer goggles. 

Edited by Air it out Fitzy
  • Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Who said Taylor was "the guy"?

Lotta' room in between being "the guy" and being "a bad NFL QB".

Like to see your list of "the guys".

Mine goes like this:

Tom Brady

Aaron Rodgers

the end.

Everyone else ranges from scrub to "will ultimately lose to Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers when push comes to shove".

Why don't you frame the question this way- which NFL team will trade their starting QB for Tyrod?   Ignore injuries and contracts.  Just on pure playing abilities. 

Will the number of those willing teams be closer to 30 or to 2?

27 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Who said Taylor was "the guy"?

Lotta' room in between being "the guy" and being "a bad NFL QB".

Like to see your list of "the guys".

Mine goes like this:

Tom Brady

Aaron Rodgers

the end.

Everyone else ranges from scrub to "will ultimately lose to Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers when push comes to shove".

Challenge accepted:

1. Goff

2. Wentz

3. Brady

4. Garropollo

5. Roethlisberger

6. Rodgers

7. Rivers

8. Wilson

9. Watson

10. Cousins

11. Carr (Down year I know)

12. Prescott (down year — still reason to believe)

13. Winston

14. Mariota (again, down year)

that list is is in no particular order. 

Those are guys who can be called “the guy” and that’s not even including Mahomes and Trubisky who will probably make that list next year. 

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Air it out Fitzy said:

185 ypg = bad qb 

Take the L and move along ?

Which other good qbs can’t average 200 ypg?   You are embarrassing yourself with the homer goggles. 

I don’t even want Taylor after this year but your brain works in such narrow viewpoints that’s its downright impressive. 

15 hours ago, stuvian said:

Jameis Winston is also having a year in the TT range but no one calls for his scalp

If Winston was picked by the Bills #1 overall in the 2015 draft and we had a 4-11 record (5 straight losses) this board would be imploding!!!!!!!!

TB is picking 4th as of now.  If a possible great QB is there what makes anyone think they don't pick that QB.

Winston is on his last year of his rookie contract.

I'm not a TT basher at all, but I am done with him!

15 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Fans need a scape goat. It's just easy to blame the QB. 

Meanwhile those same fans excuse McDermott for passing on all QBs in last years draft before settling for Peterman in the 5th. 

He's not a scapegoat; he's simply mediocre.  If that's your thing, good luck.

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Because it's an ignorant viewpoint?

In no frame of reference is Tyrod Taylor a "bad" NFL QB.

The hyperbole speaks to your complete lack of touch with the rest of the NFL.

It's like the idiots on this board who rationalize that there was NO WAY the Bills could have possibly beaten the 3-6 Los Diegoles Chargers... in front of tens of their avid fans....coming off a long losing streak.........but it's a GODDAM travesty that they lost to the New England Patriots and New Orleans Saints......two of the top 4 teams in the NFL.:lol:

Lotta' you on this board totally nuking your football discussion-cred with your illogical tantrums against Tyrod.:lol:

But remember man they're Realists, Hard Truthers, and know better, cuz Yardage!

15 hours ago, stuvian said:

Look, I get that TT is not a franchise QB but that doesn`t mean he isn`t good enough for us to win. Does anyone really think we'd be better off with "playoff" QBs like Bortles, Mariota, Foles, Smith or Keenum? Another question to ask is whether we'd be playoff bound with Sammy and Dareus. Just finding the TT bashing very weak when its used as the sole reason we don`t advance. 

Buffalo is 32nd in passing yards per game.  'Nuff said.

• Thank you (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I don’t even want Taylor after this year but your brain works in such narrow viewpoints that’s its downright impressive. 

28 minutes ago, 34-78-83 said:

Let the TT apologists flag fly for one more week.     Get em in while you can ???.  

185 yards passing isn’t important because TT is god ??‍♂️

Edited by Air it out Fitzy

13 minutes ago, 34-78-83 said:

It's been quiet on the "yardage" front since Tyrod Taylor threw for 80 more yards than Tom Brady yesterday.:lol:

Moving goal posts are awesome!

This board is full of damsels in distress looking for their QB to save them from every other problem/inefficiency in the Bills organization.

