Tyrod is a franchise QB

Domdab99

Well I was trying to keep the focus on the facts and not incite personal attacks and troll posts like this one. If you ahve a problem with what I said, watch the plays and tell me why it's wrong.

These are SUCCESSFUL plays showing Taylor not maximizing opportunities. If you want proof of the same thing when the play isn't successful I have hundreds to choose from.

I agree he misses some open receivers, but the same is true for every QB. Based on his performance and numbers, I think he did a remarkably good job given the lack of protection. To throw the ball away means no chance for some of the big plays he makes after surviving the initial rush. I like that he can keep the play alive, even if hes not perfect. Another QB might have had double digit sacks last night. The OLine was abysmal. (But you insinuating Im the troll is hysterical!)

Last I heard he wasnt coming along at the rate that they expected. This was about a month ago.

Interesting. Isnt it hard mid-season? How many reps does he even get? For the sofa observers here, its hard to know whats really going on. Edited by Augie

Care to name which QBs he is better than?? Or are you going to continue to parade around like the douchebag your posts make you look like. No way he is top 10.

http://www.businessinsider.com/nfl-qb-power-rankings-week-9-2017-10

Here this should help. I think he is middle of the pack a bit better but this is close.

He proved it last night. There is no QB in the league who could've done better that TT did last night. Constant pressure, a sieve of an OL...but he kept it calm and cool and did what he could. Hit every damn receiver he had all over the field.

If anyone ever again says he can't throw over the middle, you need to turn in your Bills card.

The running game was awful. His receiver dropped balls and fumbled. He had three monsters in his face hitting him within 2 seconds of just about ever play. He still fought and still had a good game.

I know it sounds strange after such a drubbing, but this may be the game that we look back on and point to when we say, "Tyrod is finally the Man."

Embarrassing loss, yes. But don't blame Tyrod. He played great.

No, Tyrod is not a franchise QB and no human on the planet, who is not a Bills fan, would suggest otherwise.

No, Tyrod is not a franchise QB and no human on the planet, who is not a Bills fan, would suggest otherwise.

Hyperbole alert again!! About half of the neutral people believe that he is. Thats why its such a polarizing topic. You must have missed this: http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21251222/the-great-debate-buffalo-bills-quarterback-tyrod-taylor

http://es.pn/2lI1uD5

Edited by Kirby Jackson

TT is top 20

maybe Top 15

we need better

unfortunately we have a couple of O-lineman who aren't Top 32

Agreed. Look at the list above. Several of those guys are long in the tooth. A year or two left maybe, so what’s that worth? That moves Tyrod up a bit as far as guys I’d want. We are not a SB team this year with the right QB.

Agreed. Look at the list above. Several of those guys are long in the tooth. A year or two left maybe, so what’s that worth? That moves Tyrod up a bit as far as guys I’d want. We are not a SB team this year with the right QB.

Good O-lines rarely make bad QBs good - they just give them more time to make bad decisions. Roethlisberger has had bad lines his whole career, Russel Wilson has the worst line int he league by a mile, Tom Brady hasn't had a good line in a decade. Rodgers lines have almost always been bad, Watson had a bad line, Brees, Rivers, etc.

It takes 5 players to make a good oline. It takes one good QB to drastically reduce their relevance.

Edited by BullBuchanan

Good O-lines rarely make bad QBs good - they just give them more time to make bad decisions. Roethlisberger has had bad lines his whole career, Russel Wilson has the worst line int he league by a mile, Tom Brady hasn't had a good line in a decade. Rodgers lines have almost always been bad, Brees, Rivers, etc.

It takes 5 players to make a good oline. It takes one good QB to drastically reduce their relevance.

Nice, pick 6 top QB’s then say Tyrod isn’t as good. Do you even hear yourself? NOBODY says Tyrod is top 6, or even close. I’m becoming very tired of you and your agenda.

