Tyrod is a franchise QB

Domdab99

So a QB WHO actually got his team to the playoffs doesnt know what hes talking about?

Seriously 😒?

Ill follow the advice of a former football player over fans on forums. Sorry.

I like you bro so don't take this the wrong way but I think you didn't understand my point.

Dennison runs this offense not Romo. It's easy for a Tyrod hater (not meaning you) to hang on a word Romo says. My point was that there were no quick pass routes. So you can't argue that Romo is calling out Tyrod for not throwing quick pass... which Romo didn't say it that way...if there were no quick pass routes.

Also he is hung up on him calling Tyrod out for not getting rid of the ball fast enough. He made that comment like once over one or two specific plays.

Honestly I think anybody putting this loss on Taylor is an idiot. He did very well with zero protection and drives consisting of penalties and fumbles every time he made a first down.

Edited by Scott7975

Just as consistent as the Bills are to being average or below...

...so to is the never ending battle of supporter vs. skeptics over the Bills average Place Holding QB.

You know that old statement if you have to think about it the player shouldn't be in the Hall of Fame.

Well...

If you have to argue so much about a quarterback there's probably some real issues and if you're arguing as much he's probably not the franchise quarterback.

I find most of us realize TT isn't the long term answer, but he has played pretty well overall this season. The crusaders keep repeating ridiculous, dishonest posting, and then block you for calling them out, because they have no logical arguments.

I guess if I had said he alone was responsible for that great season you might have a point.

For me the difference is that you can rely on Newton to carry a team when called upon, as proven by their SB run.

Am I missing something? You said Cam carried the team in their Super Bowl run. Im saying no he didnt as evidenced by their defensive stats and turnover differential (which was largely driven by their takeaways).

Am I missing something? You said Cam carried the team in their Super Bowl run. Im saying no he didnt as evidenced by their defensive stats and turnover differential (which was largely driven by their takeaways).

If you look at my two posts that you quoted, I said quote you can rely on Newton to carry a team when called upon, as proven by their SB run end quote. If you want to take 'carry' to mean 'he alone was responsible' that's certainly your prerogative, but saying an MVP-winning QB 'carried' his team to a Super Bowl isn't an objectionable statement for 99.9% of people who follow the game of football and its colloquialisms.

If you look at my two posts that you quoted, I said quote you can rely on Newton to carry a team when called upon, as proven by their SB run end quote. If you want to take 'carry' to mean 'he alone was responsible' that's certainly your prerogative, but saying an MVP-winning QB 'carried' his team to a Super Bowl isn't an objectionable statement for 99.9% of people who follow the game of football and its colloquialisms.

When did I say you said he alone was responsible? Okay this is getting too much like cafeteria gossip for my liking. Lets move on.

I absolutely couldnt care less about the MVP award. It means about as much as winning Best Picture at the Oscars.

Edited by HappyDays

I have also preached consistancy this season....I still do

BUT

When every other aspect of the team is failing around Tyrod.....and he is still completing passes with his own OL getting shoved into him every play.......players committing stupid penalties.....the defense falling apart....his recievers fumbling the ball.......

its a little hard to blame it on him....

Just because I bitched about 7 sacks does not mean that I solely blame Tyrod.

But because I did Im a hater and a troll and I dont know jack schit.

The Buffalo Bills are not built to overcome 14 point deficits late in the game.

Where doe the majority of that //quote// blame lie?

I have no f-ing clue.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

When did I say you said he alone was responsible? Okay this is getting too much like cafeteria gossip for my liking. Lets move on.

I absolutely couldnt care less about the MVP award. It means about as much as winning Best Picture at the Oscars.

Literally the second post of this page.

I like you bro so don't take this the wrong way but I think you didn't understand my point.

Dennison runs this offense not Romo. It's easy for a Tyrod hater (not meaning you) to hang on a word Romo says. My point was that there were no quick pass routes. So you can't argue that Romo is calling out Tyrod for not throwing quick pass... which Romo didn't say it that way...if there were no quick pass routes.

Also he is hung up on him calling Tyrod out for not getting rid of the ball fast enough. He made that comment like once over one or two specific plays.

Honestly I think anybody putting this loss on Taylor is an idiot. He did very well with zero protection and drives consisting of penalties and fumbles every time he made a first down.

See my post to John.

I do not blame Taylor alone. Taylor is who I thought he is.

Good, not great. A guy who cant lead the team to a win when the **** hits the fan.

BBFS. I buy Im and then Im disappointed again.

That would be the selfish move, sure. I'm looking out for everyone.

LOL 😂

Before I read through this thread, I'm going to guess that xrushx or whatever his name is has already posted his broken record drivel, failed to provide clear-cut, factual evidence to back his broken record drivel, and has been called out for it by one or more members.

Am I right?

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner

First off, everyone has a different definition for what a franchise QB is, but I'll play along...

