Tyrod is a franchise QB

Domdab99

I know you mentioned that you thought it was one of Taylor's best games. Honestly not trying to pick a fight on this, but did you go back and rewatch any of our offense to try to break it down?

I was a major Taylor fan. Love his escapability and arm. I've just completely lost faith in his ability to put the team on his back or even capitalize on mismatches that aren't completely blown plays by the opposing team. I mean, did Jordan Matthews just forget how to play football? He's on pace to have his worst season by over 50% in nearly every statistic. The last two years we've been in the bottom five of YAC. I thought most of last year that would have been poor QB play, but then I started paying attention to how many times Taylor throws to guys who are near or completely motionless, so they get swarmed right upon the catch.

What's funny about all of that is he stopped all of those bad habits the final 8 minutes of the game and he looked great from that point on.

Yes throughout today Ive watched probably every pass play somewhere on Twitter. Every film analyst agrees that Tyrod was the last problem. Only here are people thinking he was bad last night. No offense but I dont think you have the knowledge to say when hes missing open receivers or not. I mean I feel the same way about me, and anyone. We dont know the progressions or anything about the play calls. When you complete 29/40 passes with very little time to throw on almost every play I find it hard to believe hes missing wide open receivers all over the field.

Heres Cian Fahey breaking down Tyrods game:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Cianaf

Several franchise quality throws that he breaks down, before garbage time started.

I dont know if Matthews forgot to play football but hes playing with an injured thumb, dropped a money 4th down pass, and fumbled the ball without contact. He was known for the dropsies in Philly too. I dont think he has a future here, he was thrown into the Darby trade because the Eagles didnt want him.

Franchise QB, or not, we should be able to agree that he has exceeded expectations. In my opinion, he has FAR exceeded expectations.

I wonder if the posters who in the past have included phrases like, "don't get me wrong, I hope he succeeds, but..." will admit that TT is a much better QB than they gave him credit for?

I posted it here earlier but Kubiak didnt let Schaub audible in his 10th year. He was considered a cerebral vet. Dennison is a Kubiak disciple. It seems to me that its something that they just dont allow. Its seems like dont and not cant.

Fair enough. I did forget this fact about the Kubiak/Dennison offense. Its just another reason for me to hate the Dennison offense. Honestly, Im just not confident that TT would do well with audibles, although its unfair to say he wouldnt. Frequently the worst part of his game is the ability to trust his eyes as Romo stated last night. One of his biggest faults is his ability to dissect the defense. He brings a lot of other positive traits to the table, but sometimes they are offset by this deficiency. TT is the best we have, and bringing him back next season makes sense. That doesnt mean I wouldnt be in the market for a QB.

Fair enough. I did forget this fact about the Kubiak/Dennison offense. Its just another reason for me to hate the Dennison offense. Honestly, Im just not confident that TT would do well with audibles, although its unfair to say he wouldnt. Frequently the worst part of his game is the ability to trust his eyes as Romo stated last night. One of his biggest faults is his ability to dissect the defense. He brings a lot of other positive traits to the table, but sometimes they are offset by this deficiency. TT is the best we have, and bringing him back next season makes sense. That doesnt mean I wouldnt be in the market for a QB.

I dont disagree with any of this.

That makes sense.

If we could block it might look very different, but it is what it is....

He proved it last night. There is no QB in the league who could've done better that TT did last night. Constant pressure, a sieve of an OL...but he kept it calm and cool and did what he could. Hit every damn receiver he had all over the field.

If anyone ever again says he can't throw over the middle, you need to turn in your Bills card.

The running game was awful. His receiver dropped balls and fumbled. He had three monsters in his face hitting him within 2 seconds of just about ever play. He still fought and still had a good game.

I know it sounds strange after such a drubbing, but this may be the game that we look back on and point to when we say, "Tyrod is finally the Man."

Embarrassing loss, yes. But don't blame Tyrod. He played great.

No...nope....no....hell no!

Its sad that a franchise who has been so devoid of true franchise QB since basically Kelly, results in accepting anything that doesnt appear to be completely putrid.

Ive beaten this horse into raw meat, so....Ill just leave. But God help us if Beane and McD thinks he is anything more than a one year rental.

No...nope....no....hell no!

