Tyrod is a franchise QB

Domdab99

8 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

You are proving my point if you read what was going on in this page. You are pretty much agreeing in what I am trying to say

...my apology for the confusion......we are in agreement for crazy money with unproven production.....remember Kolb being a hot Philly commodity after a couple of starts due to injury?......same with Schaub.....they both cashed on their "hot commodity" status and did exactly what thereafter?....plenty of others as well.......

Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...my apology for the confusion......we are in agreement for crazy money with unproven production.....remember Kolb being a hot Philly commodity after a couple of starts due to injury?......same with Schaub.....they both cashed on their "hot commodity" status and did exactly what thereafter?....plenty of others as well.......

No problem at all. And ya, it is crazy.

Osweiler as well of course. Flynn in Seattle.

Teams get so desperate and will do anything to try and land their franchise guy

17 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

In a way yes. It is a fact that Glennon got offered a starting spot with more money than Tyrod, who had to take a paycut to remain a starter for the Bills.

Teams in free agency obviously didn't want Tyrod as a starter for their team, and one team wanted Glennon as their starter.

So I guess you can say there was a slightly better market out there for Glennon opposed to Tyrod.

Which speaks to the inept general managers

What one team did does not prove what most GMs would do. 

13 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I was responding to another poster who tried to say what most GMs would do. I’m just saying I don’t care. Osweiler and Glennon ended up with bigger contracts than Tyrod got. Flacco is still getting paid a massive salary.

I still believe outside of about 8 top tier QBs and 8 bottom tier QBs, most starting QBs are pretty close in skill. I said last year give me Derek Carr’s supporting cast before you give me Derek Carr and based on this year I’m doubling down on that. This draft needs to be about building a team around Tyrod, not selling the farm to bring a question mark QB onto a broken offense.

You could have just agreed with me when I said it was silly to believe most GMs would prefer Glennon over Tyrod instead of doubling down on that point. 

And no, I don’t agree that this draft should be about building around Tyrod. If McD and B.B. don’t believe Tyrod is our long term QB then the plan should be to try and get one. If the opportunity does not present itself then sure, fill holes and add more weapons to give Tyrod or whoever the starter is a better chance at success. But going into the draft with the only intention of building around Tyrod as if he’s our guy I think is wrong.

1 minute ago, billsfan11 said:

Teams did not want Tyrod and one team wanted Glennon....

That would be one more GM wanting Glennon over Tyrod, in terms of teams that needed quarterbacks

Are you being dense on purpose now? How does one GM signing Glennon tell us what most of the other GM thought about him? Or that they would take him over Tyrod. I’ll give you a hint, it doesn’t. 

30 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

In a way yes. It is a fact that Glennon got offered a starting spot with more money than Tyrod, who had to take a paycut to remain a starter for the Bills.

Teams in free agency obviously didn't want Tyrod as a starter for their team, and one team wanted Glennon as their starter.

So I guess you can say there was a slightly better market out there for Glennon opposed to Tyrod.

Which speaks to the inept general managers

Sorry this is a grossly inaccurate statement.  Tyrod was not a FA, so there were no teams that could look at Tyrod as a FA.  And had Tyrod been a FA, he would have been without question the absolute #1 QB on the FA market.  So everything you just said isnt remotely accurate about how teams "didn't want him" when he was NOT available.  The Bills approached him about restructuring and he wanted to remain here and agreed, taking any possibility of him being available to any team off the table.  

Its fairly obvious Taylor would have gotten at the very minimum the same deal Glennon got, and quite possibly more being he was invited to the Pro Bowl in both his 2 seasons as a starter, and was a dual threat QB with a fabulous TD:INT ratio despite dealing with a weak WR group due to injuries, a terrible coaching staff, and multiple OC's here.  While Glennon's resume was meh.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Sorry this is a grossly inaccurate statement.  Tyrod was not a FA, so there were no teams that could look at Tyrod as a FA.  And had Tyrod been a FA, he would have been without question the absolute #1 QB on the FA market.  So everything you just said isnt remotely accurate about how teams "didn't want him" when he was NOT available.  The Bills approached him about restructuring and he wanted to remain here and agreed, taking any possibility of him being available to any team off the table.  

Its fairly obvious would have gotten at the very minimum the same deal Glennon got, and quite possibly more being he was invited to the Pro Bowl in both his 2 seasons as a starter, and was a dual threat QB with a fabulous TD:INT ratio despite dealing with a weak WR group due to injuries, a terrible coaching staff, and multiple OC's here.  While Glennon's resume was meh.  

