Tyrod is a franchise QB

Domdab99

TT well above average now, on his way to "franchise" then - drumroll, harps playing - elite. We should draft nine OL players next year. All 5'9" and under but perfectly square.

...but with freakishly long arms!

He proved it last night. There is no QB in the league who could've done better that TT did last night. Constant pressure, a sieve of an OL...but he kept it calm and cool and did what he could. Hit every damn receiver he had all over the field.

If anyone ever again says he can't throw over the middle, you need to turn in your Bills card.

The running game was awful. His receiver dropped balls and fumbled. He had three monsters in his face hitting him within 2 seconds of just about ever play. He still fought and still had a good game.

I know it sounds strange after such a drubbing, but this may be the game that we look back on and point to when we say, "Tyrod is finally the Man."

Embarrassing loss, yes. But don't blame Tyrod. He played great.

Is this a bait post? Yesterday was one of the worst games of Tyrod's career.

Held onto the ball forever.

Took sacks when plenty of opportunities presented to get rid of the ball

Refused to throw into any sort of coverage until the last two drives

Only throws over the middle to flat footed stationary targets who are five yards open

Taylor proved yesterday that he's probably not a Top 25 QB when it comes to winning football games. If you prefer a guy to play not to lose, He's top 10. Did his team **** the bed? Absolutely. Any QB you want to slap a "franchise" label on needs to at least put them in a position to win. Taylor won't or can't.

Edited by BullBuchanan

He proved it last night. There is no QB in the league who could've done better that TT did last night. Constant pressure, a sieve of an OL...but he kept it calm and cool and did what he could. Hit every damn receiver he had all over the field.

If anyone ever again says he can't throw over the middle, you need to turn in your Bills card.

The running game was awful. His receiver dropped balls and fumbled. He had three monsters in his face hitting him within 2 seconds of just about ever play. He still fought and still had a good game.

I know it sounds strange after such a drubbing, but this may be the game that we look back on and point to when we say, "Tyrod is finally the Man."

Embarrassing loss, yes. But don't blame Tyrod. He played great.

Dude give it up. the guy holds the ball to long because he is to short and cannot see the field from pocket. Gimmick back QB at best and you need to stop embrassing yourself.

Only throws over the middle to flat footed stationary targets who are five yards open

Taylor proved yesterday that he's probably not a Top 25 QB when it comes to winning football games. If you prefer a guy to play not to lose, He's top 10.

No.......THIS is a bait post. And I failed.... Edited by Augie

Franchise QBs know how to audible to hot routes/runs on blitzes. There are too many small nuances to the game that TT fails at.

Bingo, the top 10 QB's in the NFL would've torched single man coverage on both outside WR's. That alone puts a ton of extra pressure on the O-Line not to mention the Jets have the 2nd best D-Line in the NFL.

Very curious to see if the Jets use same game plan against Winston. Will be very telling.

Dude give it up. the guy holds the ball to long because he is to short and cannot see the field from pocket. Gimmick back QB at best and you need to stop embrassing yourself.

And just what is your brilliant, and magical answer to provide an upgrade?

Franchise QBs know how to audible to hot routes/runs on blitzes. There are too many small nuances to the game that TT fails at.

And what if you are not ALLOWED to audible?

No.......THIS is a bait post. And I failed....

No offense, but maybe you weren't paying attention. The people I was watching the game with refused to blame Taylor too, because the line played badly, until i rewinded key plays to show open wrs all over the field that Taylor either didnt trust (because they were covered but open) or couldn't see. Based on the awful batted ball directly into an already raised arm, I seriously believe that Taylor can't at all see over the line and has to rely on repetition and timing to throw to people in the pocket.

Im not a blind Tyrod supporter, but he was under serious fire all night because the line and the scheme impaired him. Was he perfect? Heck no! Was he the main problem? ABSOLUTELY NOT! He had one of the best performances of any player for the Bills last night.

Edited by Augie

No offense, but maybe you weren't paying attention. The people I was watching the game with refused to blame Taylor too, because the line played badly, until i rewinded key plays to show open wrs all over the field that Taylor either didnt trust (because they were covered but open) or couldn't see. Based on the awful batted ball directly into an already raised arm, I seriously believe that Taylor can't at all see over the line and has to rely on repetition and timing to throw to people in the pocket.

So the analysts, Cover 1, Pro Football Focus, etc... werent paying attention but you and your buddies were? Got it

Taylor proved yesterday that he's probably not a Top 25 QB when it comes to winning football games. If you prefer a guy to play not to lose, He's top 10. Did his team **** the bed? Absolutely. Any QB you want to slap a "franchise" label on needs to at least put them in a position

to win. Taylor won't or can't.

This is the first post in the thread where I genuinely wonder if we watched the same game last night.

Matt Ryan wasnt allowed to audible for much of the Super Bowl. Is he not a franchise QB?

Knowing HOW to, and being ALLOWED to is a nuance HE is missing. We won’t know if he CAN unless he is allowed to try.

You must be a lot of fun to watch games with

Thats why I painted the whole picture. Cam is absolutely less efficient but isnt much different in terms of the gross stats on the positive side.

The most telling part is you picked Cam for the comparison. Bush league loser buffalo mentality. Newton...really? Maybe next time use Moore as the comparison?

You must be a lot of fun to watch games with

I know you mentioned that you thought it was one of Taylor's best games. Honestly not trying to pick a fight on this, but did you go back and rewatch any of our offense to try to break it down?

I was a major Taylor fan. Love his escapability and arm. I've just completely lost faith in his ability to put the team on his back or even capitalize on mismatches that aren't completely blown plays by the opposing team. I mean, did Jordan Matthews just forget how to play football? He's on pace to have his worst season by over 50% in nearly every statistic. The last two years we've been in the bottom five of YAC. I thought most of last year that would have been poor QB play, but then I started paying attention to how many times Taylor throws to guys who are near or completely motionless, so they get swarmed right upon the catch.

What's funny about all of that is he stopped all of those bad habits the final 8 minutes of the game and he looked great from that point on.