As a fan, focus on things you SHOULD EXPECT the team to easily fix.........better gameday coaching,  game planning, second half adjustments, situational football........and getting better on both sides of the LOS thru coaching and wise personnel decisions.......and getting more playmakers to compete in a "matchup" league!

These are all things that EVERY FAN should be able to expect their organization to be doing.

Quarterback greatness is a different story..........there are far too few of those to go around to EXPECT results.......always be trying to get that guy but do the best you can with what you've got.   Bills did not attempt to do that with Tyrod this season.

Getting "great" at QB is a necessity for long term winning.....but to paraphrase McD "this franchise hasn't earned the right" to expect to leapfrog from also-ran to being able to surpass the best team in the NFL or beat them in meaningful games in their building. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Air it out Fitzy said:

Let the TT apologists flag fly for one more week.     Get em in while you can ???.  

You're all the same. You call the people on the board who are actually in line with reality - (to sum it up yet one more time - Is our QB good enough? No. Is he the best thing we've got for the last 3 years and quite likely the last 18? Yes) TT apologists. You reply to a single line of an entire train of thought or discussion. Reading comprehension is a lost art and so is watching the rest of the league apparently.

Just now, 34-78-83 said:

You're all the same. You call the people on the board who are actually in line with reality - (to sum it up yet one more time - Is our QB good enough? No. Is he the best thing we've got for the last 3 years and quite likely the last 18? Yes) TT apologists. You reply to a single line of an entire train of thought or discussion. Reading comprehension is a lost art and so is watching the rest of the league apparently.

The rest of the league passes the ball.  75% of the other qbs do it better iirc. 

I’m sorry you bought into 5.    It was a poor decision. 

16 hours ago, stuvian said:

Look, I get that TT is not a franchise QB but that doesn`t mean he isn`t good enough for us to win. Does anyone really think we'd be better off with "playoff" QBs like Bortles, Mariota, Foles, Smith or Keenum? Another question to ask is whether we'd be playoff bound with Sammy and Dareus. Just finding the TT bashing very weak when its used as the sole reason we don`t advance. 

If you think that Tyrod is good enough to win then there is no help for you man... All those QB's you mentioned are better than Tyrod, all of them and they aren't throwing to HOF WR either. He can't win a meaningful game, lets see if he blows it against the Dolphins also, this guy is just bad with the game or anything of meaning is on the line. The game totally changed when Tyrod took that terrible sack for 15 yards. 

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Air it out Fitzy said:

185 yards passing isn’t important because TT is god ??‍♂️

Right. I can see how you came to that conclusion from what I said. Good talk, bruh. 

15 minutes ago, 34-78-83 said:

Fitzy is honestly just.... the worst. 

A real class act. 

29 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

It's been quiet on the "yardage" front since Tyrod Taylor threw for 80 more yards than Tom Brady yesterday.:lol:

Moving goal posts are awesome!

This board is full of damsels in distress looking for their QB to save them from every other problem/inefficiency in the Bills organization.

As a fan, focus on things you SHOULD EXPECT the team to easily fix.........better gameday coaching,  game planning, second half adjustments, situational football........and getting better on both sides of the LOS thru coaching and wise personnel decisions.......and getting more playmakers to compete in a "matchup" league!

These are all things that EVERY FAN should be able to expect their organization to be doing.

Quarterback greatness is a different story..........there are far too few of those to go around to EXPECT results.......always be trying to get that guy but do the best you can with what you've got.   Bills did not attempt to do that with Tyrod this season.

Getting "great" at QB is a necessity for long term winning.....but to paraphrase McD "this franchise hasn't earned the right" to expect to leapfrog from also-ran to being able to surpass the best team in the NFL or beat them in meaningful games in their building. 

Oh my god........

10 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

Does everyone forget TT's 2 previous games 56yds and 65 yds might be ok for one quarter but not for four :( 

How could we possibly forget? :lol:

8 hours ago, xRUSHx said:

Why do some fans hate the field goals. Levy would always take the field goal when he had to because you always take the points unless it's the end of the game you always take the more sure points and I agree with him.

