Tre White: "the whole hood want 'em (Gronk)"

CanadianFan

7 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

How about just get Brady instead? Just go to the knee late on the 1st play and then get up and point at gronk as if to say, blame that guy

As the Senior Bull said to the Young Bull who wanted ready to run down to the field and hit the prettiest one ( Brady). The Old and Wise Bull suggested. Walk down to the field and hit them all.

Every Bills player should make a day of it. A Day that goes down in infamy.

10 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Brokeback Molehill.

i think i have acid reflux again.

Maybe just some vomit?
and I want to punch something

Thanks Tom. I think..

7 minutes ago, Rico said:

Everyone's talking about going for his knees, but I think it would be a lot easier to just drag him down backwards by the face mask.

bend his arm brace backwards till it locks up.

Yep I have been thinking on this matter:wub:

7 minutes ago, KW95 said:

Some white guy that many posters were saying it was ok to do!

No one deserves what he got...but let your play do the talking!

was it White :o

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Have mentioned it before but from my perspective the “whole hood” was far away on the other sideline and didn’t even see what happened. The guys who were there reacted as much as they could without getting suspended themselves for fighting (Hughes and Poyer). Preston was the only one who saw it and did nothing but wave over the ref. Hyde was in the middle of his own fight with Amendola. If you want a bunch of our guys getting suspended too, I guess that’s your call. I don’t think it’s the same as hockey. We all know the Bills would get slammed by the league if they started fighting Gronk. Damned if you do damned if you don’t. I prefer going out the next game and make him pay on the field  for what he did, as legally as possible. 

Im into playing smart but with nothing left to lose - I wouldn’t have been that upset today if one of our guys missed a game for it too

3 hours ago, co_springs_billsfan said:

Image result for gronk idiot

I don't know why, but this seemed appropriate to post here...

23 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Brokeback Molehill.

On the next episode of Game of Thrones, Ramsay Bolton confesses his undying love to Hodor.

Edited by Wayne Arnold
  • Haha (+1) 1

I'd be upset to if I was sucker punched in the back of the head. I don't blame him for having something to say about it.

What can Tre really do? Just wait untill the next game and land some hard hits on Gronk to remind him he didn't forget. Nobody else is gonna do it for him.

It was on the NFL to send a message not the Bills or Tre White. Sadly the response was lackluster in my opinion. The whole situation becomes very different if they gave Gronk more then 1 game suspension. 

Edited by Lfod

18 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

The Bills have had very little unity over the years, and for good reason. Changing Coaching and seemingly directionless for decades (?)
if this is what it takes to spell TEAM in capital letters, then I am all for it !!

Go Bills.

ps When the Bills Secondary are on point they are swarming and hard hitting. That part of the season has been awesome honestly

One of the few positives I can take from this season is we somehow have a really good secondary out of nowhere.. it's not very deep, but seems like we can keep the 4 together for a long time on the cheap. Easily our best position group.

23 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

One of the few positives I can take from this season is we somehow have a really good secondary out of nowhere.. it's not very deep, but seems like we can keep the 4 together for a long time on the cheap. Easily our best position group.

Surprised many of us i think.
Depth will come next season. Don't need first rounders back there to ll fill it out. just some good scouting

I agree i would like to keep that group together for awhile. yes. even Leonard Johnson.

Just now, 3rdand12 said:

Surprised many of us i think.
Depth will come next season. Don't need first rounders back there to ll fill it out. just some good scouting

I agree i would like to keep that group together for awhile. yes. even Leonard Johnson.

I don't think anyone expected poyer and Gaines to be as good as they've been. I think Hyde and white were the only ones we were holding a to a high standard 

1 hour ago, Idandria said:

So how many times have the Bills played the fish since Landry ENDED Aaron Williams career? 

And have any Bills defensemen laid big hits into Landry when given the opportunity? I can’t think of 1 hit. 

The Bills let divisional opponents do what ever they want knowing full well they will face the Bills 2 times a year. You think Gronk or Landry is scared to face the Bills, having done what they done? They probably laugh about. 

Also, by any chance, did you watch MNF this past week, and did you see what Juju did to Burfict? That’s how you respond to a divisional opponent that purposely hurts your teammates.