The GM who was leaving (Whaley) wanted to release Taylor. The empowered new regime was willing to keep Taylor under the condition that he take a pay cut. Although technically Taylor was not a free agent he had the ability to refuse taking a pay cut and going to a team that was willing to start him and pay him more. He didn't do it because he through his advisers knew what the other teams were willing to offer. 

I don't agree with how you are portraying his market value within the league. With his own team it was a diminished value because he had to take a pay cut to remain, even with the new staff. Let's not be naïve here. Players and agents skirt the tampering rules all the time. So he not knowing what he could have gotten on the market isn't a fair representation of the situation. My basic point is if he could gotten more from another team and still started I don't think he would have stayed with the team that required him to take less.  

15 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Its fairly obvious Taylor would have gotten at the very minimum the same deal Glennon got, and quite possibly more being he was invited to the Pro Bowl in both his 2 seasons as a starter, and was a dual threat QB with a fabulous TD:INT ratio despite dealing with a weak WR group due to injuries, a terrible coaching staff, and multiple OC's here.  While Glennon's resume was meh.  

My number 1 point is  GMS are desperate for QBS as they will give mediocre QBS big contracts.. I am in 100 percent agreement with you that Tyrod is way better than Glennon. I like Tyrod.

And yes you are correct about the free agency that was my mistake. There was an option for Tyrod's contract in which the Bills were not going to pick up.

It was basically, re structure and take a paycut, or not going to bring TT back.

I can almost guarantee Tyrod's agent told him to take a paycut and stay with the Bills, because he obviously felt there was not much demand for him in the open market.

If he felt like Tyrod could have gotten a big contract, he wouldn't have re structured with the Bills and would have hit free agency as the Bills were not going to pick up that massive option. That is the part I guess  I disagree with you. Why settle for less with the Bills, if you can make as much as Glennon and lock up lots of guaranteed money?

My overall argument though is Tyrod is much better than Glennon, as I was just trying to prove that GMS are usually inept at scouting QB talent, as they throw massive money away to mediocre QBS. Like Glennon

12 minutes ago, JohnC said:

The GM who was leaving (Whaley) wanted to release Taylor. The empowered new regime was willing to keep Taylor under the condition that he take a pay cut. Although technically Taylor was not a free agent he had the ability to refuse taking a pay cut and going to a team that was willing to start him and pay him more. He didn't do it because he through his advisers knew what the other teams were willing to offer. 

I don't agree with how you are portraying his market value within the league. With his own team it was a diminished value because he had to take a pay cut to remain, even with the new staff. Let's not be naïve here. Players and agents skirt the tampering rules all the time. So he not knowing what he could have gotten on the market isn't a fair representation of the situation. My basic point is if he could gotten more from another team and still started I don't think he would have stayed with the team that required him to take less.  

None of that changes that Taylor was NOT a FA, teams were NOT bidding on him, and Taylor did NOT want to leave.  Taylor made the decision to stay for less and prove himself to the new coaching staff.  To falsely twist that to say he only did so because there was no FA market is completely false.  Its against the NFL rules for teams to negotiate with a player that is not a FA in the first place.

So again, for anyone to state that there was no FA market for Taylor is just not accurate and a completely made up statement.  Everything you said in your post is all just your personal speculation.  When it was unknown whether or not Taylor would be back, just about everyone stated he would be the top FA QB on the market if the Bills didn't retain him, and that was very obvious.  And there were plenty of people who said the Bills would be crazy to cut him around the NFL, including Polian if I am not mistaken.

QB's are at a premium in the NFL, and a 2 year starter who was invited to the Pro Bowl both years who is a dual threat and accomplished what he did under poor circumstances due to injuries, a coaching disaster, OC turnover, and what was overly seen as a dysfunctional Bills franchise over those 2 years was only going to strengthen his case for a team to see upside.  We are talking about a league who gives guys like Osweiller big contracts despite mediocre at best showings.  Sure, not every team felt that way about him, but plenty of people around the NFL think highly of TT now and then.

So again, the original comment how there was no FA market is a completely false.

Edited by Alphadawg7

27 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Not exactly true, Tyrod didn’t want to leave. 

I guess we will never know. Although I think he would have left Buffalo if some team gave him even a mike glennon type of deal. Why wouldn't he really?

