Ignore the noise, THIS is THE game that matters to the Bills Sunday

PromoTheRobot

Chargers at Jets! That's the game our playoff chances ride on. If the Chargers lose, even if the Bills lose to the Patriots, all they need to do is beat Miami in the season finale and the Jags to beat the Titans and they are in.

Even with McCown out, the Jets still have a strong D and decent run game. Plus the Chargers travel east in what will hopefully be cold, sloppy weather. I think the Jets have a shot.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DollaBills said:

I know its fun to fantasize about scenarios but none of that matters if we dont take care of business. If the Bills win out they are in no matter what, I'd rather we get hot than get the pity nod in week 17 at 4pm

Not quite true. They would still be out if the Titans and Ravens win out as well

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, DollaBills said:

I know its fun to fantasize about scenarios but none of that matters if we dont take care of business. If the Bills win out they are in no matter what, I'd rather we get hot than get the pity nod in week 17 at 4pm

Completely understandable but we also have to be a little realistic.  We just got trounced by them on our own field...that's making me look to other teams for a little help

1 minute ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

my head hurts...but i would love to see it work out the Promo suggests.

My absolute druthers?

Bills:     10-6

LA:          7-9

Balt:        8-8

Titans:    8-8

psst  LAC 

I think its too late for the LA Rams to get only 7 wins ;);)

It might be the best chance for an upset, but it's not the most important game this weekend. That would go to the Colts/Ravens game on Saturday. If the Colts win that game, no matter what else happens, the Bills get in with a win vs. the Dolphins.

Even if the Jets beat the Chargers other things would keep the Bills out of the post season unless the Bills win out. Sure, they might not be that likely (the Titans would have to beat the Jags) but the possibility is still here.

In fact, if the Colts manage to beat the Ravens the Bills would get the 5th seed with a win vs. the Phins and a Jags win vs. the Titans.

Edited by MDH

48 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Chargers at Jets! That's the game our playoff chances ride on. If the Chargers lose, even if the Bills lose to the Patriots, all they need to do is beat Miami in the season finale and the Jags to beat the Titans and they are in.

Even with McCown out, the Jets still have a strong D and decent run game. Plus the Chargers travel east in what will hopefully be cold, sloppy weather. I think the Jets have a shot.

Week 16:

Bills lose to Pats

Jets beat Chargers

Week 17:

Bills beat Dolphins

AND

Cinci beats Ravens

OR

Jags beat Titans

Therefore, the most important game is Colts over Ravens.  If that happens and the Bills beat the Dolphins, then Bills are in if any of the following happen:

Week 16: Jets over Chargers

Week 17:

Ravens over Bengals

Jags over Titans

Raiders over Chargers

Recipe for a new thread:  Take some old news, add a teaspoon of opinion, stir well.  Then put it out there like this is some incredible revelation.  Anyone who has been following the playoff chase for the Bills pretty much knows that should the Bills win the last two games, the odds of being a wild card team shoot up to 90% or better.  Conversely, if the Bills lose the last 2 games the odds of making the playoffs drops to under 10%.  Ah, but win one more game makes it tricky.  Yes, the Chargers are the key.  Baltimore is in all likelihood going to win their last two, which puts them in.  It's also pretty certain that Tennessee has a pair of losses in their immediate future.   Having beaten the Chargers, the Chiefs have to be favored to win their division.  That leaves the Chargers at 7-7 with 2 winnable games remaining and owning the tiebreaker over Buffalo.  Yeah, there might be another more exotic way to sneak in to the playoffs, but the best odds have to do with the Chargers losing one of those last two games.  Next Sunday is their Jets game and the Jets are at home.  The following Sunday, the Chargers host the Raiders.  That means the best odds for a Chargers loss comes at the hands of the Jets.  I'm with you there, OP.  The fly in the ointment is the fact that Todd Bowles has apparently decided to give Bryce Petty a three game audition to see if he might be the Jets starter next year.  Petty did a couple of nice things in the last game, but at this point, Josh McCown is clearly the better QB, and he will be riding the pine.  I would love to see the Jets win, and the Bills beat the Patriots for that matter, but the odds favor Buffalo having to wait it out and bite their nails as we await week 17

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DollaBills said:

^^^^^ Amen.  If the Bills want to be “real” the road to get there goes through Foxboro

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Max Fischer said:

One interesting thing:  Bills want the Dolphins to lose to the Chiefs.  A Miami win can only hurt the Bills' chances. 

