Haha Schopp so mad

8 minutes ago, EdII said:

Shopp has no problem demonstrating his own weaknesses and lack of knowledge.  There's no better example than when he is rude, sarcastic and insulting to the program's callers.  I believe he is still on the radio because he really embodies the type of programming WGR wants-rude, unintelligent and insulting.  It's really too bad John Murphy's program can't be on for six hours and simply do away with Shopp and his sidekick.

I have no desire to hear 6 hours of Homer radio. 

Or Donald Jones, aka the Echo Chamber. 

I dont agree with Schopp on this one, but he is WGRs most thought provoking and intuitive host. 

4 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Yes, what did he say for those of us who wernt listening 

I'm paraphrasing because i was driving. 

He said that once again, the prototypical WHITE GUY is getting the job over the Black guy . He mentioned WHITE once again within a minute or so. 

Yeah, I heard the white guy comment...

Ever since Schopp adopted two black children, he thinks he's some kind of advocate for race relations.  The best was when he was telling all white people that they have no right to ever question Kaepernick because they will never "know".

He's such a douche.

• Like (+1) 1

Schopp is an idiot.

I can't tell if he really believes Taylor is THAT good or if he's just trying to get people to call into WGR.

He literally just said "do you think the Bills benched him because management is scared they'll make the playoffs and then have to cut him". LOL

Edited by Klaista2k

24 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I have no desire to hear 6 hours of Homer radio. 

Or Donald Jones, aka the Echo Chamber. 

I dont agree with Schopp on this one, but he is WGRs most thought provoking and intuitive host. 

Schopp is a bully and a bore and insufferable to endure. I stopped listening years ago and don't miss a second. His after game show is an instant click off for me as well.  He despises football and the bills and I'm not sure he even likes sports all that much. He should move on.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, baskin said:

Schopp overrates his IQ...he belittles Peterman's 5th round status - implying that 32 teams knew better than to pick him 5 times...but then immediately undercuts his argument by saying Flacco sucks and he was a number 1 pick...

Says he doesn't know how Peterman is going to do....but assumes he is going to suck because our playoff hopes went poof with him starting...

Do wish lapdog would get in his grill more....

Does he know where Taylor was drafted ?

Just wait until some NFL players start kneeling for Tyrod because he was replaced by a white QB, by a white Coach, who is partnered with a white GM, who works for an organization with a white owner....

1 minute ago, Finkle Is Einhorn said:

Does he know where Taylor was drafted ?

Yes, and he blames racism in the NFL coaching and GM ranks for trying to turn Tyrod into a WR before the draft.

I do believe in some way their is probably a racial bias that exists in regards to QB.

That said this is not in anyway a case where race was a factor. Tyrod had the keys for two and half years to drive this ship and didn''t do enough. He isn't a bad QB and in the right system he would have success. BUT most coaches, GM's, etc... want a pocket passer that is accurate and can hit tight windows across the middle with a fast release now that defenses are faster then ever. Tyrod is not a pocket passer despite Roman and Dennisons effort, his release is one of the slowest in football, and he only sometimes hits his windows. For what most coaches, GMs, etc.. want what he has done isn't enough. Great we might go to the playoffs with him and then what.

After years of listening Mike Schopp to me is one of the worst sports analysts I've heard, he lacks original thought, and in general just seems like an awful person to be around in general. The guy thrives on stuff like this so I am not surprised it became a topic. If he wants to the the QB and race discussion it actually would be a good discussion to have, but in support of Tyrod is just asinine.

And for the record I was a massive supporter for Tyrod from the day we got him and frankly thought the last two seasons he has got a semi raw deal thanks to coach/GM. That said make your plays or your toast dude.

20 minutes ago, Jobot said:

Maybe he thinks his job may be at risk if a good Bills team began to draw more listeners.  His current show is super elementary.

The morning guys I find at points very compelling and interesting. Schopp & the Bulldog sound the same and generic now as they did back in 2005 when I was listening. Just zero growth or evolution the only thing that is remotely cool is when they do a draft of some form and even those may be a bit played out now.

3 minutes ago, T-Bomb said:

Just wait until some NFL players start kneeling for Tyrod because he was replaced by a white QB, by a white Coach, who is partnered with a white GM, who works for an organization with a white owner....

Yes, and he blames racism in the NFL coaching and GM ranks for trying to turn Tyrod into a WR before the draft.

Lol 

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

I’m trying to think of a single reason I would ever tune into WGR Monday-Saturday. Maybe if life was going too good and I needed to bring myself down.

Because 103.3 plays crap all the time on my drive home from work.

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I’m trying to think of a single reason I would ever tune into WGR Monday-Saturday. Maybe if life was going too good and I needed to bring myself down.

Some of the newer kids like Nate Geary  and others who have left for better pastures recently actually know what there talking about .

Edited by Jamie Muellers Ghost

The guy just wrote an article saying how good Taylor is.

He's nothing more than embarrassed and trying to make himself look smart after doing so. We all know Schopp is a goof and doesn't have any interest in football to begin with. Schopp is an articulate guy but his knowledge about the Bills, the NFL and football in general is minimal.

15 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

No Mike, I don't.  Self-explanatory

You're right.  In the context you used it, where it has colloquial understanding as a racial pejorative, it is very self explanatory.

And it comes as no surprise you're taking the coward's route.  Your kind always does. 

58 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

The national media doesn't get it either.

A move at 5-4 when receiving core may actually be healthy and trusting a 5th round rookie with 10 passes.

Sunday afternoon will be interesting.

The national media are idiots and don't know squat about the bills, on wfan today they called Nate  Nat Peterman, and called the coach 

Doug Mcdermott..kept insuating all day that TT was good, and yet for the last two weeks non stop talk about how terrible they were against

the mighty jets. 

Schopps goal seems to be making the playoffs. Making the playoffs without a chance of advancing to the Super Bowl is a joke.

The goal is building a  contender, and that’s not happening with Taylor.  

Edited by George C
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

You're right.  In the context you used it, where it has colloquial understanding as a racial pejorative, it is very self explanatory.

And it comes as no surprise you're taking the coward's route.  Your kind always does. 

That is a racist comment as well. But it wouldn't bother anyone because it's just words man.

Can't let words knock you down, learned that in elementary school. If you have self esteem

words are nothing but a thing.

17 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I do actually like the morning show. They're a little more balanced than schoop and bulldog 

Let me say this first. My sister adopted two African American children and we still have issues in this country.  That said there is noway race played apart in the Taylor benching.  The guy had many chances and simply didn't get the job done.  Schoop playng the race card in this instance hurts the entire situation .  Shame on him

Schopp is a damn genius.

For years he has openly complained about "doing the same show" every year. He constantly gets hammered for being negative, anti-Bills, etc. His whole schtick is that he is smarter than you are, so he doesn't fall for the team's B.S.

Now he has figured out a way to turn that all on its head. THIS YEAR he decides to be a huge Tyrod backer all year, knowing that Tyrod is severely limited. This allows him two ways to annoy fans, irritate people, and thus generate calls to his show:

#1: He tells you how good Tyrod is and how lucky you are to have him non-stop after crappy games. This generates calls and reaction. And it's different because suddenly he's the overly positive one about someone on the Bills.

#2: When Tyrod gets benched Schopp can go back to ripping the team and being negative, all while continuing to defend the guy who cannot or will not pass the ball.

Looks like he found a way to do a different show while still riling people up. Now HE is the Kool Aid drinking Bills fan.

The man is a genius when it comes to pissing off Buffalo sports fans. And remember: HE IS SMARTER THAN YOU ARE!