I don't think there was too much of a market for him

I like  TT. This no bash against him. I'm happy he re signed with the Bills

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

None of that changes that Taylor was NOT a FA, teams were NOT bidding on him, and Taylor did NOT want to leave.  Taylor made the decision to stay for less and prove himself to the new coaching staff.  To falsely twist that to say he only did so because there was no FA market is completely false.  Its against the NFL rules for teams to negotiate with a player that is not a FA in the first place.

So again, for anyone to state that there was no FA market for Taylor is just not accurate and a completely made up statement.  Everything you said in your post is all just your personal speculation.  When it was unknown whether or not Taylor would be back, just about everyone stated he would be the top FA QB on the market if the Bills didn't retain him, and that was very obvious.  And there were plenty of people who said the Bills would be crazy to cut him around the NFL, including Polian if I am not mistaken.

QB's are at a premium in the NFL, and a 2 year starter who was invited to the Pro Bowl both years who is a dual threat and accomplished what he did under poor circumstances due to injuries, a coaching disaster, OC turnover, and what was overly seen as a dysfunctional Bills franchise over those 2 years was only going to strengthen his case for a team to see upside.  We are talking about a league who gives guys like Osweiller big contracts despite mediocre at best showings.  Sure, not every team felt that way about him, but plenty of people around the NFL think highly of TT now and then.

So again, the original comment how there was no FA market is a completely false.

Your post is pure speculation, respectively as well. How do you know Taylor wanted to prove himself to the new coaching staff? Why wouldn't he want to leave if he can lock up a big contract with tons of guaranteed money?

2 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

My number 1 point is  GMS are desperate for QBS as they will give mediocre QBS big contracts.. I am in 100 percent agreement with you that Tyrod is way better than Glennon. I like Tyrod.

And yes you are correct about the free agency that was my mistake. There was an option for Tyrod's contract in which the Bills were not going to pick up.

It was basically, re structure and take a paycut, or not going to bring TT back.

I can almost guarantee Tyrod's agent told him to take a paycut and stay with the Bills, because he obviously felt there was not much demand for him in the open market.

If he felt like Tyrod could have gotten a big contract, he wouldn't have re structured with the Bills and would have hit free agency as the Bills were not going to pick up that massive option. That is the part I guess  I disagree with you. Why settle for less with the Bills, if you can make as much as Glennon and lock up lots of guaranteed money?

My overall argument though is Tyrod is much better than Glennon, as I was just trying to prove that GMS are usually inept at scouting QB talent, as they throw massive money away to mediocre QBS. Like Glennon

I totally agree with you about the mediocre QB's getting big contracts, hence why I said a 2 year starter invited to the Pro Bowl both years playing with an inept coaching staff, multiple OC's, and a slew of injuries to his only weapons at WR were going to prop TT value up more in those that like him.  And make no mistake about it, TT has a lot of supporters in the NFL, as well as detractors.  

There would have been a good market for him.  At the end of the day, the agent can recommend what ever he wants to the player.  But its the player's decision, and TT said all along he did not want to leave Buffalo.  And I also think its a 100% certainty that TT would have gotten more money on the open market than he did taking a pay cut.  He was a better QB than Glennon who got more money, he easily gets the same deal or more.  So if it was about the money, TT would have not taken the pay cut and made the Bills pay him or cut him.  

All good, you are a good poster and stuff...I just disagree about this FA stuff because none of it adds up to me.  

On 11/3/2017 at 10:31 AM, Domdab99 said:

He proved it last night. There is no QB in the league who could've done better that TT did last night. Constant pressure, a sieve of an OL...but he kept it calm and cool and did what he could. Hit every damn receiver he had all over the field.

If anyone ever again says he can't throw over the middle, you need to turn in your Bills card.

The running game was awful. His receiver dropped balls and fumbled. He had three monsters in his face hitting him within 2 seconds of just about ever play. He still fought and still had a good game.

I know it sounds strange after such a drubbing, but this may be the game that we look back on and point to when we say, "Tyrod is finally the Man."

Embarrassing loss, yes. But don't blame Tyrod. He played great.

Unless David Carr was also a franchise QB, I'm having a hard time understanding how taking a beating and generating 7 points in the 3 1/2 quarters before garbage time makes one a 'franchise QB'. 

5 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

Your post is pure speculation, respectively as well. How do you know Taylor wanted to prove himself to the new coaching staff? Why wouldn't he want to leave if he can lock up a big contract with tons of guaranteed money?