17 hours ago, Domdab99 said:

He proved it last night. There is no QB in the league who could've done better that TT did last night. Constant pressure, a sieve of an OL...but he kept it calm and cool and did what he could. Hit every damn receiver he had all over the field.

If anyone ever again says he can't throw over the middle, you need to turn in your Bills card. 

The running game was awful. His receiver dropped balls and fumbled. He had three monsters in his face hitting him within 2 seconds of just about ever play. He still fought and still had a good game.

I know it sounds strange after such a drubbing, but this may be the game that we look back on and point to when we say, "Tyrod is finally the Man." 

Embarrassing loss, yes. But don't blame Tyrod. He played great. 

I would disagree fully.  The last several weeks show exactly what we have - a QB that does enough to win if everything else is working fine, but not good enough if anything goes wrong.

He is Alex Smith 2.0 - a bit better athletically, but not as good of a passer and plays with less anticipation.

TT is a stopgap and if they draft a guy high then great bring him back to hold down the fort, but he can not be a teacher to the young kid - unless you get Watson or Lamar Jackson type.  

Tyrod is a top 15 qb that can get us to the playoffs. He was already solid but has improved this year in certain aspects of his game. He has used the middle of the field, shown more patience and field awareness. He was one of the few players that showed up on Thursday night as we were dominated in the trenches on both sides of the ball.

15 minutes ago, KW95 said:

Bills fans have suffered through so much bad football they can’t recognize good football. And what we saw on Thursday was bad football on every level; including terrible TT.

That’s odd. The people that watch the most football (like the pff guys) disagree. The people that only watch Bills football have little to no frame of reference.

6 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

That’s odd. The people that watch the most football (like the pff guys) disagree. The people that only watch Bills football have little to no frame of reference.

First, Taylor played reasonably well in a game that he was constantly under siege. So let's put that issue aside. Anyone who criticizes his performance in that debacle of a game (from an OL standpoint) is simply being unfair. Given that you bring up a point, maybe unintended, that when you watch other games there is a distinct limitation to his game when compared to more well-rounded qbs. Taylor isn't an inexperienced qb. He has been in the league for seven years, and he has started for three years. When watching his games in comparison to more accomplished qbs it is clearly evident that his passing game is much more simplistic. In the Jets game, Josh McCown, a savvy but pedestrian qb at best, exhibited an ability to play a much fuller and sophisticated offense than Taylor could play. That to me is a fatal flaw that he will never overcome. And that is the source of my determination to find a better option at qb. 

I was getting gas and you know how some pumps have TVs now? They were showing Taylor's escape and TD throw to Holmes vs the Raiders. 

So now everyone sees that and thinks "wow, that QB is amazing!" Just like how we look at other QBs and wish ours was that amazing.

Perspective. 

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I was getting gas and you know how some pumps have TVs now? They were showing Taylor's escape and TD throw to Holmes vs the Raiders. 

So now everyone sees that and thinks "wow, that QB is amazing!" Just like how we look at other QBs and wish ours was that amazing.

Perspective. 

This...the good QBs don't look great the whole game....they just have their moments...I'm starting to think that Bills fans underrate Tyrod because they watch his whole games and expect him to be great at on every play- which is just not reasonable.

4 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Perspective. 

So you’re saying the people who think he’s amazing because of seeing only the good plays are just as wrong as people here who rave about other QBs for the same reason?

2 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

This...the good QBs don't look great the whole game....they just have their moments...I'm starting to think that Bills fans underrate Tyrod because they watch his whole games and expect him to be great at on every play- which is just not reasonable.

I've said for years. We watch and analyze every second of Bills games and the warts stick out to us. Then we compare it with the highlights of other games. 

4 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I've said for years. We watch and analyze every second of Bills games and the warts stick out to us. Then we compare it with the highlights of other games. 

If we aren't able to make a mega deal for Josh Rosen in the draft, I'm all for building around Tyrod 

Edited by JaCrispy

15 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Perspective. 

that's all i heard friday.  how jealous the panthers fans were and other coworkers were that we had a qb who was a "gamer"

taylor gets a lot of respect outside of bills fans.

