Reggie Bush Retires from the NFL

26CornerBlitz

Reggie Bush on NFL career: 'I'm done. For sure'

Prior to the season, Reggie Bush wanted one more shot at the league, saying on NFL Network he still felt like he had "a lot left to give" on the football field.

On Friday, the former New Orleans Saints first-round pick announced that dream is officially over.

Bush, in speaking with Dan Hellie and Maurice Jones-Drew on NFL Total Access, said his career has come to an end, despite him feeling like he could "still play right now at a high level."

"I'm done," Bush said. "Yeah, I'm done. I said it. It's not breaking news. I've been saying it. I said it all season long, I said, 'Listen, if I don't play this year, I'm going to retire.' Because I'm not going to spend a whole year off, come back, 33 years old, trying to get back in the league. Listen, once you get to a certain age as a running back, they just start to slowly weed you out."

33 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Biggest claim to fame was dating that Kardashian

Yes it is the same as negative yards.

Not sure why anyone would want to get into that. Sounds like a death wish medically and mentally speaking.

Edited by cba fan

11 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Reggie Bush on NFL career: 'I'm done. For sure'

Prior to the season, Reggie Bush wanted one more shot at the league, saying on NFL Network he still felt like he had "a lot left to give" on the football field.

On Friday, the former New Orleans Saints first-round pick announced that dream is officially over.

Bush, in speaking with Dan Hellie and Maurice Jones-Drew on NFL Total Access, said his career has come to an end, despite him feeling like he could "still play right now at a high level."

"I'm done," Bush said. "Yeah, I'm done. I said it. It's not breaking news. I've been saying it. I said it all season long, I said, 'Listen, if I don't play this year, I'm going to retire.' Because I'm not going to spend a whole year off, come back, 33 years old, trying to get back in the league. Listen, once you get to a certain age as a running back, they just start to slowly weed you out."

This is a guy whom I would have sworn was the next Gayle Sayers watching him run in college. He was the most electric player I had seen in a long time. He never came anywhere near close to living up to the hype. 

Just now, H2o said:

This is a guy whom I would have sworn was the next Gayle Sayers watching him run in college. He was the most electric player I had seen in a long time. He never came anywhere near close to living up to the hype. 

Had some good moments, but nothing like what was expected.  Casserly was correct in picking Mario Williams first overall instead of Bush. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Had some good moments, but nothing like what was expected.  Casserly was correct in picking Mario Williams first overall instead of Bush. 

I will go even further and say that he is a prime example of the reason RB's started to be devalued a bit as far as draft stock. There aren't too many RB's taken in the top 5, or the 1st Round for that matter, any more. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, H2o said:

I will go even further and say that he is a prime example of the reason RB's started to be devalued a bit as far as draft stock. There aren't too many RB's taken in the top 5, or the 1st Round for that matter, any more. 

Zeke Elliott is the recent exception as Saquon Barkley will likely be in the '18 draft, but guys like Kamara and Hunt say that there are plenty of good RBs beyond round 1 that represent much greater value. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Casserly absolutely got that pick right. Young, Leinart, Bush or Mario..... he picked the best player. 

NCAA investigation and lawsuits[edit]

In 2006, reports surfaced raising questions about whether Bush's family received gifts in violation of NCAA policies.[12][13][14] The school requested that the conference investigate the matter, and Bush denied any impropriety.

Sports agent Lloyd Lake sued Bush and his family in November 2007 for not repaying over $290,000 in gifts. Lake also agreed to cooperate with the NCAA.[15] In April 2009, the Los Angeles Times reported that the NCAA had merged its investigations of Bush and former USC basketball player O. J. Mayo into a single probe of the Trojans athletic programs.[16] On December 28, 2009, it was announced that Bush had lost his bid for confidential arbitration in this matter and that the case would proceed to trial.[17] The case was settled in April 2010.[18]

On June 10, 2010, the NCAA announced major sanctions against USC. The NCAA found that Bush had received lavish gifts from Lake and his partner, Michael Michaels, from at least December 2004 onward, including a limousine ride to the 2005 Heisman Trophy presentation. As a result, USC was given four years of probation and forced to vacate its last two wins of the 2004 season – including the 2005 Orange Bowl – as well as all of its wins in the 2005 season. The Trojans were also banned from bowl games in 2010 and 2011 and lost 30 scholarships over three years. Running backs coach Todd McNair was banned from off-campus recruiting for one year after the NCAA determined he had known about Bush's dealings with the agents. McNair sued the NCAA for damages related to his dismissal and the NCAA lost. The judge in the case found the NCAA conducted the USC investigation and that of McNair with "malice".[19] The NCAA also forced USC to permanently disassociate itself from Bush.[20][21]

