2x1st Round Draft Picks

Tatonka68

On 11/28/2017 at 12:26 PM, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I like the Rams' move a lot better as a model for what we could potentially do.

Rams gave up:
#15 Overall

2nd Round (43)

2nd Round (45)

3rd Round (76)

Next Year's 1st

Next Year's 3rd

Titans gave up:

#1 Overall

4th Round (113)

6th Round (177)

If we did the same that would leave us with:

1st overall Selection

KC's 1st Rounder

2 4ths

2 5ths

1 6th

That looks good for this draft but the 2019 draft would suck because you forgot to figure that we would have to give up our 2019 1st and 2019 3rd. Possibly even more if the 1st round pick we trade is higher than #15 which is probably likely (17-20). Of course this assumes we move all the way up to #2 with a team like the 49ers.

On Tuesday, November 28, 2017 at 2:44 PM, cage said:

I absolutely HATE the idea of trading up for a QB.  No problem taking one in the first round when you pick, but trading up is asking for trouble.  QBs are a crapshoot even if you're picking in the top 5, giving away multiple picks to roll the dice is a bad move.

I agree here. Don't force it...

There is supposedly 5-6 first rd qbs so we should be ok keeping our picks and adding to the lines

9 hours ago, Logic said:

The wild card with the Giants is that we don't know what the coaching situation will be there next year and whether or not said coach (I'm guessing it won't be McAdoo) will want to do with Eli Manning.

That said, it's probably safe to assume the Giants and Browns both draft QBs. It's in the best interests of Bills fans to hope the 49ers get a top 3 pick, because they seem like prime partners to trade down, given their acquisition of Jimmy G.

Regardless of Manning's role in 2018, the Giants are smart enough to know it's unlikely they will again be in such a good draft position.  They absolutely have to draft Eli's replacement now.  In fact, they may have to trade up with SF (even if it's one spot) to ensure they get their man.

On 2017-11-28 at 10:31 PM, snafu said:

Jim Kelly, 1984, was one of them.

Roethlisberger was the 3rd QB taken in his draft 

On 2017-11-29 at 1:28 PM, McBean said:

The ol "let's build at other places" argument.

We've tried building around the QB position for years.

How has that worked for us?

Agreed

On 11/28/2017 at 2:37 PM, Tatonka68 said:

The Bills 1ST round picks should be around 20th (850 pts) & 22nd (780 pts) for a total of 1630 pts on the draft value chart. 1630 points is equal to the 6th pick in the draft. So could the draft end up like this?

1. Cleveland picks Josh Rosen QB, 2. NY Giants Sam Darnold QB, 3. San Francisco picks Saquon Barkley RB, 4. Indianapolis Mike McGlinchey OT, 5. Chicago Derwin James S.

then the Bills trade with Tampa for sixth pick and select Mason Rudolph QB Oklahoma ST.

I would be good with Rudolph if it went down like this but we would also be able to have a choice since 

Baker Mayfield would also be sitting there so it would be staffs choice. 

I like the move up so we have a choice when we pick not the waiting game of what's left your stuck with by staying with the picks given.

Edited by xRUSHx

People here and on other boards have been screaming for us to get our franchise QB, and rightfully so.  I am pretty sure Beane and McDermott will do their due diligence and identify the guy(s) they want to draft.  Once that is done, go for it and use those accumulated picks if need be.

If their guy is a Mayfield or Rudolph and he falls into their laps, better yet.

Everyone hates trading up , however everyone hates not having a qb.   If they identify a qb they strongly believe it then go get him.  

What is the price to get to number to and S.f pick ?  The two first this and the first next year are a given.  What else would they have to add ?

Edited by baskingridgebillsfan

13 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

That looks good for this draft but the 2019 draft would suck because you forgot to figure that we would have to give up our 2019 1st and 2019 3rd. Possibly even more if the 1st round pick we trade is higher than #15 which is probably likely (17-20). Of course this assumes we move all the way up to #2 with a team like the 49ers.

If you hit on the QB pick then nothing sucks. Also, even losing the 2019 1st & 3rd the Bills would still have a 2nd, 2 4ths, a 5th, a 6th, and 3 7ths. There's ammo there to consolidate and move up if we're looking at quality over quantity by then.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

Everyone hates trading up , however everyone hates not having a qb.   If they identify a qb they strongly believe it then go get him.  

What is the price to get to number to and S.f pick ?  The two first this and the first next year are a given.  What else would they have to add ?

