Haha Schopp so mad

6 minutes ago, unclepete said:

Black QBs historically have a shorter leash. Or at least it seems that way. Did race play a part? Maybe. But probably not as significant a part as some would try to make it seem 

What in hell do you mean, "maybe"?

Quit being limp wristed and spit it out.

Edited by Binghamton Beast

3 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

What in hell do you mean, "maybe"?

Quit being limp wristed and spit it out.

I mean exactly what I said. It’s possible but who in here is in a position to say for sure. Only the uninformed speak in definites when it comes to these types of things 

12 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I have no desire to hear 6 hours of Homer radio. 

Or Donald Jones, aka the Echo Chamber. 

I dont agree with Schopp on this one, but he is WGRs most thought provoking and intuitive host. 

Thought provoking and intuitive?  Not really.  The guy is more like a message board troll.  Half his radio thoughts have come from something he read here.  He makes an opinion and has people call in.  When people speak against his opinion with one of their own he gets angry, insults caller, hangs up on caller, then goes on a 3 minute rant about how idiotic the callers are.

Edited by Scott7975

All Schopps been doing for years is bitching about how the NFL is a passing league and that hed throw it on every down if he could. He pissed and moaned about rex ryan wanting to run the ball and play strong defense with the passing game a distant third in importance with tyrod throwing 20-25 times a game. Hes constantly bitched about other QBs consistently throwing for 300 yards while the bills have had very few 300 yard games in the past several years combined. But now this jackbag wants to cry about benching the guy who rarely throws for 300 yards and needs a strong defense and run game to support him. This joker takes idiot to an entirely new level.

Edited by THEHARDTRUTH

17 hours ago, joesixpack said:

aaaand there he goes, insinuates racism

Wait, what?

I like Taylor, I'm concerned it doesn't bode well for their long term success that McWrestler and Mr Bean can't design a scheme and call plays that use the strengths that gave us a top-10 offense last year.  I don't understand the Ducasse love - I understand the analysis that says he's playing Castillo's blocking scheme better than Miller, but if you have a blocking scheme that the better physical lineman can't play, that's a problem IMO.  I don't think the last two games are all on Taylor and the O - we played the run like we couldn't stop a nosebleed.

That said, it's very evident by now that Taylor CAN'T play in the system Dennison wants to run, and the way he performs on pass plays asks something of our OL they can not deliver.  It was evident early in the season - the Panthers laid the blueprint down.  Any time your D keeps the opponent to less than 21 points it should be a win.  Less than 10 points should be a "gimme".

Thus the Bills have two choices: scrap the system, or scrap the QB.  There is NFW McWrestler is going to go to his hand-picked OC halfway through the season and insist that he change the system, especially when they've laid it down across the board they will scrap any and every player who isn't performing as they wish.

I don't know how Schop gets to racism from there

14 hours ago, unclepete said:

Black QBs historically have a shorter leash. Or at least it seems that way. Did race play a part? Maybe. But probably not as significant a part as some would try to make it seem 

I'm not a fan of "seems that way".  If you can use actual gamelogs and stats and construct an objective argument, I'm hear ready to listen.

Any QB of any color has a shorter leash depending upon the round where they were originally drafted. 
That's why EJ had a longer leash, drafted in 1st round.  Ryan Fitzpatrick once commented on it, not in a mean or complaining way just "that's how it rolls".

10 hours ago, unclepete said:

I mean exactly what I said. It’s possible but who in here is in a position to say for sure. Only the uninformed speak in definites when it comes to these types of things 

Horsefeathers.  If something is true, a factual argument should be able to be made for it.  Only the uninformed speak in "maybe" when they could be making a logical case.

15 hours ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

Let me say this first. My sister adopted two African American children and we still have issues in this country.  That said there is noway race played apart in the Taylor benching.  The guy had many chances and simply didn't get the job done.  Schoop playng the race card in this instance hurts the entire situation .  Shame on him

Agreed.

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Would that be the same racism that suggested Tim Tebow's best NFL shot was as TE?  Tyrod has mad moves and speed most WR would love to have.

Nothing to see here, move along.

Twice in his commentary, he stated that tyrod didn't fit the "prototype" which to him is "slow, WHITE and in the pocket."

Twice. Once is a mistake, twice isn't.

Mike never played organized sports but he was always around them as a team manager and play-by-play guy in high school. He was actually a pretty good announcer at that level. I'm not sure if he pursued that later or not and it didn't work out and that's why he went the radio route.