I’m not saying start a brawl on the spot, but at least make your divisional opponents respect you, knowing that they will be facing you in the future.

Okay dude.  I get your point.  But taking cheap shots at any opponent is classless and counterproductive.  You know how to make you opponent afraid of playing you?  You play a sound, physical game, and you BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF THEM....on the scoreboard!

Get the hell out of here with the targeting cheap-shot nonsense.

36 minutes ago, Lfod said:

I'd be upset to if I was sucker punched in the back of the head. I don't blame him for having something to say about it.

What can Tre really do? Just wait untill the next game and land some hard hits on Gronk to remind him he didn't forget. Nobody else is gonna do it for him.

I wouldn't recommend that Tre do this at all. He is likely going to re-injure himself. Best to be like Deon Sanders - just defend don't tackle from now till next season.

9 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I don't think anyone expected poyer and Gaines to be as good as they've been. I think Hyde and white were the only ones we were holding a to a high standard 

well i honestly did not suspect Hyde coming from Green Bay was going to become the leader back there. Poyer has been outstanding. Whiteis a rookie and i never bet on rookie CBs : )
Gaines. excepting injuries has shone. and they ALL can tackle very hard and thoroughly .

Build on that Buffalo Bills.

4 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Okay dude.  I get your point.  But taking cheap shots at any opponent is classless and counterproductive.  You know how to make you opponent afraid of playing you?  You play a sound, physical game, and you BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF THEM....on the scoreboard!

Grinding and pounding on them for 60 minutes. Thats how you break em down. Game after game. all game.

Gotta be the mindset for success

keep eyes on a swivel and expect the worst though.

No cheap shots needed. Hear that Robert Gronkowski??

Everyone wants to go "old school" with retaliation. Get Gronk! Get Brady! What about "old school" teaching someone "the hard way,"  to not let his mouth write a check that his ass can't cash?

Double standard, I say.

Personally, I'm against both.

7 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Everyone wants to go "old school" with retaliation. Get Gronk! Get Brady! What about "old school" teaching someone "the hard way,"  to not let his mouth write a check that his ass can't cash?

Double standard, I say.

Personally, I'm against both.

so you were speaking about Tre ??

I never found it to be aggressive when in context.

Just now, 3rdand12 said:

so you were speaking about Tre ??

I never found it to be aggressive when in context.

Me, neither.  But I've been thinking about this "outrage" I'm seeing from so many fans.

Let's turn the tables.

Let's say Gronk talked **** before the game (something Patriots* never do, by the way).  Then put Gronk on the ground, defenseless.  Then have Tre White lay one on Gronk.

Tre White would INSTANTLY AND FOREVER be a cult hero on this site.  People would be saying, "yeah, Gronk .. talk **** next time and see what happens."

I guarantee it.

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

Me, neither.  But I've been thinking about this "outrage" I'm seeing from so many fans.

Let's turn the tables.

Let's say Gronk talked **** before the game (something Patriots* never do, by the way).  Then put Gronk on the ground, defenseless.  Then have Tre White lay one on Gronk.

Tre White would INSTANTLY AND FOREVER be a cult hero on this site.  People would be saying, "yeah, Gronk .. talk **** next time and see what happens."

I guarantee it.

Maybe to the idiots. I wouldn't be that impressed myself. 

Just now, Gugny said:

Nor would I.

This eye for an eye mentality represents the worst of our society, IMO.

Douchbaggery is sine qua non to the Patriots, so that stupid monkey's cheap shot pissed me off but really wasn't a surprise. The fact that he felt compelled to do it in a game they were up 20 in and to a rookie no less is just the icing on the entire New England franchise soggy biscuit. I just can't WAIT until Brady retires and that fanbase can stop pretending to give a crap about football and go back to basketball and baseball. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Woodman19 said:

While I hope we take the high road and win the game, it would be interesting to see fireworks lol. 

I hope we take the low road and win the game. I'm sick of this team being manhandled and pushed around. The whole bully thing Rex was building never came to fruition.

