Bills to Renovate New Era Field Premium Areas this Offseason

26CornerBlitz

Just now, BillnutinHouston said:

Yes, look at the area around The Cap.  You have a Texas Hots place, the Stadium Inn, and a Tim Hortons.  If all that doesn't say "boomtown" I don't know what does.  

Well put.  Remember during the 1990s lease negotiation when Dennis gorski thought the stadium would attract hotels?  Obviously never happened.  

And retail around a new stadium is a pipe dream.  Check out the amazon ticker price.  Retail is dead.  Maybe a stadium district will support a few bars and restaurants, but the idea of a buffalo version of patriot place is fantasy.  

2 hours ago, Dunkirk Don said:

Here is your logic. A billionaire who made his money  investing money into his business to make more money recently makes a small investment into an assest and because of this he will not make a future investment in a new stadium that will generate millions of dollars in revenue because he made a small investment six years ago.  He would not be a billionaire today with your thinking would he.   The stadium information I have shared is accurate period

Make fun all you want I would buy land in Lancaster 

He didn't become a billionaire by building stadiums in Buffalo NY.

As a business proposition, wouldn't it make more sense for him to buff up the current stadium every now and then---rather than take on large debt to bring a superfluous stadium that, in that town, isn't likely to generate, magically, massive new revenue streams?  Are innumerable corporate sponsors NOT buying or paying top dollar for suites because they want to pay even more down the road in a new stadium?

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, pimp on da' net said:

Re-arranging the chairs on the Titanic...I would prefer Kim & Terry put that money towards  a new stadium district, ala Patriot Place, in downtown Buffalo.

I'd rather they leave it where it is away from the pimps.

2 hours ago, K-9 said:

Per the bold text, can you refer me to the clause in the purchase agreement that stipulates this condition? The only clause I can recall that had anything to do with an imposed time frame was the one pertaining to relocation which stipulated that the team couldn't relocate before the lease expired in 2023. I recall no such condition imposed for building a new stadium. 

It appears to be a made up statement with no basis in fact.

5 hours ago, Dunkirk Don said:

The improvements change nothing regarding the new stadium

Really?  You don’t say.  

Here is a HUGE CLUE. 

There has been talk of a new stadium like forever.  

Your breaking news is years old.  

Welcome to the simple minded club.  

Why the double double? 

Slip a byte somewhere? 

6 hours ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Maybe its the first step towards a retro fit

I think there is a strong possibility of this.

I am a big advocate of a dome stadium but I don’t see that ever happening. The Pegula’s also own the Buffalo Sabres. The Pegula’s are also heavy into hockey, in general. A domed stadium won’t be able to host an outdoor hockey game.

A new stadium won’t be just about the Bills. Though they don’t happen often the Pegula’s aren’t going to forfeit the chance to host outdoor hockey.

3 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

I think there is a strong possibility of this.

I am a big advocate of a dome stadium but I don’t see that ever happening. The Pegula’s also own the Buffalo Sabres. The Pegula’s are also heavy into hockey, in general. A domed stadium won’t be able to host an outdoor hockey game.

A new stadium won’t be just about the Bills. Though they don’t happen often the Pegula’s aren’t going to forfeit the chance to host outdoor hockey.

But a retractable roof stadium sure can. Besides, do you let one hockey game in 10-20 years decide where your football team plays? Maybe they can leave New Era Field standing for future outdoor hockey games.

Here is your logic. A billionaire who made his money  investing money into his business to make more money recently makes a small investment into an assest and because of this he will not make a future investment in a new stadium that will generate millions of dollars in revenue because he made a small investment six years ago.  He would not be a billionaire today with your thinking would he.   The stadium information I have shared is accurate period

Why would you buy land in Lancaster if the land has already been purchased?

You are so easy to see through it isn’t funny. You don’t have a clue.

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

But a retractable roof stadium sure can. Besides, do you let one hockey game in 10-20 years decide where your football team plays? Maybe they can leave New Era Field standing for future outdoor hockey games.

I am not positive but I believe retractable roofs have to be shut once cold weather sets in. By shut, I mean for months.

Stop taking credit for my breaking info.  The stadium is going in my town, and I've known about it for months now.  Follow the money Deep Throat!

5 minutes ago, Lancaster Lenny said:

Stop taking credit for my breaking info.  The stadium is going in my town, and I've known about it for months now.  Follow the money Deep Throat!

Dunkirk Don Vs Lancaster Lenny

all we need is Cheektowaga Charlie in here and Depew Dave

Maybe Amherst Alan 

Edited by Buffalo716

2 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Why would you buy land in Lancaster if the land has already been purchased?

You are so easy to see through it isn’t funny. You don’t have a clue.

I am not positive but I believe retractable roofs have to be shut once cold weather sets in. By shut, I mean for months.

I find it hard to believe that the Pegulas want to build in Lancaster when they are developing their own downtown district. Makes zero sense. They will either build in Pegulaville or retrofit NEF.

1 hour ago, RiotAct said:

Lockport Lou

Getzville Gary

Medina Mike

Sloan Stash

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, K-9 said:

Per the bold text, can you refer me to the clause in the purchase agreement that stipulates this condition? The only clause I can recall that had anything to do with an imposed time frame was the one pertaining to relocation which stipulated that the team couldn't relocate before the lease expired in 2023. I recall no such condition imposed for building a new stadium. 

That's the only clause I could find, too. 