How many picks xould you trade for Brady or Rodgers? Answer ALL of them. Would it be great to have a great QB like Kelly again.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

You might have to trade up to get Mayfield when all is said and done.

You might be right. Hoping that some of his off the field makes him drop some and hope we lose the rest of our games to get a better position in the first round. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Watkins90 said:

I think we may be underestimating how low the Chiefs pick could be. They are in a free fall. If they lose out, which I pray they do, and we lose out. We could have two top 10 picks. 

Please let this happen!!!! At least we have something to cheer about now. Have the Bills lose every remaining game and have the Cheifs lose every remains gane also.! Let’s go!!!

Yes, I am furious about the Gronk hit and another Tom Brady victory. It is embarrassing. The best part of the day is that KC and the Bills lost. We have 2x Top 20 picks at this point and it is getting near the end. This draft is like the Elway, Marino, Kelly draft, so do not be surprised if we trade up and grab a top 3 QB. I miss 300 yard games in the air. I wish we could dump Glen's contract without a hit or he would get healthy, so we could slide him the RT. 

4 minutes ago, offyourocker said:

I don't want to trade.  We need to use all our draft pics where they are.  Go after Cousins.  Known commodity.  I don't want to start with a rookie and take 3 years to figure out if he is amy good.

Exactly and he won’t be any good cause if we trade up and give away all our picks he’ll have no O-line to give him time and no defence to keep him in games he will be ruined and shell shocked 6 games in! Get Cousins and use all 6 picks in the first 3 rounds to plug our massive holes and aging team!

• Like (+1) 1

It's crazy that the AFC West is so bad this year.... The Chargers and Raiders are 5-6, and a half game back from being tied for 1st place. Even the 3-9 Broncos could go on a 4 game win streak and finish atop the division lol. 

Hope the Chiefs keep sinking.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

It's crazy that the AFC West is so bad this year.... The Chargers and Raiders are 5-6, and a half game back from being tied for 1st place. Even the 3-9 Broncos could go on a 4 game win streak and finish atop the division lol. 

Wherever you're checking the standings hasn't updated yet.

Chiefs, Chargers, and Raiders are all 6-6

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, /dev/null said:

Wherever you're checking the standings hasn't updated yet.

Chiefs, Chargers, and Raiders are all 6-6

Well ****, I hadn't checked back on standings after the Bills game. Turned off football for the afternoon. But that just further confirms how crazy it is that that division is so tight by being so mediocre.

I think the KC pick is going to keep rising in value through the end of the year.  Their defense is terrible, and since the Steelers figured out how to stop their offense, any legitimate NFL defense does the same (including the Bills, not including the Jets).  Plus the team seems completely without leadership.  Did you see Peters, their DB, pick up the referee's flag after a penalty on the Chiefs, and throw the flag into the stands?  Who does that?  What professional does that?

Peterman got his start in the wrong game.  The Chargers have a great pass rush and the Bills' O line is below average.  Peterman hit a good looking pass to Benjamin, who got hurt and hasn't been back since.  Not Peterman's fault -- he didn't throw Benjamin into the coverage.  And the first INT was a deflection off the Bills receiver's hands -- a good pass but a pick six.  After that the roof caved in.

In that first half, and today, Peterman reminded us what it looks like to have an NFL passer in a Bills uniform.  Whether he's an NFL QB to go along with the passing, no one knows. 

3 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

San Francisco and Chicago. 

That's assuming SF or Chicago would even want to trade down.  In addition to the traditional QB frenzy at the top of the draft, 2018 may have teams jockeying for position to draft Saquon Barkley

• Like (+1) 1

I am so into tank mode right now, after today's game.

I'm closing in on 50 years old, been to more than 200 games in my life, including wide right and th comeback and I am ready for this.  Would love both picks in the top 15, preferably 1 in the top 10 and I would be romancing the 49ers (if they hold at 3) like they are the girl I couldn't live without.

"You want 10, 15 and 42?  Let's talk, baby."

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1

On 12/3/2017 at 7:28 PM, offyourocker said:

I don't want to trade.  We need to use all our draft pics where they are.  Go after Cousins.  Known commodity.  I don't want to start with a rookie and take 3 years to figure out if he is amy good.

No more hand me downs and 2nd hand quarterbacks, if he is all that teams would everything to keep him. Stop with the crap. Get a franchise QB.  

Trade both 1st round picks and the 5th rounder from Jacksonville and the draft pick from Kansas City next year to get into the top 5, either Chicago or San Francisco and get a franchise QB.

• Like (+1) 1