Tony Romo said the same thing. "People say you wanna get TDs,but really you wanna get points". However, against the Patsies** its different.

3 hours ago, GG said:

Why don't you frame the question this way- which NFL team will trade their starting QB for Tyrod?   Ignore injuries and contracts.  Just on pure playing abilities. 

Will the number of those willing teams be closer to 30 or to 2?

How many times to I have to tell you to DO YOUR OWN WORK if you think it's important. :doh:  

If you are a HC in a make or break year do you want Tyrod Taylor, Jay Cutler or the inevitably injured Josh McCown as your starting QB?

And that's just the other starting QB's in YOUR division.

When it comes to trading for QB's you get into contracts etc.........I'm sure the Ravens would GLADLY trade Flacco for Taylor if they could get out from under Flacco's contract.

And a lot of teams would think twice about giving up on their unproven young QB in exchange for a "franchise QB" like Matt Stafford who has shown he can put up HOF numbers but will be entering his 10th season as the Lions QB with a career record well south of .500.

Lotta' ways you can look at it...........bottom line.......Taylor is a middle of the league QB.........his production teeters either way depending on his supporting cast.

Are you talking about Joe Flacco, the Ravens QB whose turnaround since the benching is the only thing responsible for the team being in the playoff hunt?   Can you say the same about Tyrod since San Diego?

Btw, if Ravens make the playoffs, Bischiotti gets a nice return on that contract.  

19 hours ago, stuvian said:

Are those really the ONLY playoff QBs. Oooo yeah conveniently leave out the likes of Ryan, Cam, Ben, Brees, Brady, Goff, Wentz, Flacco

36 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Are those really the ONLY playoff QBs. Oooo yeah conveniently leave out the likes of Ryan, Cam, Ben, Brees, Brady, Goff, Wentz, Flacco

Well Flacco could be tossed into the lot he mentioned. 

He’s so very pedestrian. But I’m just being nit picky. I get the point. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

11 hours ago, McNubbins said:

TT is definitely held to a higher standard by people on this board.  

How exactly?

People throw this racially-tinged line around quite a bit -- Taylor himself said so, too -- and I'm still a bit confused by what exactly this "higher standard" is. 

Can you be more specific? Is it unfair and racist to want Taylor to maybe hit a receiver in stride once in a while? Is it unfair and racist to criticize an NFL QB in his third full season for not scoring more than a single FG in multiple games this year? 

What exactly is the "lower standard" for white QBs (as I assume you are implying)? 

8 hours ago, 34-78-83 said:

It really just comes down to putting someone on the field that is better. Until the Bills are legitimately able to start a quarterback that they acquire via ANY means that is better than TT, then he should be playing for them since he is the best qb we've had here in the drought, minus part of a season with an aging Bledsoe. Not sure why this concept escapes so many folks. You can B word about him all you like but until that occurs you are wasting your energy. The man has established flaws and also benefits he brings. There is no drawback to having him play until the future qb is ready. I hope that it's via the draft, but whatever they go with is fine, as long as they do make it a priority.

You could make very strong arguments for both Fitz & Kyle Orton being better QBs than Taylor. 

20 hours ago, stuvian said:

What is tiresome is having the worst passing offense in the NFL.

32nd

• Like (+1) 2

23 hours ago, Jackington said:

Lewis ran all over the D. That was a bigger problem than Tyrod this week. Im tired of it. Tyrod was bad in about 25% of the games this year. Hard to get better than him, easier to get worse.

You would think the Peterman game proved that, but no...

Up until the Jets and New Orleans game I was in favor of bringing him back next year and using all the draft picks and free agency to surround him with talent.  But after watching those games, realized it's time to give up.  You're probably correct TT was only bad in 25% of the games, but in the other 75% he was never good either.  He just wasn't the main reason for the loss, but did nothing to help pull out a win either.

I also would agree that's it's hard in fact very hard to find a franchise QB, but not that hard to get better at QB.  Maybe not super bowl winning better, but better.  And then if you go back to my comment about using all the draft picks and FA to get better overall talent, you could likely win with just a little better QB play.

