Worthy released for Coleman

Dablitzkrieg

10 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

Never heard one before. Not bad Steve.
not good either though.

I liked Coleman. Guess the Bills wanted to go after something else for awhile.
Gotta expand the portfolio. anyone see worthy's stats so far?
Bad fit? Bad player? He had some decent reviews here at some point i think.

I think the Bills should consider moving on from  A Washington at some point

I know.

Knee jerk reaction is what you are thinking ?

Sounds like they missed wildly on the evaluation of what they had at DT outside of Dareus. You'd have to assume that if they would have know what was in store they would have kept him at least until the end of the season. Now they're grasping at straws to replace the exact same player that they got rid of.

Edited by vincec

1 hour ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Dabney Coleman aka Buffalo Bill?  Coleman the butler from "Trading Places"?

He was great on House of Cards

14 minutes ago, vincec said:

Just so I’m clear on the timeline:

They trade their run stuffing DT, get flatten by two teams in the running game, declare at the subsequent press conference that they don’t miss Dareus’s run stopping ability, and then pick up a new run stuffing DT off the junk pile the very next day. Is that correct?

Yes but he’s a cheaper tub of goo who might be on time for meetings, sober and no sailor hat. Maybe. :ph34r:

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

And they'll still be paying Dareus next year.

They had cap space before the trade... it was an unnecessary hole to put on the team. All in the name of process. 

Notice everyone one of the Bills players that didn't fit the "process" are playing for teams on their way to the playoffs?

Maybe trading Dareus had to do with freeing up cap space, but trading him in the middle of a season when you are trying to make a playoff run was simply about not liking his attitude.

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Maybe the Bills should check their philosophy then.... like I said, EVERY Bills player that wasn't good enough for the process is now on a team going to the playoffs. What does that tell you?

It tells you absolutely nothing. Every current Bills player is on a team that's slotted for a playoff spot. 

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Maybe the Bills should check their philosophy then.... like I said, EVERY Bills player that wasn't good enough for the process is now on a team going to the playoffs. What does that tell you?

I am pretty sure you had them at 2-14 in late August.

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

Yea Jacksonville is really kicking themselves for making the trade.

Thanks for the 6th rounder suckers!

Jacksonville also has negative cap room next year. Malik jackson, calais, and marcel are all making over 10 mil a year. They got a lot of young talent that is gonna have to be resigned but no money to do it

Just now, ScottLaw said:

How do you figure? As of now it looks stupid for the Bills and great for the Jags considering where the team was at when they made the trade and where both teams are now.

Ah yes.... I forgot about process...

Good for the Bills because it frees a lot of cap space by letting go of a player who has provided very poor value. Good for Jags because they don't have to take on all of that cap for a player that has shown dominance during his career and is still under 30.

2 hours ago, Elite Poster said:

This is the front office's self admission that trading 99 was a mistake.

99 didn't want to be here and was highly overpaid for his production.  Why keep him around??  He wasn't playing much anyway.  Not worth the money.

2 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Not really. Let's not forget Dareus was at BEST a 25% snap count "contributor."

I have seen this sorry ass 25%-40% snap count all too many times now. Has anyone thought that only playing him 33% of the time was a boneheaded coaching decision when fully healthy? Maybe playing him a full game would wear out the interior oline line further in the late stages of games creating more QB pressure at the most crucial window of the game.

Let's just see how it unwinds in Jax as he already looks like his former self the last 2 games grading out 6th his first (limited game) with Jax and 2nd per PFF for overall game performance.

But hey, 50% of Bills fans and our rookie coach and FO know more than the rest of the league. What's really mind boggling is how quickly we forget why Dareus was drafted so high to F with Brady's line. McD has not even got a taste of the Pats yet. SMH

And for the record I would have zero problem if we actually had a player to fill his spot that could plug a gap. We obviously don't hence this thread.

1 minute ago, Real McCoy said:

I have seen this sorry ass 25%-40% snap count all too many times now. Has anyone thought that only playing him 33% of the time was a boneheaded coaching decision when fully healthy? Maybe playing him a full game would wear out the interior oline line further in the late stages of games creating more QB pressure at the most crucial window of the game.

Let's just see how it unwinds in Jax as he already looks like his former self the last 2 games grading out 6th his first (limited game) with Jax and 2nd per PFF for overall game performance.

But hey, 50% of Bills fans and our rookie coach and FO know more than the rest of the league. What's really mind boggling is how quickly we forget why Dareus was drafted so high to F with Brady's line. McD has not even got a taste of the Pats yet. SMH

And for the record I would have zero problem if we actually had a player to fill his spot that could plug a gap. We obviously don't hence this thread.

I trust PFF as  much as I do some of the people here, which isn't all that much.

2 hours ago, Elite Poster said:

This is the front office's self admission that trading 99 was a mistake.

Far from it. 99 was going to make another $70 or $80 mill from us and was only doing the things that a 345 pound nobody making a million or two can do. Dareus may have been doing so at a higher level, but was performing so far below the level of his contract it was wildly obvious.

Trading Dareus may have hurt our run defense but it helped our cap status and it seems it also helped the locker room. 

12 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

The fact that he was playing poorly in Buffalo and maybe well in Jax is no reflection on McDermott. It's a reflection on Dareus. Marcel clearly didn't buy in here. I mean, the new guy wanted him to work his ass off, be on time, all that crap. Why would a guy as rich as Marcel want to put up with that nonsense rather than show up on the field and slough off the rest. And screw the rest of the locker room if it has bad repercussions.

1 hour ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

Don't underestimate Coleman. He is ready...