1 hour ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Steelers and Pats are the definition of classless. They are also two of the most consistently good franchises. Sometimes playing with an edge is what makes a team winners. Often that’s how you do beat the crap out of opponents. It’s not politically correct, and in today’s NFL no one wants to hear it, but it’s the reality. 

31 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Let's turn the tables.

I guarantee it.

I must be of the Few.

For me ?  Not CooL Ever  Anyone Period

One of the things i do like about McD football is the Team discipline. They need to toughen up. nothing more

32 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Nor would I.

This eye for an eye mentality represents the worst of our society, IMO.

well if was exactly and eye for an eye it would be fine actually. But is usually a seemingly unbalanced or unfair result.
Team should rally around each other. But within the confines of the rules. and that is my issue. the rules are not clear or consistent, and or the rule are not effectively enforced consistently

Been a lot of talk about the Gronk incident.

Proper retribution here is to hit him in a knee with an intent to injure, and actually injure him so he is out for the NE playoff run.

That is a proper punishment.

If I was BB, I would sit Gronk in the Bills game.

Regarding the OP:  I was hoping "the hood" meant guys all around the league; if it just means the Bills, that is disappointing.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Proper retribution here is to hit him in a knee with an intent to injure, and actually injure him so he is out for the NE playoff run.

Regarding the OP:  I was hoping "the hood" meant guys all around the league; if it just means the Bills, that is disappointing.

This is barbaric.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

If BB sits Gronk, Brady should be next up on the list...:lol:

Just now, Gugny said:

This is barbaric.

It’s a tough game for tough people :lol:

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Haha (+1) 1

http://www.rochesterfirst.com/sports/nfl/nfl-buffalo/gronk-hit-now-a-closed-issue-with-bills/876489024

Looks like the team is done talking about it, for better or worse.

FTA:  

Orchard Park, NY - The Bills are ready to be done with the Rob Gronkowski hit. 

Sean McDermott and his players had their chance Wednesday to address the one-game suspension Gronkowski received for cheap shotting Tre'Davious White in Sunday's loss to the Patriots. 

McDermott flatly declined. "I'm not going there," he said. 

The reason McD and Hyde didn’t want to discuss it is with the media is because they don’t want the refs on the lookout to flag them for the tiniest things while they simply even defend Gronk  on 12/24. If they are all talking a big game about “retribution” that’s like putting a bulls eye on themselves. No one knows what they all discuss behind closed doors. That’s also why I think Hyde was pissed that Ryan Clark decided to broadcast Tre’s text on ESPN.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Jacobo Peterman said:

The risk of potentially losing a game check for retaliation and instigating brawl doesn't make sense. Keep your poise and see them back on the field in a three weeks.  If you knew the worst you were going to get was a 10K fine that's one thing but to lose a 

100k -500K game check ?  

I forget who the Dolphins were playing earlier this year, Kiko Alonso blasted a player after he slid feet first, the O-lineman blasted Alonso hard to the ground twice. That’s the kind of thing some of the Bills defenders should have done to Gronkowski after his cheap shot. IMO, by not retailiating, it made the Bills look weak, especially playing at home.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Jerry Jabber said:

I forget who the Dolphins were playing earlier this year, Kiko Alonso blasted a player after he slid feet first, the O-lineman blasted Alonso hard to the ground twice. That’s the kind of thing some of the Bills defenders should have done to Gronkowski after his cheap shot. IMO, by not retailiating, it made the Bills look weak, especially playing at home.

That was Joe Flacco, who was giving himself up during a run.  Kiko hit Flacco as he was sliding down.  Cost Kiko $9K and no suspension.

27 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

The reason McD and Hyde didn’t want to discuss it is with the media is because they don’t want the refs on the lookout to flag them for the tiniest things while they simply even defend Gronk  on 12/24. If they are all talking a big game about “retribution” that’s like putting a bulls eye on themselves. No one knows what they all discuss behind closed doors. That’s also why I think Hyde was pissed that Ryan Clark decided to broadcast Tre’s text on ESPN.

Good point and probably the right way to look at it.