1 minute ago, JaCrispy said:

If we aren't able to make a mega deal for Josh Rosen in the draft, I'm all for building around Tyrod 

This regime expects players to earn their playing time. So if Tyrod is still starting down the road it's because McDermott thinks he's the best option. 

I do still think they will draft a QB. I don't think that QB will be handed the starting job. Expect Taylor to start in '18.

2 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

from what i have seen of rosen - very little because i don't have time for college football...

we are building for a type of QB for him.  i think 50% of the benjamin trade was due to planning after taylor.  and i am fairly certain that we are going in to 2018 with Taylor as the starter as I had said prior to the season.  i had spoke to a few people at hammers lot and again the next week in carolina that said he was fairly certain to be our 2018 starter unless he **** the bed.

i expect we won't have a full time replacement for taylor until 2018

47 minutes ago, JohnC said:

First, Taylor played reasonably well in a game that he was constantly under siege. So let's put that issue aside. Anyone who criticizes his performance in that debacle of a game (from an OL standpoint) is simply being unfair. Given that you bring up a point, maybe unintended, that when you watch other games there is a distinct limitation to his game when compared to more well-rounded qbs. Taylor isn't an inexperienced qb. He has been in the league for seven years, and he has started for three years. When watching his games in comparison to more accomplished qbs it is clearly evident that his passing game is much more simplistic. In the Jets game, Josh McCown, a savvy but pedestrian qb at best, exhibited an ability to play a much fuller and sophisticated offense than Taylor could play. That to me is a fatal flaw that he will never overcome. And that is the source of my determination to find a better option at qb. 

The flip side is that he does things that NO other QB can. That’s why he is so polarizing. He’s extremely unconventional. Here are the 1st round QBs over the last 5 drafts: EJ, Bortles, Manziel, Bridgewater, Jameis, Mariota, Goff, Wentz, Lynch, Trubisky, Watson, and Mahomes. Outside of Wentz and Watson are any of these guys “definitely better?” It looked like Mariota and Jameis were on their way but haven’t been better this year. Goff has improved a lot and may get there. He’s way better than EJ, Bortles, Johnny, Teddy, and Lynch. Mahomes hasn’t had a chance and Trubisky hasn’t looked good. The entire point is that for everyone that thinks it’s so easy to upgrade, it isn’t. It is more likely to be worse than better. That doesn’t mean that they shouldn’t take a shot if the right guy is there. They should. We should just have the appropriate expectations. If this team dumps Tyrod and ends up with Bortles all of this progress is out the window and McDermott and Beane will be shown the door. If you are going to get a guy you can’t be wrong. 

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I agree with this.  But it should be the OCs job to design an offense that allows TT to use HIS unique talents that most other NFL QBs can't touch.    More read option, more moving pocket, more designed runs.    He's limited in his passing tree but few QBs have his legs and movement skills.   

I'd love to see what Andy Reid could do with TT...

9 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The flip side is that he does things that NO other QB can. That’s why he is so polarizing. He’s extremely unconventional. Here are the 1st round QBs over the last 5 drafts: EJ, Bortles, Manziel, Bridgewater, Jameis, Mariota, Goff, Wentz, Lynch, Trubisky, Watson, and Mahomes. Outside of Wentz and Watson are any of these guys “definitely better?” It looked like Mariota and Jameis were on their way but haven’t been better this year. Goff has improved a lot and may get there. He’s way better than EJ, Bortles, Johnny, Teddy, and Lynch. Mahomes hasn’t had a chance and Trubisky hasn’t looked good. The entire point is that for everyone that thinks it’s so easy to upgrade, it isn’t. It is more likely to be worse than better. That doesn’t mean that they shouldn’t take a shot if the right guy is there. They should. We should just have the appropriate expectations. If this team dumps Tyrod and ends up with Bortles all of this progress is out the window and McDermott and Beane will be shown the door. If you are going to get a guy you can’t be wrong. 