Its sad that a franchise who has been so devoid of true franchise QB since basically Kelly, results in accepting anything that doesnt appear to be completely putrid.

Ive beaten this horse into raw meat, so....Ill just leave. But God help us if Beane and McD thinks he is anything more than a one year rental.

The staff likes him.

Yes throughout today Ive watched probably every pass play somewhere on Twitter. Every film analyst agrees that Tyrod was the last problem. Only here are people thinking he was bad last night. No offense but I dont think you have the knowledge to say when hes missing open receivers or not. I mean I feel the same way about me, and anyone. We dont know the progressions or anything about the play calls. When you complete 29/40 passes with very little time to throw on almost every play I find it hard to believe hes missing wide open receivers all over the field.

Heres Cian Fahey breaking down Tyrods game:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Cianaf

Several franchise quality throws that he breaks down, before garbage time started.

I dont know if Matthews forgot to play football but hes playing with an injured thumb, dropped a money 4th down pass, and fumbled the ball without contact. He was known for the dropsies in Philly too. I dont think he has a future here, he was thrown into the Darby trade because the Eagles didnt want him.

See I look at his takes and think the videos show evidence of what I'm trying to say:

* The O'leary play was great, but it's already the beginning of garbage time/go time down by 3 scores

* The nice matthews catch on the sideline for 10 yards was an open throw when he had Thomas r20 yards downfield on the seam where an outside ball would have been just as safe and a much bigger play. I see big time QBs make that play every week

* Comeback route to zay jones again he was wide open by five yards but running back to the LOS while O'Leary was also completely open moving towards the endzone

* TD pass to Zay was fine, but Zay had a 7 yard perimeter around him due to an awesome route. i expect every QB in the league to make that play.

I'm not intentionally trying to hate, I'm just telling you this is a pattern. It's no secret Taylor is a conservative QB, but it's to a detriment. He could still throw safe balls that are more successful that he just doesn't seem to see. He heavily favors wr's whose shoulders are facing him.

The staff likes him.

In the moment - I totally understand. Its not like they were in much of a position to do any significant changes. But now, with a full year with him and a full season of their own scouts and leadjng into the FA period and Draft, no reason - zero, none - to not get their signal caller for the next phase of team development.

In the moment - I totally understand. Its not like they were in much of a position to do any significant changes. But now, with a full year with him and a full season of their own scouts and leadjng into the FA period and Draft, no reason - zero, none - to not get their signal caller for the next phase of team development.

Im talking about now. That doesnt mean they wont get a guy but they are much higher on Tyrod than most people realize. Ironically, they arent too high on Peterman. Edited by Kirby Jackson

See I look at his takes and think the videos show evidence of what I'm trying to say:

* The O'leary play was great, but it's already the beginning of garbage time/go time down by 3 scores

* The nice matthews catch on the sideline for 10 yards was an open throw when he had Thomas r20 yards downfield on the seam where an outside ball would have been just as safe and a much bigger play. I see big time QBs make that play every week

* Comeback route to zay jones again he was wide open by five yards but running back to the LOS while O'Leary was also completely open moving towards the endzone

* TD pass to Zay was fine, but Zay had a 7 yard perimeter around him due to an awesome route. i expect every QB in the league to make that play.

I'm not intentionally trying to hate, I'm just telling you this is a pattern. It's no secret Taylor is a conservative QB, but it's to a detriment. He could still throw safe balls that are more successful that he just doesn't seem to see. He heavily favors wr's whose shoulders are facing him.

Cool new way to hate (intentionally or otherwise)- he made plays he should make, therefore he’s no good. OK, thanks.

Im talking about now. That doesnt mean they wont get a guy but they are much higher on Tyrod than most people realize. Ironically, they arent too high on Peterman.

I thought I remembered Beane saying that Peterman was better than he anticipated

Edited by JaCrispy

Cool new way to hate (intentionally or otherwise)- he made plays he should make, therefore he’s no good. OK, thanks.

Well I was trying to keep the focus on the facts and not incite personal attacks and troll posts like this one. If you ahve a problem with what I said, watch the plays and tell me why it's wrong.

These are SUCCESSFUL plays showing Taylor not maximizing opportunities. If you want proof of the same thing when the play isn't successful I have hundreds to choose from.