I can't believe I'm actually saying this but I believe Tyrod Taylor should be given an extension to be the Bills starter for the foreseeable future...I just can't see any FA or college prospect playing better than him.

In the last several weeks I have seen major improvements as a pocket passer- which I never thought were possible...he is stepping up in the pocket and constantly looking to throw instead of run...are there things he needs to improve? Of course...he takes way too many sacks and could get rid of the ball sooner...but the improvements that are taking place gives me faith in this guy...I would like to see how much better he can get.

...why not start at the top....what is A FRANCHISE QB?......who or IF anyone fits YOUR definition of a FRANCHISE QB?.....seems to me to be one helluva logjam of mediocre QB's at the level and several BELOW mediocrity who astonishingly remain woefully employed out of shear desperation for something masquerading as a QB..............

This is the danger in being a Buffalo Bills fan we've gone through such a far stretch of time without having a true elite quarterback. Tyrod is an above average quarterback but when The run game gets stopped and our defense can't provide multiple turnovers he's not the type of quarterback that can carry a team to victory he needs a strong supporting cast in all phases. He is the quarterback that is very athletic and mobile so obviously last night when there was no pass protection he displayed his athletic ability. But give Tyrod a clean pocket along with all the other quarterbacks in the league and he might be as high as 20th in the league as far as quarterback rankings. Tyrod is a good quarterback he can win some games but don't settle for that in my opinion every year you should be drafting a quarterback until you find an elite franchise quarterback. I think there are many franchise quarterbacks in the league but there are only a very few elite. Kirk cousins is a franchise quarterback. Tom Brady Aaron Rodgers Ben Rothlisberger Russell Wilson drew Brees ...these are all elite quarterbacks in my opinion which is a step above franchise. Tyrod is a good quarterback to get you through and stay competitive but continue drafting until you hit gold

Edited by Finkle Is Einhorn

I see his biggest flaw as not being adept at the quick pass. Throw in some quick passes into the game-plan yesterday and you nullify that pass rush. The loss yesterday was definitely not on his shoulders but franchise quarterbacks can lead their team to wins at times when their team is playing poorly. I don't think TT can do that. I like him, I want to keep him and still draft a QB of the future but he's not a franchise QB.

All the excuses for tyrod are great. Its been 3 years and he still does the same dumb things he did year 1 with the Bills. I dont care who the QB is he just needs to be good. A QB that cannot win if his def does not play lights out is not going to cut it.

What dumb things does he do? Hes 20-17 so cannot win is relative.

<Jeff Foxworthy voice> "When a your starting QB is not the best QB on the field in two-thirds of your NFL season schedule...you might not have a franchise QB."

Taylor definitely has stepped up his game for this debate to become legit, but his three year starting history suggests that his ceiling is probably middle to bottom half of the league and that will not be good enough for long term plans. He has a good opportunity to prove himself if he gets the team in the playoffs and they make a good run at the Super Bowl. If his play is inconsistent, then there will be a QB competition next training camp, and if he loses that, then he will be probably traded for a decent 2019 draft pick.

I have also preached consistancy this season....I still do

BUT

When every other aspect of the team is failing around Tyrod.....and he is still completing passes with his own OL getting shoved into him every play.......players committing stupid penalties.....the defense falling apart....his recievers fumbling the ball.......

its a little hard to blame it on him....

So true, yesterday was more about the complete lack of focus and execution by the rest of the team rather than TT's performance.

If you watch the condensed version of the game, and just concentrate on how much time Tyrod had, and more importantly space to throw, versus Josh McCown, it's insane. Play to play. Not even in the same universe.

Yes but why didn't we call plays to nullify the pass rush?

Whenever the Pats play a super stout pass rush they go with quick passes. Do the playcallers not trust Tyrod with quick passes?

I mean, it could be the receivers not able to get separation for those routes, I genuinely am interested. Again, I'm not a Tyrod hater and the blame should not be mostly on him.

There's maybe 6-8 franchise QBs in the NFL...TT ain't one of them....He's serviceable and the best we've had in a while, but he's not to that level....Big Ben, Brees, Rodgers, Brady, Wilson...those guys are franchise QB....

Don't forget Stanford and Luck who signed huge contracts

I read an article that said hes not allowed to do so. Who knows if thats true, but it were the case its quite damning.

I posted it here earlier but Kubiak didnt let Schaub audible in his 10th year. He was considered a cerebral vet. Dennison is a Kubiak disciple. It seems to me that its something that they just dont allow. Its seems like dont and not cant.

I posted it here earlier but Kubiak didnt let Schaub audible in his 10th year. He was considered a cerebral vet. Dennison is a Kubiak disciple. It seems to me that its something that they just dont allow. Its seems like dont and not cant.

I recall a struggle when they first got to Denver too and Peyton was there.