The NCAA determined that, given Bush's high-profile status, USC should have invested more effort in monitoring Bush's relationships. In announcing the penalties, NCAA infractions committee chairman Paul Dee said, "High-profile players merit high-profile enforcement."[22]

On July 20, 2010, incoming USC president Max Nikias stated that the school would remove from its facilities all jerseys and murals displayed in Bush's honor, and would return the school's copy of Bush's Heisman Trophy.[23] On August 12, USA Today reported that Bush had called USC's new athletic director, Pat Haden, and apologized for making poor decisions that led to the NCAA sanctions.[24] However, in a subsequent report in the Los Angeles Times, Haden said that the characterization of Bush's call as an "apology" was incorrect; Haden described it as "a conversation of him being contrite, but not an apology", and he also noted that Bush had not admitted to any specific wrongful acts.[25]

Amidst reports that the Heisman Trophy Trust would strip his award,[26] Bush in September voluntarily forfeited his title as the 2005 winner.[1][2] The Heisman Trust decided to leave the award vacated with no new winner to be announced.[27] The San Diego Hall of Champions sports museum returned the copy of the award it possessed back to Bush's parents in 2011.[28] Bush eventually returned his trophy to the Heisman Trust in 2012.[

2 hours ago, Badthingsman said:

NCAA investigation and lawsuits[edit]

In 2006, reports surfaced raising questions about whether Bush's family received gifts in violation of NCAA policies.[12][13][14] The school requested that the conference investigate the matter, and Bush denied any impropriety.

Sports agent Lloyd Lake sued Bush and his family in November 2007 for not repaying over $290,000 in gifts. Lake also agreed to cooperate with the NCAA.[15] In April 2009, the Los Angeles Times reported that the NCAA had merged its investigations of Bush and former USC basketball player O. J. Mayo into a single probe of the Trojans athletic programs.[16] On December 28, 2009, it was announced that Bush had lost his bid for confidential arbitration in this matter and that the case would proceed to trial.[17] The case was settled in April 2010.[18]

On June 10, 2010, the NCAA announced major sanctions against USC. The NCAA found that Bush had received lavish gifts from Lake and his partner, Michael Michaels, from at least December 2004 onward, including a limousine ride to the 2005 Heisman Trophy presentation. As a result, USC was given four years of probation and forced to vacate its last two wins of the 2004 season – including the 2005 Orange Bowl – as well as all of its wins in the 2005 season. The Trojans were also banned from bowl games in 2010 and 2011 and lost 30 scholarships over three years. Running backs coach Todd McNair was banned from off-campus recruiting for one year after the NCAA determined he had known about Bush's dealings with the agents. McNair sued the NCAA for damages related to his dismissal and the NCAA lost. The judge in the case found the NCAA conducted the USC investigation and that of McNair with "malice".[19] The NCAA also forced USC to permanently disassociate itself from Bush.[20][21]

The NCAA determined that, given Bush's high-profile status, USC should have invested more effort in monitoring Bush's relationships. In announcing the penalties, NCAA infractions committee chairman Paul Dee said, "High-profile players merit high-profile enforcement."[22]

On July 20, 2010, incoming USC president Max Nikias stated that the school would remove from its facilities all jerseys and murals displayed in Bush's honor, and would return the school's copy of Bush's Heisman Trophy.[23] On August 12, USA Today reported that Bush had called USC's new athletic director, Pat Haden, and apologized for making poor decisions that led to the NCAA sanctions.[24] However, in a subsequent report in the Los Angeles Times, Haden said that the characterization of Bush's call as an "apology" was incorrect; Haden described it as "a conversation of him being contrite, but not an apology", and he also noted that Bush had not admitted to any specific wrongful acts.[25]

Amidst reports that the Heisman Trophy Trust would strip his award,[26] Bush in September voluntarily forfeited his title as the 2005 winner.[1][2] The Heisman Trust decided to leave the award vacated with no new winner to be announced.[27] The San Diego Hall of Champions sports museum returned the copy of the award it possessed back to Bush's parents in 2011.[28] Bush eventually returned his trophy to the Heisman Trust in 2012.[

Yeah how lucky was Pete Carroll that the Seahawks fired Jim Mora after just one year (a year in which the team record improved) to hire old Pete?  Poor Pete was SHOCKED at these nefarious activities.  SHOCKED and HURT.  Just like he's SHOCKED and HURT that any of his players would [insert law broken] or cheapshot other players on the field.  Poor Pete.  Poor Poor Pete. If everyone around him is a skunk, it's got nothing to do with him.

• Like (+1) 1