1200x630bb.jpg

To light the way..

tsb-0022.jpg

To generate a pass rush

And to Circle the Wagons

2000021989%20(0).jpg

Hah!! Liking this post a lot, Meanie.

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

It tells me very little, honestly. It tells me that the new administration thought they could do better without them and that they value draft picks. Probably tells me that the playoff teams had the best offers too.

Two to four years down the road we'll start to know how good those trades are. As of now, the grade is an INCOMPLETE. First returns will come in the draft next year.

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

It tells me very little, honestly. It tells me that the new administration thought they could do better without them and that they value draft picks. Probably tells me that the playoff teams had the best offers too.

Two to four years down the road we'll start to know how good those trades are. As of now, the grade is an INCOMPLETE. First returns will come in the draft next year.

Not for ol' Scotty. He thinks that these guys, who did little to nothing as a group here, are the best. Then again, he's also a Tyrod backer, so his judgement is at best questionable.

27 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

The fact that he was playing poorly in Buffalo and maybe well in Jax is no reflection on McDermott. It's a reflection on Dareus. Marcel clearly didn't buy in here. I mean, the new guy wanted him to work his ass off, be on time, all that crap. Why would a guy as rich as Marcel want to put up with that nonsense rather than show up on the field and slough off the rest. And screw the rest of the locker room if it has bad repercussions.

He still rich in Jax no?

I personally 100% disagree with bolded, it's definitely a reflection of McD. It's just so magical that Marrone can get him to play but McD wondered why he could not when only playing him on limited snap counts. He was supposed to be a featured piece to our D. Between Rex's tarded D scheme and McD not even coaching him up and playing him limited, how the hell is he supposed to react to the Buffalo Bills?

We all talk about how important coaching is but forget the basic definition. I'm not trying to be an asswad either but taken from the first line of Wiki. It's a damn good thing Bruce Smithh 2.0 was on this team when McD came over. 

"In sports, a coach is a person involved in the direction, instruction and training of the operations of a sports team or of individual sportspeople. A coach may also be a teacher."

What is in the past is in the past now I guess. Still does not mean I'm going to agree with it at all. The timing was crap and the dead cap hit next year is insane.

Edited by Real McCoy

48 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

He still rich in Jax no?

I personally 100% disagree with bolded, it's definitely a reflection of McD. It's just so magical that Marrone can get him to play but McD wondered why he could not when only playing him on limited snap counts. He was supposed to be a featured piece to our D. Between Rex's tarded D scheme and McD not even coaching him up and playing him limited, how the hell is he supposed to react to the Buffalo Bills?

We all talk about how important coaching is but forget the basic definition. I'm not trying to be an asswad either but taken from the first line of Wiki. It's a damn good thing Bruce Smithh 2.0 was on this team when McD came over. 

"In sports, a coach is a person involved in the direction, instruction and training of the operations of a sports team or of individual sportspeople. A coach may also be a teacher."

What is in the past is in the past now I guess. Still does not mean I'm going to agree with it at all. The timing was crap and the dead cap hit next year is insane.

He's still rich in Jax, but if I remember correctly, Marrone let him get away with being late a lot.

Marrone let him do what he wanted so he played hard. McDermott didn't, so Dareus didn't buy in. As for the limited snap counts, looked to me like if he'd kicked butt they'd have upped his snaps. He didn't.

That's not on McDermott. McDermott's stated goal is to build a team that will consistently compete at a very high level. Not to do whatever is necessary to improve Marcell Dareus' performance so the team does well this year. If he fails to build the team he says he is building towards, McDermott will simply be a failure.  If he succeeds and builds that team, the Dareus move - as part of the build - will have been brilliant.

Edited by Thurman#1

4 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

But I love 340+ pound DTs. Some people love backup QBs who make a few nice throws in garbage time. I love me some spacehogs

And other people love QBs who should be backups and can't make nice throws for a whole game including in garbage time.

Edited by BobChalmers

The Bills are going to play him quite a bit on run downs to try and cut down on the number of 10+ yard runs up the middle.  The dude is big.  Guards and centers would be able to push him around as easily as they've been able to push Buffalo's 295 DTs around.  He's not a long term answer by any means, but an attempt to staunch the bleeding.

10 hours ago, joesixpack said:

I trust PFF as  much as I do some of the people here, which isn't all that much.

True dat!

8 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Dude they got a friggin 6th rounder for him... who exactly do you think they are going to draft with that pick? 

Ill take a a wild guess... that player won't be in the same ball park as Dareus talent wise.... but as long as he buys in on the process while the team racks up the Ls.??

Has nothing to do with the player they get in return, has everything to do with getting out from under his $10M guaranteed in 18. Even you have to know this.

9 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

That's Slap Maxwell.  Here's the opening credits to Buffalo Bill, which did more for Buffalo in 60 seconds than any commercial.  Jimmy Griffin, City Hall...  I loved this show:

You know your Dabney's! Your Dabney game is strong. 

• Haha (+1) 1

McD does have a little of Greg Williams mentality in him........his way or the highway....and some players won't take to that ...Darius was one of those.  I hope the Mc D does better than Greg Williams did here, but, based on the history of the Bills organization, I would not be surprised at all if McD was another epic fail.  17 years caused me to finally give up my tickets.......and I am not looking back on that option.  Its mostly free on TV anyhow...and I don't have to trudge to the studio...I mean stadium.

Coleman had a pretty good preseason.  I was mildly surprised when he was cut.

Maybe he'll help keep guys off of Preston Brown.  I was afraid Preston would be on the injury report for 'bruised glutes'. 

He landed on his little hiny way too often.