No, Taylor flat out said all along over and over again he wants to stay in Buffalo.  There is no speculation on that unless you think he was lying.  And he clearly proved that to be true when he took less money than QB's who weren't as good as him, with way less success than him, way less on their resume, and failed already as starters when they had the chance to start.  

There is no doubt at all Tyrod would have been top FA QB and would have made more leaving.  Yet he stayed anyway.  To twist that to say there was no marker for him is just not accurate.  Teams cant negotiate with him in the first place, any team doing so was in violation of tampering.  

Every single thing points to Taylor choosing Buffalo over more money including Taylor flat out saying so before, during and after the time period where it wasn't clear if he would be back or not. 

PS:  There are a lot of GM's who have been quoted many times that the Bills would be nuts to cut Taylor, he has a lot of support around league as well as some that don't believe in him.  Only takes one of those teams that thinks highly of him to sign him, he would have 100% made more money leaving Buffalo.  Yet he stayed, just like he proclaimed he wanted.

Edited by Alphadawg7

31 minutes ago, JohnC said:

(1) The "Whaley wanted to release Taylor" thing is a common statement. Care to guess how much evidence exists to back it up? Right : Zero. It was speculation from sportswriters, who never had any statement from Whaley, never had any statement from a Bill, never had any off-the-record remark, never had any second hand comment supposedly leading back to the team's front office, never had anything but their own theories. Was management talking-down Taylor behind the scenes? Possibly. But if they were, they were very careful about what they let out. Personally, I think they were probably posturing towards a restructure from day-one. They never had a real plan-B, they just didn't want to commit to Taylor long-term.

(2) Speaking of speculation, no one knows what Taylor could have got on the open market because it never reached that far. My speculation was he stood no chance of getting the long-term cash of his old contract, but could have done as well or a bit better than his new. But that was irrelevant from Taylor's perspective, because his real question was where is the best place to play to set up his next deal? Cleveland? The Jets? Even granting he wanted to stay a Bill, a major part of his decision had to be where could he play to give him the best chance to earn a big payday. If I had to guess, I'd say he's looking long-term.

Edited by grb

I haven't read a single post in this thread and can't imagine the heat but it's getting right now, but I think you might be right. That loss on Thursday might actually have been the tipping point. We have eight more games to go, but that was a damn impressive game in dire circumstances for Taylor.

He has really progressed in terms of moving around in the pocket,  which is absolutely something that a shorter QB needs to do in order to pass from the pocket. He can't just stand tall in there and deliver because he needs to be able to see over the towers around him. 

Without even reading this thread I can already foresee all the crap that people are saying. But just listen to and look at what McDermott has been saying in the last few weeks. Looks like they might be thinking Taylor is our future, as well. McDermott already set it before the start of the season, anyway.

And just some interesting facts:

Against the Jets

-the Bills averaged  8.6 yards to go on 3rd down.

-the Bills had 7 plays of zero or negative yards attributable to anyone but Taylor (6 RB rushes & one idiotic snap)

-"Garbage time" is an overrated discussion, but only 110 passing yards and 1 passing TD were in "garbage time." (It really didn't look like the Jets let up at any point on defense, though)

On the year 

-Taylor has faced the 2nd most 3rd and longs (8+ yards) amongst QBs in the NFL. 1st is Phillip Rivers. Yet...

-Taylor has the 7th best 3rd down conversion % when passing in the NFL.

-Taylor has the 5th highest passer rating in the NFL when trailing. Get rid of those "garbage time" yards & TD and he drops only to 6th, but if I did that I'd have to find "garbage time" (which exists really not just when you're really far behind but also when you're really far ahead) for every other QB. So... 5th.

This faction arguing "Taylor's just not good enough" seems to be getting smaller and smaller or quieter and quieter by the week (there are a couple posters I've noticed during the year who only popped their heads out briefly for comments after Carolina and Cincinnati... too funny), which is a testament to how generally steady Taylor has been all year.

I'm still not ready to buy my Taylor jersey, but he might be our guy :thumbsup:

7 hours ago, Rochesterfan said:

I would disagree fully.  The last several weeks show exactly what we have - a QB that does enough to win if everything else is working fine, but not good enough if anything goes wrong.