I’ll take my chances. I’d still love to see the Chargers win that division.

Edited by Binghamton Beast

sad sack jets only shock the bills, if the bills didnt lose to these scrubs

they would be in the playoffs, they aint gonna help the bills, look for them

to get their doors blown in 47-3

only chance the bills have is beating the patriots and we all know that is not

gonna happen, the rest of those scenarios are BS

Edited by Albwan

2 hours ago, DollaBills said:

True but I also think the Jets beating LA at home is a lot more realistic than the Bills going to foxboro and winning 

Chargers disappointed against the Chiefs but I still think they are very good and definitely not losing their last 2 games against the Raiders and Jets.

Bills should have taken care of business against the same pathetic Jets team (and even more pathetic Bengals team) and they might just be in the tourney without relying on crazy tie breaker scenarios and good teams blowing games against inferior opponents.

So how then did Bryce Petty and the Jets almost beat the saints at the Superdome last week. That game went right down to the end. I would say the Jets at home vs the chargers stand a 50/50 chance of Winning that game. Jets play hard for there coach. So don’t count them out just yet. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, TigerJ said:

Recipe for a new thread:  Take some old news, add a teaspoon of opinion, stir well.  Then put it out there like this is some incredible revelation.  Anyone who has been following the playoff chase for the Bills pretty much knows that should the Bills win the last two games, the odds of being a wild card team shoot up to 90% or better.  Conversely, if the Bills lose the last 2 games the odds of making the playoffs drops to under 10%.  Ah, but win one more game makes it tricky.  Yes, the Chargers are the key.  Baltimore is in all likelihood going to win their last two, which puts them in.  It's also pretty certain that Tennessee has a pair of losses in their immediate future.   Having beaten the Chargers, the Chiefs have to be favored to win their division.  That leaves the Chargers at 7-7 with 2 winnable games remaining and owning the tiebreaker over Buffalo.  Yeah, there might be another more exotic way to sneak in to the playoffs, but the best odds have to do with the Chargers losing one of those last two games.  Next Sunday is their Jets game and the Jets are at home.  The following Sunday, the Chargers host the Raiders.  That means the best odds for a Chargers loss comes at the hands of the Jets.  I'm with you there, OP.  The fly in the ointment is the fact that Todd Bowles has apparently decided to give Bryce Petty a three game audition to see if he might be the Jets starter next year.  Petty did a couple of nice things in the last game, but at this point, Josh McCown is clearly the better QB, and he will be riding the pine.  I would love to see the Jets win, and the Bills beat the Patriots for that matter, but the odds favor Buffalo having to wait it out and bite their nails as we await week 17

96%, I believe, to be exact, if Buffalo wins out.

3 hours ago, DollaBills said:

Yeah, it would be hard living with ourselves if we “backed in” to the playoffs. 

Some fans of teams that did that actually committed suicide. 

3 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Looks that way. I think that the Jets are fully capable of beating the Chargers. I don't get that 7 point spread at all...Jets at home, big underdogs, LA Chargers are coming from the west coast and playing at 1pm, Bowles has this team playing tough football nearly every single week, their WR Anderson is really good, they've got that rookie safety Jamal Adams who's playing very well, Petty hopefully got all the rust shaked off last week against the Saints. I think the Jets will be playing very hard, I'm sure players don't like being dissed by that big point spread at home.

I even think that the Pats 12 point spread will serve as extra motivation for the 8-6 Bills players. You know that McDermott will remind them how much that's considered a slap in the face.

Edited by 1billsfan

5 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Chargers gonna Charger