Tyrod is a franchise QB

Domdab99

15-20 for over 100 yards and a TD before the wheels came off this team

Sounds like an average Tyrod game, less than 200 yds passing, 1 TD and less than 30 attempts, you're telling me his best came before garbage time when we only put up 7 pts in 3 quarters and not 14 in the 4th?

Sounds like an average Tyrod game, less than 200 yds passing, 1 TD and less than 30 attempts, you're telling me his best came before garbage time when we only put up 7 pts in 3 quarters and not 14 in the 4th?

Im not telling you anything.....im posting a fact...sorry a stat.....he was actually 1 point less or more in rating after garbage time......285 yards total....29-40 entire game with 2 TD and 1 rushing TD.....take it however you want......there you go......

Edited by JPP

Tyrod is NOT a franchise QB. He is an acergae QB at best. Hope the FO has a good plan for the QB situation next year. Either draft or go for a guy like Cousins or a crazy trade like Cam Newton or Andrew Luck. We have to do Something because Tyrod is NOT the answer.

Haha, franchise QB?

Sure the Bills thing to do is resign him to a higher contract then when this staff gets fired for no playoffs we can continue paying him when the next staff dumps him. Wash repeat

Maybe someday we will draft a franchise worthy QB until then we still have no end in sight trying to find a franchise worthy QB because Tyrod is no different then Fitz or Trent, got the stats but when needed can't get enough done to get the wins.

Tyrod is NOT a franchise QB. He is an acergae QB at best. Hope the FO has a good plan for the QB situation next year. Either draft or go for a guy like Cousins or a crazy trade like Cam Newton or Andrew Luck. We have to do Something because Tyrod is NOT the answer.

Great take since the start of last season:

Cam - 54.6%, 271 total yards a game, 37 TDs, 28 turnovers

Tyrod - 62.9%, 237 total yards a game, 35 TDs, 11 turnovers

You guys need to watch more football!!

• Like (+1) 1

I'm off the opinion that there are only ever maybe 3-5 "franchise QB's" in the league at any one time and they are the elite of the elite. I find people like to equate every starting QB as a franchise guy similar to how in baseball every team has an "ace" but very few are actually what you would call an ace.

Great take since the start of last season:

Cam - 54.6%, 271 total yards a game, 37 TDs, 28 turnovers

Tyrod - 62.9%, 237 total yards a game, 35 TDs, 11 turnovers

You guys need to watch more football!!

I watch enough football to know a few of those Newton turnovers are tough to pin on him.

Okay but he is currently leading the league in INTs. His TD:turnover is 1.48:1. Tyrod is at 3.18:1. Thats WAY different.

One is a playoff QB proven by a solid season the other can't even get a wild card.

Im in the jurys out group with a slight lean towards yes. Hes as good as a lot of the QBs in the league and gives his team a chance unless they are awful (see last night). He has some shortcomings but outside of 2 or 3 guys everyone does.

I generally agree with this, and would suggest that last night he may have been the best option on the planet (not named Brady) given the poor OLine play in front of him. Geez, I didnt realize how good his numbers were in that fire drill....

Edited by Augie

One is a playoff QB proven by a solid season the other can't even get a wild card.

Look at the above and start watching and learning football. Almost every post from you is wrong. You may have the least accurate takes on this entire board. If you can look at the last year and a half and say that Cam is a franchise QB now but Tyrod cant be you arent paying attention. You lie but numbers dont.
  • Like (+1) 1

Okay but he is currently leading the league in INTs. His TD:turnover is 1.48:1. Tyrod is at 3.18:1. Thats WAY different.

It's true that Newton has been playing sub average of late, and I'm not saying Taylor doesn't protect the ball well. It's one of his best attributes. But contextually speaking there are QBs responsible for a significantly heavier load of their offense, and the various throws/decisions and resultant turnovers that such responsibility entails.

Yeah, because we’re going to ignore the other billion factors involved. Why not? What have you done for me lately also comes to mind.

No he is not.

7 sacks because hes too gunshy to pull the trigger at the end of his dropback.

This statement alone either shows you cant move past your biased hatred or you actually dont understand football. To put the 7 sacks on him is beyond stupid. Our OL was DOMINATED last night, and its not even debatable. TT took a lot of big hits standing in there and delivering the ball too beyond the 7 sacks. In fact, if not for TT there probably would have been 12 sacks. Sure, a couple of them didnt happen right after the snap, but to throw your guys also have to be open, so not even fair to just default to its TT fault without first looking if he had anywhere to go with the ball.

It's true that Newton has been playing sub average of late, and I'm not saying Taylor doesn't protect the ball well. It's one of his best attributes. But contextually speaking there are QBs responsible for a significantly heavier load of their offense, and the various throws/decisions and resultant turnovers that such responsibility entails.

Thats why I painted the whole picture. Cam is absolutely less efficient but isnt much different in terms of the gross stats on the positive side.