I think this statement is a bit unfair. Tyrod has proven he can win if something goes wrong (as in one or two things going wrong as your post intimates), but EVERYTHING went wrong Thursday night. It's not just, say, the O-line had a tough game, or some bad calls from the refs and he didn't overcome. It was the O-line, the running game, the defense, bad tackling, turnovers, penalties, coaching (why was Tolbert the feature back on one series in the first quarter? Why wasn't Tate active?), etc. There are very few QBs that win a game where every other aspect of the team is failing. Many a great QB has been a part of a total team collapse. Just this year, KC, Pitt, NE, etc. have all had a loss like this where the whole team just looked awful. This entire team just came out flat and didn't recover until the 4th quarter, when it was too late.

I did also want to mention the sacks. I was at the game and so (besides seeing how low energy the whole team was on the sidelines) I could also see the whole field. So, this is my perspective (having not rewatched the game broadcast or All-22):

I would put 2 of the 7 sacks on Tyrod. There was one where he had a crossing route open right in front of him. It would have been a tight throw as one LB was trailing and one approaching from the front, but he should have made the throw---he was gun shy. And then there was one that he should have thrown away. Nothing was open and the pocket was collapsing, but he had enough time to get rid of the ball and didn't. Then there were two that looked like designed QB runs or bootlegs that the Jets totally sniffed out and won on (so not on Tyrod). And the other 3 sacks, he didn't really have an option other than to try and hold onto the ball and not get killed.

Tyrod played well under the circumstances. No, he didn't have enough to lift the team up, but I don't think most QBs can when EVERYTHING is going wrong. And yes, he made mistakes too. So, the loss is on him as much as anyone else. But the team lost, not Tyrod on his own. There is no way this game should be used as ammo against Tyrod.

37 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

I guess we will never know. Although I think he would have left Buffalo if some team gave him even a mike glennon type of deal. Why wouldn't he really?

I don't think there was too much of a market for him

I like  TT. This no bash against him. I'm happy he re signed with the Bills

We kind of do know though. There are some people here that know him pretty well and talked about the situation. He didn’t want to leave.

25 minutes ago, grb said:

(1) The "Whaley wanted to release Taylor" thing is a common statement. Care to guess how much evidence exists to back it up? Right : Zero. It was speculation from sportswriters, who never had any statement from Whaley, never had any statement from a Bill, never had any off-the-record remark, never had any second hand comment supposedly leading back to the team's front office, never had anything but their own theories. Was management talking-down Taylor behind the scenes? Possibly. But if they were, they were very careful about what they let out. Personally, I think they were probably posturing towards a restructure from day-one. They never had a real plan-B, they just didn't want to commit to Taylor long-term.

(2) Speaking of speculation, no one knows what Taylor could have got on the open market because it never reached that far. My speculation was he stood no chance of getting the long-term cash of his old contract, but could have done as well or a bit better than his new. But that was irrelevant from Taylor's perspective, because his real question was where is the best place to play to set up his next deal? Cleveland? The Jets? Even granting he wanted to stay a Bill, a major part of his decision had to be where could he play to give him the best chance to earn a big payday. If I had to guess, I'd say he's looking long-term.

....one helluva objective assessment....VERY nicely done bud PERIOD...............

...a "franchise QB" can take over the command of a game and single handedly (with obvious teammate support following his lead) take his team to victory despite long odds to do so.....a/k/a 4th quarter comebacks in what appears to be the waning and dire moments....TT cannot do this IMO.....and he is not alone in that unique ability......

53 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

No, Taylor flat out said all along over and over again he wants to stay in Buffalo.  There is no speculation on that unless you think he was lying.  And he clearly proved that to be true when he took less money than QB's who weren't as good as him, with way less success than him, way less on their resume, and failed already as starters when they had the chance to start.  

There is no doubt at all Tyrod would have been top FA QB and would have made more leaving.  Yet he stayed anyway.  To twist that to say there was no marker for him is just not accurate.  Teams cant negotiate with him in the first place, any team doing so was in violation of tampering.  

Every single thing points to Taylor choosing Buffalo over more money including Taylor flat out saying so before, during and after the time period where it wasn't clear if he would be back or not. 

PS:  There are a lot of GM's who have been quoted many times that the Bills would be nuts to cut Taylor, he has a lot of support around league as well as some that don't believe in him.  Only takes one of those teams that thinks highly of him to sign him, he would have 100% made more money leaving Buffalo.  Yet he stayed, just like he proclaimed he wanted.

But a lot of what you are saying is pure speculation as well. How do you know he would be the top FA? That alone is speculation and a guess 

He obviously stayed in Buffalo to make a business decision. Would he be staying in Buffalo if he was making 700k a year? No, there were obviously a lot of factors that went into it.