He was always a good guy, I don't know if that's changed in the past 25 years. I think his radio persona is just his schtick and from reading the constant moaning on this board about him he has perfected it. It's about ratings, period, and there's no question he still generates buzz in the Buffalo market.

He was always a hockey guy which is still pretty obvious. His knowledge of football and the Bills is just enough to keep the masses bitching. I don't think he's a football fan at all.

RTB

to be clear, Schopp takes a position that will result in the most activity in the show by the way of callers/people paying attention.... and several-page threads on message boards talking about him.  He may not necessarily agree with it in real life.  He is just creating content for an entertainment program.

39 minutes ago, RunTheBall said:

He was always a good guy, I don't know if that's changed in the past 25 years. I think his radio persona is just his schtick and from reading the constant moaning on this board about him he has perfected it. It's about ratings, period, and there's no question he still generates buzz in the Buffalo market.

He was always a hockey guy which is still pretty obvious. His knowledge of football and the Bills is just enough to keep the masses bitching. I don't think he's a football fan at all.

RTB

He is a good guy.  I think his role of covering these teams who have been stuck in neutral for so long effects his moods on the air sometimes.  It is the same thing, groundhog day over and over, same callers with the same viewpoints over and over, and they need to invent new angles to talk about mediocre Sabres and Bills.  Program directors do not let them outside the Sabres and Bills bubbles much.  People say guys like Schopp, Sullivan, Gleason, etc love the failure, but the truth is, they would be jumping for joy if either or both teams rose to the national stage and had big games and big moments.

Schopp's wheelhouse is actually baseball, tennis, collecting, and analyticals/statistics.  

Edited by May Day 10

3 hours ago, joesixpack said:

Twice in his commentary, he stated that tyrod didn't fit the "prototype" which to him is "slow, WHITE and in the pocket."

Twice. Once is a mistake, twice isn't.

I don't know if it's about race or not, but when it comes to Bills QB over the drought Taylor has by far gotten the most anger and vitriol even though he's been as good or better than every QB. What's the difference between Taylor and Fitzpatrick? Why is one loved and the other not? What about Taylor and Orton? I can see where someone would say the only difference is race.

1 minute ago, CuddyDark said:

I don't know if it's about race or not, but when it comes to Bills QB over the drought Taylor has by far gotten the most anger and vitriol even though he's been as good or better than every QB. What's the difference between Taylor and Fitzpatrick? Why is one loved and the other not? What about Taylor and Orton? I can see where someone would say the only difference is race.

What?

You're nuts. Flutie got way worse, as did Losman.

Just now, joesixpack said:

What?

You're nuts. Flutie got way worse, as did Losman.

Flutie was revered here. He still is. He had a cereal. Like Fitzpatrick he got nicknames and TV appearances. People still lament Flutie being pulled for Rob Johnson. Also I meant of the good QB over the drought. Losman wasn't good. Also, Losman had higher standards being a first round pick.

Schopp is bipolar and is the type that likes to hear himself talk. A caller mentioned yesterday that Dennison's offensive scheme was not tailored to take advantage of Tyrod's strengths which forced Tyrod to sink or swim and Schopp dismissed that notion saying it's a passing league now. Schopp bashes the decision to bench Tyrod and says Tyrod is better than a few of the AFC QB's that will most likely be in the playoffs this year, but goes onto saying it's a passing league? Which is it Schopp? It just seems that he's mad that they benched his favorite player on the Bills.

18 hours ago, George C said:

Schopps goal seems to be making the playoffs. Making the playoffs without a chance of advancing to the Super Bowl is a joke.

The goal is building a  contender, and that’s not happening with Taylor.  

17 year drought is the joke. And that could end this season in a very weak AFC, and this move could cost that. SB-lol.

• Thank you (+1) 1

22 hours ago, joesixpack said:

ooooh are you mad, too?

If this is only the beginning, where does it end?

I hope it ends with us getting a new OC and QB this offseason. Dont think well make the playoffs with this defense regardless which qb starts.

20 hours ago, Klaista2k said:

Schopp is an idiot.

I can't tell if he really believes Taylor is THAT good or if he's just trying to get people to call into WGR.

He literally just said "do you think the Bills benched him because management is scared they'll make the playoffs and then have to cut him". LOL

Thats a valid thought tho. You know u wanna draft a QB high this year. An average to below average qb gets you a wc spot at 9-7 this year. How is it gonna look if the 1st qb to lead you to the playoffs in 17 years gets cut? Its a real issue. This defense isnt good enough to carry us there anyway but its valid.

4 hours ago, Marty McFly said:

I hope it ends with us getting a new OC and QB this offseason. Dont think well make the playoffs with this defense regardless which qb starts.