Yes.  Jameis and Mariota for SURE.

Edited by jmc12290

1 minute ago, jmc12290 said:

Yes.  Jameis and Mariota for SURE.

You sure about that? Mariota has 7 TDs in 6 starts on a talented offense. That includes a whooping 4 Fgs against the Browns!! Two of those other games were against the Raiders and Colts defenses. That’s not good and by most accounts he’s been disappointing.

We saw Jameis a week a couple of weeks ago. He is what he is, a lot of plays and a lot of mistakes. His rating, QBR, etc... are all below TT (again). We all agree that decision making is important and Jameis has struggled mightily there despite a loaded offense. 

I’m not saying that Tyrod is definitely better or worse. That’s what you are saying. Not surprising however from a guy that thinks Siemian is better!!

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

You sure about that? Mariota has 7 TDs in 6 starts on a talented offense. That includes a whooping 4 Fgs against the Browns!! Two of those other games were against the Raiders and Colts defenses. That’s not good and by most accounts he’s been disappointing.

We saw Jameis a week a couple of weeks ago. He is what he is, a lot of plays and a lot of mistakes. His rating, QBR, etc... are all below TT (again). We all agree that decision making is important and Jameis has struggled mightily there despite a loaded offense. 

I’m not saying that Tyrod is definitely better or worse. That’s what you are saying. Not surprising however from a guy that thinks Siemian is better!!

Yes.  Indubitably.

If you polled 32 GMs, I am very confident 32/32 would take Jameis/Mariota over TT tomorrow.

Just now, jmc12290 said:

Yes.  Indubitably.

If you polled 32 GMs, I am very confident 32/32 would take Jameis/Mariota over TT tomorrow.

They probably would. Those guys were picked in the top 2 and have shown flashes. They have high ceilings and favorable contracts. That doesn’t mean that they’ve played better. Most GMs would take Trubisky too at this point. Please make an argument that he is a better player now.

19 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

from what i have seen of rosen - very little because i don't have time for college football...

we are building for a type of QB for him.  i think 50% of the benjamin trade was due to planning after taylor.  and i am fairly certain that we are going in to 2018 with Taylor as the starter as I had said prior to the season.  i had spoke to a few people at hammers lot and again the next week in carolina that said he was fairly certain to be our 2018 starter unless he **** the bed.

i expect we won't have a full time replacement for taylor until 2018

Certainly will be interesting come draft time...while I'm leaning towards Tyrod being back, I also think this FO has shown they are capable of anything.

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

They probably would. Those guys were picked in the top 2 and have shown flashes. They have high ceilings and favorable contracts. That doesn’t mean that they’ve played better. Most GMs would take Trubisky too at this point. Please make an argument that he is a better player now.

Here I thought I was discussing Mariota and Winston? :huh:

Just now, JaCrispy said:

Certainly will be interesting come draft time...while I'm leaning towards Tyrod being back, I also think this FO has shown they are capable of anything.

what upgrades this team for the better more tomorrow and long term - this is where i am on the fence.

an offensive lineman - a wide receiver - a qb

i'm thinking if we just upgraded right guard and right tackle we'd be head and shoulders better.

i don't understand why 2016 was so much better blocking and it isn't the blocking scheme.

i think part of it is taylor is being coached not to move up in the pocket and run like he used to.  he rolls to the outside instead of stepping up in the pocket like he used to and that isn't even with a linebacker spying him.

1 minute ago, jmc12290 said:

Here I thought I was discussing Mariota and Winston? :huh:

You said if you polled 32 GMs they would take those guys. Do you disagree that most GMs would take Trubisky today? I think that they would. That doesn’t mean that he is playing better. It’s the same situation. 

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

You said if you polled 32 GMs they would take those guys. Do you disagree that most GMs would take Trubisky today? I think that they would. That doesn’t mean that he is playing better. It’s the same situation. 

I think some would take Trubisky.  Not all.