Teams don't have to negotiate with him for him to know the market out there and what he would be making.

You are telling me his agent didn't do his homework and gave Tyrod a rough estimate of what he would be making in the free agent market? Come on man. 

That is the agents job and with millions of dollars on the line, don't tell me Tyrod didn't  think about what was best for him from a financial standpoint and as well from a performance perspective. They can give a great ball park figure to what their clients will be making. now, and even in the future with QBS virtually getting bigger contracts every year.

I am not saying Tyrod couldn't have made more going somewhere else, but I also will say that him and agent knew a ballpark figure to what he would be making, and he would rather come back to Buffalo on almost a prove it type of contract, so he can cash in a couple years. Buffalo was most likely his best chance to succeed as well, which again, equals more money after this short term contract.

Is this speculation? Of course, but it also makes sense. Unless you believe that TT would take a 30-50 million dollar reduction just to say he wants to play in Buffalo because he loves it here.

Tyrod isn't staying in Buffalo because he has some sort of an unconditional bond for this city.. He is doing it because it is a business move with lots of factors involved. 

On 11/3/2017 at 9:25 AM, Kirby Jackson said:
On 11/3/2017 at 9:24 AM, GoBills808 said:

True. And that's not counting the entire 'what the QB is asked to do' argument when it comes to TO ratio (and efficiency statistics in general), which is why I have a healthy dose of skepticism when it gets posted as some definitive answer as to a QB's value.

FWIW, Tyrod has been asked to shoulder a MASSIVE portion of this offense this year.

Taylor was 90% of Buffalo's offensive output vs the Jets.

On 11/3/2017 at 1:31 PM, Domdab99 said:

He proved it last night. There is no QB in the league who could've done better that TT did last night. Constant pressure, a sieve of an OL...but he kept it calm and cool and did what he could. Hit every damn receiver he had all over the field.

If anyone ever again says he can't throw over the middle, you need to turn in your Bills card.

The running game was awful. His receiver dropped balls and fumbled. He had three monsters in his face hitting him within 2 seconds of just about ever play. He still fought and still had a good game.

I know it sounds strange after such a drubbing, but this may be the game that we look back on and point to when we say, "Tyrod is finally the Man."

Embarrassing loss, yes. But don't blame Tyrod. He played great.

23 hours ago, xRUSHx said:
23 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Check the hyperbole because no one ever said 100x better. In fact, I said earlier in the thread, Id take Cam. That may not be right but its where I stand as of today.

Don't try to use hyperbole because the facts wont support your crusade.

Stop with the crusade crap. I'm a fan and I'm talking about the Bills. This is a Tyrod thread I'm posting my opinion on it.

Why does your post count exponentially increase when Taylor has a bad game OR (very important word there) the Bills lose?

Remember the last couple weeks how you were saying "one foot on the Taylor wagon?" Now you're taking a dump on him because you see a loss as an opportunity to, despite the fact that he was by far the best player on the field in a Bills uniform.

Pretty pathetic. :doh:

2 hours ago, Bangarang said:

Are you being dense on purpose now? How does one GM signing Glennon tell us what most of the other GM thought about him? Or that they would take him over Tyrod. I’ll give you a hint, it doesn’t. 

I did mess up my argument to be honest. For some reason I thought Tyrod was a FA at the end of the year, but I remembered it was a re structured contract.

So my apologies sir

7 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

I did mess up my argument to be honest. For some reason I thought Tyrod was a FA at the end of the year, but I remembered it was a re structured contract.

So my apologies sir

It’s all good. We can still be friends

19 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

So my apologies sir

We all mess up, we don’t all ‘fess up. Well done. 

Well reading through this thread it's clear most won't budge.

Some previously adamant anTy Taylor guys are demonstrating actual flexibility and objectivity like JaCrispy, which is impressive.

Some clearly didn't even watch the game.

Some are hanging all over Romo's jock as a commentator, which is pretty funny.

This entire discussion is old and stale for many reasons, but some people have a vision of what they need their QB to be and Taylor will never be it, despite the obvious steps forward he's taken in his game.

Oh, what's a Franchise QB?

Are people seriously just equating Franchise QB with an Elite QB?

I remember GoBills808 once defined Franchise QB as a QB who starts for the same team for 5 straight years. That means Dalton and Flacco would be Franchise QBs.

Who here would do a straight up trade of Taylor for Flacco/Dalton?