IMO TT has two main problems, holding onto the ball too long and accuracy.  If he just had one of those problems,  I do believe he'd be OK as QB and could get team into playoff and would likely agree with your statement that it's hard to get better than him.  But with both those problems, no not hard to get better by a noticeable amount, maybe not Tom Brady better, but still better.

23 hours ago, fridge said:

Blows my mind that people don't understand why we are bashing Tyrod.

We're not saying he's the worst ever or anything outrageous. We're simply  saying that his limitations are really escalated when you're losing late in the game. It gets annoying needing a perfect defense and the moons to align just right to win every game. It would be nice to have a QB bail us out every now and then.

this!  

I think it is possible for a team to make the playoffs with Tyrod as their QB if they have enough talent and experience throughout the rest of the team.  I don't think that is enough of a reason to not try and upgrade if you can.  I don't really think a team could make a deep playoff run with Tyrod at QB.

23 hours ago, stuvian said:

Yes, it does mean he's not good enough for the Bills to win.  That's the whole !@#$ing point and that's why he keeps getting bashed.   Because people keep insinuating that he's good enough.  He's not.  

Yes we would be better off with Bortles, Mariota, Foles, Smith or Keenum.  And no, we would not be playoff bound with Sammy and his incredible 600 yard season (on the best offense in football) or Dareus sitting on the bench more than 1/2 the time.

• Like (+1) 4

15 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

I think it is possible for a team to make the playoffs with Tyrod as their QB if they have enough talent and experience throughout the rest of the team.  I don't think that is enough of a reason to not try and upgrade if you can.  I don't really think a team could make a deep playoff run with Tyrod at QB.

Totally agree.

9 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Yes, it does mean he's not good enough for the Bills to win.  That's the whole !@#$ing point and that's why he keeps getting bashed.   Because people keep insinuating that he's good enough.  He's not.  

Yes we would be better off with Bortles, Mariota, Foles, Smith or Keenum.  And no, we would not be playoff bound with Sammy and his incredible 600 yard season (on the best offense in football) or Dareus sitting on the bench more than 1/2 the time.

Are you saying that you would have embraced Bortles, Foles, Keenum as your starting QB at this time last year or just basing it on their teams (and their own) success this year? 

Well the good news is coming training camp 2018 I dont think the TT debate will be much of a topic, so the suffering by some can end.      I seem to remember Fitzy having the awesome  receving corp of Stevie groin stupid play Johnson, Kamar Aiken,  David Nelson,  Roosevelt.....Scott Chandler.     Talk about weapons.    

On 12/25/2017 at 1:40 PM, ScottLaw said:

Fans need a scape goat. It's just easy to blame the QB. 

Meanwhile those same fans excuse McDermott for passing on all QBs in last years draft before settling for Peterman in the 5th. 

Yeah, shocking to see fans excusing McDermott for not picking DeShone Kizer, Davis Webb, CJ Beathard, or Joshua Dobbs. Boy, it just makes my blood boil when I think  .... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Ah, nice little nap. 

And yeah it's easy to blame the QB when he's not playing below average, which is consistently the case with Tyrod. 

Most fans are highly aware that Tyrod isn't the only cause. Your post and the OP are basically straw men. Almost nobody blames the whole season on Tyrod. It's obvious to everyone that this team has a lot of problems. But yeah, Tyrod is one of them.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

Okay, make one for Fitz. B-)

3000 yards in 13 games in 2010, 3800 yards in 2011. Averaged 230 per game in 2010 & 2011. Had 7 300+ yard passing days in 4 years. 

Brought the Bills back from down 21-0 against the Patriots, threw for 369 yards and 2 TDs in that game. 

However, he did have a LOADED WR corps of Stevie Johnson, Donald Jones, Brad Smith, David Nelson, and Naaman Roosevelt. Also, Scott Chandler at TE. 

Imagine if Tyrod had weapons like THAT. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

15 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

13 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

How many times to I have to tell you to DO YOUR OWN WORK if you think it's important. :doh:  

If you are a HC in a make or break year do you want Tyrod Taylor, Jay Cutler or the inevitably injured Josh McCown as your starting QB?