Thats a valid thought tho. You know u wanna draft a QB high this year. An average to below average qb gets you a wc spot at 9-7 this year. How is it gonna look if the 1st qb to lead you to the playoffs in 17 years gets cut? Its a real issue. This defense isnt good enough to carry us there anyway but its valid.

It would look like the team made the playoffs in a year with a weak field and a very limited quarterback. Upgrading the QB wouldn't be a shock to anyone who thinks the team should aspire to something more than sneaking into a WC berth. 

5 hours ago, JM2009 said:

17 year drought is the joke. And that could end this season in a very weak AFC, and this move could cost that. SB-lol.

Why do you think the Bills coach, after evaluating all the game film should believe that Tyrod Taylor will suddenly start beating teams from the pocket? Is he going to change into a different player overnight? He's trying to win a football game and his former starting QB has been figured out by opposing DC's. What's the alternative? 

5 hours ago, Marty McFly said:

Um, after watching the Panthers game and the last two games, do you really think TT is an "average" QB who could get us a 9-7 WC spot?

You say "valid" I sadly say "delusional"

17 year drought is a joke-18 is no worse.  no one cares about the drought but bills fans.  getting blown out in a playoff game(after the last games this could happen) with TT at starting does not help this team long term.  he has shown no progress in the 3 yrs he has started! zilch!  starting NP is win-win in my opinion.   if he wins some games and show some ability-WIN!  if he craps the bed we get a higher draft pick-WIN!

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

Why do you think the Bills coach, after evaluating all the game film should believe that Tyrod Taylor will suddenly start beating teams from the pocket? Is he going to change into a different player overnight? He's trying to win a football game and his former starting QB has been figured out by opposing DC's. What's the alternative? 

....wouldn't that be adjusting your vaunted scheme to fit the talent you have to work with?......Schwartz came in with a defensive scheme in mind BUT adapted it to the personnel he had to work with and ended up in the Top Five......IF, IF you're a good coach that is how it SHOULD work......from my associations/affiliations with the team, there was a Sunday where two or three backup QB's threw for 300+ yds, racking up "W"'s" which Pegula saw on ESPN......Rex and Roman were walking by his office after another Buffalo "L" just prior to the London game and TP called them in....'Why the hell can't OUR team do this"?....neither had an answer and walked out...he doesn't meddle but plays close attention....but don't sell him short on knowing when your perceived norm isn't working, you adapt by changing....Dennison?....stay tuned, but so far....NOT.....

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....wouldn't that be adjusting your vaunted scheme to fit the talent you have to work with?......Schwartz came in with a defensive scheme in mind BUT adapted it to the personnel he had to work with and ended up in the Top Five......IF, IF you're a good coach that is how it SHOULD work......from my associations/affiliations with the team, there was a Sunday where two or three backup QB's threw for 300+ yds, racking up "W"'s" which Pegula saw on ESPN......Rex and Roman were walking by his office after another Buffalo "L" just prior to the London game and TP called them in....'Why the hell can't OUR team do this"?....neither had an answer and walked out...he doesn't meddle but plays close attention....but don't sell him short on knowing when your perceived norm isn't working, you adapt by changing....Dennison?....stay tuned, but so far....NOT.....

That sounds good, but we all knew this was not going to happen. Personally, I called it before the season started. I said the running game would take a big step back ( though many on this board felt otherwise) because this OC isn't an innovator or one who is going to be willing to scheme around a limited quarterback such as Taylor. I thought this staff would be ok with Tyrod IF he could run the WCO. I felt the chances of this were slim and actually was surprised that Dennison put as many things in for Taylor as he did. In his defense ( I'm not a Dennsion fan thus far) MOST NFL coaches are like this. Rex , for example is a one system coach. Wade Phillips is one of the few coaches ( defensive I know ) who will run whatever the players are most suited for whether a 4-3 or 3-4.  Roman was willing to devise schemes to hide Taylor's flaws, but this staff are not innovators. There is not a Watkins type WR to give Taylor a downfield threat, or demand extra coverage. They don't have the personnel to do the few things Taylor can do well. They need a QB that can work the intermediate routes. Taylors time in Buffalo was on the clock as soon as Anthony Lynn went out the door. Expecting this staff to be different than most NFL assistant coaches is just not being realistic. It's great in theory , but rarely happens. 

6 hours ago, Bangarang said:

The only thing Schopp cares about is being right. He gets off on it. Fortunately for him, the people that call his show are usually total dolts that it’s not very hard for him to be right.