Why would Ralph or Mary Wilson put that clause in the sale contract?  To make the team harder to sell, and to make sure less people were interested in bidding? 

It would only make sense if it were to keep the team in Buffalo. But If that were the case and there was a clause to build a stadium in WNY, Bon Jovi and the Toronto group wouldn't have even made a bid. And they wouldn't have had to try and convince Mary Wilson that they weren't going to move the team (like they tried) because it wouldn't have been possible. 

Im not even sure that Ralph Wilson could stipulate that a new owner has to build a stadium 8 years after purchasing the team. That just sounds totally ridiculous to me. 

The way I understand it, Ralph did everything he could to deter the team from moving with that iron clad lease at Ralph Wilson that he signed while he was still owner. Other than that, and dictating/asking to his wife not to sell the team to someone who would move them, there wasn't much else he could do to keep the team here. Once the sale is made it's all up to the new owner. I don't see how you could dictate to a new owner what he is and isn't able to do with his team. What would be the point in purchasing it then? 

11 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Edited by BillsFan4

On 12/16/2017 at 9:58 PM, PromoTheRobot said:

I find it hard to believe that the Pegulas want to build in Lancaster when they are developing their own downtown district. Makes zero sense. They will either build in Pegulaville or retrofit NEF.

Sloan Stash

Stash is spelled Stas

Get it right.   What kind of polak are you?

On 12/16/2017 at 10:40 AM, Gugny said:

From the article:

The main objectives of the renovation are to improve overall traffic flow within the clubs, provide a more efficient way for club seat members to congregate with family and friends while still offering all the amenities the indoor seating area provides when fans in the sideline club seats come inside during breaks in the action.

I wonder if the sales of these sections' season tickets are down.  Also, are these more, or less, expensive than other clubs?

Buy and find out. ????☹️?????

3 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

Love it now Pegs can lean on the we just upgraded excuse to Jerry and the other owners for another decade.  We don't need and can't afford a new $1.5B stadium especially while the NFL is retracting as a business. 

I'd be curious to see total attendance for the NFL in the last 5 years and see if it is trending down as much as we are told. Does the NFL have a number which would accurately reflect attendance and not just tickets sold?

3 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

I'd be curious to see total attendance for the NFL in the last 5 years and see if it is trending down as much as we are told. Does the NFL have a number which would accurately reflect attendance and not just tickets sold?

That's a great question and one that I can't find the answer to via the google.

However, as far as the attendance stats that ARE shared go (based on tickets sold), teams are averaging 97% capacity. 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/attendance/_/sort/homePct

On 12/16/2017 at 1:57 PM, Dunkirk Don said:

It was a condition in the bid process the new owner had to build new stadium when lease is up. 

This is not true unless that information was withheld at the time.

You will need to prove this for me to believe it. Because I watched that sale closely and there was nothing about being required to build a stadium.

Also it would be very odd don't you think? You buy a used boat and the sale agreement requires that you must build a new dock for it ten years?

31 minutes ago, PolishDave said:

Stash is spelled Stas

Get it right.   What kind of polak are you?

You know...you make it hard not to take advantage of the opening here buddy.

Fortunately I am above such things. And I need the contact about good polish grocery stores and single women in the area.

But there have to 1,500 old jokes to pick from when you ask "what kind of polak are you"? I deserve some kind of medal for letting this one go by.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 12/16/2017 at 11:04 AM, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Instead of building a new stadium, they should just put money into improving the physicsl structure of new era and make sure it will stay up for 50 more years. Then maybe because of the height of the top of the stadium in relation to the ground level, put some sort of cover over it. As long as it doesn’t fall down, we probably don’t need a new stadium.

There should not be a dome in Buffalo, period.  The NFL has sterilized it’s stadium experience and Buffalo remains one of the few outliers to this.  As a regular attendee at the cap and having seen other stadiums around the league I fail to understand why a new one is needed.  Fewer fans attend across the league and why would we assume anything different in Buffalo if they build some antiseptic dome?  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BuffaloBill said:

There should not be a dome in Buffalo, period.  The NFL has sterilized it’s stadium experience and Buffalo remains one of the few outliers to this.  As a regular attendee at the cap and having seen other stadiums around the league I fail to understand why a new one is needed.  Fewer fans attend across the league and why would we assume anything different in Buffalo if they build some antiseptic dome?  

A facility with a high dollar cost should be able to host year round events to maximize usage beyond 10 scheduled Bills' games per year.

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/16/2017 at 8:05 PM, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Tonowanda Tim used to post here but he's long gone, just like everything else in Tonowanda...

Went to Erie County fairgrounds for the winter festival and even the magician at the show knew residents got in wrong line to get brains.  His joke fortunately went over the head of the child volunteer fortunately.

On 12/19/2017 at 12:21 PM, 26CornerBlitz said:

A facility with a high dollar cost should be able to host year round events to maximize usage beyond 10 scheduled Bills' games per year.

But adding a dome would add costs (especially after snowfall collapses dome) and does nothing to help with transportation to event which with large amounts of snow becomes impossible.

4 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Went to Erie County fairgrounds for the winter festival and even the magician at the show knew residents got in wrong line to get brains.  His joke fortunately went over the head of the child volunteer fortunately.

But adding a dome would add costs (especially after snowfall collapses dome) and does nothing to help with transportation to event which with large amounts of snow becomes impossible.

Thus the call for a new facility downtown or certainly not in the Southtown areas. 

5 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

So you'd rather just keep hiring shovelers?