And that's just the other starting QB's in YOUR division.

When it comes to trading for QB's you get into contracts etc.........I'm sure the Ravens would GLADLY trade Flacco for Taylor if they could get out from under Flacco's contract.

And a lot of teams would think twice about giving up on their unproven young QB in exchange for a "franchise QB" like Matt Stafford who has shown he can put up HOF numbers but will be entering his 10th season as the Lions QB with a career record well south of .500.

Lotta' ways you can look at it...........bottom line.......Taylor is a middle of the league QB.........his production teeters either way depending on his supporting cast.

He's a below-the-middle of the league QB. Somewhere around 20th. And in that range, teams are unanimously looking to upgrade except if their guy is extremely early in his career and thus might still see a light come on. Everybody's production teeters either way based on their supporting casts. But Tyrod is still below average. He's a guy who can maybe get you to a playoff game with a good supporting cast or a bad group of competitors for the AFC wild card spots. 

But who cares? Plenty of QBs are good enough to get you a wild card spot when surrounded by good players. Last year Osweiler and Savage managed it with the Texans, Tannehill and Moore with the Dolphins. In 2015, Hoyer, Mallett, Yates and Weeden got the Texans in. And Bridgewater got the Vikes there too (he's young enough that I still have some hopes, actually). In 2014, Drew Stanton started nine games for the Cards and got them into the playoffs. The same year Newton, still not a sure thing and managing only an 82.4 passer rating that year, got the Panthers in with a 7-8-1 record.

Any Lombardi trophies in that group? Leading a team to a one-and-done in the playoffs is less of a big deal than most Bills fans are remembering.

As for Taylor vs. Cutler vs. McCown? If healthy, McCown. Higher ceiling. Assuming Josh would be injured, it's a tossup, sad to say. If I'm a coach in a make or break year with Tyrod or Cutler as my QB I"m saying - with justification - to my management, "Hey, look at who I have at QB here. What do you expect?"

• Like (+1) 3

18 minutes ago, twoandfourteen said:

3000 yards in 13 games in 2010, 3800 yards in 2011. Averaged 230 per game in 2010 & 2011. Had 7 300+ yard passing days in 4 years. 

Brought the Bills back from down 21-0 against the Patriots, threw for 369 yards and 2 TDs in that game. 

However, he did have a LOADED WR corps of Stevie Johnson, Donald Jones, Brad Smith, David Nelson, and Naaman Roosevelt. Also, Scott Chandler at TE. 

Goes to show how much better of a QB Fitz was, too bad he couldn't protect the ball well enough. Imagine if Fitz had the weapons Tyrod has/had. Too bad for Fitz he had better weapons with solid Ds on two other teams after he left and still showed to be not good enough just like Tyrod will do when gone. Just not good enough regardless of who is there to help.IMO

Edited by xRUSHx

31 minutes ago, twoandfourteen said:

3000 yards in 13 games in 2010 (and 23 TDs and 15 INTs), 3800 yards in 2011 (and 24 TDs and 23 INTs. That's not a typo. Twenty-three INTs.) Averaged 230 per game in 2010 & 2011 (and averaged 19.5 INTs in the same time period). Had 7 300+ yard passing days (and 64 INTs) in 4 years. 

Please. 

I inserted the bold text in your post above.

Fitzy's in Tyrod's neighborhood. Both below average. Both tempting enough to make coaches think they can fix him and thus getting chances (I'm assuming in Tyrod's case) when better options aren't available.

But Tyrod's better than Fitzy. That's not saying much.

Edited by Thurman#1

22 minutes ago, twoandfourteen said:

Boom. Who knew a high wonderlic meant something?

1 minute ago, Thurman#1 said:

Please. 

I inserted the bold text in your post above.

Fitzy's in Tyrod's neighborhood. Both below average. Both tempting enough to make coaches think they can fix him and thus getting chances (I'm assuming in Tyrod's case) when better options aren't available.

But Tyrod's better than Fitzy. That's not saying much.

lol, that will happen occasionally....WHEN YOU THROW THE !@#$ING BALL IN THE VICINITY OF A RECEIVER