Edited by Happy Gilmore
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Jerry Jabber said:

The Olineman you reference was right next to Kiko when the play happened and probably about 70-100 lbs bigger than Kiko... in this case Poyer was the one right next to Gronk, he is about 60 lbs lighter, 6 inches shorter ... he shoved him and if you wanted more all you would have gotten was more shoves. He couldn’t even get in his face ... it would be more like getting in his chest at the height difference. Also, Gronk was on his sideline and simply walked right off the field after it happened.  Flacco was in the middle of the field. Not sure if we expect the Bills players to follow him to the Pats bench...

I’m pretty sure if Kiko did that to our QB, Richie or someone would have reacted the same if they saw it. Just two different scenarios.

Edited by YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Absolutely, also coaching suicide for McD if he says anything otherwise.

Every coach should ask himself "would Rex say this?"

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks
  • Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Have mentioned it before but from my perspective the “whole hood” was far away on the other sideline and didn’t even see what happened. The guys who were there reacted as much as they could without getting suspended themselves for fighting (Hughes and Poyer). Preston was the only one who saw it and did nothing but wave over the ref. Hyde was in the middle of his own fight with Amendola. If you want a bunch of our guys getting suspended too, I guess that’s your call. I don’t think it’s the same as hockey. We all know the Bills would get slammed by the league if they started fighting Gronk. Damned if you do damned if you don’t. I prefer going out the next game and make him pay on the field  for what he did, as legally as possible. 

I'm with Yolo on this one. The players didn't get to see the replays like us.

12 hours ago, PaattMaann said:

Please explain how it is dumb rhetoric? 

Fact: The entire Bills roster watched A Williams get a blind side cheap shot by Landry last year

Fact: No one even came close to getting in Landrys face or giving a shot back to him, legal or illegal, in that game or the game after

Fact: That proves they are soft kitties

Fact: The entire Bills roster watched Gronk cheap shot a downed Tre White

Fact: No one even came close to doing anything to Gronk (hyde maybe got in his face?) immediately after the hit, didnt do ANYTHING to stick up for their best defensive player

Fact: That proves the are still soft kitties

how is this even debatable? 

I'm gonna step out on a limb here, but I suspect the guys rushing the passer didn't see the hit.

12 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I'm with Yolo on this one. The players didn't get to see the replays like us.

12 hours ago, PaattMaann said:

Please explain how it is dumb rhetoric? 

Fact: The entire Bills roster watched A Williams get a blind side cheap shot by Landry last year

Fact: No one even came close to getting in Landrys face or giving a shot back to him, legal or illegal, in that game or the game after

Fact: That proves they are soft kitties

Fact: The entire Bills roster watched Gronk cheap shot a downed Tre White

Fact: No one even came close to doing anything to Gronk (hyde maybe got in his face?) immediately after the hit, didnt do ANYTHING to stick up for their best defensive player

Fact: That proves the are still soft kitties

how is this even debatable? 

I'm gonna step out on a limb here, but I suspect the guys rushing the passer didn't see the hit.

6 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Alright, I agree. There is no better taunt in the world than the old “SCOREBOARD!”. 

unfortunately for us though, when we play the Pats in a couple weeks, I have little faith that we can even keep the score close.  The NE fans will be the ones yelling scoreboard. 

We cant compete with the Pats, and then they rub it in even worse by intentionally hurting our players. Talk about adding injury to insult. 

That said, I guess we wait til next year? Hopefully no one gets horribly injured in the meantime. 

16 hours ago, Woodman19 said:

While I hope we take the high road and win the game, it would be intereswating to see fireworks lol. 

Dude... We have like a 9% chance of winning round 2.

I want what you are smoking!!!

I agree on the fireworks... Hopefully game in CheaterLand, USA is a total donnybrook! 

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

16 hours ago, PaattMaann said:

Rex TRIED to build a bully...and you are right, it did not work because those "bullies" all just sat back and watched their teammate take a cheap shot and did NOTHING

It is one thing to say you are building a bully...it is something else entirely to do it. See: Steelers. You want to cheap shot Antonio Brown, here you go baby, WHAM!!!!!! 

Professional organization handling business = Steelers

Rinky Dink Clown Show Organization NOT handling business = Bills 

From what I remember Cinci laid out AB in the Endzone on a TD catch and no one did anything.

From what I remember Jube Jube laid out Burfect and stood over him and no one did anything.