This fact seems to have been lost on many commenters in this thread.

Most of the callers are shockingly unintelligent people.

When a rare good one comes along, Schopp is usually complimentary and respectful of the caller, even if the caller disagrees with Mike.  He is looking for the caller to be logical, support assertions with facts or statistic, etc.

Mike usually says "nice job" at the end of such a call.  

Schopp is just looking for some narrative tension to keep the show interesting.

Constant agreement makes for boring radio.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Um, after watching the Panthers game and the last two games, do you really think TT is an "average" QB who could get us a 9-7 WC spot?

You say "valid" I sadly say "delusional"

Average to below average? Yeah i said it. Thats where he plays at. Hes either average or below averwge on game day. The thought that he could win vs SD, MIAx2, and IND with strong defensive play is very valid, weve already beat better teams than those this year. Does it matter anymore? No. We need to draft a qb high this year period. Im not sold on petermen or this defense, we need a lot of talent we arent even close to being that good.

7 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

It would look like the team made the playoffs in a year with a weak field and a very limited quarterback. Upgrading the QB wouldn't be a shock to anyone who thinks the team should aspire to something more than sneaking into a WC berth. 

Right, We get it cuz we've been watching the games. We kno tyrod cant execute this scheme well at all. To the outside media tho, it would look real billsy, thats my point. 

On 11/15/2017 at 3:56 PM, thenorthremembers said:

I agree, I walked  away from the last week's game with the same feeling I had when I watched E.J. play Jacksonville in London, I cant watch this guy play another down in the NFL.   Schopp is hurt because he put his neck out three weeks ago to write about how Tyrod is better than everyone thinks.   You'd think with all the football the guy has watched over time he would understand stats dont tell the entire story.

E.J. also threw more touchdowns than he did interceptions, didnt mean he could play quarterback with anything short of ineptitude. 

Dopp doesn't believe in culture either even though it's working in Philly, Carolina and KC.

On 11/15/2017 at 4:00 PM, joesixpack said:

He's gotten plenty political in the past. Was practically crying day after election.

The best part of the election was watching libtards cry in agony  :lol:

On 11/15/2017 at 5:30 PM, Bad Things Man said:

Schopp is a dope.  Sounds like a person who never played sports in his life. Sucks that he gets away with being so condescending and dismissive to his call-ins.

He has never played sports (Mayne some little league stuff) an  is why he so annoying, because he rips on things like momentum, culture, and fundamentals. To which we who played know these things are important and there is more to the game than anal-lytics.

On 11/15/2017 at 6:14 PM, T-Bomb said:

Because 103.3 plays crap all the time on my drive home from work.

What happened to the Edge?? They used play real rock and metal and now they are gay as Hell.

43 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Dopp doesn't believe in culture either even though it's working in Philly, Carolina and KC.

The best part of the election was watching libtards cry in agony  :lol:

I'm a conservative but wow... You must be really intelligent.

You changed Schopp, to Dopp? Clever, too me a minute to get that won. And what is your point about Culture? How's it working in Philadelphia or Carolina? Even KC that doesn't really apply, but I'd love to hear. Please explain to this conservative that you'd call a libtard, which is really, again, pathetic. People believe other things than you, get over it. 

You seem like a arrogant child, but it's more likely just an uneducated adult. 

11 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

He has never played sports (Mayne some little league stuff) an  is why he so annoying, because he rips on things like momentum, culture, and fundamentals. To which we who played know these things are important and there is more to the game than anal-lytics.

He's never ripped on fundamentals. Momentum and culture are for the most part facades. You never played sports either. I mean maybe you did at some High School. But that doesn't count. You don't know what you're talking about. Fundamentals are a completely different aspect of the game versus momentum and culture nonsense. I don't buy into that **** either, it's for the mentally weak. 

Edited by Ol Dirty B

9 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I'm a conservative but wow... You must be really intelligent.

You changed Schopp, to Dopp? Clever, too me a minute to get that won. And what is your point about Culture? How's it working in Philadelphia or Carolina? Even KC that doesn't really apply, but I'd love to hear. Please explain to this conservative that you'd call a libtard, which is really, again, pathetic. People believe other things than you, get over it. 

You seem like a arrogant child, but it's more likely just an uneducated adult. 

Because McDermott is using the culture he learned from Philly and Carolina and and Andy Reid who is in KC, and they are winning what's not to understand?

And how did I call you a libtard? That comment was clearly directed at Mike schopp, don't see how you can miss that. Obviously if you're conservative your not mentally challenged liberal.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian