What was the most frustrating loss to Pats in last decade?

YoloinOhio

Most frustrating Patriots loss in last decade  

334 members have voted

1. 1. What was the most frustrating loss to the Pats in last decade?

• Week 11, 2007 - Bills lose 56-10 on SNF after starting out 5-4
    • Week 10, 2008 - Bills lose to Matt Cassell for 2nd time
    • Week 1, 2009- Bills lose 25-24 on MNF after Brady throws 2 TDs in final 2 min/McKelvin fumble
    • Week 17, 2011 - Bills jump out to 21-0 lead, Pats score 49 unanswered points
    • Week 2, 2015 - Rex’s 2nd game, highly hyped ... Brady throws for 466 in Orchard Park
    • Week 11, 2015 - Bills lose 20-13 on MNF ...refs inadvertently blow whistle before Brady INT, keep clock running when Watkins gets out of bounds and we lose a chance to run final play
    • Week 8, 2016 - Chris Hogan returns to Buffalo to punk Rex’s secondary
    • Other horrible Pats loss

3 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

So, why'd you do it? 

I needed a Pats-related poll topic. Another idea was to ask if we would be ok with Brady winning the SB again this year if he was guaranteed to retire afterward...

also it was more depressing than I anticipated it would be when i started out. Every game recap/summary had the same thing: “Pats beat familiar pushover Bills in X fashion to claim AFC East title/ clinch #1 seed/blah blah blah”. Different coaches, different players, different year, same darn result. A few wins mixed in that were nice at the time but ultimately meaningless. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

I'll go with the first Rex game at home. I was 100% sold on Rex about to make our D legendary, and coming off the "upset" of what we thought would be a great Colts team, no reason to believe otherwise yet. I even paid for my Pats fan buddy to come and witness the changing of the guard. Welp...as he laughed at us all day with his red Gronk jersey on, what could I say?

2 minutes ago, ProcessTheTrust said:

I'll go with the first Rex game at home. I was 100% sold on Rex about to make our D legendary, and coming off the "upset" of what we thought would be a great Colts team, no reason to believe otherwise yet. I even paid for my Pats fan buddy to come and witness the changing of the guard. Welp...as he laughed at us all day with his red Gronk jersey on, what could I say?

Remember how ESPN brought their whole Gameday crew to OP for pregame, and the Bills brought in all the legends .... Rex had Brady’s #, after all! :(

20 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

This was a very depressing exercise. All the losses sting in their own right, but I selected a few that provided their own very special type of bleach-drinking moments for Bills fans...

It's hard to choose.  They were all so frustrating in different ways.

Week 2 2015 was the most demoralizing for me.  I was prepared to give Rex the benefit of the doubt, and the awful undisciplined way we played was just nauseating.

3 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

So many to choose from, but I went with the 2015 MNF loss.  The refs gave the Cheats that game; we got robbed.

The Bills actually played pretty well defensively that game too. I think McCoy dropped a TD pass. Also that was the game that Brady called out the “Rex Ryan!” play...

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Remember how ESPN brought their whole Gameday crew to OP for pregame, and the Bills brought in all the legends .... Rex had Brady’s #, after all! :(

Yeah, we were hanging out watching it live! And we were hyped up to try and break the sound record. I knew our stadium wasn't built for that to happen, but man...the first few minutes (before the onslaught), I had to cover my ears thinking they were going to bleed. I couldn't talk for a week.

Edited by ProcessTheTrust

2 minutes ago, ProcessTheTrust said:

Yeah, we were hanging out watching it live! And we were hyped up to try and break the sound record. I knew our stadium wasn't built for that to happen, but man...the first few minutes (before the onslaught), I had to cover my ears thinking they were going to bleed. I couldn't talk for a week.

Ugh I forgot about the sound record. Wasn’t that also the game where Aaron Williams first suffered the neck injury trying to tackle Edelman? 

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Ugh I forgot about the sound record. Wasn’t that also the game where Aaron Williams first suffered the neck injury trying to tackle Edelman? 

Yeah, just a terrible day altogether. Watching Taylor play scared as he was contained in the pocket in just his 2nd start, what I feared started to come to pass. I knew we were going to have a stat sheet hero (if you can even say that) instead of a guy who gets it done when it matters. He turned out having a nice day stat-wise and it was only a 7 point loss, but that was only after carving up a prevent D and Belicheat trying too hard to stick it to big mouth Rex instead of running out the clock.

3 minutes ago, ProcessTheTrust said:

Yeah, just a terrible day altogether. Watching Taylor play scared as he was contained in the pocket in just his 2nd start, what I feared started to come to pass. I knew we were going to have a stat sheet hero (if you can even say that) instead of a guy who gets it done when it matters. He turned out having a nice day stat-wise and it was only a 7 point loss, but that was only after carving up a prevent D and Belicheat trying too hard to stick it to big mouth Rex instead of running out the clock.

Oh god that was also the game where Rex declared he never heard of Dion Lewis the week before the game ... and I think Dareus guaranteed a win or something stupid

Edited by YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Rex's 2nd game.

I believe the Pats took the field first, 3 and out.  We got the ball, marched downfield and scored a TD.

Then it was just horrible after that.

Ya that game was so crushing. Especially after smoking the Colts a week earlier

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Oh god that was also the game where Rex declared he never heard of Dion Lewis the week before the game ... 

That's why this game gets my vote in this thing. Those other losses, not so surprising. Close losses or blowouts on big stages or even ref-assisted losses...all part of our ways the whole drought. THIS game was going to be our mark and the turning of the tide. Coming off the momentum of that 9-7 team, "THIS IS OUR TIME"....bleh. This game hands down....

Edited by ProcessTheTrust

55 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

The Leodis game,  for sure.  

That was a back breaker....no way should they have lost that game.  The only other one more painful (outside of SB losses) was the MNF Dallas game.  The Bills have just had so many of these ugly losses.

28 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

After the first 8 minutes of that game, I thought to myself "we may be legit".  
Oh man was that a letdown the next 52 minutes.

Lol oh I know. It had to be the most exciting time to be a Bills fan in the drought.

Hired Rex Ryan, smoked a early season Superbowl contender in Indi, started off amazing against the Pats... Then like you said, just a complete letdown

8 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

That was a back breaker....no way should they have lost that game.  The only other one more painful (outside of SB losses) was the MNF Dallas game.  The Bills have just had so many of these ugly losses.

How jauron wasn't fired after that game was beyond me. Didn't they force something like 5 interceptions which one went for a TD, and a special teams touchdown as well?

And still ended up losing lol

For me, its the game after Terry Pugula became the official owner of the Bills. The fans were all excited anticipating a big win and they were going for the record as the loudest stadium. Well, the whole thing was one big flop. Not only was it frustrating but it was embarrassing too.   :sick:   :bag:   :blush: 

Edited by The Monk

Just now, The Monk said:

For me, its the game after Terry Pugula became the official owner of the Bills. The fans were all excited anticipating a big win and they going for the record as the loudest stadium. Well, the whole thing was one big flop. Not only was it frustrating but it was embarrassing too.   :sick:   :bag:   :blush: 

Ah yes, 2014. Brady throws 4 TDs. 

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It's hard to choose.  They were all so frustrating in different ways.

Week 2 2015 was the most demoralizing for me.  I was prepared to give Rex the benefit of the doubt, and the awful undisciplined way we played was just nauseating.

What, you mean playing 15 yards off every WR isn't a good strategy against the GOAT?

Not in the last 10 years, but the most memorable for me is 10/3/04.  In the final minutes the Bills are driving for the tying score.  3rd and 2 from the Patriot** 16, Travis Henry gets the handoff with wide open path to the first down and .. falls on his face, untouched.  Next play is a Bledsoe naked bootleg, who fumbles and Richard Seymour runs it back 68 yards for a TD.

I was at the game with my father, brother and our then 6 yr old sons.  There was an obnoxious Pats** fan who was trolling the crowd the whole game - near the end of the game he comes down the aisle and is talking crap and giving Bills fans the finger.  I am seeing red, and as he goes by me and I had a few choice words for him, after which he spits at me.  I ended up chasing the idiot down the aisle and into the concourse.   I'll never forget the look on my son and nephews faces when I came back to our seats - like "Who are you?"

11 minutes ago, stevewin said:

Not in the last 10 years, but the most memorable for me is 10/3/04.  In the final minutes the Bills are driving for the tying score.  3rd and 2 from the Patriot** 16, Travis Henry gets the handoff with wide open path to the first down and .. falls on his face, untouched.  Next play is a Bledsoe naked bootleg, who fumbles and Richard Seymour runs it back 68 yards for a TD.

I was at the game with my father, brother and our then 6 yr old sons.  There was an obnoxious Pats** fan who was trolling the crowd the whole game - near the end of the game he comes down the aisle and is talking crap and giving Bills fans the finger.  I am seeing red, and as he goes by me and I had a few choice words for him, after which he spits at me.  I ended up chasing the idiot down the aisle and into the concourse.   I'll never forget the look on my son and nephews faces when I came back to our seats - like "Who are you?"

This was the game where Terrence McGee returned a kickoff for a touchdown, and some woman in the crowd won a car, no?

The SNF debacle is the worst for me.  I flew out from Seattle to watch that game, and I stayed for the entire thing.  I then fly down a week ago to watch the Chargers and see that pile of crap.

Well yeah the 2009 Monday Night game is obvious.

Both losses in 2012 get honorable mention though:

Week 4: I think we were both 2-1 at that point.  Were up 21-7 in the 3rd quarter, it looks like maybe were overcoming this monkey.  All of a sudden Brady goes off for like 5TDs.  52-28 final score.

The 2nd meeting that year:  Bills down 37-31 with like a minute left with the ball in the red zone.  Fitz looks for TJ Graham and gets picked. End game

Edited by Another Fan